Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Can Divorce Be Justified? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Divorce Be Justified? (629 Views)

He Is Going For A Divorce' Is He Justified? / Was My Mother Justified To Slap My Wife? / Shocker!!dating A Married Man Justified By This Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Divorce Be Justified? by policy12: 10:41am On Dec 18, 2016
From the religion point of view especially the Christian angle divorce is not to talk about, with so many scripture backing it up: I guess the same is applicable to other religions though I stand to be corrected. Back to the topic my ppu on what ground shu a couple divorce?

Re: Can Divorce Be Justified? by wordbank(m): 10:43am On Dec 18, 2016
Adultery, but for those who can deal with it they can move on with their marriage.
Re: Can Divorce Be Justified? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:45am On Dec 18, 2016
Adultery... That's the only scriptural ground for divorce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Divorce Be Justified? by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 18, 2016
Quick question: Isn't it foolishness to still decide to spend your life with someone who you no longer love or have any sexual attraction towards, and who things aren't working between the two of you? Isn't it common sense to just end the relationship and be happy?

Someone above posited adultery as the only justifiable reason to end a marriage. So, what about physical and emotional abuse? Isn't that a more tenable reason to end a marriage? How about being in a marriage with someone who is lazy, wasteful with resources, and doesn't share your short or long term goals? Isn't that a better ground for divorce than adultery?

I am not entirely against religion, but I don't see why anyone needs to apply its injunctions and edicts when making important decisions concerning their marriage.

1 Like

Re: Can Divorce Be Justified? by Mutuwa(m): 10:54am On Dec 18, 2016
wordbank:
Adultery, but [b]for those who can deal with it they can move on with their marriage. [/b]

This is why it is recommended Op.Not everyone can deal with it.Even if you dream of it,you may want to create an issue with your spouse,when you wake up from sleep.
Re: Can Divorce Be Justified? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
Marriage is a blessing, It's a union that is supposed to give your life purpose(kids) and hope(Dreams and aspirations)

And most importantly, it's supposed to make your life "EASIER"

That being said............ I won't "justify" divorce(irrespective of the circumstances, its never a good thing)

However, beyond that I do recognize that a dissolution of a marriage may be necessary in cases of infidelity, spousal abuse, alcoholism, and the safety and welfare of the spouse and children.

If there can be "no trust" between a couple then the marriage is already over and the "divorce" becomes a mere formality.

(1) (Reply)

If You Can Turn Back The Hands Of Time What Would You Change? / "If I No See Husband In 2017, I'll Steal Someone's Own" Nigerian Lady Declares / When Should I Start Dating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.