Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (770961 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 19, 2013
emmausa: Pls help out! Is it too late to apply for admission in south cyprus? I really wanna apply. Secondly which do u think is better, north cyprus or south cyprus
South is EU but they have their problem. As for North, is a no place don't come
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 12:41pm On Apr 19, 2013
Goodday mr wip7,,please i need your advice because i trust your words,,please why are all this fellas complaining of northcyprus,please i need your advice cuz it is the best,,i am coming for education and not for fun,,so i need advice from people who are focused and not people who are in northcyprus for flexing,please mr wip7 i need your advice so that i can make my payment and rap up my admission,please advice me...
Re: North Cyprus by tdade(m): 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2013
wip7:

Your total point from the related subjects is 20 from the results you posted, therefore you will be admitted with 25% waiver, which means you will be required to pay 4133usd each semester(inclusive of accomodation, health insurance and tuition).
is it possible you process it for me sir? If yes, how much/what will I need? Also, if after my first year, I get outstanding grades and a good cgpa of say 3.82, does the tuition waiver increase? Sorry for all the questions sir. Just need to get my facts right before presenting it to my parents. Thanks in advance sir.
Re: North Cyprus by tdade(m): 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2013
fados4sure:
South is EU but they have their problem. As for North, is a no place don't come
please, kindly state your reasons for advising against going to TRNC. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:46pm On Apr 19, 2013
tdade: is it possible you process it for me sir? If yes, how much/what will I need? Also, if after my first year, I get outstanding grades and a good cgpa of say 3.82, does the tuition waiver increase? Sorry for all the questions sir. Just need to get my facts right before presenting it to my parents. Thanks in advance sir.

Yea i can process the admission for you, normally METU charges application fees as written on their website but i will get it done for you free tru the university registrar. So getting the admission will be FREE for you. Yes possibly you waiver can increase based on your result. After admission you will need to be ready to pay 4133USD as your tuition and others to METU bank account.

udehraphael: Goodday mr wip7,,please i need your advice because i trust your words,,please why are all this fellas complaining of northcyprus,please i need your advice cuz it is the best,,i am coming for education and not for fun,,so i need advice from people who are focused and not people who are in northcyprus for flexing,please mr wip7 i need your advice so that i can make my payment and rap up my admission,please advice me...

If you wish to obtain quality education in TRNC then you are welcome. TRNC is affordable,cool, low crime and secure region to study and thats what makes real students with education at hearts to come down to TRNC while others have hidden agenda....Pls follow your hearts!!!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Seaen(m): 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2013
@wip7 A Very Good Day to you sir. A wonderful job and selfless service you're doing here. I sent you a email attaching my documents. I'l like to know my chance of getting admitted with my result. Thank you sir.
Re: North Cyprus by tdade(m): 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2013
wip7:

Yea i can process the admission for you, normally METU charges application fees as written on their website but i will get it done for you free tru the university registrar. So getting the admission will be FREE for you. Yes possibly you waiver can increase based on your result. After admission you will need to be ready to pay 4133USD as your tuition and others to METU bank account.

Ok sir, I'd really appreciate that. Tell me what I'll need o send to you. Also, how long do you think it'll take before I get a reply from the school? Thanks again.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2013
[quote author=tdade][/quote]

I will need your olevel result, scratch card details to check your result, intl passport. Admission process within 2wks.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2013
Seæn: @wip7 A Very Good Day to you sir. A wonderful job and selfless service you're doing here. I sent you a email attaching my documents. I'l like to know my chance of getting admitted with my result. Thank you sir.

I replied your email. you got great result!
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2013
Thanks alot mr wip7,i will send d document to you next week
Re: North Cyprus by tdade(m): 6:45pm On Apr 19, 2013
wip7:

I will need your olevel result, scratch card details to check your result, intl passport. Admission process within 2wks.

there's a problem sir. My D.O.B in my Olevels was imputed wrongly(and stupidly) by my teacher and I'm to change it in the coming months, but that isn't shown on the result slip, only the certificate(which I haven't collected). My international passport has my real DOB though I'll need to renew that seeing as it expired a few months ago(ecowas one) but I still have it. I also have a birth certificate if that's needed.
Re: North Cyprus by Seaen(m): 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2013
wip7:

I replied your email. you got great result!
Thanks...Its highly appreciated.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 20, 2013
Hi Wip: you are a rare breed!

I am keen on cyprus - uni of nicosia. My issues are that I am married with 2 kids, need to start a PhD in media and communication in that school and a bit confused with the following:

1. What kind of visa is required for self and family?
2. How much is the tution, the school site is stating that I need to deposit approx $1,000 among other requirement.
3. Is the school in North or South Cyprus.
4. Is self sponsoring allowed.
5. What is a typical rent for family size?
6. I plan to commence spring 2014 can admission processing begin now?
7. How much cash do i definitely need post admission at least for feeding monthly.
8. Are there possibilities for work within the first few months.
9. Look forward to your response.

God Bless Sir.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2013
Keneking: Hi Wip: you are a rare breed!

I am keen on cyprus - uni of nicosia. My issues are that I am married with 2 kids, need to start a PhD in media and communication in that school and a bit confused with the following:

1. What kind of visa is required for self and family?
2. How much is the tution, the school site is stating that I need to deposit approx $1,000 among other requirement.
3. Is the school in North or South Cyprus.
4. Is self sponsoring allowed.
5. What is a typical rent for family size?
6. I plan to commence spring 2014 can admission processing begin now?
7. How much cash do i definitely need post admission at least for feeding monthly.
8. Are there possibilities for work within the first few months.
9. Look forward to your response.

God Bless Sir.

Good day sir,

Thanks for your word.

1. You will only be given student visa that will last you for few days at Cyprus consulate and after registration at the university, you will be given residence permit (Pink Slip as it is called in Cyprus). You family members may apply for visit visa and requirement for staying with you as regarding their residence will be based on the fact that, you can proof that you have the financial means to support and accommodate them.

NOTE: You may not be able to go immediately with your family if you cant proof that you have required amount in your personal bank to take care of them. Also i may advise you go first and see things yourself before you invite them.

2. The tuition is 9000euros for 3 years PhD studies (3000euros per year), if you cant finish your program in 3yrs, you will be required to pay 1500euro each additional year, this fee is excluding accommodation and other charges (approx 1000euro for other charges.

You got it wrong sir: As soon as you obtain your admission, YOU MUST DEPOSIT ATLEAST 3200EURO into the university bank account, after then the university will process your visa details with their migration department and ask you to apply for your visa at their embassy or consulate. Without payment of 3200euro, you cant apply for visa. According to Cyprus immigration policy for intl student, you must also have CASH ATLEAST 2000EURO with you upon arrival to take care of your immediate need if not you will be returned back to your country at point of arrival.

3. South Cyprus

4. Yes, you can sponsor yourself

5. For normal single student in university administered dormitories, rent per student ranges 1800-2200euros for 10 months. As a family man, you may require to obtain 2 bedrooms flat within the street or near the university, which range 300-750euros per month (most are semi or fully furnished.

6. You may have to wait till August to start your admission processing for Spring 2014, or contact the university if they allow to start now but normally the university just had application extension for their summer recruitment and FALL is yet to start for 2013.

7. 200-350euros will be fine for a single gentleman, with family member inclusive you may have to add 100-200euro so that you can feed them well. But sometimes you might even live below this figure if accommodation is already settled and other bills.

8. NO, students are eligible to work legally 6 months after entering the country and only 20hrs/week are allowed for intl students. Pls beware that south Cyprus Job is quite scarce now and job maybe highly difficult due to economic imbroglio facing south Cyprus. So i advise you have full finance for your studies and family during your stay.

9. I hope this helps!!!!
Re: North Cyprus by chemashie(m): 3:37pm On Apr 20, 2013
@wip7, which schools will you recommend for PhD in chemistry in the north cyprus with funding or nun-funded programme? I need your sincere response to this.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
chemashie: @wip7, which schools will you recommend for PhD in chemistry in the north cyprus with funding or nun-funded programme? I need your sincere response to this.

Depends on area of chemistry you wish to specialize on. EMU is good, state sponsored university, good reputation and have substantial students grouped into polymer, analytical and organic sections and have UV/VIS spec, FTIR, THIN FILM machineries, SOLAR CELL equipments and planing on acquiring TGA and SEM machines but most of these other analysis for SEM, XRD and TGA are sent to Turkey and paid by the university.

CIU is private, do not really offer PhD in chemistry but have related program in environmental chem and they do posses vital equipments like AAS, SEM, TGA, XRD machineries. I will advise you search the university website and check what you want. You have to ensure your area of specialization are offered by any uni you will like to go. All PhD, you have to fund it yourself and will cost you almost 10,000USD at EMU excluding accommodation and no scholarship.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2013
Dear Wip:

This is a sound response from a clean mind.I am going back to my drawing board to prepare and take next line of action with my postgraduate studies overseas. Can you suggest any other institute? Thanks!
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 8:36pm On Apr 20, 2013
Good mr wip7,i want to thank you very much for the assistance rendered to me towards my admission to metu,,my dad turned it down and said it is too high for him to handle now cuz i have my sibling in private school too,,i was so sad today but he is my dad and i won,t want him to bear much load cuz he is the only one we have now,,so i want to thank you for all your assistance and may God reward you,,god knows,we might meet one day,,thanks and God bless
Re: North Cyprus by chemashie(m): 8:28am On Apr 21, 2013
chemashie: @wip7, which schools will you recommend for PhD in chemistry in the north cyprus with funding or nun-funded programme? I need your sincere response to this.
Can u plx answer the above question? You can suggest any school in both south and north, preferably PhD in Electrochemistry and Nanotech.
Re: North Cyprus by wip: 9:05am On Apr 21, 2013
chemashie:
Can u plx answer the above question? You can suggest any school in both south and north, preferably PhD in Electrochemistry and Nanotech.

I replied your message with my ID: wip7 but the system has HIDDEN the reply. The university that offers PhD in chemistry in Cyprus do do not offer your area of specialization. ONLY METU, ITU, Sabanci in Turkey offers such area.

@justwise,
Boss, pls help me look at my ID wip 7, spambot hidden the message for the poster above. Thanks boss!
Re: North Cyprus by chemashie(m): 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2013
wip:

I replied your message with my ID: wip7 but the system has HIDDEN the reply. The university that offers PhD in chemistry in Cyprus do do not offer your area of specialization. ONLY METU, ITU, Sabanci in Turkey offers such area.

@justwise,
Boss, pls help me look at my ID wip 7, spambot hidden the message for the poster above. Thanks boss!
Can you suggest their admission requirement to the above schools including helping with the admission processes. Pls drop ur mail.
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
wip:

@justwise,

Done.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2013
justwise:
[/b]

Done.

Thanks BOSS.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:45pm On Apr 21, 2013
chemashie:
Can you suggest their admission requirement to the above schools including helping with the admission processes. Pls drop ur mail.

Kindly Google the names of the university and find the requirements and admission processing procedure on the respective university website.
Re: North Cyprus by say9ng(m): 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2013
Pls I need advice on accomodation in north Cyprus ,I want to study in gau .
Like how much should I budget for accomodation and can I Scott with som1 because I already av a friend from nigeria that we want to study dre 2geda .
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
say9ng :
Pls I need advice on accomodation in north Cyprus ,I want to study in gau .
Like how much should I budget for accomodation and can I Scott with som1 because I already av a friend from nigeria that we want to study dre 2geda .
Check it here: http://www.frasermeridies.com/properties/
Re: North Cyprus by say9ng(m): 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
@Fados thanks .
Pls can any1 tell me how many hours is lagos to Cyprus on air .
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
say9ng :
@Fados thanks .
Pls can any1 tell me how many hours is lagos to Cyprus on air .
Lagos to Istanbul 8hrs 5minutes
Istanbul to Ercan 1hr 35minutes
Re: North Cyprus by say9ng(m): 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
@fados u get mouth ,thanks boss .
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 23, 2013
say9ng :
@fados u get mouth ,thanks boss .
hahahahahahah
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:07am On Apr 25, 2013
North Cyprus and EMU on the beat now!! Ofhand Magazine has been on the cradle of entertainment in TRNC.Two artists signed, coverage and backbone of MAY D, DAVIDO, Burna Boy tour and getting ready for 2face splash MAY 11...so we dont just read and read books but we also socialize (ofhand MAG TV, Ofhand Radio, Ofhand Mag, Ofhand Entr officially own by WIP-WIP7)

Re: North Cyprus by tdade(m): 3:46pm On Apr 25, 2013
Mr Wip, you haven't answered my question. Asked a few days ago.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.