Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? (13968 Views)

Tanzania's Idris Wins Big Brother Africa Hotshots [photos] / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Denzel And Huddah First To Be Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by jidobaba(m): 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
chidichris:

i am yet to hear one of us say she lied against nigeria.
we are mad and useless. nothing is working here and we hate truth like death.
hmmmn. thought-provoking.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by octokitty(f): 2:17pm On Nov 16, 2009
chidichris------------its not by condeming dis great nation nigeria u make it better,its starting with you/do we want to start naming d problems naija has or dat of Africa or dat of d world?How many of d big broda housemates runs down his/her country like she does?she could ve started a change by promoting us,would there be any help if we dont tell the world that we are capable of being helped!!!This problems are there but is dat all wat we are all abt?Even with all said and done,i am currently unemployed and living not as expected but u knw wat  I AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN AND I BELIEVE IN MY COUNTRY AND I BELIEVE IN ME!!!!
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by chukz4real(m): 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2009
@Chidichris, I suppose you are from thesame family with Nkenna. You are even calling the power outage a failure, I dont know if your 1780 wooden television showed you something different from what we watched. During the so called power outage in the stadium, the score board was on as well as every other lights within and around the stadium. Remember, the lights went off about 2 minutes the fireworks started.

@Chidichris
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by airzzee(m): 3:28pm On Nov 16, 2009
I do not know what you are talking. The truth is that most Nigerians like pretenses. We are mainly made up of imposters: your parents are poor, u say you are Abiola's daughter/son; u cannot eat one a day, u say u are a millionaire; u buy Yaba bend-down select you say it was bought when u went for summer hols or sent by ur twin brother in California. The core whiteman we try to copy (though wrongly) is not like that.

WHAT IS WRONG IN SOMEBODY SAYING THE TRUTH. SHE'S HONEST, SHE'S HERSELF. THAT'S IT. A COLLEAGUE OF MINE ONCE SAID SHE HATES NKENNA B/C HER ENGLISH IS VERY 'IGBOTIC' CAN U SEE HOW NIGERIANS REASON? THE WAY I HANDLED HER, SHE FELT ASHAMED OF HERSELF & NEVER REPEATED THAT RUBBISH. I ASKED HER, B/C U R A NGN, DT S Y U COMPLY, YET U ADMIRE ACCENTS IN THE ENGLISH SPOKEN BY THE AFRICAN HOUSEMATES, WHICH OF COURSE IS NEITHER THE STANDARD FORM NOR AMERICAN. IF NIGERIANS LIKE SHAMS AND PRETENCES, I HATE IT. NKENNA IS HERSELF PERIOD!!!!

COME TO THINK ABOUT IT, WHY DO YOU THINK, OTHER AFRICANS LIKE HER. SHE HAS COME OUT FOR EVICTION & WAS RETURNED TO THE HOUSE. WAS IT BY MAGIC?

AGAIN, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY NIGERIANS WOMEN TODAY THAT CANNOT COOK? DO NOT TRANSFER PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITY TO THE POOR GIRL. MAYBE, THE PARENTS NEVER WANTED HER TO COOK, JUST LIKE SOME OF YOU WOULD END UP ADVOCATING THAT COOKING SHOULD BE FOR CHEFS & HOUSE-HELPS & NOT YOUR CHILDREN.

THE ONLY THING SHE DID THAT I DIDN'T LIKE IS TO SPEAK BAD OF A FELLOW NIGERIAN, KEVIN. YET SHE DID NOT SWAP HIM WHEN SHE WAS HOH!!! I THINK SHE IS ALSO REDRESSING HER STEPS.

IN ANY CASE, BBR IS A GAME, WHICH PEOPLE PLAY THE BEST WAY THEY CAN. THE ULTIMATE IS WIN. DO U EVEN KNO WHETHER THE STORIES YOU HEARD ARE FABRICATED TO AROUSE EMPATHY? IN ONE OF THE BBA SERIES, A GIRL (NOT A NIGERIAN NOW0 CONFESSED THAT SHE HAD BEEN RAPED. IT COULD BE LIE. EVEN IF IT IS TRUE, WHAT'S WRONG ABOUT SAYING THE TRUTH??

DO NOT BE SURPRISED, NKENNA MAY BE IN THE LAST THREE, WAIT & SEE.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by katreena: 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2009
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] anytime d camera focuses on nkenna my tv automatically goes off.
we have our probs in nigeria but that does not mean we shud wash our dirty linen in public.
pls she shud come back home, she aint winnin the money anyway, and save us more embarrasment.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by Kx: 3:43pm On Nov 16, 2009
Nkenna speaks english with force and power.
why dont she communicate in perhaps ibo or pidgin english,
she's comm with huge difficulty.

Her make ups,self carriage and face are not helping her at all.

She could be better.
I think she's simply taking d game too serious
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by jinski: 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2009
Nkenna is not and can never be, the animal community sef go reject am, yeye bush girl.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by chidichris(m): 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2009
well, am not hear to join issues with hypocrites but let us accept it that nkenna is a very good example of what nigeria is today.
leave the bba out of it as that is simply a show.
99% of our graduates today are less than illiterates. just take a trip to our banking halls and open communication with the bankers and hear them bring u down to, WELL SHA AND AS IN discussions.
find out from ppl at different employment centers and they will ask u how u refered someone of this quality to them for employment.
we are perfect in hiding our negativities and by so doing, making no efforts to correct what we lack.
our educational system is what nkenna is displaying in the bba and i bet u, she is among the best as far as nigeria is concerned.
we have a decayed system that will do no magic in producing sound people.
look at the shames of nigerian professors and doctors who are supposed to be our role model.
can any one of us here be proud to mention prof iwu as his role model or bode george as his role model.
the earlier we learn to expose our problems and work towards them the better as it is scientifically proved that no problem gets solution without identification.
we must identify our problem before we start looking for solution; there will be no point discussing the solution to unknown problems.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by Esejojo: 4:10pm On Nov 16, 2009
@ Poster: Read through your statement which I copied out so as you can read through and tell me what you find odd in it

I am not really one to bring up such issues, except in the confines of my home and with my family, but watching Big brother lately, I had little choice.
There is this contestant called Nkenna in the house, SHE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A NIGERIAN AND "IGBO" FOR THAT MATTER.

Why the emphasis on her ethnic group? Educate me.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by zeedee(f): 4:42pm On Nov 16, 2009
@ Poster: Big Brother is crap. That should give you a clue?
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by Pappyman: 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2009
chidichris:

well, am not hear to join issues with hypocrites but let us accept it that nkenna is a very good example of what nigeria is today.
99% of our graduates today are less than illiterates. just take a trip to our banking halls and open communication with the bankers and hear them bring u down to, WELL SHA AND AS IN discussions.
find out from ppl at different employment centers and they will ask u how u refered someone of this quality to them for employment.
we are perfect in hiding our negativities and by so doing, making no efforts to correct what we lack.
our educational system is what nkenna is displaying in the bba and i bet u, she is among the best as far as nigeria is concerned.
look at the shames of nigerian professors and doctors who are supposed to be our role model.
can any one of us here be proud to mention prof iwu as his role model or bode george as his role model.
the earlier we learn to expose our problems and work towards them the better as it is scientifically proved that no problem gets solution without identification.
we must identify our problem before we start looking for solution; there will be no point discussing the solution to unknown problems.

Mr know it all, what solution will this ridicule on an International Television bring to us then.This is not about english speaking but a case of being uncouth and not having proper upbringing.My grandmother in the village knows that there are some things you cannot say about your household in the public and that's what people are complaining about Nkenna.She's just naturally uncultured and that does not have anything to do with literacy or english speaking.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by Spike88(f): 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2009
Between Rita of kokomansion and Nkenna?

I choose Rita! At least she does not pretend to have what she doesn't.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by Pappyman: 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2009
Spike88:

Between Rita of kokomansion and Nkenna?

I choose Rita! At least she does not pretend to have what she doesn't.
Sis., na wa o.Why did you bring Rita's case up again.Please, don't spoil my evening o.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by Ofuks(m): 5:07pm On Nov 16, 2009
Guys atleast the lady (Nkenna) didnt hide her true feelings, however I dont believe that she deserves calling herself a celebrity or maybe a role mdel for an idiot!
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by 22medinat(f): 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2009
BB just left nkenna there to ridicule nigeria,if not how on earth did she get into the house in the first place with all her aatitude and carriage.she is not representing naija well at all,i thank God she is not yhe only nigerian in the house.imagine the way she talks ill,of naija and her people,nigeria is 100 times better than tanzania,zimbabwe,and mozambique,
shes very uncultured
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by Spike88(f): 5:15pm On Nov 16, 2009
Sis., na wa o.Why did you bring Rita's case up again.Please, don't spoil my evening o/quote]

Pappy, sorry o! ROFL

p.s. pardon my quoting inability.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by bestvera: 6:54pm On Nov 16, 2009
Apart from the fact she talks too much, she is so ugly with big round head, this morning I was watching her talking rubbish as usual, that BB is rubbish, most times I just turn to the station when I am done for the day, then turn off the TV.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by nellaluv(f): 7:22pm On Nov 16, 2009
Checkit out
Nkenna: I don't fart in public, i fart in the toilet and flush shocked shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin grin
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by soki2ng(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2009
nellaluv:

Checkit out
Nkenna: I don't fart in public, i fart in the toilet and flush shocked shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin grin

LMAO wow,  this one landed me on the floor with serious headache giving, tears dropping , ribs Paining laughter,  OMG

Nigeria has Problems (We all know) Nkenna is just educating the international community of those problems in detail which i dont support, but who knows maybe this way solutions may come out

Celebrity? yes they all are, but the kind of Love Kevin and geraldine will get when they come back, Nkenna will definitely not get it.
Internet scammers have done and still doing there own, and all Nigerians have been labelled as "SCAMMERS" the world over.
now Nkenna has done her own, my heart goes out to Nigerians abroad who will have to explain themselves to curious ppl,
i know i've answered my share of questions from ppl who believe the entire Nigerian population do Scamming.

i dont care about her cooking or eating habits, thats her style, eating like the food is running
Yes, she is just being herself like Mzamo, the only thing she did wrong is "OPEN NIGERIA"S YANSH TO EVEN PPL WHO DONT WANT TO KNOW"

I'm Not bashing the Girl oohh, i'm just commenting on her behavior in that show.
How come none of u have mentioned her

"I SWEAR BY MY MOTHERS GRAVE" lol
"HMM IF I"M LYING LET MY FATHER DIE BEFORE I GET BACK"
yes she said these and more,
its good to be a free spirit but, I just wish she will think about what she is about to say before she says it.
when Nkenna talks my grand mother suddenly remembers that i have changed the channel from African magic.
I like how she easily forgave Kevin for nominating her sha,
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by k4kenny(f): 8:18pm On Nov 16, 2009
well there is nothing the chick can do or say that can shock me any more.
oto there is always a good to every bad side. in nkenna's case, at least shes not forming fake phonee or sayng shes sumthing shes not. and haba are lies are tooo much even using the Bible in an instance while lying to itai (yall remember that). that was the height for me. those evil stories of hers are just too embarassing to watch, though sum of them are true . shes likr a dream come true for africans looking for every opportunity to ridicule nigeria (southern africans), thats why shes getting massive supprot from that region.

@ chidi chris
99% of our [b]graduates [/b]today are less than illiterates. just take a trip to our banking halls and open communication with the bankers and hear them bring u down to, WELL SHA AND AS IN discussions.

well, maybe 'graduates' from your village schools
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2009
No comment lol
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by rasputinn(m): 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2009
Why waste your time watching big brother??it's a show that features lazy people who have little or nothing upstairs will mostly very loose or low moral nous,such people have nothing to offer me
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by adconline(m): 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2009
this woman sounds like Egoo and Carol in Living in Bondage. She is loud and mouthy
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by jiniux(m): 10:24pm On Nov 16, 2009
soki2ng:

"I SWEAR BY MY MOTHERS GRAVE" lol
"HMM IF I"M LYING LET MY FATHER DIE BEFORE I GET BACK"
yes she said these and more,

Are u sure she actually said that, saying such abt her dad and mum's grave. shocked

cos of 200,000 dollars shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by dROC1: 10:56pm On Nov 16, 2009
jiniux:

Are u sure she actually said that, saying such abt her dad and mum's grave. shocked

cos of 200,000 dollars shocked shocked shocked shocked

yes she said that word for word to Emma when she confronted her about Elizabeths disclosure that she actually planned to get Emma & Jeremy up together. I feel its not necessary for a well brought up girl to use her father's life to deny an allegation of which she was obviously guilty. She should leave her mum to rest in peace too.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by tayoast(m): 11:30pm On Nov 16, 2009
jiniux:

Are u sure she actually said that, saying such abt her dad and mum's grave
cos of 200,000 dollars

Oh yes she did!!!!

rasputinn:

Why waste your time watching big brother??[/b]it's a show that [b]features lazy people who have little or nothing upstairs will mostly very loose or low moral nous

really?
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by stede(m): 2:24am On Nov 17, 2009
a bunch of trash
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by naliakar: 4:05am On Nov 17, 2009
Nkenna is doing her thing the best way she knows. And she is more beautiful than the average Nigerian girl and so a fitting representative. Besides big brother is no place for reality. It is a character she is putting on. And who says most Igbo ladies don't behave that way especially when they are able to speak a few English words. Leave the girl alone.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by marocguy(m): 5:39am On Nov 17, 2009
Nkenna's not doing well n u guys r not doin well here too by shoutin here. Let her try her best win or fail n come bk then criticize her n dats better when she can hear u!,
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by marocguy(m): 5:40am On Nov 17, 2009
Nkenna's not doing well n u guys r not doin well here too by shoutin here. Let her try her best win or fail n come bk then criticize her n dats better when she can hear u!,
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by ShadyDeal(m): 8:01am On Nov 17, 2009
@Chidichris

[/quote]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we must identify our problem before we start looking for solution; there will be no point discussing the solution to unknown problems. [quote]

I was of the opinion that chidichris is just daft. But further critical diagnosis of his case from the above comments has revealed that he is critically sick and patently incapable of understanding the issues. Looking at the portion of his comments that I highlighted above, he is very right to say Nigerian graduates are of low quality. That includes him because there is no word like "shames" in english language. And "negativities", though a word in english language has been put to the most inappriopriate use by chidichris.

Beside chidichris' inherent deficiencies and his barely literate nature, it must be pointed out to him that solutions to the problems of Nigeria cannot be found on BBA even if all the housemates are Nigerians with Nkenna's warped sense of patriotism. It beats me that somebody of a sane mind and disposition will therefore rise in defence of such a rotten housemate like Nkenna. Ever heard of not washing your dirty linen in public? I advise that you stop advertising how little you know and how sick you are, especially as Nkenna your sister is already doing a bad job of that on continental television.
Re: Nkenna (big Brother Africa), A Model Of A Nigerian Woman? by otukpo(f): 8:08am On Nov 17, 2009
i have not watched BBA3 for once but from what i gather from this thread, Nkenna or whatever she is called cannot be in any way likened to the average nigerian girl. Nigerian girls are way too classy and cultured more than what am reading abt nkenna. Except the person saying that nkenna is a true reflection of nigerian girls is comparing her with the kind of sisters he or she has. the average Imo girl is way more refined than this not to talk of somebody who is in the university. And to say that her mouth runs like an open tap, am sorry for her family, cos she is doing more harm to them. who sent nkenna there? They will have themselves to blame and am sure they are regreting it already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Next Movie Star Reality Show / Who Is To Blame For The Piracy Of Half Of A Yellow Sun? / Wildfire - A Short Film Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.