Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (769434 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by blissbay(m): 11:37pm On Feb 01, 2013
Fernandez88: Hello EMU current students!!!

Pls i'll like you guyz to lay more emphasis on EMU newly admitted students for this spring 2013 intake on what to bring to school or what to include in their luggages. The question may sounds funny but it's all about educating those that are coming to the university and N.C at large for the first time.

Thanks!!!

Try to come with whatever you can lay your hands on. What you like to eat that you may miss while here. Garri is an :"eagle eye" here. If you like it like most people do, better come with good quantity.Come with Egusi, Ogbono, dry fish and whatever you can eat to remember home. Dont be shy to bring what you like ooo, as long as it is not against custom's law. Get your favorite cream and bathing soap if you select,and if otherwise, U will get alternative. There are very good liquid milk here, but personally, I prefer the powdered peak milk, you can also come with that. Shaving/barbing is expensive, come with your clipper, you may see friend to help you do the thing. hmmmmm, ok, come with enough money oooo, dont depend on part time job oooo. I beg you. wish you a safe flight to our beautiful Island.

3 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 6:35am On Feb 03, 2013
Does GTBank Plc works perfectly on Savings/Current Account Mastercard in N.C?
Re: North Cyprus by Nuzo1(m): 10:06am On Feb 04, 2013
My cousin will be leaving for NC in a few days time.

1. After booking for a ONE way ticket for him according to EMU and embassy requirements, I'm shocked to hear that the immigrations in MMA would turn him back if he doesn't have a return ticket. Is this true and why?

2. Should I book a to and fro ticket for him, could the return ticket exceed a year, can it be sold or is it going to be a waste?

3. What's the minimum BAT on departure at MMA?

4. How much feeding allowance is okay for a student in EMU for a month?
Re: North Cyprus by abbakacici: 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2013
hycode:

Yes Akdeniz Karpaz Universitesi. what do you want to know about the school? it will be nice if you are specific. The little I know is that the school is at the city center here in Nicosia(lefkosa),the school have been on ground for a while,but started full activity last year and they have a vast Faculty in Air Transportation think the only school offering that here in TRNC.
they send me friend admission so I want to know if it is a good school he want to do his mba there he want to do his mba there and let do his master in a top 50 university because he can't now because he finished with 2 2
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
Nuzo':
My cousin will be leaving for NC in a few days time.

1. After booking for a ONE way ticket for him according to EMU and embassy requirements, I'm shocked to hear that the immigrations in MMA would turn him back if he doesn't have a return ticket. Is this true and why?

2. Should I book a to and fro ticket for him, could the return ticket exceed a year, can it be sold or is it going to be a waste?

3. What's the minimum BAT on departure at MMA?

4. How much feeding allowance is okay for a student in EMU for a month?
I came last week Sunday and i bought a return ticket. The date on the return ticket is 9th February and as i speak to you, the return ticket has been sold. The travel agent you will use, should be able to explain this to you... "My return ticket was just two weeks interval"

As for minimum BTA, there is no minimum so long you have paid your tuition fees and you have your accomondation and feeding allowance because there is no job here.
When i was coming, last week, i took 1200euro and i saw somebody that said he was having 200euro.

As for feeding, food is very cheap here and it depends on individual. Good-luck
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 9:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
Fados BaBa!!! How your side in CIU? I was actually expecting your Ping or Mail! But why should the immigration @ MMIA disturbs and extaut students travelling with one way ticket? I even heard that students with one way ticket have to bribe the immigration b4 they can be allowed to pass. But to me it all depends, it's all about going there and see for yourself, coz i have a friend that flew on 31st to EMU, he bought one way ticket with Turkish Airlines and he did not face any challenges with the immigration.

fados4sure:
I came last week Sunday and i bought a return ticket. The date on the return ticket is 9th February and as i speak to you, the return ticket has been sold. The travel agent you will use, should be able to explain this to you... "My return ticket was just two weeks interval"

As for minimum BTA, there is no minimum so long you have paid your tuition fees and you have your accomondation and feeding allowance because there is no job here.
When i was coming, last week, i took 1200euro and i saw somebody that said he was having 200euro.

As for feeding, food is very cheap here and it depends on individual. Good-luck
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 05, 2013
Fernandez88: Fados BaBa!!! How your side in CIU? I was actually expecting your Ping or Mail! But why should the immigration @ MMIA disturbs and extaut students travelling with one way ticket? I even heard that students with one way ticket have to bribe the immigration b4 they can be allowed to pass. But to me it all depends, it's all about going there and see for yourself, coz i have a friend that flew on 31st to EMU, he bought one way ticket with Turkish Airlines and he did not face any challenges with the immigration.

Shine your eyes bro. I actually sent you an email but, it was saying failure delivery
Re: North Cyprus by topsyking: 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2013
hello house..hi wip
i will like to know where can i take GMAT exams in north cyprus..i need add n location...thanks
Re: North Cyprus by philebrown333: 4:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
Yello People here is a real life and little mistake people do when it get to stage of buying ticket.
i had a guy from this same nairaland who bought ticket from me. He contacted me for ticket which i did invited him to my office at Ikeja and afterwards he purchased a one way ticket. against my advice because it was cheaper something of 10,000 difference but he said they should accept that since he is a student and was going for a 3yrs course well i did as he ordered only to get to the airport, he called me that they refused a one way ticket God saved him that day he was with money he had to buy a return before he was allowed to travel against his budget. Now here is another sroty a guy who already got his ticket and has traveled to north cyprus also called me from there telling me he wants to sell his return ticket and i boldly told him that no where in this world that can be possible and here is my advice as an experienced expert travel agent don't play the game of a penny wise pound folish that little money you will forfeit is not something close to the reward which you will get at the end of your study. the law says it a return ticket so is it dont let just becos of little spoil your integrity. the cost of a return ticket is just some few thousand difference you can let go from a one way ticket. If you need a fast and adiceable, way to book and buy a cheap ticket then you are on track.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:03pm On Feb 05, 2013
philebrown333: Yello People here is a real life and little mistake people do when it get to stage of buying ticket.
i had a guy from this same nairaland who bought ticket from me. He contacted me for ticket which i did invited him to my office at Ikeja and afterwards he purchased a one way ticket. against my advice because it was cheaper something of 10,000 difference but he said they should accept that since he is a student and was going for a 3yrs course well i did as he ordered only to get to the airport, he called me that they refused a one way ticket God saved him that day he was with money he had to buy a return before he was allowed to travel against his budget. Now here is another sroty a guy who already got his ticket and has traveled to north cyprus also called me from there telling me he wants to sell his return ticket and i boldly told him that no where in this world that can be possible and here is my advice as an experienced expert travel agent don't play the game of a penny wise pound folish that little money you will forfeit is not something close to the reward which you will get at the end of your study. the law says it a return ticket so is it dont let just becos of little spoil your integrity. the cost of a return ticket is just some few thousand difference you can let go from a one way ticket. If you need a fast and adiceable, way to book and buy a cheap ticket then you are on track.

I just want to state something clear, Note those bolded parts. I like to give REAL and CORRECT INFORMATION on the bolded parts ONLY.

The first one is you can get refund for return ticket/s ( I mean YES and YES...I have done it on several occasions, I dont know if you cant help your clients get it but It is 100000% possible and I will advise you ask the airline how to do it or those more experience in that)

Secondly, There is no rule from Cyprus or Any universities here that states, student must come with return tickets. ONLY ignorants staffs in Nigerian Airports and FRAUD that are forcing students to do that.

NOTE: I am not asking students to buy one way or return tickets but student coming from country where there are Thieves and ignorants staff at the Airport without the government interference may need to follow what the Airport staff wants.

Poster: Pls note am not travelling agent nor tickets agent ooooo so am not asking students not to buy tickets from you but I just need to correct that bolded parts. thanks
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 5:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
philebrown333: Yello People here is a real life and little mistake people do when it get to stage of buying ticket.

Your ticket touting in this thread will not be accepted, i have had this issue with you many times before, you served ban because of this before and you are back again doing the same thing?

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 6:51pm On Feb 05, 2013
Thanks WIP for this informative write-up! I wanna draw your attention back to the mails you sent to me which i did not receive, same thing has occured when a friend of mine claimed he sent me a mail, and i later noticed that i am having a logging and checking problems from Yahoo!
wip7:

I just want to state something clear, Note those bolded parts. I like to give REAL and CORRECT INFORMATION on the bolded parts ONLY.

The first one is you can get refund for return ticket/s ( I mean YES and YES...I have done it on several occasions, I dont know if you cant help your clients get it but It is 100000% possible and I will advise you ask the airline how to do it or those more experience in that)

Secondly, There is no rule from Cyprus or Any universities here that states, student must come with return tickets. ONLY ignorants staffs in Nigerian Airports and FRAUD that are forcing students to do that.

NOTE: I am not asking students to buy one way or return tickets but student coming from country where there are Thieves and ignorants staff at the Airport without the government interference may need to follow what the Airport staff wants.

Poster: Pls note am not travelling agent nor tickets agent ooooo so am not asking students not to buy tickets from you but I just need to correct that bolded parts. thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
Fernandez88: Thanks WIP for this informative write-up! I wanna draw your attention back to the mails you sent to me which i did not receive, same thing has occured when a friend of mine claimed he sent me a mail, and i later noticed that i am having a logging and checking problems from Yahoo!

I am happy you now know i replied you twice but your BB has fault as i guessed. Anyway wish you safe trip on ur Journey.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
justwise:

Your ticket touting in this thread will not be accepted, i have had this issue with you many times before, you served ban because of this before and you are back again doing the same thing?

Hmmm Boss, longest time ooooo..You just forget me for Island and you refuse to visit us hmmmmm!! Am sure u are fine!!
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 9:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
Thanks WIP! I'll mail you with my new e-mail address. And i'll like to use this medium to appeal to you to please plea to your Colleagues, staffs and management of EMU on my behalf to please disregard all my misconducts of sending multiple mails to them, i did not notice early that the problem was from my mail account provider. I did not at once thought of sending multiple mails to the Rector, Registrar and others! So please WIP, i'll really be glad if you could do this for me.

Thanks and God blessed!!!

wip7:

I am happy you now know i replied you twice but your BB has fault as i guessed. Anyway wish you safe trip on ur Journey.
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 9:37pm On Feb 05, 2013
Hey Boss!!! It seems my mail account is somehow damaged or faulty from the provider, WIP complained same thing to me sometime ago. I can't send or receive mail. Here's my new mail address and my FB account name; banjo.lincoln@yahoo.co.uk, Banjo Lincoln. Hope to hearing from you so soon.

te author=fados4sure]
Shine your eyes bro. I actually sent you an email but, it was saying failure delivery[/quote]
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 9:39pm On Feb 05, 2013
Hey Boss!!! It seems my mail account is somehow damaged or faulty from the provider, WIP complained same thing to me sometime ago. I can't send or receive mail. Here's my new mail address and my FB account name; banjo.lincoln@yahoo.co.uk, Banjo Lincoln. Hope to hearing from you so soon.
fados4sure:
Shine your eyes bro. I actually sent you an email but, it was saying failure delivery
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 9:43pm On Feb 05, 2013
penroll55:
Ą♍ in EMU,as a first time traveler you need a return ticket and the yellow card cus immigration might give you problem and have a good way to extort money from you if you don't have it and paid a one way ticket.
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 9:26am On Feb 06, 2013
wip7:

Hmmm Boss, longest time ooooo..You just forget me for Island and you refuse to visit us hmmmmm!! Am sure u are fine!!

grin grin grin not at all, i will definitely honor your invitation, my program is still rusty here, will keep you posted in due time.

Good job here though helping people. very nice of you.
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 11:56am On Feb 07, 2013
pls can i get to know someon schooling in metu ncc,,pls i need some one to put me through
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 12:01pm On Feb 07, 2013
pls i need someone to put me through pls
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:17pm On Feb 07, 2013
udehraphael: pls can i get to know someon schooling in metu ncc,,pls i need some one to put me through

What do you want to know about METU? What program do you want to study? how old are you? If you pass me those answers i maybe able to help you out
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 10:38am On Feb 08, 2013
Thanks wip7,,,pls i want to study in chemical engineering,,pls i want to know how to go about,,and how much i will be needing monthly over there,,pls reply
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 10:41am On Feb 08, 2013
Pls i know about the tuition,,but i want to know about the lifestyle over there
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 10:41am On Feb 08, 2013
Pls i know about the tuition,,but i want to know about the lifestyle over there in metu
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:30pm On Feb 08, 2013
udehraphael: Thanks wip7,,,pls i want to study in chemical engineering,,pls i want to know how to go about,,and how much i will be needing monthly over there,,pls reply

For METU (Middle East Technical University)

You will need a maximum score of 21 in five subjects to be admitted, three of which must be related to the program you applied for. If you score 15, you will be awarded 50% but above 16-21 points you will be awarded 25% scholarship. After you are admitted you will be required to pay FULL one semester fees (based on your scaholarship)+ one Full semester Hostel fees (aprox 1100USD), this amount must be transferred to the University after which, you will prepare to obtain your transit visa.

If you wish to apply you may send me your documents and i can make the application on your behalf or you can apply directly yourself (choose what you want).

NOTE: METU is very strict on dates, so you must beat all deadlines and you will write English and Maths exams test before you are allow to register.

udehraphael: Pls i know about the tuition,,but i want to know about the lifestyle over there in metu

The lifestyle is unique to all other universities in Cyprus and the university boost of medium sized international students from various countries. For chemical engineering, you will really enjoy the practical classes and you will have some technical trainings at Ankara (Turkey) as well. Roughly you will be fine with 200-350USD monthly on feeding and living expenses (though it depends on your lifestyle).

Do you have any other questions, drop it down here...........
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
Is there anyone going to EMU next week?
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 11:49pm On Feb 08, 2013
@ wip7 thanks 4 d response,,pls u said i will write matts and english exams,,,,pls pour more light on it,,pls
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 11:53pm On Feb 08, 2013
Pls wip7 can u advice me,,,i intend going 4 petroleum eng @ metu but job opportunity scares me off,,now i intend going 4 chemical.,,pls i need advice i really love petroleum eng
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 11:54pm On Feb 08, 2013
Pls wip7 can u advice me,,,i intend going 4 petroleum eng @ metu but job opportunity scares me off,,now i intend going 4 chemical.,,pls i need advice i really love petroleum eng ,,,offshore works and all others

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.