Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians (50939 Views)

MMM Posts Christmas Greeting. Angry Participants React (Photos) / MMM Nigeria This Is How MMM Zimbabwe Crashed. / CNN Makes Fun Of Nigerians For Still Believing In MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by akanbiaa(m): 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2016
McDoe:
One thing is clear about those who stupidly invested millions into MMM. They are greedy and very myopic in their thoughts. Although, I do not really understand the MMM business model, but I have been able to caution myself because the return on investment is suspicious and there is no way it could continue for a very long time. This is a situation of reaping more than you sow and it is bound to backfire as the case is now
It depend on media brainwashing also, no limit what a man can earn.
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2016
ALL OF YOU THAT ARE HAPPY THAT MMM FROOZE ALL PARTICIPANTS MAVRO, YOUR PROBLEM IS IGNORANCE AND JEALOUSY. NOT THAT YOU CARE FOR THOSE THAT ARE AFFECTED
1.YOU ARE JEALOUS BECAUSE, YOUR NEIGHBORS
WHO ARE MMM PARTICIPANTS ARE NOW BETTER
THAT YOU BECAUSE OF MMM.
1.YOU ARE IGNORANT BECAUSE, YOU KNOW NOTHING
ABOUT HOW MMM WORKS, AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT
THE WORD "CRASH" MEANS. YOU ARE HAPPY THAT MMM
HAVE "CRASHED" ACCORDING TO YOU GUYZ, AND YOU FORGOT
THAT NIGERIA STARTED CRASHING FROM 2013. ONE EGG TODAY, IS NOW
50 NAIRA I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU GUYZ BY 2017 YOU
GUYZ SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT HOW BUHARI IS GOING TO BRING
YOU GUYZ OUT OF POVERTY NEXT YEAR IF HE CAN, NOT WHAT HAPPENED TO OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY, NIGERIA IS THE FASTEST DYING COUNTRY IN AFRICA RIGHT NOW
IN FACT IT IS NIGERIA THAT HAVE CRASHED NOT MMM. I BELIEVE THE PEOPLE THAT INVESTED ON MMM WERE AWARE OF THE RISKS THAT WAS INVOLVED. IT IS THIER BUSINESS NOT OURS. WHAT IF MMM RETURN BY JAN 2017 AS THEY SAID, WON'T YOU BE
ASHAMED? PEOPLE STARTED JOINING MMM BECAUSE OF THE BAD ECONOMY WHICH THE
GOVERNMENT IS DOING NOTHING ABOUT. MAY GOD SAVE NIGERIA.

12 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Naughtytboy: 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2016
Girlbestfriend:
ON MMM

You got into many relationships that didn't work, and no one is mocking you. You got into a marriage that crashed, yet your friends are not on facebook mocking you, and you haven't killed yourself. Your many attempts at businesses have failed and you lost monies, yet you are still alive. You have taken many risks that never paid off, yet you are still moving on with hope.

Now you advised your friend not to do MMM, but he went for it anyways. MMM is frozen for 30days, atleast so we heard, and you find joy in taking to facebook to mock your friend JUST TO BE PROVED RIGHT. Same way you pray for the failure of the government you didn't vote for JUST TO BE PROVED RIGHT.

I have taken time to read the MMM freezing report, it is a shame that you have decided to take that report out of context, add salt and pepper to cause panic and unnecessary tension. Many people have fainted because they read your false version of MMM story.

Even if they were stupid, must you add to their sorrow?

Don't you have any shame sire? Are you not a hypocrite?

If that young man came to you for help, even to borrow money before MMM, would you have given him? How many of you have helped poor people the way MMM has in the last year(i speak based on the testimonies in the mouth of Nigerians). In October i met a young man in Port Harcourt who moved from someone's house as a squater to a one-bedroom apartment and i still remember the joy with which He glorified God for MMM. How many people have glorified God for your help and support, STINGY YOU!

There is a high level of moral bankruptcy in this nation. People are more willing to celebrate the pains of fellow Nigerians than anything else. It is the same reason they go to accident scenes, and their first impulse is not to help but snap and post gorry pictures on facebook to extract AMEN from people.

If you know you have never done things that failed in your life, then continue mocking your MMM friends.......
hey

1 Share

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Zedoo(m): 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
Dereformer:

Classical. Will the MMM participants understand this? A friend of mine is already boasting how he will be one million naira richer come January.

I look at him and shake my head at his folly.

Lol. Lmao

It COULD. Happen...afterall their chief guided made over 1billion...he can put money back in the system to bring people back...him and his allies... Else ..other than that you are fearfully right
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
I'm just tired of all these shits,, people who aren't even participants are the ones ranting about MMM

Seun , Lalasticlala , ishilove, mynd44

Please can you all just give us a break,, its our money and not yours

You're using this medium to create further panic which is very disheartening and wicked angry

ENOUGH OF THE MMM NEWS PLEASE!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by clems88(m): 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
Naughtytboy:
village witches at work
yes at work in your life. Gerarahea mehn before i call bature

1 Like

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
buchilino:

Y R U EVEN WASTING UR BREATH ON DAT CUCUMBER.
shocked
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Zelex9(m): 1:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
It is the desperation of Nigerians that led to the national popularity of this "MMM scheme". Anyone who is financially balanced and logical wouldn't even consider this scam.

5 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Yemi9699(m): 1:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
There's nothing like jealousy, anyone can easily go into mmm, the truth must be told people going into the scheme knew it's a Ponzi scheme but still decided to take the risk , so when your money gets stocked not not wail. Mmm is just a recycle of 2007 and 2008 penny wise scheme

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Youngetskilz23(m): 1:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun:

Making pledges and talking about providing help is nothing. Talk is cheap! When it's time to actually transfer the money, they won't be able to do it. Some people who made a profit because they joined early might risk a fraction of their profits, but it won't be enough to save MMM.
you sound like a pained fellow. All your plan is just for mmm to crash. Just look at how you sound. So much hatred for the scheme. A scheme which has saved a lot of Nigerians. I promise you mmm would be back January 2017 with full force.. And people would still pH and GH. Long live mmm. It's not your money. It is our money

7 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Naughtytboy: 1:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
clems88:
yes at work in your life. Gerarahea mehn before i call bature
u are lost for life
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by lekonso: 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hiploko:
keep quiet... You think you know something when you don't.. Minutes of the last guiders meeting stated they are fully aware and are creating a new GH system to handle that... Now vamoose!
January is just in the corner. We will know who is foolish and who is wise by then.

4 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
The biggest mistake MMM participants made about the scheme is that someone out there is trying to bring them down. When the scheme was bound to fail in the end, for God's sake you can't take money from A and give to B without creating value, and expect the system to run forever, whwt happens when it's saturated?. It was this very foundational problem that made people detest those who participated in the scheme, not jealousy or another person trying to change his financial status by taking money from someone else like you said.. the annoying thought that Nigerians were clouded by greed and couldn't think beyond the moment was what got me mad .

The MMM Ponzi schemers took advantage of the confusion to create an "us" versus "them" war between MMMites and the govt., Media etc and made them believe that it was the later that was the problem. Let me say it again , no reputable business operates in a country without registration, or paying tax, no business shuts down its operation abruptly and tell customer it would resume next year without atleast a months notice.

No apologies to those who lost their money, they deserved what they got, they refused to heed to warnings. They failed to learn from experience from neighborhing countries like SA and Zimbabwe. MMM is never coming back up, learn and move on. No guider got an atom of clue what's happening, don't be fooled they know nothing. They would only try to raise your hopes but they know it's gone....

9 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by soldierdollar(m): 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
Hiploko:
keep quiet... You think you know something when you don't.. Minutes of the last guiders meeting stated they are fully aware and are creating a new GH system to handle that... Now vamoose!

You just quoted seun , the owner of Nairaland and you have the guts to disrespect him. Learn from him. No matter how little you are , he doesn't use derogatory words on you smiley

11 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by LadyAimy: 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun:

Making pledges and talking about providing help is nothing. Talk is cheap! When it's time to actually transfer the money, they won't be able to do it. Some people who made a profit because they joined early might risk a fraction of their profits, but it won't be enough to save MMM.
You should be the last person to post in a thread like this. You know nothing about mmm.

4 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by StOla: 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
solasoulmusic:
I crack a few jokes but I am not mocking misfortune.

I pray everyone can recover their investment and profits I am just skeptical that the company converts the deposit into their own currency which will make it more difficult to get the money out without fees and coversion

a big red flag in investment

Your scepticism is based on ignorance of how the scheme works, going by your false assertion.

1 Like

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by clems88(m): 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
Naughtytboy:
u are lost for life
ofcos you are lost and stupi.d for life. Don't quote me again you buffon

1 Like

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by suremossty(m): 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
helinues:
na una no no no the real meaning of MMM

Moku Mogbe Modaran (MMM)

if you no understand any of the word, no bother to know cos na bad thing
Is it your money? Na those wey no even dey do MMM dey help us use Phensic for our headache. Sey we complain give una. 80% of those participating in MMM knows from the onset that it is a risk. Stop all this Alaroye news joor.

4 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Talk2Bella(f): 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun:

But their money is not in MMM. Their money has been given away to participants who joined MMM earlier than them, including the organizers of MMM and the top guiders who withdrew millions just before MMM crashed. The money you see when you log into the MMM website does not exist anywhere. It's not in any bank account. It's just numbers on a computer, which is no better than your likes on Nairaland. If MMM is reactivated in January, everyone will immediately try to get help and and it won't work because nobody would be stupid enough to provide help.

MMM didn't crash
My brother provided help as of yesterday
Come next year I'd still provide help grin

5 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Paschalp(m): 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2016
Haha

I don't know my category

But mmm has crashed

U better start wailing now else January you'd cry well

Period!! !
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 15, 2016
StOla:

Your scepticism is based on ignorance of how the scheme works, going by your false assertion.

Just did some light enquiry http://barenakedscam.com/mmm-global
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by casby: 1:35pm On Dec 15, 2016
shakaz:
a system to handle what? Human behaviour? Please mister, man's natural instinct would prompt everyone to want to GH our of fear of losing their money.
Come, why are u so bettered? Is it ur money? U did not decide for anyone to join and will not decide when they should pH, stop crying for people who are not even bothered, some people will back off no doubt, for me I will provide help once its up by January no matter what u or anybody say.its my hard earned money and I can spend it any how I choose to. U can go and preach or educate those in the government cos they are the real fraud.how much was a bad of rice last year? Today nko?
When you decide to analyze MMM scheme with what you have been taught in class.

CVE 401 ( Report writing) - MMM has no positive past references.

TPD 501(Engineering economy)- any system with cash outflows and minimal or no inflow is bound to collapse.

EEE 401(project design)- Construction and design of smart ponzi scheme detector. Using ultrasound brain sensor and 419 timer.

EEE 403(Power system)- A ~power~ money generating station with only transmission lines(HV) and no source is bound to collapse.

EEE 405(Analog circuit design)- clearly, if you compare the denominator of MMM with a second order Butterworth polynomial, it is maximally flat.

EEE 407(Introduction to Control)- upon finding the mathematical model and solving for the close loop transfer function of MMM you would notice it has 419 poles on the right half plane. Very unstable.

EEE 409(Communication principles)- When the message signal of a system is attenuated and without proper modulation. what do you expect at the output?

EEE 411(Quantum mechanics)- When light ray (physical investments) is incidented on a metal surface (Company), electrons( money) are emitted. Have you ever wondered what would happen when light rays is _not_ incidented and electrons is emitted( Ponzi)
Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 15, 2016
valdovas:
I hate the very fact that I have to wade into this MMM talk. For starters, I did NOT participate in the MMM scheme, even though I understood their business model.

My sole reason for commenting on this, is the annoying self-righteous, high-horse, whitewash talk coming from people. You hear people arrogantly declaring how the scheme was horrible and stupid, insulting those who participated, and aiming thinly veiled mockery at them.

My questions is this, to what end? I mean, for what purpose? Check well and you'll see all the warnings came from either of these 3 sets of people:

1. The angry: This set of people are actually comfortable in life, and somehow are bitter that some people of lower financial estates had the guts to want to change their financial fortune. Almost 40% fall in this category, and involves the banks who are angry that their fixed deposit customers are running away; the government people who actually would love to strike a deal with MMM for tax returns in exchange for legitimacy; and the plain wealthy people who just hate to see the poor feed himself.

2. The jealous: This set of people are usually not so comfortable financially, but are jealous that some of their peers and lower-downs had the balls to put their money in an unknown scheme in order to change their level financially. I don't know which percentage to quote, but considering the Nigerian factor, I'd say 50%. You know, from the jealous uncle, to the jealous landlord, to the jealous mates. The list is endless.

3. The sincere: This set of people actually care about the uncertainty of the MMM scheme, and their warnings are borne out of an honest desire not to see people lose their money. The banks, the government, and some religious people are sure not here. This is the 10% group. Bless them.

There's another group that I don't even know where to place them. The Religious Group. They say God told them that people who invested in MMM had their names struck out of the Book of Life. Liars they are. God told them nothing! And they would not go unpunished after using God's name in vain.

It is sinful to desire to see the downfall of others so you can say, "I told you". That's Satan's way of doing things, not God. Never God.

Furthermore, there are several reasons for feeling restrained from participating in anything. It could be God, your spirit, level of exposure, experience, etc. As a believer, please, if you aren't sure of which, do not pin an unrelated scripture to it and say "God said..." Rather, tell the truth and leave it at that.

Finally, I hope the scheme comes up in January -- it should actually -- so that people can pull their money.

Writer: Eke Diligence.
kudos to you bro..... Gives us Biafra, can't endure this nigeria tragedies anymore........

2 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by JaaizTech: 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
I don't know what category I fall according to the OP's classification. But I would tell anyone who cares to listen that MMM is a scam. In that Scam some people would benefit and some people would lose; those who would eventually benefit are those who would cause the loss of others. It is very simple to see that the whole scheme does not create wealth in whatsoever manner; it is simply a redistribution of wealth. MMM cannot continue forever it is bound to crash, because the extra money being made by people is not coming from anywhere other than from the people themselves; at some point in time, the whole scheme will crash and perhaps it has crashed. So if you are lucky that you have benefited good luck to you and if you have lost your money like most people in my office; sorry hard luck.

1 Like

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by AnodaIT(m): 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
Sexxkillz is in the second category

3 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Girlbestfriend(f): 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
rychard:
The biggest mistake MMM participants made about the scheme is that someone out there is trying to bring them down. When the scheme was bound to fail in the end, for God's sake you can't take money from A and give to B without creating value, and expect the system to run forever, whwt happens when it's saturated?. It was this very foundational problem that made people detest those who participated in the scheme, not jealousy or another person trying to change his financial status by taking money from someone else like you said.. the annoying thought that Nigerians were clouded by greed and couldn't think beyond the moment was what got me mad .

The MMM Ponzi schemers took advantage of the confusion to create an "us" versus "them" war between MMMites and the govt., Media etc and made them believe that it was the later that was the problem. Let me say it again , no reputable business operates in a country without registration, or paying tax, no business shuts down its operation abruptly and tell customer it would resume next year without atleast a months notice.

No apologies to those who lost their money, they deserved what they got, they refused to heed to warnings. They failed to learn from experience from neighborhing countries like SA and Zimbabwe. MMM is never coming back up, learn and move on. No guider got an atom of clue what's happening, don't be fooled they know nothing. They would only try to raise your hopes but they know it's gone....

shut up

SA and Zimbabwe are still growing strong
say what u know not what u heard.
this is prove of a friend who GHed yesterday from MMMkenya under MMM eastafrica(mind u Zimbabwe is under this)

2 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by suremossty(m): 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
rychard:

Thank you.

The problem here is misinformation, not MMM crashing, and sadly enough, most MMM participants do not even understand what the freeze is about.

Normally when you pay in or provide help, your investment is frozen for two weeks, after which you're eligible to withdraw, but they decided that because of the Xmas rush they should extend that freeze period to one month, so people can only request for money only after a month of confirmed payment, (this one month period is relative to when anyone makes his/her payment, and not a unified one month period: eg. If I make a confirmed payment on the 2nd of December, my one month period will last till the 2nd of January, after which I can withdraw, and if another person makes a confirmed payment on the 7th of December, his one month period will elapse on the 7th of January, after which he can withdraw) so, I am actually surprised why people are making up all these news to scare others, even the MMM participants who never had any reason to complain about the usual two weeks freeze period...Is it because they said the new system will last until second week of January? It only means that freezing period of one complete month will continue to be in practice until second week of January, and not that nobody can withdraw until second week of January.

Please I haven't benefited from MMM (not yet though) , so, I think my insight on the issue isn't biased.

1 Like

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Bollove: 1:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun:

But their money is not in MMM. Their money has been given away to participants who joined MMM earlier than them, including the organizers of MMM and the top guiders who withdrew millions just before MMM crashed. The money you see when you log into the MMM website does not exist anywhere. It's not in any bank account. It's just numbers on a computer, which is no better than your likes on Nairaland. If MMM is reactivated in January, everyone will immediately try to get help and and it won't work because nobody would be stupid enough to provide help.
My friend got helped yesterday because he has been matched before the pause mode he called the payer that doesn't she listened to the news , she said she is aware but MMM is coming back strongly in January....

we can not believe the girl and my whatsaap group are all eager to Provide help .

no doubt many people will first evict the system but when they realise the scheme is still operating with adjustments as effective and efficient as possible , they will still come back.

I already PH this November!

4 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
Paschalp:
Haha

I don't know my category

But mmm has crashed

U better start wailing now else January you'd cry well

Period!! !
i checked your profile and saw that you are way far older than me, but come to think of it you talk like i'm 12yrs older than you... Well its your life.. You can useless it the way you like........... So ignorant... How does MMM work.. You don't know,,,, mitcheeeewww..

5 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by InvertedHammer: 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2016
Seun:

/
People still don't get it. They are living in denial. They should have studied how ponzi scheme works. Maddoff pulled $50b scheme for years and was philanthropic to a fault. But his system crashed when it became saturated.

All those waiting in January is akin to waiting to cash out "likes" and "ftc" comments. Both feel good but only exist in virtual world.

Who in their right minds is going to pay you after all the panic? Folks will reset to Capital Preservation mode -- better to be locked out of the system than to lose money. At this point, people want their original funds. They don't care about the 30% profit anymore.
\

3 Likes

Re: How MMM Revealed The True Colour Of Nigerians by suremossty(m): 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2016
JaaizTech:
I don't know what category I fall according to the OP's classification. But I would tell anyone who cares to listen that MMM is a scam. In that Scam some people would benefit and some people would lose; those who would eventually benefit are those who would cause the loss of others. It is very simple to see that the whole scheme does not create wealth in whatsoever manner; it is simply a redistribution of wealth. MMM cannot continue forever it is bound to crash, because the extra money being made by people is not coming from anywhere other than from the people themselves; at some point in time, the whole scheme will crash and perhaps it has crashed. So if you are lucky that you have benefited good luck to you and if you have lost your money like most people in my office; sorry hard luck.
Is it your money? Na those wey no even dey do MMM dey help us use Phensic for our headache. Sey we complain give una. 80% of those participating in MMM knows from the onset that it is a risk. Stop all this Alaroye news joor.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Mistake Was December Frozen #MMM / 10 Questions For MMM Subscribers (Mavrodians) / The Truth About MMM (Video By Adeola Fayehun)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.