Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,774 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management (22422 Views)

25% Of Coronavirus Carriers Don't Show Symptoms But Can Still Spread Virus / Miscarriage In Pregnancy: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Prevention / Understanding Hepatitis (hssag)-causes, Symptoms And Total Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by okooloyun1(m): 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2018
People with asthma should check this website out, I got my miracle from there
http://www.asthmastory.com/
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by Mechejy: 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2018
I am not asthmatic but had it cause of aircondition in my office.i am a married man with children.Am married forkany years now.just last year, after making love to my wife as usual, I discovered that I had attack. I almost died but thank God my inhaler was around.That was jy first experience that sex can trigger attack

1 Like

Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by sunnymaja(m): 10:03pm On Mar 02, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

triggers differs with people but bitter kola will cure any form of asthma.

Ventoline, piriton, prednesolone inhalers have tried them all but are not working.

Use seritide morning and night for 90days and use only night subsequently. The wheezing will disappear and you continue with normal breathing. Ventolin is temporary treatment and should not be used except there is an attack. If you use it without attack, the body May be use to it and May not help when there is attack.
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by Rinsola32(f): 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2018
joepentwo:

av been chewing bitter cola bt nt on daily basis, i wil gt enough bitter cola @ least chew once daily for three month nd c d outcome.
I believe i wol b cured.
Ma story is almost d same as urx

I hope and pray you get cured.
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by Rinsola32(f): 10:06pm On Mar 02, 2018
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by Rinsola32(f): 10:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mechejy:
I am not asthmatic but had it cause of aircondition in my office.i am a married man with children.Am married forkany years now.just last year, after making love to my wife as usual, I discovered that I had attack. I almost died but thank God my inhaler was around.That was jy first experience that sex can trigger attack

Maybe you should also try the bitter kola one guy mentioned in the first page and see if it will work for you.

1 Like

Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by emperormossad(m): 10:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

triggers differs with people but bitter kola will cure any form of asthma.

Ventoline, piriton, prednesolone inhalers have tried them all but are not working.
Please stop peddling fallacy. Please I beg you.

1 Like

Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by emperormossad(m): 10:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
Reggio:
I have bronchitis and when ever I use inhaler, I get sore throat and mild to serious cough with little blood cry . But I have not done spirometry test to ascertain whether it is asthma or bronchitis. Pls help, I use ventolin inhaler.
How do you know you have bronchitis?
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by Seeker091: 10:52pm On Mar 02, 2018
Cure for Asthma and Ulcer call:07032210124
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by snowblaq(f): 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
Reggio:
I have bronchitis and when ever I use inhaler, I get sore throat and mild to serious cough with little blood cry . But I have not done spirometry test to ascertain whether it is asthma or bronchitis. Pls help, I use ventolin inhaler.

Please get a proper diagnosis from a medical practitioner.
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by LaudableXX: 11:04pm On Mar 02, 2018
Generalhealth:
Complications of asthma
Although asthma can normally be kept under control, it’s still a serious condition that can cause a number of complications.

This is why it’s so important to follow your treatment plan and not ignore your symptoms if they’re getting worse.

Badly controlled asthma can cause issues such as:

persistent tiredness
underperformance or absence from work or school
psychological problems – including stress, anxiety and depression
disruption of your work and leisure because of unexpected visits to your doctor or hospital
lung infections (pneumonia)
in children, delays in growth or puberty

There’s also a risk of life-threatening complications, such as severe asthma attacks.

source: http://generalhealthinfo.com/2017/11/07/asthma-in-detail/

You need to conduct more research before you post. Severe asthma can cause death. sad At times, the reliever inhaler becomes ineffective, and if the patient is not rushed to the hospital in time, it could be fatal.

Famocious:
Nice write up..

Little addition. grin

For students that are asthmatic, please keep your inhaler either seritide or ventolin close to where is reachable when the attack comes up....I've seen a lady died of asthma because she was too breathless to reach her inhaler from the upper case of wardrobe where she kept it.
Babes, me your boyfriend know that you are asthmatic if you have one. He may be a life safer..

Bros/sis/dad/mum, ensure you have extra inhaler in your handbags, car saves , at home even in your office ...you never can tell when a stranger with pungent body spray/perfume will trigger an attack...

Cheers

You are so right. undecided It is best to avoid allergens and anything that may trigger an attack. Another thing that asthmatic people can do, is to enlighten others around them of their condition, and teach them what to do that can help, in case an asthma attack comes on suddenly. Sometimes, people just stare helplessly at someone having an asthma attack, and may not be able to help that person, even when the patient's condition ends up becoming critical. sad

2 Likes

Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by Reggio: 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
emperormossad:

How do you know you have bronchitis?
i went to the hospital and the doctor diaognised me with bronchits. She said its nt asthma. but could it be symptoms of allergy to the ventolin i use?
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
sunnymaja:

Use seritide morning and night for 90days and use only night subsequently. The wheezing will disappear and you continue with normal breathing. Ventolin is temporary treatment and should not be used except there is an attack. If you use it without attack, the body May be use to it and May not help when there is attack.

My parent are medical practitioners, they tried the orthodox medicine but d attack will still re-occur.

I'm completely cured now bro. I don't need ventoline, salbutamol, inhalers, prednisolone etc again.

Before, during dry seasons I get up to twelve attacks from (November to February) as a result of cars raising dusts frm d undualized road in my street I thought I wud soon die. but I found d cure which is bitter kola.

I'm not demanding money from anyone suffering from this disease. just use ur money to buy the recommended bitter kola and use it. That's all

Preparation for first timers

Two bitter kolas

Grind it

Mix it with a litter of water

add honey to it (not mandatory, it reduces d bitterness)

And administer half a litter in the morning and half in the evening.

prepare another and repeat it the steps for the next day.

Note: you can just chew one in the morning and drink a cup of water and the second in the evening with a lot of water if you can take it directly.

Warning: Never use sugar with bitter kola or take anything sugary immediately after taking bitter kola.
it causes reactions in the human system. you will have to wait for two hours before you can.

Also you don't need to be asthmatic to take bitter kola, it prevent a lot of diseases.

https://www.nairaland.com/1200158/how-cure-asthma

https://www.nairaland.com/352021/pls-there-cure-precautions-asthma

https://www.nairaland.com/266509/pls-it-asthma

https://www.nairaland.com/1279816/there-cure-asthmatic-patient

http://healthremediesforlife.com/other/bitter-kola-and-honey-is-it-good-for-asthma/

Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 02, 2018
emperormossad:

Please stop peddling fallacy. Please I beg you.
What type of fallacy? what do u mean? I repeat all d above will not cure it or prevent it.

1 Like

Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by divineappo(m): 11:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
Generalhealth:
Asthma is a common lung condition that causes occasional breathing difficulties.

It affects people of all ages and often starts in childhood, although it can also appear for the first time in adults.

There’s currently no cure for asthma, but there are simple treatments that can help keep the symptoms under control so it doesn’t have a significant impact on your life.

Some people, particularly children, may eventually grow out of asthma. But for others it’s a lifelong condition.
Symptoms of asthma

The main symptoms of asthma are:

wheezing (a whistling sound when breathing)
breathlessness
a tight chest – which may feel like a band is tightening around it
coughing

The severity of the symptoms varies from person to person. They usually come and go, but for some people they’re more persistent.

Asthma symptoms can sometimes get temporarily worse. This is known as an asthma attack.
When to get medical advice

Several conditions can cause similar symptoms, such as a chest infection or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), so it’s important to get a proper diagnosis and correct treatment.

Your doctor will usually be able to diagnose asthma by asking about your or your child’s symptoms and carrying out some simple breathing tests.

But these are often difficult to do in infants and young children, so the diagnosis may be made on the basis of symptoms and response to a trial of treatment with an inhaler.

Causes of asthma

Asthma is caused by inflammation (swelling) of the breathing tubes that carry air in and out of the lungs.

This inflammation makes the breathing tubes highly sensitive, so they temporarily become narrow. This may occur randomly, or after exposure to a trigger. The tubes may also sometimes become clogged with sticky mucus.

Common asthma triggers include:

allergens, such as house dust mites, animal fur and pollens
other irritants, such as cigarette smoke, strong smells, gases and
cold air
exercise this include[i] hot sex[/i]
chest infections

The reason why some people develop asthma isn’t fully understood, although it’s known that you’re more likely to develop it if you have a close relative with the condition.

Treatments for asthma

While there’s currently no cure for asthma, there are a number of treatments that can help control the condition.

Most asthma treatments are taken using an inhaler, a small device that delivers a spray or powder medicine to your breathing tubes as you breathe in.

The main treatments are:

identifying and avoiding asthma triggers if possible
reliever inhalers – inhalers used when needed to quickly relieve asthma symptoms for a short time
preventer inhalers – inhalers used regularly every day to reduce the inflammation in the breathing tubes, which prevents asthma symptoms occurring

How long does asthma last?

Asthma is a long-term condition for many people – particularly if it first develops in adulthood.

In children, it sometimes disappears or improves during the teenage years, although it can return later in life.

The symptoms can usually be controlled with treatment and most people will have normal and active lives, although some people with more severe asthma may have persistent problems.

Complications of asthma

Although asthma can normally be kept under control, it’s still a serious condition that can cause a number of complications.

This is why it’s so important to follow your treatment plan and not ignore your symptoms if they’re getting worse.

Badly controlled asthma can cause issues such as:

persistent tiredness
underperformance or absence from work or school
psychological problems – including stress, anxiety and depression
disruption of your work and leisure because of unexpected visits to your doctor or hospital
lung infections (pneumonia)
in children, delays in growth or puberty

There’s also a risk of life-threatening complications, such as severe asthma attacks.
cc: lalasticlala

source: http://generalhealthinfo.com/2017/11/07/asthma-in-detail/
who told you there is no cure for asthma?

If anyone is suffering from asthma, pm me, there is cure.
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by Profcamsey(m): 11:42pm On Mar 02, 2018
Yes, bitter Kola cures it. Grind bitter Kola, garlic and honey. It works , I have a relative who outgrew asthma

2 Likes

Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by divineappo(m): 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2018
deso80:
It is curable for your information. I had it before but now no more because I am cured. Asthma is a disease for sure and like normal sickness when it comes atfer awhile will go but the chronic ones is a demonic attack for your information. THE ONLY CURE FOR SUCH CHRONIC ONES IS SPIRITUAL DELIVERANCE. Don't doubt this my view I mean it.
Oga, there is a tablet for it

Biko, Mr Deliverance
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by Humphrizy(m): 11:45pm On Mar 02, 2018
Honey is used to treat Asthma.... All you. Need is a bottle of Nigella Sativa oil. And o RT original honey

Call up Dr Emmanuel for the Nigella sativa oil. And original honey

Telephone ☎ 08092151959
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by divineappo(m): 11:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

It ain't spiritual but it affects people that are highly emotional.

My asthma started when I was 8 years old. I remember I usually eat ice water directly from the freezer (which could be d causative agent)

At age 21 i met a friend that noticed my wheezing and tiredness he asked " Are you asthmatic"? I said No out of shame. he continued, and said he used to be asthmatic until someone introduced "bitter kola" for him and ever since then he has been cured from the disease. immediately I planned to look for it also.

At that time I did not know what bitter was, I looked for bitter kola till the age of 26 years before I found it from an old woman.

My brother, asthma is 100% curable all you need is just chew a single bitter kola every week and your asthma will become history.

This is my 8 years without asthma. I intentionally exposed myself to dust and I ate the ice that used to trigger my asthma but to my surprise is gone totally.

I also introduced bitter kola to a 19 year old female suffering from it she calls and thank me every time that she's cured ever since.

BITTER KOLA is just N20 in Nigeria and is the only cure for asthma but White people don't know it is because the plant only grows in west Africa and bitter kola get expired 3 to 4 days after being harvested which discouraged exporting the kola.
BitterKola expires 3-4days after harvesting it? that's why pple dont export it?

Oga, are u sure u are Ok
where did u hear that bullshit?

U need to check if ur asthma has turned to something else ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by charlieu(m): 11:50pm On Mar 02, 2018
Take hot bath for remedy when there is attack... talking from experience it works like magic
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by LaudableXX: 11:57pm On Mar 02, 2018
Humphrizy:
Honey is used to treat Asthma.... All you. Need is a bottle of Nigella Sativa oil. And o RT original honey

Call up Dr Emmanuel for the Nigella sativa oil. And original honey

Telephone ☎ 08092151959

Big fat lie!! shocked I know someone in my area who tried this remedy, and his asthma attacks got much worse! angry
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by opemipo2013: 12:49am On Mar 03, 2018
sunnymaja:

pls which one is seritide and where can I get it from.thks
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by decency8: 1:59am On Mar 03, 2018
please my fellow nairaland dont listen to that guy that calls himself AIRHIX 07067417516 he is a scammer.he has dupe alot of people on nairaland.he claims he has permanent cure for asthma.liar,thief,419.pls dont call or do any business with him.he will just eat your hard earned money.people like him should be bound on every chart group.pls also have other numbers.pls dont fall a victim.hes a bastard and a thief.a word is enough for the wise.dont say i didnt warned you
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by InvertedHammer: 2:06am On Mar 03, 2018
/
If you have time, search "Status Asthmaticus" on google.

Asthma is caused by a hyperactive airway.

The OP didn't go into any details as many Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disorders (COPD) are routinely misdiagnosed as asthma.

Pulmonary Function Test is highly recommended. There is too much to go into in discussions about asthma.

See your doctor.

/
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by onoerime: 5:06am On Mar 03, 2018
In case of diabetes treatment call me on 08134556352. It is not free o but surely you will thank me later
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by ezebunafo(m): 7:42am On Mar 03, 2018
Alfred2000:

Funny...so what was the resolution?
o boy na woman matter
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by lurvy: 8:23am On Mar 03, 2018
Just avoid the allergens ..as simple as that.... Forget all these drugs.. Bitter kola.. Etc... It's just a temporary fix... The atmosphere at Port Harcourt is highly toxic, polluted nd a grooming place for asthma.. So if you stay there.. Youre likely to have asthma in a matter of time.. Mine usually comes at night, was thinking its evil attack..and have to take Ventolin to get some relief but anytime I travel out of PH, I don't feel such symptoms... INDORAMA PETROCHEMICALS COMPANY is one of the main causes of air pollution in Port Harcourt.. And it's a shame that Nigerian government has not come down hard on them to stop killing Nigerians silently..

1 Like

Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by emperormossad(m): 10:01am On Mar 03, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

What type of fallacy? what do u mean? I repeat all d above will not cure it or prevent it.
I don't need to exchange banter with you. An average Nigerian is a doctor, engineer, pastor and political analyst all rolled into one. I'm not surprised.
Keep it up.
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by emperormossad(m): 10:05am On Mar 03, 2018
Reggio:
i went to the hospital and the doctor diaognised me with bronchits. She said its nt asthma. but could it be symptoms of allergy to the ventolin i use?
Bronchitis cannot result from the use of ventolin. I urge you to visit her again, get a proper diagnosis and treat the ailment.
I wish you speedy recovery.
Do you smoke? Have you suffered from chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases before?
Try and pay her a visit. Sometimes doctors misdiagnose through no fault of theirs. Be rest assured that you'll be properly taken care of.
All the best.
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by emperormossad(m): 10:07am On Mar 03, 2018
opemipo2013:
pls which one is seritide and where can I get it from.thks
My advise to you is this. Do not self-medicate. Visit a proper health practitioner (not a quack please) and you'll have the appropriate medications prescribed.
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by Bobby95(m): 10:31am On Mar 03, 2018
am 23, been living with asthma all my life, i ve use all sought of things like grinded snail shell mix with palm kernel oil, some riddiculous herbs, hw come i neva heard of bitter cola.
Re: Asthma - Causes, Symptoms And Management by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2018
divineappo:
BitterKola expires 3-4days after harvesting it? that's why pple dont export it?

Oga, are u sure u are Ok
where did u hear that bullshit?

U need to check if ur asthma has turned to something else ooo
Asthma will kill and consume your family for insulting without any reason... I posted information that could be useful to someone only to be quoting me and posting drivels.

Asthma will kill you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Licenses 266 Nigerian Doctors In Two Months / Meningitis – All You Need To Know / 7 Reasons Your Period Might Be Delayed Apart From Pregnancy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.