Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (770833 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 3:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
@udehraphael ,worry 359: no need to trade words with you guys. yet i repeat, that English isn't good for an MBA!!!!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2013
Good-evening Mr WIP7.
Please, is there any school or coaching centre around Lefkosia where i can learn Turkish Language? I am beginig to see that Capriot are interesting people but the only problem is language barrier.
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
@ wip 7,,i will send my document tomorrow morning
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:08am On Mar 01, 2013
fados4sure: Good-evening Mr WIP7.
Please, is there any school or coaching centre around Lefkosia where i can learn Turkish Language? I am beginig to see that Capriot are interesting people but the only problem is language barrier.

Yes there are some Turkish language schools in Lefkosia but i dont know if they exist again, try locate British embassy area there are few language schools just few houses from there. Also go to CIU language or information desk they should know more. In EMU we offer Turkish language and Chinese (manadarin)training Free of charge for our students. We shall start so soon for this semester. Yeah when you speak the language everything becomes easy and you have better access than non-speaker!
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 10:21am On Mar 01, 2013
Hi WIP7! Pls I will love to enrol for the free chinese training, I want you to inform you when EMU start the. Training.

Thanks

wip7:

Yes there are some Turkish language schools in Lefkosia but i dont know if they exist again, try locate British embassy area there are few language schools just few houses from there. Also go to CIU language or information desk they should know more. In EMU we offer Turkish language and Chinese (manadarin)training Free of charge for our students. We shall start so soon for this semester. Yeah when you speak the language everything becomes easy and you have better access than non-speaker!
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 10:49am On Mar 01, 2013
Goodday mr wip7,,i have sent my document to u today,,thanks and God bless
Re: North Cyprus by eedriyz(m): 11:31am On Mar 01, 2013
udehraphael: Goodday mr wip7,,i have sent my document to u today,,thanks and God bless

For Metu?
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 12:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
Yes for metu
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2013
Fernandez88: Hi WIP7! Pls I will love to enrol for the free chinese training, I want you to inform you when EMU start the. Training.Thanks

You like chinese (Mandarine) waow...its good!!

udehraphael: Goodday mr wip7,,i have sent my document to u today,,thanks and God bless

I received and i will speak with the registrar next week and update you as well next week. You have good result!!!
Re: North Cyprus by trustee20: 1:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
Greetings, WIP7,
I have been following this thread for some time now, and I quite appreciate your high level of support and assistance for especially Nigerians who intend or are planning to study in Cyprus. Your reward is straight from Heaven. keep it up sir.
I am a graduate of Philosophy and intend to study in Cyprus for this upcoming fall session. Please Sir, I wish to ask for your candid advice on which school to choose between CIU, METU and EMU. What are their tuition fees. I know these schools has website,but I also know that a more explicit information will come from, as you have done for others. Thanks very much for your anticipated co operation, support and quick response. God bless.
Re: North Cyprus by eedriyz(m): 2:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
udehraphael: Yes for metu

Okay. My fingers are kept crossed for EMU. Goodluck
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:28pm On Mar 01, 2013
trustee20: Greetings, WIP7,
I have been following this thread for some time now, and I quite appreciate your high level of support and assistance for especially Nigerians who intend or are planning to study in Cyprus. Your reward is straight from Heaven. keep it up sir.
I am a graduate of Philosophy and intend to study in Cyprus for this upcoming fall session. Please Sir, I wish to ask for your candid advice on which school to choose between CIU, METU and EMU. What are their tuition fees. I know these schools has website,but I also know that a more explicit information will come from, as you have done for others. Thanks very much for your anticipated co operation, support and quick response. God bless.

Thanks for your words. I am part of university system and i have passed through number of universities. I will only advise students to choose universities that are reputable, good environment, facilities, recognized and that can actually provide cutting edge education to the students. I will recommend either EMU or METU for you. These are state sponsored Universities not private, with good number of reputation. Unfortunately non of these universities offers Master program in Philosophy which you did study at your undergraduate year.

You may be admitted into M.A program in International relations which both university offers. You must have atleast 2.5/4.0 to be admitted and METU selection criteria stricter. METU offer combination of political science and Intl relation as a master program.
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 9:39am On Mar 02, 2013
@WIP! Is it possible for me to pay part of my Fall Semester Fees into the School Account? The money is half of what i'm to pay in Fall, and i do not want to spend it unnecessarily!
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 10:06am On Mar 02, 2013
@eedriyz,,,,thanks man and good luck too,,,Baba God dey bro

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:26am On Mar 02, 2013
Fernandez88: @WIP! Is it possible for me to pay part of my Fall Semester Fees into the School Account? The money is half of what i'm to pay in Fall, and i do not want to spend it unnecessarily!

Yes of course, just go to koop bank and give them your student number and pay into your account!
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 10:42am On Mar 02, 2013
Thanks alot wip7 hope to hear from u soon,,thanks and God bless
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 6:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ok! Thanks SIR!!! One more thing, i have a friend from Thailand, She is interested doing a Summer School here in EMU, but i couldn't get the Summer Form online. And can she transfer after her summer to full undergraduate program in EMU?

wip7:

Yes of course, just go to koop bank and give them your student number and pay into your account!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:34pm On Mar 02, 2013
Fernandez88: Ok! Thanks SIR!!! One more thing, i have a friend from Thailand, She is interested doing a Summer School here in EMU, but i couldn't get the Summer Form online. And can she transfer after her summer to full undergraduate program in EMU?

We do not offer full program during summer, if her university is part of EMU exchange partner she can come as exchange student. If not it maybe difficult to enrol during summer. Although, the university are having meeting to open summer entry but yet to conclude. Yes incase she finds herself here she can transfer.
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 11:39pm On Mar 02, 2013
Pls! SIR! I didn't get you clearly, you mean she can't enrol for summer school as a foreign student? She has not attended any university before, she just like EMU and she want to do summer school here. I've told her about the summer program which is the maximum of 3 courses, and she said she'll do it and leter transfer to full undergraduate admission.
wip7:

We do not offer full program during summer, if her university is part of EMU exchange partner she can come as exchange student. If not it maybe difficult to enrol during summer. Although, the university are having meeting to open summer entry but yet to conclude. Yes incase she finds herself here she can transfer.
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2013
@wip 7,,pls is there any oil company in turkey or refinery in middle east as whole and also i heard student who graduate with good grade from metu are given job in middle east
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2013
Fernandez88: Pls! SIR! I didn't get you clearly, you mean she can't enrol for summer school as a foreign student? She has not attended any university before, she just like EMU and she want to do summer school here. I've told her about the summer program which is the maximum of 3 courses, and she said she'll do it and leter transfer to full undergraduate admission.

EMU dont admit during summer.

udehraphael: @wip 7,,pls is there any oil company in turkey or refinery in middle east as whole and also i heard student who graduate with good grade from metu are given job in middle east

There are oil companies in Middle east and Turkey. METU graduates do fine after graduation as most students under petroleum undergo training with some of these oil facilities.
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 5:53am On Mar 06, 2013
Ok! Boss!!! Thanks. I wanna bring to your notice that i'm now a Student Assistant in my Dept.

wip7:

EMU dont admit during summer.

There are oil companies in Middle east and Turkey. METU graduates do fine after graduation as most students under petroleum undergo training with some of these oil facilities.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:08am On Mar 06, 2013
Fernandez88: Ok! Boss!!! Thanks. I wanna bring to your notice that i'm now a Student Assistant in my Dept.

Waow thats really good. Now you are collecting Salary hmmmmmm Jamiu, you a big man then!!
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 06, 2013
Please Mr WIP7?
I will be meeting all the requirement for residence permit by next and i would like to know how long will it take then to issue me the Residence Permit and secondly, if i want to travel to Nigeria, do i need a Turkey transit visa?
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 8:37am On Mar 06, 2013
Nop!!!!!!! That can't be TRUE! They didn't mention any salary, after the interview "last week" they said that i really impressed them with my performance but unfortunately they were looking for old students. But just on Monday, "this week" i went to my Dept. Secretary for some errors on my portal and She told that im now available as their Student Assistant, that they'll be calling whenever they need me but if only i could do it voluntarily! And i said yes, i wanna do it coz i'll like to get more accustom to my Dept. I didn't know it involves salary coz they said VOLUNTARILY. How is the pay like WIP? And should i go and accept the Offer or not? Pls i need your heed!!!

wip7:

Waow thats really good. Now you are collecting Salary hmmmmmm Jamiu, you a big man then!!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:04am On Mar 06, 2013
fados4sure: Please Mr WIP7?
I will be meeting all the requirement for residence permit by next and i would like to know how long will it take then to issue me the Residence Permit and secondly, if i want to travel to Nigeria, do i need a Turkey transit visa?

Residence permit is issued same day if you have all the required docs with you and money. You dont need visa to return to your country since you hold Nigerian passport. Some Airline like Egypt Air may request that but is not necessary since you wont be entering Turkey. On Turkish Airline is stated boldly you dont need it.

Fernandez88: Nop!!!!!!! That can't be TRUE! They didn't mention any salary, after the interview "last week" they said that i really impressed them with my performance but unfortunately they were looking for old students. But just on Monday, "this week" i went to my Dept. Secretary for some errors on my portal and She told that im now available as their Student Assistant, that they'll be calling whenever they need me but if only i could do it voluntarily! And i said yes, i wanna do it coz i'll like to get more accustom to my Dept. I didn't know it involves salary coz they said VOLUNTARILY. How is the pay like WIP? And should i go and accept the Offer or not? Pls i need your heed!!!

At EMU, student assistant job comes with SALARY. It varies based on the unit and number of hours allowed, if you have chosen VOLUNTARY work then dont expect salary. You may start the voluntary for now and you have good benefits and exposure the department and maybe after a semester they may change your status from VOL to SAL. wish you luck!!!!!!!
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 10:57am On Mar 06, 2013
@ mr wip7,,good day sir,pls any news on metu yet?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:58am On Mar 06, 2013
udehraphael: @ mr wip7,,good day sir,pls any news on metu yet?

Your application forwarded to your chosen department. I will update you if they need anything from you. When the admission letter is out, you will be informed as well.
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 6:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
@wip7,,,,,thanks alot sir,,may God bless and uplift u during this lenting period,,,,Amen
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2013
hi wip!

i would like to know if the 50% scholarship is also available for prospective international M.A students, i have a friend coming in sept. for M.A. in Communication and Media Studies.

wip7:

Your application forwarded to your chosen department. I will update you if they need anything from you. When the admission letter is out, you will be informed as well.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2013
Fernandez88: hi wip!

i would like to know if the 50% scholarship is also available for prospective international M.A students, i have a friend coming in sept. for M.A. in Communication and Media Studies.

Yes if the student have 2.5/4.0 CGPA
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
Pls SIR!!! i want you to clarify the below fees with 50% Scholarship, coz it seems im not getting the rough calculation. I know that a minimum of 7 Courses has to be registered for Masters program, and Students pay per course during registration. What i would like to know is that, whats the minimum course he could take in one semester? does the scholarship applies to all the below fees? how many semester will it take a student to complete the M.A program in Communication and media studies? and i don't know if he is going to take these courses ENG511 (20 hour/week) ENGL513, ENGL515, ENGL521, ENGL523, ENGL525, coz the courses are not listed under his program; M.A. in Communications and media studies?

2012 - 2013 ACADEMIC YEAR MASTERĀ“S AND DOCTORAL PROGRAMS TUITION FEES

Thesis Programs

International Students
Registration Fee per Course 1,023 USD
Thesis Registration 1,023 USD
Seminar (First Registration) 0 USD
Seminar (Second Registration) 205 USD
ENG511 (20 hour/week) 2,046 USD
ENGL513, ENGL515, ENGL521, ENGL523, ENGL525 512 USD
Deficiency Program Courses 716 USD
Funds per Semester 110 USD

SIR I WILL BE HIGHLY GRATEFUL IF ALL MY QUESTIONS ARE BEEN ADDRESSED.

THANKS.

wip7:

Yes if the student have 2.5/4.0 CGPA

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.