Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) (44014 Views)

Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? / Bishop Oyedepo: 10,000 Winners Chapel Members Qualified To Be President / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Olaniyi021(m): 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
Wallahi, this is one chance for sure.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Lol, you missed it. For Lazarus to be in Heaven means he's the richest.

I wish that you prosper even as your health prospereth. who said it in the Bible?.

u are the one thats missing it, for every part blessing and prosperity was mentioned in the bible you tend to acrue it to physical riches, the bible recorded that lazarous was poor on earth and always go to eath from the food that falls from the table of the rich man, N.B, i didnt say lazarous was in heaven but in the bosom of abraham as the bible stated.

3 john 1:2 a letter from saint john to gaius.

1 Like

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Zenlife: 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
kingaaj:
Lolz is Nigerian Christian different from other Christians?

Yes ooo.
They have their own version of Christianity.
Their own version of praise and worship.
Their own version of night vigil.
Their own version of tithes
Their own version of God
Their own beliefs.
Their own sh.it!
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by nwamehn: 3:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
itekzone:
You can be rich without being blessed, but you cannot be blessed without being rich. Remember, blessings do not only mean money and material possessions. Have you heard the saying..."health is wealth"? Ask Steve Jobs

Sir, if u ar rich, u ar blessed. Being rich is just part of blessings as much as being healthy, experiencing marital bliss, etc ar. The dictionary defines blessing as a favor or gift bestowed by God, thereby bringing happiness. Even the Bible said that the blessings of God maketh rich and addeth no sorrow.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by notoriousbabe: 3:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
lastpage:

25th - Christmas Day, is already a public holiday

26th - Boxing day, already a Public holiday.

Buhari does not need to declare anything, it is always a Public Holiday before he was born.

Lastpage!
the man has tooked everything from us, I hope he won't take Christmas and boxing days too from us cry
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
alterswerve:

I read the Wikipedia article on him. This is what i saw

'From the beginning, I was trained to work, to save, and to give' (not tithe, give)

At age 16, he gave 6%, then moved on to above 10%....

I saw this on two sites..

His philosophy of giving was founded upon biblical principles. He truly believed in the biblical principle found in Luke 6:38, “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

He was a giver.. Christianity preaches giving. Judaism preaches tithing. Even Jews of today don't tithe anymore. They do charity.

Do you tithe? Why are you not as rich as he was.. Why are many Christians who tithe still broke?

You could have added strength to your point by showing that even the objective and method of tithing today is contrary to what scripture says. Please read from Deut 14:23 onwards with an open mind

In addition while I support methodically giving i.e 5% 10% or even 60% and over all Christian have been purchased by the blood and therefore ALL they have belongs to God. What the NT asks for is a free will gift not an imposition temple tax! There cannot be a tax on children because Kings do not tax their own children. Matthew17: 26

Free will giving only.

May God help Christians to break free of religion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by dodobytes: 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
EmmzyWhite:
Well said my Father in the Lord.
Quote me wrongly and u won't see the end of this year

your father in the Lord will cringe at your post....disgrace!!
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by freshboi88: 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
iambliss:

Its a good thing you chose not to argue cause you can't argue with the truth. That truth says
[NLT] Malachi 3:8 “Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! “But you ask, ‘What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?’ “You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me.
[NLT] Malachi 3:9 You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me.
[NLT] Malachi 3:10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!

So not paying tithes is cheating or robbing God which attracts a curse while paying attracts a blessing so big you won't have room to contain it.

I did not write that scripture, I simply read it and I obey it and it works. Try it too like God said in verse 10.

U r quoting scripture for me wen I'm not fighting with you, we both agree that tithe is important as u have clearly stated in d book of malachi. I agree..... So where does d Bible say tht only those that pay tithe receive God's blessing??
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by IncredibleJoe(m): 3:19pm On Dec 20, 2016
EmmzyWhite:

Is that what ur father in the Lord is teaching you?? How sure are you that u will see the end of the year??

Let him that standeth take heed lest he fall
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by ichuka(m): 3:20pm On Dec 20, 2016
notoriousbabe:
Dangote is a Muslim him money na curse?
So moni na blessing?
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by iambliss: 3:20pm On Dec 20, 2016
dyydxx:

tithing isn't for the born again believer. Are you a Jew? are you under the Mosaic covenant? think my sister. Tithing has been done away with. That is why none of the apostles, either Paul or the original 12 emphasis it. If it was that important, it would definitely have been commanded by the apostles. Search all through the new testament after the resurrection of Jesus Christ, nowhere talks about tithing and refers it to money or material blessings. The only giving recognized for the believer is the one,not by compulsion but by freewill and willingness and as you have purposed in your own heart. All others such as tithes, firstfruits, seeds, and the other ways to raise money and extort Christians are scams. You should be warned

How wrong . Lol
1. In Christ there is no Greek nor Jew nor slaves etc

2.The Jesus who died for you is Jewish so why do you embrace salvation from a Jewish messiah?

3. Since you accept salvation from him then accept the law from him.

All scripture is given for all
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Ayoemrys(m): 3:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
alterswerve:

See, abeg.. If you don't have a point, just keep quiet.

The pastor said 'ONLY those who pay tithe are qualified to receive blessing'

Tithe is for the levitical priesthood. It is different from offering or charitable deeds. I'm on the point of the pastor. I know the other things Jesus said.
no mind dem Jere,brainwashed people,dey dont use deir common sense anymore
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Zenlife: 3:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
iambliss:

Its a good thing you chose not to argue cause you can't argue with the truth. That truth says
[NLT] Malachi 3:8 “Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! “But you ask, ‘What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?’ “You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me.
[NLT] Malachi 3:9 You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me.
[NLT] Malachi 3:10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!

So not paying tithes is cheating or robbing God which attracts a curse while paying attracts a blessing so big you won't have room to contain it.

I did not write that scripture, I simply read it and I obey it and it works. Try it too like God said in verse 10.

Bro, do a lil more research into what the storehouse is in the n bible and what you are expected to do with what you bring there.
Read about the. Levites.
Read. Learn. Be informed.

1 Like

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by ahamonyeka(m): 3:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
EmmzyWhite:
all these men of just dey wash una with hypo
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by notoriousbabe: 3:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
ichuka:

So moni na blessing?
no na curse.sidon no look or pray for am
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by iambliss: 3:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
freshboi88:

U r quoting scripture for me wen I'm not fighting with you, we both agree that tithe is important as u have clearly stated in d book of malachi. I agree..... So where does d Bible say tht only those that pay tithe receive God's blessing??

You still l see it till now? In verse 9&10? See why I said it is spiritually discerned?Lol

I rest my case.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Ayoemrys(m): 3:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
Deicide:
Its Blood money..
look at dis one,
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by mildflame: 3:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
How about people in prison, the unemployed, those in hospital? His MAGICIAN daughter where is she?
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Zenlife: 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2016
Oyedepo has put his mouth in gear before igniting his brain.

Insatiable Scammer!

1 Like

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Twy: 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2016
In my opinion the whole thing is being used for selfish gains. The idea is simlar in many religions including hindu who believe in karma/reincarnation. But I think many Christian pastors are using it for their own personal and even Church gains. It is more related to a Jewish/old testament philosophy than newtestament/Christ philosophy and even in the Jewish religion where many believe in stuff like that it is 10% for charity or less priviledged not for the church or priest, same thing is similar in hindu and islam. The idea is more like helping other who have less increase your wealth. The new Christian philosphy of sowing seed, likely starting from Southern U.S preachers and manipulating the old testament to fund church growth, I suspect it is more like a marketing idea to fund the Church and now being abused by pastors to fund their personal lifestyle. A lot of it is based on charitable giving.

1 Like

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by hahn(m): 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2016
ErnyyBobo:
Hahn.. Come see clean STRATEGY... After the sermon... Tithe Box go over flow too na..

As e dey hot. I actually respect this guy because he went straight to the point

Oyedepo be like

1 Like

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by ginggerxy: 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Rockefeller believed in tithing.

Just as We have Christians who are broke(which is due to the fact that they do not practice what they claim to believe) so also we have atheists and skeptics who are also broke though they claim to be master economists.

And as regards unbelievers who are rich despite their unbelief I will say, that the law of giving and receiving is a natural law, it is possible for a poor Christian to go to heaven.(Although Zuckerberg , bill gates, and so many other billionaires give selflessly, even more than some "so called christians" so it is only normal for them to be as wealthy as they are now.

But do not select a handful of rich unbelievers and use them as the yardstick for judging the ratio of rich christians to atheists. we have so many Christians who are wealthy just as much as we have rich unbelievers if not more.

please What can you derive from your conclusion?
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by iambliss: 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
Zenlife:

Bro, do a lil more research into what the storehouse is in the n bible and what you are expected to do with what you bring there.
Read about the. Levites.
Read. Learn. Be informed.

Mr informed I know enough to understand that the Levite's are what we now call pastors and they gotta eat. So we pay, they eat and everyone is happy.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by dyydxx: 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
iambliss:

How wrong . Lol
1. In Christ there is no Greek nor Jew nor slaves etc

2.The Jesus who died for you is Jewish so why do you embrace salvation from a Jewish messiah?

3. Since you accept salvation from him then accept the law from him.

All scripture is given for all

not all scripture, otherwise you should be following the mosaic laws rigidly. do you even know who a believer is? you have just contradited yourself. slow down and read what you yourself wrote. You said in christ there is no greek or jews and yet you claim since I accept salvation from a jewish messiah I should accept the law when the bible says the laws have been done away with in christ.

Your problem is a fundamental mis-understanding of who a believer is and what are his rights and God would help you in your. journey.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by akandry: 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
Dumb follower shm... undecided undecided
EmmzyWhite:
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Zenlife: 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
peacesamuel94:

The Richest man in modern history John D Rockefeller was a Christian and believed also in tithing.
don't forget that his net worth was thrice bill Gates current net worth.

Proof of this please.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by nellyelitz(m): 3:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
Uncle this one na lie o
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by freshboi88: 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2016
iambliss:

You still l see it till now? In verse 9&10? See why I said it is spiritually discerned?Lol

I rest my case.

If I am to go by whts in vs9 & 10, then no non christains should be blessed by God, Infact no non Xtain should even be rich, they should all be living n abject penury since they are all cursed......
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by lastpage: 3:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
iambliss:

Reading the Bible is one thing, understanding it is another. The latter is only given by the HolySpirit. many so called Bible readers try to understand the bible with their little minds. God commands tithing and it works. Why do you guys even bother? Don't pay it and let the payers continue to pay. Live and let live.

Shattap and stop displaying this your "Holy Ignorance"!

When you dont understand something, and cant reason to understand, then you ignore the directions of those who are trying to educate you, then you wallow in some phantom "holy Ignorance".

No one is saying you should not pay! Its your money, its your folly
What people are saying is that Pastor "Olee-depo" is a spiritual fraud who is trying to confuse dolts like you who cannot read their Bible and use their brain, that ONLY those that Tithe, have access to God's blessing.

Its as simple as that.

Lastpage!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by Zenlife: 3:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
iambliss:

Mr informed I know enough to understand that the Levite's are what we now call pastors and they gotta eat. So we pay, they eat and everyone is happy.

Mr uninformed, do show where in the bible the conversion of Levites to what you now call pastors happened.
Your comments must be backed by biblical proofs lest you merely bark in the wind.

1 Like

Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by peacesamuel94(m): 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
ginggerxy:
please What can you derive from your conclusion?

It is possible to be rich outside God, But as Christians we Understand that being rich is one thing and being Blessed is another thing.
Re: Only Tithe-Payers Are Qualified To Receive Blessings - Oyedepo (Video) by macphilip: 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
Tithing is an old testament law, right.
There are so many other old testament laws in the Bible.
Why is it only tithing that Pastors emphasize on?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Arch Bishop Samson Mustapha Benjamin Protests Against 5G Network / The Mystery Surrounding Creation And Life After Death / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.