Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,837 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Religion: An Illusion That Works Well - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion: An Illusion That Works Well (24009 Views)

Free Will Is An Illusion / Back To The Illusion: How Can We Know Our Reality Is An Illusion? / Donald Trump Vs Islam Is An ILLUSION Like Superman Vs Muhammad Ali. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:13pm On Dec 16, 2016
dalaman:

His thread makes no sense base he says we have been ingrained by evolution with the need to survive. That alone destroys his nihilist position.

He believes evolution refutes God and that since there is no God (atheism) we have been ingrained by nature through evolution with the need to survive . So to him , survival is an illusion , because its going to end with death at the end of it all . So why bother ? Let's just die off and go extinct , life is meaningless and purposeless .

And you still want me to explain how atheism leads to nihilism grin The answer is right there staring at you . These are oblique suicidal thoughts if you ask me sir .

wink

How did this elude you bro ? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
Martinez19:
For faith build up wink I like hearing testimonies of people though some are faulty but some are unbelievable. Tell me nah, na beg I dey beg cry

I'm a member of the Lord's Chosen . You can visit our HQ at Ijesha and get inundated with numerous testimonies from so many people. More testimonies that can help you build your faith . cool
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by Martinez19(m): 9:21pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm a member of the Lord's Chosen . You can visit our HQ at Ijesha and get inundated with numerous testimonies from so many people. More testimonies that can help you build your faith . cool
No do me like this nah, Maka why? Tell me your own abi you no Wan glorify Christ? grin
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by dalaman: 9:26pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

He believes evolution refutes God and that since there is no God (atheism) we have been ingrained by nature through evolution with the need to survive . So to him , survival is an illusion , because its going to end with death at the end of it all . So why bother ? Let's just die off and go extinct , life is meaningless and purposeless .

And you still want me to explain how atheism leads to nihilism grin The answer is right there staring at you . These are oblique suicidal thoughts if you ask me sir .

wink

I will not waste time stating why life needs to be lived and enjoyed. I will only show why his arguments lack.merit. He said evolution has ingrained us with the need to survive and procreate in some other parts of his ramblings . If that is true that that alone defeats his premise that life has no meaning and.purpose since survival and procreating which he says evolution in gains with us are enough reason to live.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:26pm On Dec 16, 2016
Martinez19:

If faith works, medical experts would know even just as everyone because it is sure a better remedy to diseases and all form of human suffering would have been terminated by faith. That is not what I see, why? How can one be sure that the Christian God is the true one since we are Christians because we were born in Christian homes rather than by true encounter with God?

Medical experts still believe in God . On their walls , in their offices you still see them expressing their belief in God . The maxim in hospitals is "We cure but God heals " . And Medical doctors are very religious . They also permit religious prayers to be made on sick people by so many religious groups .

What makes Muslims have faith in Allah is what makes Christians have faith in God. The same way thay look down on the Christian God and Jesus is the same way Christians look down on Allah. Do you think they will go hell? So they think of you. The only to spot out fake religion is by the miraculous demonstration of the true God so that when other folks in other religions see it, they will migrate to the better God. Thus, he is undisputed.

Because there is puma and pufa does not mean the real product does not exist .

I don't doubt lionel Messi's abilities as a good player but why do people disagree on God's existence?

Emotions .

There are so many people that believe that doubt Messi's abilities though . Ask Ronaldo's fans . grin

Everyone has their reason for believing whatever they choose to believe . Because the existence of God is a contentious issue does not mean no God exists . Even as a human being with all you do , people will still have good and bad opinions about you . Some will wish you well , some will gloat over your misfortune . That is life for you .
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by jonbellion(m): 9:31pm On Dec 16, 2016
Pidgin2:

[s]If only I could dash you some wisdom I would do ASAP but you obviously can't be helped as you think you are the sole custodian of knowledge.

God speaks to us from within but you can't understand this because you refer to Him as imaginary. I stand by my words regardless, I will do whatever He tells me to do even if it means doing what Abraham did to Isaac. If this is insanity to you then so be it, to me and other believers it is obedience but I 100% don't expect any of you atheist to understand, it is beyond your comprehension [/s]
Wow
You'll actually do that
I hope you'll have fun in the asylum
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by damogul: 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

wink

Its always elusive to them. FYI Grizlybear called them stupid for thinking that life had any meaning. I mean he called his fellow atheists stupid. He even sees his fellow atheists as irrational

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukaNaija: 9:39pm On Dec 16, 2016
dalaman:

I will not waste time stating why life needs to be lived and enjoyed. I will only show why his arguments lack.merit. He said evolution has ingrained us with the need to survive and procreate in some other parts of his ramblings . If that is true that that alone defeats his premise that life has no meaning and.purpose since survival and procreating which he says evolution in gains with us are enough reason to live.

To what end ? Procreate for what reason ? For what purpose ? Can't you that see he thinks survival means preventing death for a mean time which would still eventually come . So what's the point ? What's the point of the chains of births and deaths ? Live to survive grin

As far as you have taken God out of the picture , it gradually becomes nihilism .
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by dalaman: 9:42pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

To what end ? Procreate for what reason ? For what purpose ? Can't you that see he thinks survival means preventing death for a mean time which would still eventually come . So what's the point ? What's the point of the chains of births and deaths ? Live to survive grin

As far as you have taken God out of the picture , it gradually becomes nihilism .

I will not engage you in your fallacy. I am only using his.points against him. If evolution has ingrained in his the need to survive then life has been been ingrained with a purpose which is survival. He was asked why hasn't he committed suicide and that was his reply. If that is true then life's purpose is survival which destroys his statement of.life having no purpose.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by dalaman: 9:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
damogul:
[/b]

Its always elusive to them. FYI Grizlybear called them stupid for thinking that life had any meaning. I mean he called his fellow atheists stupid. He even sees his fellow atheists as irrational

That's his opinion.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by Pastafarian: 9:45pm On Dec 16, 2016
dalaman:

That's his opinion.
I tire o!
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukaNaija: 9:46pm On Dec 16, 2016
damogul:
[/b]

shocked shocked shocked

He called them stupid and irrational shocked

Wow !!! grin

That's bona fide nihilism . Soon the impulse to destroy , to commit suicide , to commit murder gradually creeps in and starts to grow . Who knows if it has already lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukaNaija: 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2016
dalaman:

I will not engage you in your fallacy. I am only using his.points against him. If evolution has ingrained in his the need to survive then life has been been ingrained with a purpose which is survival. He was asked why hasn't he committed suicide and that was his reply. If that is true then life's purpose is survival which destroys his statement of.life having no purpose.

You don't get me sir . He means that survival itself is an illusion - it gives the semblance of purpose and meaning .

1 Like

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by dalaman: 9:50pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You don't get me sir . He means that survival itself is an illusion - it gives the semblance of purpose and meaning .

His own opinion. He hasn't followed it with convincing arguments at all.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by dalaman: 9:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
Just to add I went through his points again . He said life is meaningless because death ends it all. So what? All life must end. Our friends, family, work, activities we engage in like sports, sex, music, religious activities, helping hands we offer to others etc do not last for ever but they enrich our lIves and we derive purpose and meaning from them.

1 Like

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukaNaija: 10:03pm On Dec 16, 2016
dalaman:
Just to add I went through his points again . He said life is meaningless because death ends it all. So what? All life must end. Our friends, family, work, activities we engage in like sports, sex, music, religious activities, helping hands we offer to others etc do not last for ever but they enrich our lIves and we derive purpose and meaning from them.

That's existential nihilism or existentialism ( I can't remember which ) . Where one derives purpose and meaning for his life in an absurd chaotic world . You see family , work and other activities as a source of meaning to life but in reality life has no meaning . Isn't it ?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by dalaman: 10:08pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

That's existential nihilism or existentialism ( I can't remember which ) . Where one derives purpose and meaning for his life in an absurd chaotic world . You see family , work and other activities as a source of meaning to life but in reality life has no meaning . Isn't it ?

How can life have no meaning when you just outlined things that give people's life meaning?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukaNaija: 10:13pm On Dec 16, 2016
dalaman:

How can life have no meaning when you just outlined things that give people's life meaning?

I think you need to read more on existential nihilism/existentialism which posits that you are the one to derive or invent meaning to your life though the universe is without one since it is an irrational absurd universe . You dig ?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukaNaija: 10:13pm On Dec 16, 2016
winner01 !!! I see you bro cool Howdy ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by winner01(m): 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
dalaman:
It does not matter if they enrich our lives, its not like the universe cares if you love or hate those seemingly sweet things. Those things in themselves are meaningless if death ends it all. The fact that you want life to be meaningful (no matter how little) proves that there is a greater purpose.
No matter how much you try to cling to purpose bro, it does not seem to fit in well with your worldview.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by winner01(m): 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
winner01 !!! I see you bro cool Howdy ?
cool cool I must have missed a lot of parties cool cool grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by Pastafarian: 10:18pm On Dec 16, 2016
dalaman:

lol
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukaNaija: 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2016
winner01:
cool cool I must have missed a lot of parties cool cool grin

Yeah !! You sure did !!

Jonbellion meet winner01 , the real winner01 grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by winner01(m): 10:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Yeah !! You sure did !!

cool
Jonbellion how far cool cool
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by damogul: 10:26pm On Dec 16, 2016
winner01:
cool

Winner01 how you dey. You know who this is dont you?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by dalaman: 10:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
winner01:
It does not matter if they enrich our lives, its not like the universe cares if you love or hate those seemingly sweet things. Those things in themselves are meaningless if death ends it all. The fact that you want life to be meaningful (no matter how little) proves that there is a greater purpose.
No matter how much you try to cling to purpose bro, it does not seem to fit in well with your worldview.

You have failed to show me how loving my family is meaningless because I will die someday. How does life after death add meaning to me loving my wife and kids? You haven't demonstrated that at all. Purpose fits very well with my world view. You haven't shown my how the end of life makes me enjoying this life a meaningless venture.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by dalaman: 10:33pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I think you need to read more on existential nihilism/existentialism which posits that you are the one to derive or invent meaning to your life though the universe is without one since it is an irrational absurd universe . You dig ?

Am not a nihilist so why should I subscribe to anything they posit?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by MrMontella(m): 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Look at my posts and what I discuss and compare them with yours . Does it look like we are on the same level undecided

we cant be on the same level...

You're still evolving at an atomic rate!

I'm miles ahead bro and can switch to so many philosophical propositions , religious perspectives to support my view . While all you do is poison the well .
switch?
Philosophical propositions?
Religious perspectives?

And you're a stanuch christian?

Indeed your are confused!
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by jonbellion(m): 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2016
winner01:
cool
yo man
What's good cool
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by jonbellion(m): 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Yeah !! You sure did !!

was there a counterfeit b4
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by MrMontella(m): 10:35pm On Dec 16, 2016
dalaman:

grin grin. You are happyily announcing that you have no position and can dance to any tone. Well done.
he's confused!

You know he speaks with both sides of his mouth like c.85% of all the time but i never considered it a double standard stuff...

I knew he is confused!
grin grin grin
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by winner01(m): 10:35pm On Dec 16, 2016
damogul:

Winner01 how you dey. You know who this is dont you?
yes boss cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye In Enugu, Received By Governor Ugwuanyi / Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His / Catholic Priest, Edwin Obiora Becomes First Priest To Become SAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.