Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,141 members, 7,863,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? (602 Views)

+18 Men Only : what does the female vagina really taste like ? ( Photo) / I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband / Kenyan Man Catches Wife Committing Adultery With His Employee, A Watchman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Wisdomcephas(m): 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
www.wordeverlasting.com
What is Adultery? Adultery is an act of sexual relations with someone other than one's wife or husband. For us Christians, it's a sin of a married man having sexual intercourse with anyone other than his wife or a married woman having sexual intercourse with anyone other than her husband.

Bible References

Exodus 20:14
Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Hebrews 13:4

Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Matthew 15:19-20

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Proverbs 6:32

But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.

Luke 18:18-20

And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

Matthew 5:27-28

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

1 Corinthians 7:2-5

Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

Romans 7:2-3

For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

1 Corinthians 6:15-16. READ MORE: www.wordeverlasting.com
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2016
Ok
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Belthazor(m): 9:19pm On Dec 16, 2016
Bible study under Romance section? Why don't you post this in the Religion section? grin
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 16, 2016
Adult-adultery

what does the bible say about infantry? infant-infantry
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Prectega(m): 1:08am On Dec 17, 2016
grin op please go on...
See as here dry finish

Accept the truth
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by BabaRamota1980: 1:19am On Dec 17, 2016
This adultery thing was addressed to women, not men. It is Godly to have more than one wife and therefore enter into marriage with multiple women.
Women are to keep one husband and the law is intended for them to guard their chastity.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by ststyreal(f): 5:26am On Dec 17, 2016
BabaRamota1980:
This adultery thing was addressed to women, not men. It is Godly to have more than one wife and therefore enter into marriage with multiple women.
Women are to keep one husband and the law is intended for them to guard their chastity.
You try, you hear. Read am well. Naim make marriages they divorce this days. Na only women God create. God himself talk am say a man shall leave his father and mother and cling to his wife (and not wives) and they both shall become one! So any married man wey sleep with another woman wey no be him wife don commit adultery no be only woman. If you want your wife to dey faithful, you self must be faithful, if no be so, two of una go dey dash una self different diseases and infection as a result of una adultery. Na my own I talk oooooo, no be only women the law dey for, men too must respect the laws of God. Take care
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Adultery? by Smyblueboy(m): 7:27am On Dec 17, 2016
#sheybi dey say no do adultery u no hear ba... ai u go chop your father for kitchen of hell if u faint .... walahi una better stop am..
u can check my blog and help me to criticize sha cos I just designed it newly ur opinions would help alot www.ishstoc..com

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Without Harmattan In Lagos: Share Your Experience / With Love: Welcome To Year 2017 Nairalanders / Single Ladies Always Denying Dating Married Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.