Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Breaking Up For A Good Reason - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Breaking Up For A Good Reason (6823 Views)

See The Reason My Girlfriend Of 3yrs Is Breaking Up With Me, Screenshot Added / I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance / What Is A Good Reason To Have A Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by madlady(f): 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2009
grin grin grin

@manoy Who is BB?
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by manoy(m): 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2009
grin grin grin

Na me oh
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by madlady(f): 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@manoy   grin grin u self, you don confuse me oh. grin grin grin
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by TheSeeker(m): 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2009
Whitelexi, can I get a summary of what's going on here? angry
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by manoy(m): 7:53pm On Nov 16, 2009
@ Life is good,
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Outstrip(f): 8:46pm On Nov 16, 2009
I did that with my ex. I still loved him but it was time to do other things. I think sometimes you just have to be honest with yourself.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by ashany: 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2009
what if what you think is standard is un realistic and you realize you lost a good person while looking for a perfect one?
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by smurf1(f): 8:59pm On Nov 16, 2009
^^^ yup precisely!
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Outstrip(f): 9:09pm On Nov 16, 2009
ashany:

what if what you think is standard is un realistic and you realize you lost a good person while looking for a perfect one?

Such is life. You think well before you do and if you made a mistake you take it as one of life's lessons and move on
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by octar6: 9:26pm On Nov 16, 2009
@poster,
there is no such thing as perfection or breaking up 4 a good reason in a relationship.its either u want her or u dont.she might go and yhe next person must also have her own lapses.thats life 4 u.
my advice is u have 2 learn 2 accept and adjust 2 her type of peson. grin grin grin
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Radiant(f): 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2009
I think sometimes you just have to get your pillows ready. grin Hard as it is there're somethings bugging us but because of pity we tend to suppress the truth about that person and the relationship.

This is not about "no one is perfect". There're certain things that you just have to get rid off by discarding the other person.

Even when food goes bad it's still food but then you have to head for the bin.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Tanzos: 10:19pm On Nov 16, 2009
@poster
Im almost too certain youve got absolutely no faults.
i can tell.
Heres the deal you for whatever way you choose to call or coat this, truth is youre just not in love with the person anymore.
It gets even better, youre not willing to be patient to work things out,
Had a similar issue with my ex.
Was the victim actually, when she went and had the 'perfect boy for her', to cut the story short I guess the devil you know,
Anyways when she did try to come back to talk things over, I guess God was actually doing me a favor then.

Point of the story?
Maybe its actually you who really doesnt deserve him.

Its ok for you to feel all that now but please dont forget to come back and let us know how you screwed up when its time(no pun intended cool)
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by whitelexi(m): 10:39pm On Nov 16, 2009
TheSeeker:

Whitelexi, can I get a summary of what's going on here? angry
grin grin grin
Trust me bro, its not what u think grin grin grin
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by TheSeeker(m): 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2009
whitelexi:

grin grin grin
Trust me bro, its not what u think grin grin grin
Then what is it? angry grin
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by luv2talk(m): 12:19am On Nov 17, 2009
hmmm, wonders shall never end
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by follypimpi(m): 2:33am On Nov 17, 2009
well u cant help being who u r though u can mke compromises and change all in the name of Love and thats if the lady in question is worth it but then again u can always breakup with her and leave her a box of Operetta chocolate incase she might get depressed.Pretty easy to do if u r not on the recieving end.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by becomrich15: 2:35am On Nov 17, 2009
whitelexi, you must be a child. you dont break up with people because of useless excuse you gave.

All this reason you gave is in your own brother. Do you break up with your brother.

Let me give you example . your brother have lived with you for more than 20 years of your life and 99% of brothers and sister fight. Do you break up with him or her. No.

Your excuse are foolish and useless. you are acting like a 13 year old. Do you want to run back to your mother

Look i have access to 4 governors in nigeria, dont you see me give the govt difficult time online. And dont you see me give yar adua problem. Does that mean i hate them. No,  get your motive right. it is to make naija better.

There is nobody that is prefect, we all make mistake. we can work on it.

You must check your motive for what you are doing. what is your motive. is it because of money. If that is your motive. And you marry a rich man. Look his house and business can burn down. Even must in north america. people own 1,000,000 today and tomorrow they are sleep in shelter.

Do google search.

In 2008,  2.6 million  american lost thier job. That would nearly mean. about 1,000,000 america lost thier houses. Do you break up when your husband loss his job. You would jump to the next husband. This is how nigerian women think. One of them , i know is on her 6th husband.   Se ori re ni ye. Ore bo roku. ni yoruba call it.

When that one  loss his job. she would be on the next one. I predict this woman would have 10 husband in her life time.

She has ojo kokoro. And she is ready to kill any husband for the money. Nigerian woman need to change thier mentally. You people una they believe like bush people sometime.

Obiri so wa nu, olo wu olo re oko. A woman throw away character, she now says she has bad lucky with men.

first husband  was bad lucky

second husband  was bad lucky

third husband  was bad lucky

fourth husband  was bad lucky

5th husband  was bad lucky
six  husband  was bad lucky

Ile la wo,
http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/09/news/economy/jobs_december/
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Nobody: 2:36am On Nov 17, 2009
Becommrich, who dragged you out of Politics? shocked
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by airzzee(m): 3:09am On Nov 17, 2009
@POSTER

The truth is that marriage is NOT all about love. This thing called love FADES. Love is something that peters out in the passage of time. Some fade quicker than the others. Some fade in one month, while others last till one year, two years… just like that. When love fades, the only thing(s) that hold(s) marriage are those things couples must consider before going into marriage:

THEY ARE YOUR VALUES, PHILOSOPHY, BELIEFS, LIKES & DISLIKES. THESE VALUES ARE NON-COMPROMISABLE. HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT BEING UNEQUALLY YOKED IF THESE ARE NOT CONGRUENT TO A REASONABLE EXTENT, HEY, QUIT. IF YOU DON’T QUIT NOW WHEN THE TEARS CAN BE WIPED EASILY, YOU MAY FIND YOURSELVES WHERE THE TEARS, ACCOMPANIED BY EMOTIONAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL, PHYSICAL TRAUMA MAY LAST FOREVER.

ANOTHER WARNING FOR THE SINGLES! THERE IS NOTHING LIKE “(S)HE WILL CHANGE, LET ME MANAGE HIM/HER.” THERE ARE THESE SMALL WARNING SIGNALS THAT FLASH OCCASIONALLY. THEY ARE POINTERS AND YOU CAN BE REST ASSURED THAT BY TOMORROW, THEY WOULD SPIRAL OUT OF CONTROL AND GROW OUT OF PROPORTION.

HOW YOU WONDERED WHY FRIENDSHIP LASTS LONGER THAN LOVE? BECAUSE PEOPLE CHOOSE FRIENDS BASED ON VALUES. HOW YOU WONDERED WHILE AFTER MARRIAGE, MEN & WOMEN STILL CHEAT? SOME GO BACK TO THEIR EXs TO HAVE ILLICIT AFFAIRS? IT'S SIMPLE - VALUES LAST MORE THAN PULCHRITUDE (PHYSICAL BEAUTY) AND ANYTHING!!!
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Outstrip(f): 3:18am On Nov 17, 2009
airzzee:

@POSTER

The truth is that marriage is NOT all about love. This thing called love FADES. Love is something that peters out in the passage of time. Some fade quicker than the others. Some fade in one month, while others last till one year, two years… just like that. When love fades, the only thing(s) that hold(s) marriage are those things couples must consider before going into marriage:

THEY ARE YOUR VALUES, PHILOSOPHY, BELIEFS, LIKES & DISLIKES. THESE VALUES ARE NON-COMPROMISABLE. HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT BEING UNEQUALLY YOKED IF THESE ARE NOT CONGRUENT TO A REASONABLE EXTENT, HEY, QUIT. IF YOU DON’T QUIT NOW WHEN THE TEARS CAN BE WIPED EASILY, YOU MAY FIND YOURSELVES WHERE THE TEARS, ACCOMPANIED BY EMOTIONAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL, PHYSICAL TRAUMA MAY LAST FOREVER.

ANOTHER WARNING FOR THE SINGLES! THERE IS NOTHING LIKE “(S)HE WILL CHANGE, LET ME MANAGE HIM/HER.” THERE ARE THESE SMALL WARNING SIGNALS THAT FLASH OCCASIONALLY. THEY ARE POINTERS AND YOU CAN BE REST ASSURED THAT BY TOMORROW, THEY WOULD SPIRAL OUT OF CONTROL AND GROW OUT OF PROPORTION.

HOW YOU WONDERED WHY FRIENDSHIP LASTS LONGER THAN LOVE? BECAUSE PEOPLE CHOOSE FRIENDS BASED ON VALUES. HOW YOU WONDERED WHILE AFTER MARRIAGE, MEN & WOMEN STILL CHEAT? SOME GO BACK TO THEIR EXs TO HAVE ILLICIT AFFAIRS? IT'S SIMPLE - VALUES LAST MORE THAN PULCHRITUDE (PHYSICAL BEAUTY) AND ANYTHING!!!

I think you are agreeing with the original poster. He/She did not say this was about marriage
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by 49cents(m): 3:36am On Nov 17, 2009
my lil contribution.

I think the whole problem lies within us;

we must deal with the issue of objectively  singling out what are the most important traits we want in a spouse, and they must start from the psychological to the social, fom the interior to the exterior. i.e what you FEEL first than to want people MAY THINK or how they'll see you AND content (character) before container (physique)

most times people with "high" standards,  for example the guys, they look for a girl they can show off to the whole world (even though some deny it even to themselves) they let this bias their judgments.

There is a difference between what is valuable in LIFE  to what is valuable in YOUR life.

We have to make the effort to find out the latter cos they will stand the test of time while the former is a function of many things like: how young you think you still are, your paycheck, your friends, in a word, factors that change over time.

The ultimate question is:  our priorities in a partner, how orderly are they? until we ascertain this we'll just end up missing the right people, wasting irretrievable time and regretting for wrong choices made.

THE END
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by 49cents(m): 3:40am On Nov 17, 2009
correction

We have to make the effort to find out the former cos they will stand the test of time while the l[b]atter[/b] is a function of many things like: how young you think you still are, your paycheck, your friends, in a word, factors that change over time.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by becomrich15: 3:55am On Nov 17, 2009
airzzee , if you are married to an unbelieve the bible says , you must remain in the marriage. This is what the bible says.

Is turai still with yar adua Yar adua is sick?? That is enough excuse for turai to leave yar adua and come to me. Joking . But fine turai refuse, I am handsome ke? fine lagos boy like me.  It means turai is more born again than you.

Who told you your next husband would not be an unbeliever. I know redeemed pastors who are not save.

That do not know jesus. it is the motive of making money they started a church. Now if you married one of them are you married to a believer. I know a person who did his ordination  in the redeemed church who have been send to jail before he join the redeemed and after he join the redeemed he still went again for  fraud.  Is he born again?

And also someone who told me of an assistant pastor who was arrested inside a church in a nigeria born again church.  Is he also born again?

Are this the people you want to marry, that you call born again.

What about a born again pastor who sleep with members  of his church. And When a redeemed pastor start using fake name , is he still born again.

when a redeemed pastor is dumping people , is he still born again

I am not talking to the redeemed church alone, I am talking of jesus embassy, deeper and others. I critic the church alot , because how can we point finger at yar adua when we our self are not different from govt.

What is been born again.

I became born again 27 years ago. And what some people who now preach call born again is not been born again, but fraud born again.

I know many nigerian who claim to be ordain in churches, and some are pastors, but have never been save.

If you dont see me go to a church , know i know something you dont.

I once said , when some pastor pray, i would never close my eyes, I am not joking.  Going to church is not been born again. You can be a pastor and not be born again. You can be a singer in church and , you are worst that the devil. it does not make you born again. I still have a voice mail of one of your ordain born again claim he go kill person. Is that a born again person.  No make me laugh. That is why yar adua is doing what he is doing . born again do turn to yeye thing.

One so call born again pastor claim he saw demon  in his house, just because he wanted member. Another pastor , over here trick me, lied to me in a 3 way call, is he born again or 419.

Born again don turn yeye.

I would find time to explain what been born again is. It is not going to church, or been a pastor. I thank God for pastor kumuyi and others . Not all this nonsense, in the name of multiple of churches to make money.

There is a pastor in nigeria. who love to sing a song

I have jesus in my life
I am satisfied
Even though
I have nothing
I am satisfied.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by iice(f): 4:04am On Nov 17, 2009
Outstrip:

I did that with my ex. I still loved him but it was time to do other things. I think sometimes you just have to be honest with yourself.

Outstrip:

Such is life. You think well before you do and if you made a mistake you take it as one of life's lessons and move on

Gbam!
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by airzzee(m): 10:00am On Nov 17, 2009
becomrich,:

airzzee , if you are married to an unbelieve the bible says , you must remain in the marriage. This is what the bible says.

Is turai still with yar adua Yar adua is sick?? That is enough excuse for turai to leave yar adua and come to me. Joking . But fine turai refuse, I am handsome ke? fine lagos boy like me. It means turai is more born again than you.

Who told you your next husband would not be an unbeliever. I know redeemed pastors who are not save.

That do not know jesus. it is the motive of making money they started a church. Now if you married one of them are you married to a believer. I know a person who did his ordination in the redeemed church who have been send to jail before he join the redeemed and after he join the redeemed he still went again for fraud. Is he born again?

And also someone who told me of an assistant pastor who was arrested inside a church in a nigeria born again church. Is he also born again?

Are this the people you want to marry, that you call born again.

What about a born again pastor who sleep with members of his church. And When a redeemed pastor start using fake name , is he still born again.

when a redeemed pastor is dumping people , is he still born again

I am not talking to the redeemed church alone, I am talking of jesus embassy, deeper and others. I critic the church alot , because how can we point finger at yar adua when we our self are not different from govt.

What is been born again.

I became born again in 27 years ago. And what some people who now preach call born again is not been born again, but fraud born again.

I know many nigerian who claim to be ordain in churches, and some are pastors, but have never been save.

If you dont see me go to a church , know i know something you dont.

I once said , when some pastor pray, i would never close my eyes, I am not joking. Going to church is not been born again. You can be a pastor and not be born again. You can be a singer in church and , you are worst that the devil. it does not make you born again. I still have a voice mail of one of your ordain born again claim he go kill person. Is that a born again person. No make me laugh. That is why yar adua is doing what he is doing . born again do turn to yeye thing.

One so call born again pastor claim he saw demon in his house, just because he wanted member. Another pastor , over here trick me, lied to me in a 3 way call, is he born again or 419.

Born again don turn yeye.

I would find time to explain what been born again is. It is not going to church, or been a pastor. I thank God for pastor kumuyi and others . Not all this nonsense, in the name of multiple of churches to make money.

There is a pastor in nigeria. who love to sing a song

I have jesus in my life
I am satisfied
Even though
I have nothing
I am satisfied.

Beconrich, u get me all wrong. Belief doesn't necessairily mean religion. I NEVER MEANT BORN-AGAIN OR NO BORN AGAIN. THEY COULD ARE SEVERAL THINGS YOU BELIEVE IN THAT I DO NOT BELIEVE IN YET WE ATTEND THE SAME CHURCH. A MUSLIM BROTHER AND A CHRISTIAN SISTER THOUGH DIFFERENT FAITH MAY HAVE CONVERGING POINTS IN BELIEFS (NOT NECESSARILY RELIGION).

BEING UNEQUALLY YOKED I MENTIONED (THOUGH BIBLE QUOTATION) WAS NOT INTENDED TO BRING IN RELIGION INTO IT.

YOU MAY AGREE WITH ME THAT WHILE A FEMALE GRADUATE MAY COPE WITH AN STARK ILLITERATE IN SOME CASES, MORE OFTEN THAT NOT, THIS CONJUGAL RELATIONSHIP MAY BREW DISASTER. OUR IGBO BROTHERS OFTEN STOP THEIR GRADUATE WIVES WORK B/C OF SUCH REASONS (BELIEFS AND VALUES). THE BELIEF COULD BE THAT GRADUATE WOMEN WORKING SLEEP AROUND. BUT, IS IT ALWAYS TRUE?

BY THE WAY, I SHARE YOUR SENTIMENTS ABOUT THE END-TIME CHURCH & THE SO-CALLED BEING BORN-AGAIN PEOPLE PROFESS THESE DAYS. I REALLY DO. I THINK WE MAY NEED TO TALK MORE ABOUT THAT OUTSIDE HERE, Si vous plait.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Jenke: 10:22am On Nov 17, 2009
Before going into a relatioship at all,u should have some attributes u want to see in ur partner,u dont just jump into one because u want to be in a relationship and when u later find out that the person does not possess the qualities u now use that as an excuse to break up for good.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Mcleo007(m): 11:10am On Nov 17, 2009
'Breaking up 4 a reason' is selfish. Wat abt d other person?
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by StEdwin(m): 11:58am On Nov 17, 2009
Stupidity of the highest order.
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by echobee(f): 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2009
Ur reason for breaking up must be geniue.because if u re not selective u will be selected
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Bonita(f): 6:22pm On Nov 17, 2009
do have a standard, and these standards have to be met before I enter into a relationship at all. It's nothing new either that when you go into a relationship, you tend to find more things out about your partner that you didn't know upfront and you're at crossroads whether or not to keep up with these attitudes.

Before any decision has to be made, you have to study the changes (the new found attitudes) and decide if it's going to affect your perception of the relationship, and also, if you can deal with it with some little bit of patience and time; sometimes, some traits can't be worked on, some can be, but it all depends on who has the traits and how well and fair they are willing to work on them.

Furthermore, you need to check yourself and be sure you're not the one spurring these attitudes[color=#006600][/color], so as not to be guilty of what you're trying to put on someone else, but I agree, everyone needs a standard and I have a high standard my lady has to meet. . . I'm almost a perfectionist, that is if I'm not.

That above is the key and most guys don't know it. You are a wise man/woman
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by slimes(m): 8:57pm On Nov 17, 2009
Jenke:

Before going into a relatioship at all,u should have some attributes u want to see in your partner,u dont just jump into one because u want to be in a relationship and when u later find out that the person does not possess the qualities u now use that as an excuse to break up for good.
I agree
Re: Breaking Up For A Good Reason by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 18, 2009
No comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gorgeous Guys - More Of A Curse Than Gift In Nigeria / Advice Plsss!i'm A Virgin Bt I'm Having Great Urge For Sex / An AMBW (asian Men Black Women) Thread.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.