Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,472 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (771354 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by tdade(m): 11:15am On May 27, 2013
Mr wip, you still haven't replied my question about SAT II for METU Turkey. They only listed SAT I entry requirements.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:37am On May 28, 2013
tdade: Mr wip, you still haven't replied my question about SAT II for METU Turkey. They only listed SAT I entry requirements.

METU only accept SAT 1 and other recognized exams like WAEC, NECO, IB and Cambridge.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 5:57pm On May 30, 2013
[size=14pt]Too many agents coming out of the woodwork[/size]

HI RISE CONTRACT SYNERGY LTD
4, A***** O**** Street, Pako, Akoka, Lagos.
hirisecontract@yahoo.com
NEVER trust agent company with yahoo address, SCAMMER!

malaysiaadm@gmail.com
NEVER trust agent company with gmail address, SCAMMER!

Yahoo & gmail are best clue to scammers, real buisness will have proper address
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 8:36pm On May 30, 2013
worry 359: [size=14pt]Too many agents coming out of the woodwork[/size]

HI RISE CONTRACT SYNERGY LTD
4, A***** O**** Street, Pako, Akoka, Lagos.
hirisecontract@yahoo.com
NEVER trust agent company with yahoo address, SCAMMER!

malaysiaadm@gmail.com
NEVER trust agent company with gmail address, SCAMMER!

Yahoo & gmail are best clue to scammers, real buisness will have proper address

proper address like what anti scammer man
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 10:36am On May 31, 2013
@hirise

Any more of such post will attract a lengthy ban
Re: North Cyprus by hirise: 10:42am On May 31, 2013
@justwise
You have bn helpful for long but pls things have to be corrected about using yahoo ID bn scam. Just needed worry 356 to do his/her research and confirm the truth.
Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 3:34pm On May 31, 2013
What I am saying is that a reputable firm or buisness will have a paid internet connection which will give them an E-mail address.
When we see a Yahoo or Gmail address to reply to it immediatly looks like cafe boy address.

With so many scammers out there and especially travel agents then the slightest warning should be a red flag to people.

However if you want to give money to these people so be it, but, do not come back pleading "someone should help a brother"

People should shine their eyes and not get drawn into agents when they can do things for themself.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:02pm On May 31, 2013
worry 359: What I am saying is that a reputable firm or buisness will have a paid internet connection which will give them an E-mail address.
When we see a Yahoo or Gmail address to reply to it immediatly looks like cafe boy address.

With so many scammers out there and especially travel agents then the slightest warning should be a red flag to people.

However if you want to give money to these people so be it, but, do not come back pleading "someone should help a brother"

People should shine their eyes and not get drawn into agents when they can do things for themself.
To have a customize Email address as u meant, that means you have to have your website and if i may ask how many private business in Nigeria have a website and to extend it,how many small scale businesses abroad have a website as well....So that your Email stuff does not hold or show who is a scammer or not and for your info most scamers now even create their own website cus its more cheaper to host a site now than before,so dont judge with that else u will be surprise u might even be a victim of what u think is the real one.
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 9:56am On Jun 03, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:43am On Jun 03, 2013
benson3788: I got an admission to study Psychology at EMU last year November, but due to some demanding task here, I didn't make it. Although I was given 50% scholarship, but I didn't pay my school fees then.
I wish to know if I can still take up the admission now, or will I have to re-apply?
Thanks.

You have to renew your old admisssion or re-apply for new admission.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
benson3788:

How do I renew my old admission? Is there an option to pay for a full year tuition, instead of the semester tuition? Thank you

how do you get the admission before? is it directly from the university? renew same way you applied before but if not, talk to your agent. if you have difficulties in doing this, send me your olevel result, intl passport and photograph passport. Yes you can pay full year or full study duration.
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 3:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by Fidelxx: 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
Hello Wip7. Please I need to know approximately when NEU would be sending their first list to embassy for September 2013 students.
Re: North Cyprus by samee72(f): 11:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
[/quote][quote author=wip7]

Yea i can process the admission for you, normally METU charges application fees as written on their website but i will get it done for you free tru the university registrar. So getting the admission will be FREE for you. Yes possibly you waiver can increase based on your result. After admission you will need to be ready to pay 4133USD as your tuition and others to METU bank account.

@wip7 good day pls sir i'm also thinking of furthering my education and i'm thinking of going to turkey for my masters programe thinking of the university of Istanbul against the 2014 academic year pls can you give me info on the fees and also would you be able to help me process the admission? How soon can i start the application? thanks

If you wish to obtain quality education in TRNC then you are welcome. TRNC is affordable,cool, low crime and secure region to study and thats what makes real students with education at hearts to come down to TRNC while others have hidden agenda....Pls follow your hearts!!!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:35am On Jun 04, 2013
Fidelxx: Hello Wip7. Please I need to know approximately when NEU would be sending their first list to embassy for September 2013 students.

I will advise you contact the registrar of NEU about the time they will send their own list to the embassy. Generally, the embassy schedule time to receive names each semester but when each school sends to embassy has to do with the particular school in question. Example EMU will not be sending any list now unless for parents or friends coming for graduation and the first batch of names will go and i will inform here. METU dont send names to embassy, they use another format.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
Financial crisis and unemployment in Greek Cyprus led migration to North Cyprus

The economic crisis and unemployment in South Cyprus has led to a new problem, migration to North Cyprus. Not only British and other foreigners but refugees are moving illegally towards North Cyprus.Recently, an Iranian family was arrested while crossing over at a prohibited military zone. The head of the family said that he had paid 6,000 euros for help to cross the border. Police are now investigating this new development in criminal activity.
[url]northcyprusdaily[/url]
Re: North Cyprus by samee72(f): 9:42pm On Jun 04, 2013
[/quote]
wip7: Financial crisis and unemployment in Greek Cyprus led migration to North Cyprus

The economic crisis and unemployment in South Cyprus has led to a new problem, migration to North Cyprus. Not only British and other foreigners but refugees are moving illegally towards North Cyprus.Recently, an Iranian family was arrested while crossing over at a prohibited military zone. The head of the family said that he had paid 6,000 euros for help to cross the border. Police are now investigating this new development in criminal activity.
[quote]

@wip7 pls sir can you give me information on admission process and requirements for masters in Turkey especially Istanbul university, their fees and life in Turkey generally i've checked their website but can't find anything, thanks in advance
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:08am On Jun 05, 2013
samee72:

@wip7 pls sir can you give me information on admission process and requirements for masters in Turkey especially Istanbul university, their fees and life in Turkey generally i've checked their website but can't find anything, thanks in advance

Hey,

Admission process for foreign student in Turkish public university requires the applicant to write Turkish national examination (ALES, YOK or IUYOS) and scores acceptable mark like JAMB etc. If a foreign student do not possess such examination result, most public university accept GRE/GMAT with stipulated acceptable scores as well. So you need to provide any of these exam result before you can be admitted into Turkish Public Universities. Most university will admit student with CGPA= 2.5/4.0. Fees are generally low in the public university ranging 500-1500USD per year. Most offer programs in Turkish Language while many others also have or offer English medium program. Living expenses generally low compared to European countries and Americas. Life can be tough or stressful, if one cant speak Turkish atleast basic level will be good. Universities are ranked great in the world and Full Government sponsorship on research. Turkey is industrialized nation so may be good for business minded person as well.
Re: North Cyprus by princetoochi: 7:12am On Jun 05, 2013
wip7: Financial crisis and unemployment in Greek Cyprus led migration to North Cyprus

@ Mr wip7,please, attend to this my enquiry for i need an anwser to it so urgently,i have written several times but it seems you are not comfortable with my enquiries,i got admission to study msc economics with 50% scholarchip against sept 2013,i have only 800k for this purpose,how far will it take me into completing my programm,again,can you assist me and hook me up with an old student who is staying off campus who can share accommodation with me just to reduce the expenses there.i need a student who is close to EMU because that is my school.Also,a student who has vision and knows why he is there,even if it is a new student like me or better still can assist someone to secure accommodation outside the school hostel or give me a link to do that i mean a cheap and affordable house .if there is anyway you can assist me with a breakdown of the expected expenses one is expected to inure in Northern cyprus i will appreciate it,thanks Dear.for my contact please here is my email---eddy.ntom@gmail.com and my phone number is 08088993806.NB:can i have ur email.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:08am On Jun 05, 2013
princetoochi:
@ Mr wip7,please, attend to this my enquiry for i need an anwser to it so urgently,i have written several times but it seems you are not comfortable with my enquiries,i got admission to study msc economics with 50% scholarchip against sept 2013,i have only 800k for this purpose,how far will it take me into completing my programm,again,can you assist me and hook me up with an old student who is staying off campus who can share accommodation with me just to reduce the expenses there.i need a student who is close to EMU because that is my school.Also,a student who has vision and knows why he is there,even if it is a new student like me or better still can assist someone to secure accommodation outside the school hostel or give me a link to do that i mean a cheap and affordable house .if there is anyway you can assist me with a breakdown of the expected expenses one is expected to inure in Northern cyprus i will appreciate it,thanks Dear.for my contact please here is my email---eddy.ntom@gmail.com and my phone number is 08088993806.NB:can i have ur email.

Hey,

If you do not have any foundation courses to be completed before your master program then 4600USD (Eq= 800K) will be the total fees to complete your Msc program. The least you can have for accomodation even with sharing is 2000USD/yr. Your program can last 1.5-2yrs. You can manage 100USD/month for living expenses (without smoking, drinking, partying or dating). When you arrive you will find students in similar situation and you can peer up with them for sharing. Wish you luck in the Island!!!
Re: North Cyprus by samee72(f): 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
@wip 7 pls I sent u a pm pls check it and reply thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
samee72: @wip 7 pls I sent u a pm pls check it and reply thanks

Good day, pls what is PM? i am a scientist, i dont really know what PM means and where do you send the PM to? how can i see the PM? (PhD holder in science field- PM means alot in my field but dont know what it means on Nairaland).. pls tell me more!!
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 2:12pm On Jun 05, 2013
wip7:

Good day, pls what is PM? i am a scientist, i dont really know what PM means and where do you send the PM to? how can i see the PM? (PhD holder in science field- PM means alot in my field but dont know what it means on Nairaland).. pls tell me more!!
lolz....mr wip did u understand lolz? grin
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:29pm On Jun 05, 2013
penroll55:
lolz....mr wip did u understand lolz? grin

dont laugh at me pls...when it comes to drugs name, chemicals, biochemical and scientific modeling i know alot but this PM really what does it mean ? do you know? was just thinking based on my field PM= PARACETA-MOL, POLYMERIC-METAL, PARA-METHYLENE etc i think i am a learner on this though
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
wip7:

grin grin lol, she meant Private Message- PM
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
PM
In this case means "Personal message"
This is sent and read with the board software.
Where the green title at the top of the page appears you should see link to message.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
worry 359: PM
In this case means "Personal message"
This is sent and read with the board software.
Where the green title at the top of the page appears you should see link to message.

Ohh sometimes i see a wine color message when i login but when i decided to read it it gives error message. So i clicked dismiss. Thanks i know now.

Demaejy:
grin grin lol, she meant Private Message- PM

Thanks, i will look for it again..

samee72: @wip 7 pls I sent u a pm pls check it and reply thanks

Pls kindly resend the PM, cos i have clicked dismiss as i cant read them. or you can email me skull4una@gmail.com. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.