Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) (4691 Views)

Top Nigerian Pastors And Church Founders That Died A Mysterious Death / Boniface Mwangi: "I Had Sex Once And Church Kicked Me Out" / Man Set To Marry Two Ladies At The Same Day,time And Church In Delta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by Jewelofgold(f): 11:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
I'm an Anambra bride-to-be. I suggested to my fiance that we hold all events (traditional and church wedding receptions) in one day. 
My line of thought was: 
♥On the previous day, the bride price will be paid as the church holds it as a prerequisite, while the following day, all receptions hold together after the church wedding. 

As much as I'm trying to save cost, I still want a memorable event. 
I'm confused as to how to merge the 2 events in one.
☆Do I wear traditional attire for the reception and have a traditional wedding cake?
☆How will the programme of event look like?
☆Will the decorations be traditionally oriented? 

Trying to ease the burden off my fiance.
Please kindly assist with ideas. Thank you muchos!
Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by yetseyi(f): 11:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
Since the bride price/trad is the previous day let it end there, take your pictures and all.
Next day after church do your normal reception , non trad decor, non-trad cake, non-trad attire.shikena

5 Likes

Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by amerimex(m): 11:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
Good initiative, as in good thinking in d right direction. A major factor will be your church, good understanding and agreement should be made with ur chch. They will give you the modality
A frd case:
Denomination: catholic
Venue:somewhere in benue
Resident: lagos
Event day: friday
D gist; bride n friends left lag for benue on d previous Thursday. Groom, parents and friends left lagos and Akure on friday (d day), arrived benue around 6:30pm and event started to 8pm as all arrangements had previously been made. It continues into a mummy's call time. As DJ blasted til dawn. Early saturday morning we are in d church as d priest bless d union in holy matrimony after which we went home, pack baggages and took off back to lag.

2 Likes

Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by Jewelofgold(f): 1:00am On Dec 13, 2016
yetseyi:
Since the bride price/trad is the previous day let it end there, take your pictures and all.
Next day after church do your normal reception , non trad decor, non-trad cake, non-trad attire.shikena

Thought of this too. Thanks a lot
Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by Jewelofgold(f): 1:01am On Dec 13, 2016
amerimex:
Good initiative, as in good thinking in d right direction. A major factor will be your church, good understanding and agreement should be made with ur chch. They will give you the modality
A frd case:
Denomination: catholic
Venue:somewhere in benue
Resident: lagos
Event day: friday
D gist; bride n friends left lag for benue on d previous Thursday. Groom, parents and friends left lagos and Akure on friday (d day), arrived benue around 6:30pm and event started to 8pm as all arrangements had previously been made. It continues into a mummy's call time. As DJ blasted til dawn. Early saturday morning we are in d church as d priest bless d union in holy matrimony after which we went home, pack baggages and took off back to lag.
Wow!
Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by rvpbae: 10:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
Jewelofgold:

I'm an Anambra bride-to-be. I suggested to my fiance that we hold all events (traditional and church wedding receptions) in one day. 
My line of thought was: 
♥On the previous day, the bride price will be paid as the church holds it as a prerequisite, while the following day, all receptions hold together after the church wedding. 

As much as I'm trying to save cost, I still want a memorable event. 
I'm confused as to how to merge the 2 events in one.
☆Do I wear traditional attire for the reception and have a traditional wedding cake?
☆How will the programme of event look like?
☆Will the decorations be traditionally oriented? 

Trying to ease the burden off my fiance.
Please kindly assist with ideas. Thank you muchos!

I'm in your exact shoes.

This is how I planned mine. Bride price the day before with max of 10 people in attendance. This will happen around 5pm or so.

Following day. White wedding first. Then we do a little dance dance. (PS: I'm cutting my cake here).

After which, I change for trad, do igba-nkwu and dance again. End of story. ( you can decide to cut cake here). I decided to cut mine earlier cos makeup would still be fresh and people would be attendance.

Trad would begin from 3pm, by then people would be more interested in food and other stuff is secondary.

As per deco, mine is trad oriented. Cos I don't intend to stay in my dress for long at all.

All the best.

4 Likes

Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by sisisioge: 2:08am On Dec 14, 2016
Good one girls. I attended a wedding recently , babe is Igbo. She already did the court and traditional weddings in the past but needed all her docks aligned in a photoshoot. So she eventually did white, trad, and reception in a day last Saturday. Yeah...she broke the bank cos her bobo is a money bag grin

You could plan yours too with strict time adherence with all done in a day. Just beg you people to conform...in fact keep the timer with an highly revered uncle grin

As for me, I'm no gonna bother with white, trad, this that...I would just go to court and have the rest in a garden with not more than 100people in attendance. The yams and go will be delivered by courier grin

2 Likes

Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by Jewelofgold(f): 3:06am On Dec 14, 2016
sisisioge:
Good one girls. I attended a wedding recently , babe is Igbo. She already did the court and traditional weddings in the past but needed all her docks aligned in a photoshoot. So she eventually did white, trad, and reception in a day last Saturday. Yeah...she broke the bank cos her bobo is a money bag grin

You could plan yours too with strict time adherence with all done in a day. Just beg you people to conform...in fact keep the timer with an highly revered uncle grin

As for me, I'm no gonna bother with white, trad, this that...I would just go to court and have the rest in a garden with not more than 100people in attendance. The yams and go will be delivered by courier grin
Lol... Way to go. You wed for yourself and not for others
Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by Jewelofgold(f): 3:10am On Dec 14, 2016
rvpbae:

I'm in your exact shoes.

This is how I planned mine. Bride price the day before with max of 10 people in attendance. This will happen around 5pm or so.

Following day. White wedding first. Then we do a little dance dance. (PS: I'm cutting my cake here).

After which, I change for trad, do igba-nkwu and dance again. End of story. ( you can decide to cut cake here). I decided to cut mine earlier cos makeup would still be fresh and people would be attendance.

Trad would begin from 3pm, by then people would be more interested in food and other stuff is secondary.

As per deco, mine is trad oriented. Cos I don't intend to stay in my dress for long at all.

All the best.
Does that mean your cake will not be traditionally oriented?
Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by Debbiemma(f): 1:22pm On Dec 14, 2016
See how it's done, do pride price on Friday with only your family and groom's family in attendance. Then on Saturday morning, go to church for white wedding, after church, you will still be in your wedding gown, cut your wedding cake, do toast and dance a little. Then go in and change to your trad clothes both you and your husband, you can also cut your trad wedding cake. But the idea is to reduce cost of food and drink.

2 Likes

Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by Debbiemma(f): 1:25pm On Dec 14, 2016
The decorations will comprise both traditional and white wedding touchups. They know how to do it

1 Like

Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by rvpbae: 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
Jewelofgold:
Does that mean your cake will not be traditionally oriented?

No, it won't.

If you decide to cut your cake during your trad, then the cake should be trad oriented.
Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by Ishilove: 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2016
It is only in Africa that a man marries a woman three times. Goodluck op
Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by naptu2: 5:34pm On Dec 14, 2016

2 Likes

Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by Acidosis(m): 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2016
I don't get this. Is it not crazy to put on 3 to 4 clothes in a day, cut 2 to 3 cakes for the SAME event?

What exactly is the traditional wedding meant to do after the Church joining? Appease the gods of our forefathers?

Sometimes I feel like beating up whoever invented these craz.y ideas that obviously drain, not only the blood, but resources.

2 Likes

Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by eyinjuege: 1:39pm On Dec 15, 2016
naptu2:

shocked New York is in Africa??

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2013/07/i-do-again-more-couples-opting-for-multiple-ceremonies/

http://www.refinery29.com/multiple-wedding-receptions-idea

Asians and Africans have a lot of things in common than they care to admit
Your story was that of an Asian who took their culture to the states.
Nigerians in the states too do multiple weddings. Court, traditional and church.

1 Like

Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by naptu2: 1:51pm On Dec 15, 2016
eyinjuege:

Asians and Africans have a lot of things in common than they care to admit
Your story was that of an Asian who took their culture to the states.
Nigerians in the states too do multiple weddings. Court, traditional and church.

Hahahahahahahahaaahaahaahhhhaha

Clearly you didn't go through the articles that I provided links to, otherwise you would have read about the British couple that had a wedding ceremony in London and had another one in Los Angeles, because they also wanted a holiday themed wedding.

Anyway, note the word in bold type in the quote below.

Ishilove:
It is only in Africa that a man marries a woman three times. Goodluck op
Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by Jewelofgold(f): 12:45pm On Dec 26, 2016
I don't get this. Is it not crazy to put on 3 to 4 clothes in a day, cut 2 to 3 cakes for the SAME event?

What exactly is the traditional wedding meant to do after the Church joining? Appease the gods of our forefathers?

Sometimes I feel like beating up whoever invented these craz.y ideas that obviously drain, not only the blood, but resources.
Actually...its cumbersome
Re: One Time Wedding Reception (trad And Church Receptions Combined) by nnamdibig(m): 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2016
Since you said the aim is to save cost, first the bride price should be paid on Friday with few family members from both sides. Then the next day, you have the church wedding after the church wedding, you have a brief reception(probably at the brides home), cut your wedding cake then a little dance, then both of you will go & change up for traditional wedding. While changing the decoration people will give there decoration some facelift to make it look like........ They know how to do it. Then instead of making one big cake, it's better to have two small one for both white wedding & trad.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prince William Divorces Kate Middleton After 5 Weeks / Please Help Me,am Confused, Depressed.i Dnt Have Anyone To Talk To / How Do I Handle A Cheating Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.