Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

A World Without God And Death of Civilization! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A World Without God And Death of Civilization! (12267 Views)

The Only Country In The World Without A Single Church / Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? / Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 19, 2016
Incest is practically supported in the Bible.
And the societies that practice incest are largely theistic.

1 Like

Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by availableisme: 11:05am On Dec 19, 2016
[quote author=PastorAIO post=52063850]

hmmm...

Darwin's TOE is still the go to model for seeking explanations for Everything. Literally everything. The fact that the theory is still undergoing development doesn't change that. In fact, everything in science can be developed or reviewed at any point.

Arguing into the future is not a healthy way to state facts. Evolution theory is still in its infancy and can only account for less than 10% of any form of knowledge so why use it as an authority when its still in the works. If something isnt conclusive then its not a go to model for anything YET!

Spontaneous order, also named self-organization in the hard sciences, is the spontaneous emergence of order out of seeming chaos. -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_order

Again order cannot emerge from chaos. Statistics refutes this. We can statistically attempt this and show the probability of its oocurence going by the acclaimed age of the earth and if we arrive at a figure like 1 in a quadrillion would you still think it would be possible for order to emerge from chaos especially when the said order from chaos had to repeat itself in millions of ways. Can anyone be that lucky?

Groups of human beings, left free to each regulate themselves, tend to produce spontaneous order, rather than the meaningless chaos often feared. This has been observed in society at least since Chuang Tzu in ancient China. A classic traffic roundabout is a good example, with cars moving in and out with such effective organization that some modern cities have begun replacing stoplights at problem intersections with traffic circles [4], and getting better results. Open-source software and Wiki projects form an even more compelling illustration.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence#Spontaneous_order

You are talking about evolution and now you shift to humans. Was evolution intelligent or random? Choose one please?

Anger, hatred, and bitterness can be easily explained by Evolution Theory. They serve to further an individuals success in the intense competition called life.

So love does not further ones intense competition in the evolutionary process? Is incest not love based?
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by shadeyinka(m): 11:06am On Dec 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Religion has always existed . Even the Pre-Adamites were religious , as far as 300,000 thousand years ago, they practiced what is called urreligion .A from of natural religion or natural theology the type the deists practice . Even the Pre-Adamites with their low intelligence did understand that nature had a creator . Urreligion was said to be of divine origin , it was monotheistic in nature though arguable . It then progressed into animism then organized religion which came with polytheism and used as a tool for exploitation and mass control purposes .
And that is why Incest can only be proved as wrong from theistic point of view(with or without conception). Wouldn't incest eventually destroy the fabric of civilization if allowed?

They are still avoiding by the question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by availableisme: 11:08am On Dec 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

But Biblical Patriarchs were all incestuous.

Can you mention these patriarchs please
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by shadeyinka(m): 11:08am On Dec 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
We have seen atheists assent to incest and bestiality

Incest : https://www.nairaland.com/3202859/nairaland-atheists-incest-right-wrong

Bestiality :https://www.nairaland.com/3246878/nairaland-atheists-bestiality-right-wrong

Atheist know that incest will destroy the society but their clamour for liberalism and rationalism will leadbthem to a different conclusion
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 19, 2016
Anas09:

You mean Jacob committed incest with his wives?

Sarai was not Abram's mother's daughter. Good try at grapping straws.

shadeyinka:

Atheist know that incest will destroy the society but their clamour for liberalism and rationalism will leadbthem to a different conclusion

Jacobs wives Rachel and Leah were his cousins hence incest.

Exodus 6:20 And Amram took him Jochebed his father's sister to wife; and she bare him Aaron and Moses: and the years of the life of Amram were an hundred and thirty and seven years. Moses and Aaron products of incest

Exodus 15:20 And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances. If miriam is Aarons sister isn't she also moses's sister? Therefore their relationship was incest.

Instead of asking why atheists don't support incest maybe the theists should ask themselves the dame question. And also ask why God didn't condemn any of this
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by shadeyinka(m): 11:11am On Dec 19, 2016
Edenoscar:

They all pretended as if it didnt exist, smh for these guys

...looking for agentofallahs leadership? SMH!
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:13am On Dec 19, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

tell me why Paedophilia is not OK using quotes from your Bible

Paedophilia is under lust and fornication - which are abominated in the bible. As far you are filled with lust towards anyone no matter the age , its a sin .
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by availableisme: 11:13am On Dec 19, 2016
LightandDarkness:

Jacobs wives Rachel and Leah were his cousins hence incest.

Exodus 6:20 And Amram took him Jochebed his father's sister to wife; and she bare him Aaron and Moses: and the years of the life of Amram were an hundred and thirty and seven years. Moses and Aaron products of incest

Exodus 15:20 And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances. If miriam is Aarons sister isn't she also moses's sister? Therefore their relationship was incest.

Instead of asking why atheists don't support incest maybe the theists should ask themselves the dame question. And also ask why God didn't condemn any of this

Sir Does Exodus come before Leviticus? When did the law begin? When was it given? When was the law against incest given? Was it in exodus or in Leviticus?
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by Ranchhoddas: 11:14am On Dec 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

People have committed mass suicide : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_suicide

And millions have committed suicide within a very short period of time : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Leap_Forward

As far as there is exception even if it is just one , it renders your argument invalid .
Exceptions do not render rules invalid. There have also been mass suicide in churches. Ever heard of the 'Kool-aid' Reverend Jim Jones?
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by availableisme: 11:16am On Dec 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Exceptions do not render rules invalid. There have also been mass suicide in churches. Ever heard of the 'Kool-aid' Reverend Jim Jones?

Jim Jones was an Agnostic atheist. Do not get it wrong. He was an agnostic atheist who murdered a grand total of 909 people.
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by shadeyinka(m): 11:17am On Dec 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

This is some deep information you're dropping here. I recommend that the op should research up and follow his references.

thanks AgentofAllah.

Morality isnt a by product of evolution. In evolution, there is selection based on death and weakness for those who do not conform. However in this case, there is no historical evidence to show the effect of incest on the society.

Does any culture in the world know (apart from scientific studies) why incest is not healthy/moral for the society
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by felixomor: 11:19am On Dec 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Paedophilia is under lust and fornication - which are abominated in the bible. As far you are filled with lust towards anyone no matter the age , its a sin .

Gbam! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by PastorAIO: 11:19am On Dec 19, 2016
Anas09:

You mean Jacob committed incest with his wives?

Sarai was not Abram's mother's daughter. Good try at grapping straws.

Genesis 29:

14 Then Laban said to him, “You are my own flesh and blood.” After Jacob had stayed with him for a whole month,
15 Laban said to him, “Just because you are a relative of mine, should you work for me for nothing? Tell me what your wages should be.”
16 Now Laban had two daughters; the name of the older was Leah, and the name of the younger was Rachel.
17 Leah had weak eyes, but Rachel had a lovely figure and was beautiful.
18 Jacob was in love with Rachel and said, “I’ll work for you seven years in return for your younger daughter Rachel.”

Genesis 20:12
And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 19, 2016
availableisme:

Sir Does Exodus come before Leviticus? When did the law begin? When was it given? When was the law against incest given? Was it in exodus or in Leviticus?

Leviticus comes after however why was it okay in exodus and not okay in Leviticus? Surely God didn't just wait for moses Jacob Amram Cain etc to commit incest before he decided to prohibit it?

What if the levites were just ultraconservative and moses had the right idea?
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by Anas09: 11:20am On Dec 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

We all have a survival instinct. Yet there are people who commit suicide.

Just because you have a few people doing something doesn't mean that Evolution hasn't by and large favoured the opposite.

ps. have you any word on Abraham's incestuous relationship with Sarai, his wife? Or Jacob's with Leah and Rebekah?
Here are the Scriptures agaisnt Incest. Except you are saying that Yahweh will put his Laws and turn around and break them.

Amplified Bible Leviticus 18:1-2,6-17,22-25

And the Lord said to Moses, Say to the Israelites, I am the Lord your God.

None of you shall approach anyone close of kin to him to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.

The unclothedness of your father, which is the unclothedness of your mother, you shall not uncover; she is your mother; you shall not have intercourse with her.

The unclothedness of your father’s wife you shall not uncover; it is your father’s unclothedness.

You shall not have intercourse with or uncover the unclothedness of your sister, the daughter of your father or of your mother, whether born at home or born abroad.

You must not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; their unclothedness you shall not uncover, for they are your own flesh.

You must not have intercourse with your father’s wife’s daughter; begotten by your father, she is your sister; you shall not uncover her unclothedness. You shall not have intercourse with your father’s sister; she is your father’s near kinswoman.

You shall not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, for she is your mother’s near kinswoman.

You shall not have intercourse with your father’s brother’s wife; you shall not approach his wife; she is your aunt.

You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your daughter-in-law; she is your son’s wife; you shall not have intercourse with her.

You shall not have intercourse with your brother’s wife; she belongs to your brother. You shall not marry a woman and her daughter, nor shall you take her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter to have intercourse; they are [her] near kinswomen; it is wickedness and an outrageous offense.

You shall not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Neither shall you lie with any beast and defile yourself with it; neither shall any woman yield herself to a beast to lie with it; it is confusion, perversion, and degradedly carnal.

Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, for in all these things the nations are defiled which I am casting out before you.

And the land is defiled; therefore I visit the iniquity of it upon it, and the land itself vomits out her inhabitants.

Note. In the case of Abram and Sarai. Abram married Sarai long before Yahweh called them out of Mesopotamia. They werent married according to the laws of Yahweh.

Jacob was forced, he was decieved and woodwinked by Laban who was a Syrian, (not a Jew) to marry Leah when he was in love with Rachel.

These things were done are still being done freely in Syria and other surrounding Nations. Theres still somuch incest in Islam today, but its closed up.

The Jewish law forbits it.

But Yahweh overlooked certain things as at when he hasnt given his laws yet, but when those laws were exterblished, everyone was required to live within the confinds of those laws.

Acts 17:30 God has overlooked the times when people did not know him, but now he commands all of them everywhere to turn away from their evil ways.

I will need you to point to anyother case of incest in the Bible after the law was given.
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:20am On Dec 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

It was not a rule in the first place undecided .
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by PastorAIO: 11:21am On Dec 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

All are assumptions . Anything about emotions in evolution is based on assumptions .

What about embarrassment , shame and feeling humiliated , they didn't make the cut ?

These are all easily explained by evolution theories.
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

What if they are married. Then it's no longer fornication and the "lust" is no longer lust but love between a married couple, a man and a 12 year old girl.

1 Like

Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by shadeyinka(m): 11:22am On Dec 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
People are naturally not attracted to members of their family, the same way we are naturally averse to suicide or mass murder. That is why he said that religion or culture are simply secondary regulators against such behaviour. We are evolutionarily primed to see them as wrong. That's his argument.

You have chosen some wrong things to compare!
Look at the supposed direct effect of incest, can you compare it with suicide or mass murder?

You may argue about biological evolution but social evolution NEED EVIDENCE not speculations. Social evolution is a result of choices between Cause and Effect.

Probe me wrong!
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by shadeyinka(m): 11:22am On Dec 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
People are naturally not attracted to members of their family, the same way we are naturally averse to suicide or mass murder. That is why he said that religion or culture are simply secondary regulators against such behaviour. We are evolutionarily primed to see them as wrong. That's his argument.

Look at the supposed direct effect of incest, can you compare it with suicide or mass murder?

You may argue about biological evolution but social evolution NEED EVIDENCE not speculations. Social evolution is a result of choices between Cause and Effect.

Prove me wrong!
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by availableisme: 11:22am On Dec 19, 2016
LightandDarkness:

Leviticus comes after however why was it okay in exodus and not okay in Leviticus? Surely God didn't just wait for moses Jacob Amram Cain etc to commit incest before he decided to prohibit it?

What if the levites were just ultraconservative and moses had the right idea?

You miss the point. The law brings awareness. If there was no law there would be no awareness am i right or wrong? After the law was given in Leviticus was there any other recorded act of incest?
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by PastorAIO: 11:23am On Dec 19, 2016
Lennycool:
Incest is practically supported in the Bible.
And the societies that practice incest are largely theistic.

Too much incest in theistic societies throughout history.

1 Like

Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by Ranchhoddas: 11:27am On Dec 19, 2016
availableisme:

Jim Jones was an Agnostic atheist. Do not get it wrong. He was an agnostic atheist who murdered a grand total of 909 people.
An atheist Reverend. I see .
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by availableisme: 11:28am On Dec 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
An atheist Reverend. I see .

Google is a click away for you.
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 19, 2016
availableisme:

You miss the point. The law brings awareness. If there was no law there would be no awareness am i right or wrong? After the law was given in Leviticus was there any other recorded act of incest?

No there wasn't I see your point but what about mine why was it okay then but not later. Surely God would always have known it was wrong?
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by Ranchhoddas: 11:29am On Dec 19, 2016
Do you now agree that we are biologically averse to incest?
shadeyinka:

Prove me wrong!
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by shadeyinka(m): 11:30am On Dec 19, 2016
Edenoscar:

Can you please demonstrate how incest will lead to the end of civilization, where did you carry out your observations, how did you test your hypothesis

I am sure you have read about effect of inbreeding (we even prevent our farm animals from doing that)
You know that our society thrives on Social Strata and Respect- show me how a father can control the daughter she bleeps

I guess whatever is done by animals in the jungle is OK for humans, then what is civilization when you are not different from baboons?

If civilization is going back to the animistic stage where like a he-goat, a 19 year old son would be pursuing his mother about the house for sex: your idea of civilization is skewed!
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by availableisme: 11:32am On Dec 19, 2016
LightandDarkness:

No there wasn't I see your point but what about mine why was it okay then but not later. Surely God would always have known it was wrong?

I cannot offer speculative answers but can only give you what i am sure about. If God did not mention it before Leviticus then it must have been for a reason. Same way a program can be rewritten on a system if the old one has served its purpose.

I thank you for admitting that there was no other recorded acts of incest after the law was given. This then begins to give you a clue about how Christian morality came to be. The law of moses made sure we were aware of the sin. The law woke us up to the reality of sin. Jesus now came and condemned sin In the flesh and gave us his spirit and a new law.

I hope you can relate
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by Ranchhoddas: 11:33am On Dec 19, 2016
How about you do it yourself and provide the link? Kindly post the parts of the article that support your statement.
availableisme:

Google is a click away for you.
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by Anas09: 11:33am On Dec 19, 2016
akintom:

This is obviously a normal trend of civilization. Just as we still have culture that neither criminalizes or victimizes incest -

Incest is sexual activity between family members or close
relatives.

This typically includes sexual activity between people in a consanguineous relationship (blood relations), and sometimes those related by affinity , such as individuals of the same household , step relatives, those related by
adoption or marriage , or members of the same clan or
lineage .

You will do well to state this your "wonderful" logic.

You will do well to isolate yourself from bunch of NL mischievous and ignorant apologists who don't know the basic differences between religion and a mere belief system.

*an end of religion is an end of implicit and explicit idiocy and delusion, of the religious type.

*an end of religion, is an end to vicious hatred, victimization, segregation and terrorism.

*an end to religion, is an end to indoctrination of children against critical reasoning, creative thinking inhibitions, and rejection of inimical myths and superstitions.

*an end to religion, is an end to psychological traumatizing of children with horrific, monstrous and ubiquitous skydaddy, that poke nose around and will throw them to hell, if its nonsensical rules are not obeyed.

Another puerile and foolish vomit of a typical apologist, on atheistic position.

Atheists accept in the present, homosexuality as a variant and NOT deviant sexual orientation. Based on this knowledge, they shouldn't be subjected to harassment, victimization and criminalization, based on religious laws, that are in the first place not informed by any known sound or scientific reasoning.

That same logic? I have told you the definition of that "same" logic as nonsensical.

Wrong questions on wrong premises.

Non religious beliefs have advanced the world, to beautiful and beneficial level we are witnessing. As against the primitive and stone age that religion will prefer it remains.

This further confirm the disease of "over assumption in idiocy", that plagues most apologists. No one is as pathetic as a chronic case of religious delusion.
I have just one thing to say to you, As much as i do not know how you guys intent to do it, You can wipe religion out (I support it 100%), but let me imform you that, you cannot wipe Christianity out, because true Christianity is not religion.
Re: A World Without God And Death of Civilization! by Anas09: 11:34am On Dec 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Oga to every rule, there will always be few exceptions, are there no Christians commiting incest? In fact, majority of the incestuous people are not atheists as they always blame the Devil whenever they are caught.
You have said nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? / Little Things You Do That Will Trigger The Curse Of Hell Fire / How Could you claim you Know God Yet Lack Power To Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.