Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (768941 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by laboldkid(m): 10:15pm On Mar 26, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:37pm On Mar 26, 2013
menaveroh: please i need to know how will it cost me to travel to Cyprus to live and work,or school
i work in a hospitality industry here in Nigeria as a waiter and presently working now as a bartender,we it be easy get a job in any hotel or club or restaurant if i travel there ,how much do you think i need to travel there if am going for schooling we it be up to 800k or more ,or we i be able to school and work as a bartender when i get there are there any uni that we we allow me school and work while schooling with them .what if am going to live and seek for job if i get there will i spend up to the 800k,because i understand that one spend much if you are traveling with a schooling visa.please i need to travel to Cyprus i love that country

Good day, I will like to give you some advise and also guide you if you wish to follow it. If your sole intention to travel to Cyprus (south Cyprus or North Cyprus)is to work and earn money, i will advise you to stay back at your country. South Cyprus is currently in a huge financial mess and many people are looking for job there currently, so it will be costly mistake for you to plunge yourself into that mess. If is north Cyprus, we already have so much plenty student here or people looking for job and cant find so it may be difficult for you even though North Cyprus do not experience similar financial imbroglio. 800k Naira is just about 5000USD that will only be enough to pay your flight and your first semester tuition fees. how will you pay your accommodation, feed yourself and continue with life without money for following semesters

Please if you dont have complete 4 years tuition and accommodation fees for undergraduate studies or master depending on your case, dont bother applying to study in Cyprus and this applies to many other countries abroad. You may find job but it may be difficult or wages not enough to meet ur need, you may not find job as well. Enough said!!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
udehraphael: Thanks alot mr wip7,,,that means it won,t be expensive travelling there or like how much will it cost

I dont know about cost, i will advise you live in Cyprus first before asking this question. The embassy will surely inform you the cost implication, you may have to ask the flight agency the flight cost and other charges you may incur. Just to remind you still waiting for response on your application status.

la_bold_kid: Okay sir,pls kindly send a list of all the credentials i wud be sending to ayomideoji@yahoo.com.thanks in advance

Please kindly search for my email in this thread or better still look up to EMU website for admission requirements or application procedure. If you find my email send me the following : olevel result and international passport and course you plan to study. You must be born from 1989 upward to be admitted.

trustee20:

Please Sir, I am still waiting, my admission status still remains the same- waiting approval at the department. It is taking quite some time. Hope nothing has gone wrong. Is there any way you can help. Please sir!

This is March, semester starts Sept so is so early to get panic. When EMU start evaluating for Sept entry the department will evaluate you and you will be be informed of your status. Kindly wait to be evaluated, since you have about 6 months to the entrance of the semester.
Re: North Cyprus by vernalsage(m): 8:22pm On Mar 31, 2013
Hi wip7, i read through this forum and i must say i admire your altruism. Salut.
I am contemplating applying to EMU for a Masters in Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
Is there a way i could make some enquiries from you in private, like via email or pm?
Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:55am On Apr 01, 2013
vernalsage: Hi wip7, i read through this forum and i must say i admire your altruism. Salut.
I am contemplating applying to EMU for a Masters in Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
Is there a way i could make some enquiries from you in private, like via email or pm?
Thanks

Yes, you can email me and i will respond to your enquiries.
Re: North Cyprus by olascoakon: 9:19am On Apr 01, 2013
@wip7, i am one of ur ardent follower and i want 2 ask u a question.I was given admission 4 jan intake i didnt apply 4 scholarship so i wasnt given now since u say all international student wud be given a 50% discount in tuition, i want 2 renew my admission 4 sept wil d 50% apply 2 me, wil my tuition be reduce.Tanxs in anticipation
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:39am On Apr 01, 2013
olasco_akon: @wip7, i am one of ur ardent follower and i want 2 ask u a question.I was given admission 4 jan intake i didnt apply 4 scholarship so i wasnt given now since u say all international student wud be given a 50% discount in tuition, i want 2 renew my admission 4 sept wil d 50% apply 2 me, wil my tuition be reduce.Tanxs in anticipation

As far as i know, all students that applied for scholarship were given scholarship cos i was in charge of African scholarship so if you did apply then you would have been awarded based on your grades. Now we changed the system due to some abuse by agents trying to sell the scholarship that is NATURALLY FREE. So now if you apply for admission, your scholarship and EMU bank account will be on your admission letter. So you can re-apply now!!! Also note, do not pay tuition fees into any agent account...we advise you to pay directly yourself into EMU account details as written on the Admission letter.
Re: North Cyprus by seyi852002: 3:29pm On Apr 01, 2013
Hi mr wip..I hold a bsc mathematics with a 2.2(cgpa 3.2 out of 7pts). I wish to apply for my msc in computer engineering @ EMU for fall intake, kindly provide me with the necessary documents to send to u and the possibility of getting admission with 50% schorlarship.seyi
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
seyi852002: Hi mr wip..I hold a bsc mathematics with a 2.2(cgpa 3.2 out of 7pts). I wish to apply for my msc in computer engineering @ EMU for fall intake, kindly provide me with the necessary documents to send to u and the possibility of getting admission with 50% schorlarship.seyi

you will need your transcript, bachelor cert and intl passport
Re: North Cyprus by seyi852002: 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2013
I have attached my official transcript, Bsc cert and international passport to ur mail..my courses of choice are computer eng, applied maths nd computer science and information system all with thesis. Kindly reply my email
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:12pm On Apr 01, 2013
seyi852002: I have attached my official transcript, Bsc cert and international passport to ur mail..my courses of choice are computer eng, applied maths nd computer science and information system all with thesis. Kindly reply my email

Received and application will be treated as stated!!
Re: North Cyprus by seyi852002: 9:42pm On Apr 01, 2013
Tanx I got ur response..do I need to make any application or everytin will be handled by u?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:55pm On Apr 01, 2013
seyi852002: Tanx I got ur response..do I need to make any application or everytin will be handled by u?

No sir...you dont need to apply again, i already sent your application to your chosen department!
Re: North Cyprus by seyi852002: 10:04pm On Apr 01, 2013
That's great work sir, I seriously need a schorlarship (either partial or full)..cheers
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:29pm On Apr 01, 2013
seyi852002: That's great work sir, I seriously need a schorlarship (either partial or full)..cheers

You will surely be awarded partial scholarship, full scholarship highly competitive and few...kindly wait for status of your application as soon as its available!!
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 11:59am On Apr 04, 2013
Goodday mr wip7,,any news yet?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:24pm On Apr 04, 2013
udehraphael: Goodday mr wip7,,any news yet?

None for now... relax till you hear from me!!
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 7:29pm On Apr 04, 2013
Ok sir
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:28pm On Apr 07, 2013
udehraphael: Ok sir

Your acceptance letter will be ready Next week, METU also informed me you called 3 times, they kindly apologise for the delay!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by seyi852002: 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
I got a rejection mail due to a low CGPA of 2.0. Kindly advice me on what to do cos I really need to proceed for my Msc. Regards
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
Thanks alot mr wip7,,sorry for the stress,may God bless and reward u,,i pray i get d opportunity to pay u back one day,,thans andmay God almighty bless u heavily,amen
Re: North Cyprus by seyi852002: 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2013
Mr wip, kindly advice me about this IGRS rejection, I'm confused
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:08pm On Apr 07, 2013
seyi852002: Mr wip, kindly advice me about this IGRS rejection, I'm confused

I will speak with IGRS next week and update you.from the system they required 2.5 CGPA or 4 point scale. I will follow up and see if they can allow you in or not. Was away so will meet them next wk.

udehraphael: Thanks alot mr wip7,,sorry for the stress,may God bless and reward u,,i pray i get d opportunity to pay u back one day,,thans andmay God almighty bless u heavily,amen

Its okay, be focus and do us good with your education and make Nigeria proud!! thats all i need from you.....

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by seyi852002: 8:52pm On Apr 07, 2013
I'll appreciate it if I cud be considered for admission. I still kip all hope high. Regards
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2013
@wip7 i will never fail cuz i wil always stick to ur advice and that of my elders,so that i can be successful in life,,thank u very much
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:04pm On Apr 08, 2013
udehraphael: @wip7 i will never fail cuz i wil always stick to ur advice and that of my elders,so that i can be successful in life,,thank u very much

Kindly check your email. your acceptance letter sent to you. You are asked to deposit 500usd into the METU account but i suggest you pay full if you have so as to cut bank charges. congrats!
Re: North Cyprus by seyi852002: 4:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
Hello mr wip, have u discussed with IGRS? I'm very anxious to know my fate..
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
@wip7- Please, i would like to know if International students are allowed to work in Turkey while studying. I know anything coming from you is first-hand information. Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 9:11pm On Apr 08, 2013
Thanks alot mr wip7,,am very happy today,,,thank u very much,,may God almighthy reward u heavily,,as i said earlier,,i pray i get the opportunity to pay u back,,thanks and Godbless,i will pay the full tuition as u adviced me to.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:10am On Apr 09, 2013
udehraphael: Thanks alot mr wip7,,am very happy today,,,thank u very much,,may God almighthy reward u heavily,,as i said earlier,,i pray i get the opportunity to pay u back,,thanks and Godbless,i will pay the full tuition as u adviced me to.

Kndly fill the acceptance form sent along with your admission and send back to me with the telex copy from your bank. Then i will guide you on the visa procedure after the official unconditional letter comes frm METU.

seyi852002: Hello mr wip, have u discussed with IGRS? I'm very anxious to know my fate..

I have spoken with the IGRS, the director is currently away and she has final say. She will be back this week and i will update you...wait for the update in ur email.

Demaejy: @wip7- Please, i would like to know if International students are allowed to work in Turkey while studying. I know anything coming from you is first-hand information. Thanks.

Yes intl students can work, but it may be quite difficult due to language barrier. Most pple comunicate in Turkish and they might want staff or workers that can communicate as well. But if you can comminucate then you will win their hearts. Also wages are slightly low in Turkey and may only serve as support for living expenses but may not reach students to do anything than to survive. Turkey is kind of cheaper though but not comprable to Nigeria interms of xpenses so i advise all intending students to have full year fees and stable support from Home....
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2013

Yes intl students can work, but it may be quite difficult due to language barrier. Most pple comunicate in Turkish and they might want staff or workers that can communicate as well. But if you can comminucate then you will win their hearts. Also wages are slightly low in Turkey and may only serve as support for living expenses but may not reach students to do anything than to survive. Turkey is kind of cheaper though but not comprable to Nigeria interms of xpenses so i advise all intending students to have full year fees and stable support from Home....
Thank you very much. Please what could be advantages for those students who are studying Tourism and hospitality management in term of work and earning in Turkey? Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 2:25pm On Apr 09, 2013
Goodday mr wip7,sorry i didn,t get u properly,,u said i should fill the form and send it back to u with a telex copy from my bank? Also i was give 1 month to reply or my admission will be cancelled,,so what should do? And how will i go about d telex?also will i pay d 500dollars before d unconditional letter comes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.