Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

"MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph (64328 Views)

MMM Participant Breaks Silence After Loosing N3million To Scheme / MMM Participant Accused Of Duping Fellow Member He Was Matched With (Photo) / Shock As MMM Participant Commits Suicide In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by kuruf: 10:37am On Dec 15, 2016
How ever wrote this rubbish is indeed a fool and know nothing about MMM. Does MMM money domicile with any bank?why then should anybody rush to the bank to collect his/her so called MMM money?
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by SweetJoystick(m): 10:38am On Dec 15, 2016
Vaxt:
Weda Nigeria media like. It or Not MMM is here to stay, If it will even crash is when buhari is out of aso rock
Lmao denial, your case is just like that of one who lost a loved one and can't come to reality that the love one is dead and gone. Move on guy, you have been duped if you recently provided help, but if you got help recently then count yourself lucky
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by oluwaahmed: 10:38am On Dec 15, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
I'm not a supporter of MMM and I don't do it but I feel the media and FG are trying their best to discredit this scheme. Don't believe any news you see or read henceforth such as people fainting or dying because of their money and MMM. Its all propaganda.

D worst part is dat nigerians are so dumb dat dey will bliv anytin even if na goat be d reporter. We Dnt use our brains 2 reason tins 4 ourselves. I mean na slumpin competitn? & y go 2 d bank, is der an MMM bank acct? Dese jst shws many pple castigatin d scheme Dnt even knw anytin abt it, yet dey rush 2 condem mmm. Anyway many educated nigerians are dull & wld bliv anytin dats y pastors R rich & educated ellite r poor!
Nairaland leave mmm alone, FG site
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Sotenna(m): 10:38am On Dec 15, 2016
abfalkolly:

Relax bro,despite ur access to Internet banking,pple still go to bank to confirm transactions expecially when u ar expecting payment from unreliable source like MMM....dnt come here n mislead pple.

Is this your alternate moniker, eh OP?
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by CharlieMaria(m): 10:38am On Dec 15, 2016
baby124:

It could be that he went to the bank to see if he can get money back from people he has given help to. Most people will run to their bank first in such crises if they did a bank transfer, they will try to request a reversal of the said transfer.
Are you that gullible?
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by truthspeaks: 10:39am On Dec 15, 2016
A thousand gbosas for u! . U too much. I'm ddnt do it but it's bad to see some Nigerians n even our govt not wishing their fellow citizens well simply because they r bn empowered
UrennaNkoli:
I'm not a supporter of MMM and I don't do it but I feel the media and FG are trying their best to discredit this scheme. Don't believe any news you see or read henceforth such as people fainting or dying because of their money and MMM. Its all propaganda.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Securedbet24: 10:39am On Dec 15, 2016
niceguy7:
Sogun dogoji...

Omo iya mi. Eni n wafa ma mu ofo.

The word sogun dogoji got me crazy.

Anyways, Moku Mogbe Modaron. Wetin Cosignnnnnnnn me
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by olalekan90(m): 10:40am On Dec 15, 2016
m not into mmm but op,mods,seun and all nairaland crew are all mad for misleading the public

1 Like

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by oruma19: 10:41am On Dec 15, 2016
dipoolowoo:
At least one person was feared dead while several others were wounded in a stampede at various banks in Warri, Delta State, after the promoters of the popular Mavrodi Mundial Moneybox (MMM) suspended the accounts of about 3.3 million Nigerian participants.

It was learnt that the participants in the Ponzi scheme, who heard about the announcement yesterday, rushed to their banks to verify. Investigation shows that in one of the busiest banks in Warri metropolis, an elderly man, who was expected to cash N1.5 million slumped and died when he could not cash the money.

Two other persons, who slumped in the same manner, were quickly revived by sympathisers. Scores of others sustained serious injuries as they rushed to get their hard earn money.

Bank officials refused to speak on the issue. Meanwhile, bandits were cashing in on the confusion and rowdy situation to extort money and rob customers who have continued to besiege banks.

http://www.businesspost.ng/2016/12/15/mmm-participant-slumps-dies-bank/
mother of all lies. We nor hear this news for warri and we dey on ground. Ironically, it is non participants that keep peddling rumors Upandan. Shame to enemies of MMM.

1 Like

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by truthspeaks: 10:41am On Dec 15, 2016
Keep ur pity, respect n opinion to urslf. All of una wey de spread propaganda. It's not ur money even if it crashes. Bad belle wey de look for i-told-u-so to do. Wen dd money start recognizing weda u r educated or not?
fratermathy:
It is well!

MMM has become a scourge in this nation. A plague that must be healed!

When you tell them the truth about this, they'll say "is it your money?" or "why take panadol for our headache?"

Now that this one has died, those advising him will be the ones to mourn and bury him.

MMM is evil! No educated person should partake.

I lost respect for all those I held in high esteem once I found out that they participated in MMM.

I dont feel pity for this one at all.

By January, more will go...

1 Like

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by wakes: 10:41am On Dec 15, 2016
This sounds so FAKE! SMH
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by fratermathy(m): 10:42am On Dec 15, 2016
truthspeaks:
Keep ur pity, respect n opinion to urslf. All of una wey de spread propaganda. It's not ur money even if it crashes. Bad belle wey de look for i-told-u-so to do. Wen dd money start recognizing weda u r educated or not?

2 Likes

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by berrystunn(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2016
Justnora:

Read more on Ponzi Schemes MMM is not 100% safe even banks if it was rejected in USA then you should know why MMM is bad. they might come back again go big and disappear

All the banks that have collapsed are they not real ventures.? Yes, I do have a degree in Global Finance with knowledge on how the global financial system works which indeed is a pyramid scheme with the Federal Reserve Bank being at the top of that pyramid.

Did the Russian receive anybody’s money? can’t you understand that the system is a revolving system, like (banks)so long as every member will not withdraw their money the same day and new members keep joining, the system will not collapse. Which bank or insurance company can survive if all depositors want their money on the same day and no new funds deposited?

Name one big organization with scam free..

They all stylishly run Ponzi Schemes, pyramid scheme

World pyramid scheme.

1-Country deposit with Foreign Reserve Bank.
2-Currency pyramid, naira will never come on top of the dollar, do you know what that means..?

This is a big scam American have drag Nigeria and other countries into...
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Girlbestfriend(f): 10:45am On Dec 15, 2016
sirOrubebe:
This is from a newsletter:

Around September last year, I was introduced into MMM Global (Note, Not MMM Nigeria).

It promised 100% returns after 30 days. I spent some time researchign about this money-doubling scheme and i found out it was a clasic ponzi scheme.

Well, I saw people earning cash and i knew it would crash sometime. But i decided to join anyway.

Why?

I knew the 100% was worth the risk.

I finally provided help of around N200k in October.

After 30 days, i withdrew everything because i felt it was too good to be true.

We used bitcoins then in MMM Global.

After about a day, i had successfully converted the bitcoins to cash and found i had 442,000. I was amazed!

I did what any smart person would do.

I made a rough calculation on when this system will eventually come crashing down. By my calculations, it was by January 2016.

So i reinvested the N300k into the system, after 30 days i got N600k.

Man i was on a roll!

I was tempted to invest the whole 600k the following month but i was too smart to make a rookie mistake. I fought off the temptations and kept 500k to myself and invested back just N100k.

That month MMM Global crashed.

Not like they crashed immediately but it all started in December when we saw a message on the website after you login that they had to do some system upgrade and clear out fake accounts.

I knew that spelt nothing but doom but i was glad i was smart enough to not have invested all i had earned.

MMM global finally crashed by February this year after we kept hoping for two months that they would come back.

I remember telling my friend who was on MMM South Africa then that if this were to come into Nigeria, it will pick up like wild fire.

I commended my friend for sticking to MMM South africa, but for me i knew that just a 30% return was not worth the risks of a classic ponzi scheme.

The craze started in Nigeria soon enough and like i predicted. It spread like wild fire.

I had friends calling me if i knew about MMM and all i could give them was advice.

I warned them that they could partake but they should be smart about it and not fall for the greed.

Invest, take your capital back with some profits as soon as you can.

Again, I predicted to them that the system will not last December.

Those who listened. Listened.

Those who didn't are in panic right now.

I heard MMM brought out a message that accounts are being frozen for 30 days.

Classic December move. When i heard it i remembered MMM Global last year. I also remembered how MMM South africa crashed too.

Same method, Different excuses.

The truth about MMM Nigeria is that i am sure about 95% that it has already crashed.

Why?

MMM made a mistake by announcing the freezing of accounts at a critical time like this.

Did they not know it will cause panic?

So even if they plan on actually returning back in January, With all these panic caused do you think anyone will want to invest? All anyone would be concerned about is withdrawing their cash out.

MMM is such a ponzi scheme that "Robs peter to pay paul". There are people that sure benefitted. (heck, i did benefit from the global last year) But the truth is when it comes crashing down. More people lose than benefit.

One of the reasons MMM spread like wild fire was accentuated by the fact that the country is riddled with this recession.

People ran to MMM to seek solace and quick cash.

People were desperate.

what's the difference BTW MMM global and MMM united??

1 Like

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by luv2luvu: 10:48am On Dec 15, 2016
dipoolowoo:
At least one person was feared dead while several others were wounded in a stampede at various banks in Warri, Delta State, after the promoters of the popular Mavrodi Mundial Moneybox (MMM) suspended the accounts of about 3.3 million Nigerian participants.

It was learnt that the participants in the Ponzi scheme, who heard
As about the announcement yesterday, rushed to their banks to verify. Investigation shows that in one of the busiest banks in Warri metropolis, an elderly man, who was expected to cash N1.5 million slumped and died when he could not cash the money.

Two other persons, who slumped in the same manner, were quickly revived by sympathisers. Scores of others sustained serious injuries as they rushed to get their hard earn money.

Bank officials refused to speak on the issue. Meanwhile, bandits were cashing in on the confusion and rowdy situation to extort money and rob customers who have continued to besiege banks.

Why are Nigerian bloggers like this What will fake news benefit you?

1 Like

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Girlbestfriend(f): 10:48am On Dec 15, 2016
[quote author=fratermathy post=51947495][/quote]

what's your gain if MMM eventually crashes?
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by codeIX(m): 10:52am On Dec 15, 2016
Rubbish reporting filled with lies...name of so called person/and two others withheld....what of the name of the Bank?

Lazy and lily hearted poke nose(rs) who will never take any risks but would rather sit back and jeer those who dared to take the risk. Most of the participants I know are very calm and fully understand the measures taken by the administrators of the Scheme. It is only those who do not understand the scheme and how it operates (that it is not a business venture) that are quick to report negative news about MMM. What about the other platforms that are caricature or prototype of MMM?
Don't not see why people will be crying more than the bereaved. Na Ya Money?

1 Like

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Sotenna(m): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2016
fratermathy:
It is well!

MMM has become a scourge in this nation. A plague that must be healed!

When you tell them the truth about this, they'll say "is it your money?" or "why take panadol for our headache?"

Now that this one has died, those advising him will be the ones to mourn and bury him.

MMM is evil! No educated person should partake.

I lost respect for all those I held in high esteem once I found out that they participated in MMM.

I dont feel pity for this one at all.

By January, more will go...

Oga, go and look at a mirror, anyone you see staring back at you from the mirror is a loss to humanity. You couldn't have made a greater fool out of yourself even if you tried. Ndo!
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by JimiOgunlola: 10:56am On Dec 15, 2016
I don't like MMM but this news na HEAVY LIE. BIG LAMBA.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by bbjummy: 10:59am On Dec 15, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Chop knuckles abeg.....
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by dinggle: 11:02am On Dec 15, 2016
While MMM is still and will always be a scam.
This post stinks! who goes to the bank to cash out without alert or access to their MMM?

Nigerians should not seek to double their money but hard work! that is the lesson from MMM, hopefully you can teach your kids and unborn kids because even if you were not affected today, 20 years from now VVV or KKK will come and your kids might be vulnerable then, no substitute to hard work. Trusting another man to double paper money you could not double is fraud and oppression on your part!
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by goddysweb: 11:02am On Dec 15, 2016
If you don't read the news on the newspaper/media, you're uninformed. If you read the news on the newspaper/media, you're misinformed. SMH
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by chimzyblack(m): 11:03am On Dec 15, 2016
SERIOUSLY I HAVE LOST RESPECT FOR SEUN AND HIS MODS, EVER SINCE THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF FREEZING OF MAVROS EVERY ANTI MMM NEWS GRACES THE FRONT PAGE.

NO INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM, NAIRALAND HAS LOST ITS CREDIBILITY.

NEVER YOU BELIEVE ALL NEWS THAT IS POSTED ON NAIRALAND!!!!
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by JimiOgunlola: 11:04am On Dec 15, 2016
I have now come to understand that rich politicians and Banks hate it when poor people become rich in Nigeria.

It seems they enjoy seeing poor people around just to validate their status as rich men. The country is cursed. Poverty will never depart from nigeria.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by adeoba2008(m): 11:05am On Dec 15, 2016
Whats Seun's headache in this whole matter ?
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by adsenselord(m): 11:06am On Dec 15, 2016
Chai,op can lie for africa,believe that at your own peril.
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 15, 2016
If you have a wife, a husband, a boyfriend or a girlfriend that actually participated in MMM, then you are with an ignorant person and if you want to live quality life, you shouldnt be dinning with idiots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by ExInferis(m): 11:12am On Dec 15, 2016
yinkslinks:
Paid media. come january or before then, you all will be put to shame. What is the government business with what people do with their money? People die daily from accident from bad roads, medical care, security etc and government has done nothing to fix it. Shameless leaders

Classic duped MMM investor trying to console no one but himself....

1 Like

Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Vaxt(m): 11:13am On Dec 15, 2016
SweetJoystick:

Lmao denial, your case is just like that of one who lost a loved one and can't come to reality that the love one is dead and gone. Move on guy, you have been duped if you recently provided help, but if you got help recently then count yourself lucky
hehehehe u must be a poor comedian
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 15, 2016
danowena:

Whoever wrote this trash does not even know what MMM is about. Who told the writer that participants cash out at banks? Just trying to make sensation with meaningless news. Please try to do a bit of research before writing. Rubbish. angry
hahhaahahhahhaha..
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Sweetrolly(m): 11:14am On Dec 15, 2016
dipoolowoo:

It was learnt that the participants in the Ponzi scheme, who heard about the announcement yesterday, rushed to their banks to verify. Investigation shows that in one of the busiest banks in Warri metropolis, an elderly man, who was expected to cash N1.5 million slumped and died when he could not cash the money.

you are as useless as what you wrote
Re: "MMM Participant Slumps, Dies In Bank" - New Telegraph by Akaewu: 11:14am On Dec 15, 2016
dipoolowoo:

And this shitty story made front page... The admin / moderator must be a slowpoke.. A BIG ONE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chuddy Ugorji Got New SUV From MMM Guiders As Wedding Gift / MMM Nigeria Freezes Out Mavrodians / CNN, BBC Predict The Future Of MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.