Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) (62597 Views)

1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS / Make A List Of The Phones You've Used And Are Using Now. / All You Need To Know About 4G Network And The Phones That Support Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 17, 2016
Those are not simple phones

They're Vertu phones
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by Tloc(m): 9:51am On Dec 17, 2016
tare22:
Mike Adenuga uses similar phones... U can't hack, most importantly the network provider don't have any DBA of ur daily communication

You have a head on them shoulders. No monitoring.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by Maj196(m): 9:53am On Dec 17, 2016
Rich people doesn't necessarily show off cuz dey knw dey r made already. Only wannabes do so.

1 Like

Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by Truth234(m): 9:53am On Dec 17, 2016
Babysheart:
Virgin CEO Richard Brandson uses the same sort of phones.

Most rich men don't have some of these trappings of well-being. But to me, it's false humility. If you want to show how down to earth and humane you are, you can discreetly go to a slum neighbourhood in a place like Lagos, select 100 families and build them low cost housing.

You can empower that woman selling bole and fish by that road you drive through to work everyday. Using 2 naira phones doesn't add any value to anybody's life.

Na show and self deception.

So you think Richard Branson care about humility? Common its for security reasons, those phones can't be hacked and monitored. When you deal in billions you will understand, Putin boys just hacked over 1 billion emails and so were several phones across the world hacked by the US (Edward Snowden).
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by Reptyle(m): 9:53am On Dec 17, 2016
Most of these big men carry these kinds of phones for security reasons.

Smartphones are easy to hack and track.
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by Maxivalue(m): 9:54am On Dec 17, 2016
Corrinthians:
Nokia "torchlights".

These are phones without internet capability; no whatsapp, no bbm, no twitter, no nairaland, no snapchat, no 2go, no imo, no whatever. The implication of that is they are difficult to HACK! The essense of that is their "every every" on the phones are much more SECURE than those using iPhone100!!!

Being a successful businessman takes more than what you learnt in school; alot of native wisdom is required as well.
I concur

1 Like

Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by omonnakoda: 9:56am On Dec 17, 2016
Babysheart:
Virgin CEO Richard Brandson uses the same sort of phones.

Most rich men don't have some of these trappings of well-being. But to me, it's false humility. If you want to show how down to earth and humane you are, you can discreetly go to a slum neighbourhood in a place like Lagos, select 100 families and build them low cost housing.

You can empower that woman selling bole and fish by that road you drive through to work everyday. Using 2 naira phones doesn't add any value to anybody's life.

Na show and self deception.
It is not show and it is not false humility. It is simply about functionality. I use similar phones simply because the only thing I do with my phone is Phone and Text full stop.

I do no browse with my phone, AT ALL. I have the internet at home and at work and that is enough. For me the phone IS NOT A TOY. and definitely not a status symbol. The funny thing is I often forget my phone and whenever I return it is there waiting for me. People hand it back with pleasure

1 Like

Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by tunazi(m): 9:56am On Dec 17, 2016
aaronson:
For F uck sake Warren Buffet is twice richer than Trump but doesn't even have a private Jet
Warren Buffet owns a private jet
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by Dcaliphate(m): 9:57am On Dec 17, 2016
sarrki:

That phones are called vertu

Almont 3million per one
Youve come again with this vertu bullshit, thats Nokia 6230i my friend!
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by tunazi(m): 9:57am On Dec 17, 2016
aaronson:

For F uck sake Warren Buffet is twice richer than Trump but doesn't even have a private Jet.

Warren Buffet owns a private jet
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by Btruth: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2016
sarrki:

Sure ?

They look like those old nokia phones though.

This rich people and class sometimes ehn?

angry
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by xwolverine: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2016
Young03:
nonsense , which one he come use de post for Twitter

Why do you think he posts on Twitter with a phone when you can perform the same task with a computer or an ipad.?
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by QuotaSystem: 10:05am On Dec 17, 2016
decomaniaboss:
Even if is a Nokia torchlight,is only becos most of those billionaires find the knew smartphones and technology difficult to operate ...so they rather settle for less stressful ones ...and still they'll always have and apple pad in their cars or homes to take selfie for twitter grin grin

So by your logic, most billionaires find new smartphones and technology difficult to operate so they settle for simple ones....

BUT they always have Apple iPads at home that they use to tweet?

Wow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by arabianights: 10:05am On Dec 17, 2016
ikp120:

Vertu goes for about 10k usd
AND what is rate of dollars Nigeria? He is right!

1 Like

Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by Postboiswag(m): 10:06am On Dec 17, 2016
Young03:

He may b using laptop for twitter
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by alizma: 10:06am On Dec 17, 2016
sarrki:

Sure ?
what he is holding are not the same with the picture of vertu that you post so who what are you saying? look at the two pictures very well and convince me that they are the same.
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by ikp120(m): 10:10am On Dec 17, 2016
arabianights:
AND what is rate of dollars Nigeria? He is right!

10k is at least #3.5mil. He said almost 3mil.

It is over 3mil mehn wink

1 Like

Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by Slimflame(m): 10:11am On Dec 17, 2016
sarrki:
Almont 3million per one
idiot
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by Themandator: 10:13am On Dec 17, 2016
justflow1:
Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people, this is not in the case of billionaire/business tycoon Femi Otedola who was spotted at Zahra Buhari's wedding ceremony today with these phones that my little sister would reject if i hand it over to her as a gift.
lol

He has a PA that does virtually everything you need a smartphone for and that person is not far off from this hall peering at the screen of the most expensive iPad to see which mail is coming and what needs immediate attention and that persons salary is many time the price of the most expensive gadget ever produced for business and pleasure ....go rex ,abeg
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by ikp120(m): 10:13am On Dec 17, 2016
Postboiswag:

He may b using laptop for twitter

Most rich men leave their big phones at home o. The thing is just one of their toys mehn.

He might even be showing that phone intentionally to send a false message to the youths.

#JustThinkingAloud
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by gragraboy: 10:14am On Dec 17, 2016
That no be Sagem?
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by crestedguy(m): 10:14am On Dec 17, 2016
Young03:
people are paid to handle the twitter account for them, the rich men,beside they don't use phone that have GPRS devices because when you use that it will be easier for you to be tracked,wise up,you will have 100k in your acct and you will be using phone of 350k, senseless
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by vampire2020: 10:16am On Dec 17, 2016
sarrki:

Almont 3million per one
uncle that not vertu oo shocked sad
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by project4OO: 10:16am On Dec 17, 2016
Many people don't get it.

Why would Otedola waste his time surfing the net when he has a lot of P.As to do the browsing?

In spite using those outdated phones, he has more information than some with Android because he's supplied more than enough iPADs/iPhones for his PAs.

If you can't afford the salary of 5 PAs, and you think you can cope with Nokia torchlight phones in the name of "humility", you need to have a rethink. An attempt to imitate him can ruin your life and your business. An average entrepreneur needs a sophisticated phone to succeed in a knowledge economy. Do not imitate him wrongly unless of course, you're ready for failure.

2 Likes

Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by arabianights: 10:17am On Dec 17, 2016
ikp120:

10k is at least #3.5mil. He said almost 3mil.

It is over 3mil mehn wink
It's over 4m... I hope you are not using cbn rate to calculate. Are you expecting bank to sell dollar to you to buy phone? Use black market rate shocked
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by ladiguy(m): 10:19am On Dec 17, 2016
Opakan2:
yorubas and Humility are like.. you know na

if na those flat headed beings now.. dem go carry gold plated iphones with their pictures imprinted on them
or make dem carry money spraying gun all in the bid to oppress

Why guy ? You no suppose start that . Try mature .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:22am On Dec 17, 2016
This won't be the first time, I will see a pics of him using small phones.
I do laugh when I see people that think buying expensive phones or cars distinguishes you from poor people.
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by djlaqua91(m): 10:24am On Dec 17, 2016
Phones like these are important for security reasons. Too many hackers and cyber-threats worldwide. Encryption is the way forward.

Be smart
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by FengChui(m): 10:25am On Dec 17, 2016
justflow1:
u deserve a very chilled Heineken

No, Orijin bitters or Big Stout!

1 Like

Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by ikp120(m): 10:25am On Dec 17, 2016
arabianights:
It's over 4m... I hope you are not using cbn rate to calculate. Are you expecting bank to sell dollar to you to buy phone? Use black market rate shocked

Yes it is. I said "at least #3.5mil"
Re: The Phones Spotted With Otedola At Zahra's Wedding Ceremony (Photo) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:29am On Dec 17, 2016
Reptyle:
Most of these big men carry these kinds of phones for security reasons.

Smartphones are easy to hack and track.
Your head dey dere. You sabi. Most of all these high definition phones could be tracked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Best Mobile Browser For Downloading Movies? / Glo Introduces N500 For 3GB Weekend Data Plan / Post Your Iphone 6 Funny Pictures Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.