Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,474 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him (7836 Views)

Apostle Suleman Condemns Comedians That Joke About Jesus / Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by Wilgrea7(m): 1:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
MizMyColi:
1. You talked about what is truly known about the man Jesus....

permit me for replying.. even though i was not mentioned

Save for our gut instinct, how can we be sure as to what is the truth about his life and times, especially considering that neither you, I, nor anyone in this age was present during his lifetime.

true... very true... his doctrines are unmistakable... i know his major doctrine was love, salvation and reconnction to the father... there are speculations that the real words and sayings of Jesus are found in the gnostic gospels.. I've actually read some of the gnostic gospels and there are unmistakable similarities. sometimes it seems as if one copied from the other... as to who copied from who, we will never know

Some have even argued that he never existed, some swear that they know him and even dined with him before stepping out.

Jesus existed... he did walk the earth.. that is undeniable because even historians have attested to his existence... the only thing people doubt is his divinity. even Jewish writers in those days, some of them testified of the miracles Jesus did.. that's why the Jewish Talmud accused him of being a sorcerer

Is there some proof out there that he actually died and rose again?

yes...there are

I won't deny that lately, I have had cause to think that some parts of the bible might have been "modified" because tbh, if I followed the bible to the latter, I would not believe in God....

modified, yes of course.. its funny you're finding that out now... the bible is a translation of a translation of a translation.. if i get into the details i might derail

Which brings me to my last question for now.

(Though I like to think of Jesus as the son of God, not a deity. Referring to Jesus as deity makes me feel pagan-ish)
Do you believe that there is an Almighty God from whom these deities proceed?

cc: Sarrassin

that means you reject his divinity.. i don't know why you do sha but i would like to know.. I've had questions about the divinity of Jesus... i read some gnostic gospels.. i could give you the names if you want tho.. after i read them i understood the divinity... and i found the answer to the Trinity. they aren't three different people with one role or working as one... they really are one.. the reason people have problems understanding the Trinity is because they tend to give God the qualities of a human being.. they fail to understand the nature of “God".. not that i claim to understand the nature of God because he is limitless and boundless... but that is the exact reason why the qualities of humans cannot fit him..
i hope this helps... sorry again for replying even though i wasn't mentioned

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2016
Wilgrea7:

permit me for replying.. even though i was not mentioned

Likewise, permit me to reply even though you have not quoted me. You have made some very good points, some I agree. Early Christianity was obviously Gnostic in nature, the earliest Gospel being that of Mark even with its inherent redactions is exceptionally Gnostic in nature and do you know that, with the exception of the writings attributed to Paul of Tarsus within the bible itself there is not one piece of documentary evidence that has surfaced anywhere in the world, written prior to the 4th century that supports Pauline orthodoxy. All the discovered writings pre-dating the Nicene council from the Dead sea scrolls to the Nag Hammadi find are Gnostic in nature. No prizes for guessing who copied from whom.

You say there is evidence that Jesus died and rose up, what evidence might this be?

Finally, Divinity is “conferred”. We consider Jesus deservedly Divine because of the quality of his life but biblical writers took things further by ascribing divinity using the passage of 1 John 5:7, a passage now known to be fraudulent. What is more? Without that passage, you cannot infer the trinity in the bible.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by Wilgrea7(m): 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
Sarassin:

Likewise, permit me to reply even though you have not quoted me. You have made some very good points, some I agree. Early Christianity was obviously Gnostic in nature, the earliest Gospel being that of Mark even with its inherent redactions is exceptionally Gnostic in nature and do you know that, with the exception of the writings attributed to Paul of Tarsus within the bible itself there is not one piece of documentary evidence that has surfaced anywhere in the world, written prior to the 4th century that supports Pauline orthodoxy. All the discovered writings pre-dating the Nicene council from the Dead sea scrolls to the Nag Hammadi find are Gnostic in nature. No prizes for guessing who copied from whom.

wow... these are some good points to note... i have read some(if not most) books of the nag hammadi library and i find the knowledge there entirely fascinating. the only downside is that many parts of some of the texts are missing... meaning they have gaps in the books... like the gospel of mary madalegne, and many others

You say there is evidence that Jesus died and rose up, what evidence might this be?

well to be sincere, I've not gone beyond nairaland pages to look for evidence of Christ's resurrection... that's why my response there was short.. I've been researching other things that i forgot the resurrection.. i will look deeply into it.. but still, the name of a dead man can't have so much power.. cuz there is power behind the name of Jesus.. I'm talking from experience.. not what some suit wearing man told me.

Finally, Divinity is “conferred”. We consider Jesus deservedly Divine because of the quality of his life but biblical writers took things further by ascribing divinity using the passage of 1 John 5:7, a passage now known to be fraudulent. What is more? Without that passage, you cannot infer the trinity in the bible.

exactly!!! someone has finally seen it.. i read this stuff about 1john 5:7. it was said to use to support the view of the Trinity which was obviously a pagan invention. i don't in any way use that passage to support the Trinity because i don't believe in 3 gods 1 purpose. I've read some books like the gospel of truth and the book of philip.. they are gnostic books.. that is actually where i got to understand that Christ was more than just a messanger(my opinion)... its kinda hard to explain the divinity of Jesus and the nature of God and how God is one because i don't fully understand God myself.. nd i don't think any human can... not even angels.. we humans tend to limit God to just our plane and try to subject his nature to the laws of our plane just because we try to understand him.. i feel this is wrong.. i would still love to read more gnostic texts.. but the divinity is something that is still fully not understood...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by Anas09: 11:29pm On Dec 21, 2016
Sarassin:

We can be certain that Jesus of Nazareth lived and died. We are also certain that early Jewish Christians, Greeks and Romans had far better information about the life and times of the man Jesus than we do at present, we are 100% percent that this information was largely suppressed and destroyed by later church authorities, but for the intrepid and the brave, the life of Jesus can be whispered through the ghosts of history.

It is clear that Jesus was tried for sedition and sentenced to death by crucifixion, we know this because the Roman’s although merciless were not careless, they recorded details of all capital trials, unfortunately the details of the trial records of Jesus did not make good reading for Christians, it talked about “Jesus’ gang, Brigandage, highway men and robbers”, it contained none of the present day fairy tales of Jesus bantering with Caesar “Are you the King of the Jews?” e.t.c, e.t.., The very idea of an accused speaking back at Caesar in first century Palestine is laughable. In fact the trial records reflected so badly on Christianity that Jewish Christian authorities would not even pick up a copy of the proceedings, and when it was finally made public in the 3rd century…..it was disowned.

There is no evidence beyond belief and faith that Jesus rose from the dead, imagine the reaction of the Roman authorities if a man they had just sentenced to death had the temerity to climb down from his crucifixion and walk around in broad daylight for at least 40 days.

The sermon on the mount is one of the few authentic sayings of Jesus, there are technical reasons for this that I would rather not go into here, but there are dozens others attributed to Jesus that he could never have uttered, for instance, the story about the “coin in the mouth of the fish”

I would not say that the Bible has been modified, that is to imply that there once existed a more “original “version and that was never the case. Christians know only what Christian authorities wish them to know.

None of this diminishes Jesus. Whether you refer to him as a deity or a God or a son of God is largely irrelevant. Jesus is in the pantheon of the greats and stands unique as the emanator of compassion to mankind. In truth, man looks in the mirror and creates his God in his own image, we create our own deities by constant adoration and once that adoration ceases, the gods cease to exist. One hundred years from now our descendants will deify and worship Mother Theresa. Deities are an emanation of the Supreme Divine being in a form knowable to humankind.

My beloved Sarassin, Jesus never stood judgement before caesar, its was Pilate. The alligations seemed trumped up for Pilate, hence he needed to hear from the accused. Jesus was accused of declaring that he was the King of the Jews. Hence, that question.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by Anas09: 11:31pm On Dec 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Shut up!
You like stuff like this.

Cc: 4everGod.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 22, 2016
Anas09:

My beloved Sarassin, Jesus never stood judgement before caesar, its was Pilate. The alligations seemed trumped up for Pilate, hence he needed to hear from the accused. Jesus was accused of declaring that he was the King of the Jews. Hence, that question.

You are correct of course mi amore, it was the procurator Pilate and not Caesar. By the time I realised the error I was too lazy to make the changes. Sedition was just one of the charges levelled against Jesus and in fact the words inscribed on the notice above Jesus' on the cross are the exact words we find in the Roman charge sheet, it was the only charge that made it unto the Christian statutes, but there were others. The Romans did not consider the charges trumped up...not according to them anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by Ranchhoddas: 7:57am On Dec 22, 2016
Anas09:
You like stuff like this.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by MizMyColi(f): 8:43am On Dec 22, 2016
Wilgrea7 Sarassin

I just finished reading your exchanges.
I found them very interesting.
It's almost like I don't have questions anymore.

What remains now is to experience Jesus personally. To know him and relate to him like I relate with the almighty.

Christianity has so screwed with my head that I find such terms like "Gnosticism" very occultic in nature.

But then, I find that I am sort of attracted to things that have to do with the abstract and maybe the occult, in a superficial way....not in the evil, bloodsucking sense o.

I wish I could even express the above better. For example, I am more likely to watch A Doctor Strange movie than a Christian movie...

I feel very attracted to mysticism...
Not sure I can go through with what it entails to practice though. My Christian upbringing makes such path very scary.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by Anas09: 9:38am On Dec 22, 2016
Sarassin:

You are correct of course mi amore, it was the procurator Pilate and not Caesar. By the time I realised the error I was too lazy to make the changes. Sedition was just one of the charges levelled against Jesus and in fact the words inscribed on the notice above Jesus' on the cross are the exact words we find in the Roman charge sheet, it was the only charge that made it unto the Christian statutes, but there were others. The Romans did not consider the charges trumped up...not according to them anyway.
My good sir. The Romans had nothing on Jesus. The Master did not break any Roman law, hence; Pilates Insistence to know why they had brought Jesus to him.

He demanded to know from the Jews, "what did you say this man did? Three Jewish TRUMPED UP witnesses came forward, all saying different things. This confused Pilate the more. This was why he called Jesus into his inner court and demanded from him personally why he was Standing trial.

Jesus wasn't answering any questions put forward to Him, Pilate, in trying to establish his power, told Jesus that he could have him set free, it was at this point that Jesus spoke up and told Pilate that he had no power over him.

Haven perused the whole events unfolding before him, he saw a conspiracy, hences, his washing his hands publicly to exonerate himself from any consequence which would come as a result of killing an innocent man.

If the Romans wrote down other Jesus' allegations, those would be lies.

According to the Roman law, Jesus was an innocent man.

Luke 23: 13-16.

And Pilate, when he had called together the chief priests and the rulers and the people,

And Pilate said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the people: and, behold, I, having examined him before you, have found no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse him:

No, nor yet Herod: for I sent you to him; and, lo, nothing worthy of death is done unto him.

I will therefore chastise him, and release him.

Here a Roman consolate was speaking. If Jesus committed crimes against the Roman laws as you purported sir, the Jews till today are not the friends or fans of Jesus, those crimes won't be hidden.

Jesus was basically killed because he declared himself the Son of God, putting himself in the place of God.

No other people understands what being a Son of God means than the Jews. He was telling them that he was God. For that, he needed to die.

Shalom.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by Ranchhoddas: 9:59am On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:
Wilgrea7 Sarassin

I just finished reading your exchanges.
I found them very interesting.
It's almost like I don't have questions anymore.

What remains now is to experience Jesus personally. To know him and relate to him like I relate with the almighty.

Christianity has so screwed with my head that I find such terms like "Gnosticism" very occultic in nature.

But then, I find that I am sort of attracted to things that have to do with the abstract and maybe the occult, in a superficial way....not in the evil, bloodsucking sense o.

I wish I could even express the above better. For example, I am more likely to watch A Doctor Strange movie than a Christian movie...

Not sure I can go through with what it entails to practice though. My Christian upbringing makes such path very scary
I can totally relate to this. Christianity has succeeded in demonizing everything outside of it. I can't even read a different material without feeling like I'm doing something bad.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by MizMyColi(f): 10:30am On Dec 22, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I can totally relate to this. Christianity has succeeded in demonizing everything outside of it. I can't even read a different material without feeling like I'm doing something bad.

It is serious embarassed
Very serious.

I told my sweet Ma that my friend wants to marry an Atheist.
Hian...
There is nothing I did not hear that day.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by lastkingsman: 11:15am On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:

It is serious embarassed
Very serious.

I told my sweet Ma that my friend wants to marry an Atheist.
Hian...
There is nothing I did not hear that day.

kwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwa grin CWO
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by MizMyColi(f): 11:17am On Dec 22, 2016
lastkingsman:

kwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwa grin CWO

President for that matter.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by lastkingsman: 11:37am On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:

President for that matter.

chai! Na you go find trouble by telling her Na. I am a deist but I no fit tell my momsy. If she finds out, she will preach and pray until I repent grin I don't have strength for her drama.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:
Hello Mizmycoli,

First off, permit me to say I appreciate you and your writings. I believe you are already on a "higher path" and will surely find your way soon.

I think I am entitled to air an opinion, since I can relate to your experience. I was a former charismatic pastor, although quite young. I had to break free from religion to continue my quest for the divine. With the help of ethereal beings and great spiritual minds I was privileged to exchange with, (including Sarassin), I achieved some spiritual breakthrough and found my path. It is happening to you too, and quite soon.

Before you experience any piece of truth, you must first of all be free, internally, from fear and religious bondage. Truth requires objectiveness, because Truth, is sometimes ugly. Truth does not always suit our constructed universe, but only objective Truth sets one free. So the Truth we are looking for, is closer to us. It is actually inside of us, a part of us. If we just dare take, "the untaken road" in the words of Robert Frost.

Now Back to your question: Who is Jesus of Nazareth? Did he actually exist?

I vividly remember, when as a Young Pastor, an "angel" asked me, who I thought Jesus was, and what he was doing during his "unknown" years. I was troubled, because I had never given a thought on the topic, and wonder why would an ethereal being of Light and love ask me such a question. This was the beginning of a long journey that ultimately led me to a greater experience of the divine, although preceded by many disillusions/disappointments.

There is no doubt historical figures existed who correspond to the description of Jesus of Nazareth. The (false) story of the killing of babies under Herod makes no sense, unless it is an attempt to justify why a Man born and living in Nazareth would claim David's royalty. If it was an entirely fictitious character, the writers would have him born and live in Bethlehem directly. The attempt to twist historical facts in order to link a man from nazareth to Bethlehem, can only be made if at least there is/was actually a man in Nazareth who claimed some form of Messiahship.

Moreover, the idea of a Christ / "god" coming down on earth like a man and dying and resurrecting to save the world although ridiculous for any objective mind, is very recurrent in human history/mythology. It is my opinion that it translate some higher truth about the human psyche, a bigger picture that deserves attention. In other words, it tells more about us, men, than about god.

Obviously thec hristian Bible is not and can't be a faithful representation of Jesus' life and teaching, nor of anything. The main reason is that, the Bible is not a Book but a collection of Books, of diverse origins written with different purposes, and all compiled by men with specific motives. So the Bible represents, what those men wanted the people to believe in, and not necessarily, what "is".

All in all, all search for god stops when the quest for self begins. "Know thyself" said Socrates, "to thine own self be true" said Shakespeare,
"Ye are gods" said the psalmist.

Cheerful greetings.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by Wilgrea7(m): 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:

cool

i understand you... the first time i told my friends i was reading the book of enoch, they freaked out.. its normal

me too... I'm attracted to gnostic stuffs... it widens my knowledge

Not sure I can go through with what it entails to practice though. My Christian upbringing makes such path very scary.
i had a Christian upbringing too.. when i broke away from fundamentalism, i began to fear things less... I'm still a Christian.. not just a fundamentalist.. i find things like OBE's, lucid dreams and astral projection fascinating.. these are evidences of our spiritual nature.. but mainstream Christianity frowns at such.... if you wanna engage in esoterism, please don't jump into it.. take it step by step.. cheers

1 Like

Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by MizMyColi(f): 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
Good Afternoon LoJ

I used to sing this song a lot as a faithful Christian. Now that I have become unfaithfulcheesy it still holds more meaning

"Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

I will be honest with you. I'm not sure I want to take that leap. I feel scared. Maybe, like you, I will get to meet more enlightened people who will help me overcome fear, encourage objectivity and set me on my path again. I'm at that place where I know I should be more, but I'm not. I feel lazy mostly.
I feel like I'm not making progress embarassed

I haven't read the bible in close to two years.
I do not loathe it. But I can't bring myself to do so. Somethings just don't add up anymore.
I really do desire fellowship, not the churchy kind....the iron sharpening iron kind.
Pregnancy and childbirth/rearing has taken its toll.

Thank you for some clarifications, though in all honesty, I take it all with a pinch of salt.
I want to KNOW these things as well.
There is a difference between Believing and KNOWING.

I just heard a voice in my head telling me not to bother so much with these things...to focus on what truly matters - Love.

As I was saying, I long for a situation where I will read stuff on this issue and it resonates with what I know to be true from within, even if my human senses have not always known.

Well. It's all in phases. I'll get there. How? I dunno. But I will smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by MizMyColi(f): 12:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
Wilgrea7:

cool

i understand you... the first time i told my friends i was reading the book of enoch, they freaked out.. its normal

me too... I'm attracted to gnostic stuffs... it widens my knowledge

i had a Christian upbringing too.. when i broke away from fundamentalism, i began to fear things less... I'm still a Christian.. not just a fundamentalist.. i find things like OBE's, lucid dreams and astral projection fascinating.. these are evidences of our spiritual nature.. but mainstream Christianity frowns at such.... if you wanna engage in esoterism, please don't jump into it.. take it step by step.. cheers

Interesting.
Now I wish this were a Whatsapp group. It's really fascinating to share from the deepest part of you to people who understand what it's like. People who won't think of you as being too serious, emotional and downright weird.
I appreciate honest conversations a lot, but it is one very alien concept as far as this branch of cyberspace is concerned.

It is because I have missed people who reason like this a lot that I have now focused all my attention on Tecno mobile....asides that, nothing interests me as such on this forum anymore.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by MizMyColi(f): 12:29pm On Dec 22, 2016
lastkingsman:

chai! Na you go find trouble by telling her Na. I am a deist but I no fit tell my momsy. If she finds out, she will preach and pray until I repent grin I don't have strength for her drama.

cheesy
I for kukuma keep to myself o.
My tongue was just scratching me that daygrin
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by sonmvayina(m): 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
I still maintain the fact that jesus is a Roman creation and has nothing to do with the jewish belief or religion..
According to the judaism, God is solely responsible for both the good and the evil in the world..there is no God vs Devil dicotomy.as the christain claim..the devil in judaism has no will or authority of its own outside of Gods will. the devil does whatever God tells it to do..the devils will is to obey the will of God..as potrayed in the story of Job..that is also what was obtainable in our traditional religion..ekwensu is not an advetsary of Chukwu..Lamentation 3:38, Issiah 45:7, Amos 3:6...The romans came much later on in history when they became world power to elevate the devil into an opposing power in other to sell jesus as saviour to the world and distroyed all documents that will expose the folly..
They started out as a lamb holding a cross, they only swapped the image of the lamb with the image of a man crucified in 612AD at the council of constantinople...
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by ScienceWatch: 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
MIZMYCOLI, your statement that you must now get to know Jesus Christ on a deeper level proves something very profound.

You will make rapid progress if you avoid the crowd that play the blame game and the fancy word games. You must find answers that take you directly to the master.

Can one escape the vicious spiritual traps laid for millions of innocent people by fake pastors, atheists, competing religions, cruel governments and science ?
Emmanuel TV provide the most scientifically verifiable evidence of the highest spiritual TRUTH to the world 24 HRS A DAY. Now you too can escape into true light.

You do remember what Jesus said when the evil Jewish priests told him that what he is doing - all the healing and deliverance - is done by the power of Satan. This is what the holy Prophet TB Joshua of Scoan Nigeria is also accused of today.

Jesus said to these so-called holy men. “Satan can’t and will not work against himself."
What does this mean?

Even if a so-called respected but false pastor/Bishop/Prophet/Clergyman try to heal or do demon deliverance, it can’t and won’t work. Satan can’t and won’t work against himself.

Finally we all have loads of scientifically verifiable evidence coming out of Scoan Church Nigeria that proves the holy Gospels and the Holy Books of Acts to be accurate. Truth seekers are eternally grateful to a humble servant of the true GOD, Prophet TB Joshua.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by sonmvayina(m): 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
Till today the jews still regard Jesus as the son of a prost.tute at best...and that is what i am leaning towards..
i have asked a question on this forum: who is the famous prost.tute in Revelation 17?..no body seems to know?..i did a little research on my own..i found out she is no other than Inanna, Venus, Aphrodite,Ishtar...and Mary(the mother of jesus) all same spirit, different incarnations....she is also LUCIFER(the light bearer, since jesus is the light) according to the new testament..
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by lastkingsman: 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
sonmvayina:
Till today the jews still regard Jesus as the son of a prost.tute at best...and that is what i am leaning towards..
i have asked a question on this forum: who is the famous prost.tute in Revelation 17?..no body seems to know?..i did a little research on my own..i found out she is no other than Inanna, Venus, Aphrodite,Ishtar...and Mary(the mother of jesus) all same spirit, different incarnations....she is also LUCIFER(the light bearer, since jesus is the light) according to the new testament..

who are you? grin who do you think you are? grin
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by ScienceWatch: 2:03pm On Dec 22, 2016
LoJ:

Hello Mizmycoli,

First off, permit me to say I appreciate you and your writings. I believe you are already on a "higher path" and will surely find your way soon.

I think I am entitled to air an opinion, since I can relate to your experience. I was a former charismatic pastor, although quite young. I had to break free from religion to continue my quest for the divine. With the help of ethereal beings and great spiritual minds I was privileged to exchange with, (including Sarassin), I achieved some spiritual breakthrough and found my path. It is happening to you too, and quite soon.

Before you experience any piece of truth, you must first of all be free, internally, from fear and religious bondage. Truth requires objectiveness, because Truth, is sometimes ugly. Truth does not always suit our constructed universe, but only objective Truth sets one free. So the Truth we are looking for, is closer to us. It is actually inside of us, a part of us. If we just dare take, "the untaken road" in the words of Robert Frost.

Now Back to your question: Who is Jesus of Nazareth? Did he actually exist?

I vividly remember, when as a Young Pastor, an "angel" asked me, who I thought Jesus was, and what he was doing during his "unknown" years. I was troubled, because I had never given a thought on the topic, and wonder why would an ethereal being of Light and love ask me such a question. This was the beginning of a long journey that ultimately led me to a greater experience of the divine, although preceded by many disillusions/disappointments.

There is no doubt historical figures existed who correspond to the description of Jesus of Nazareth. The (false) story of the killing of babies under Herod makes no sense, unless it is an attempt to justify why a Man born and living in Nazareth would claim David's royalty. If it was an entirely fictitious character, the writers would have him born and live in Bethlehem directly. The attempt to twist historical facts in order to link a man from nazareth to Bethlehem, can only be made if at least there is/was actually a man in Nazareth who claimed some form of Messiahship.

Moreover, the idea of a Christ / "god" coming down on earth like a man and dying and resurrecting to save the world although ridiculous for any objective mind, is very recurrent in human history/mythology. It is my opinion that it translate some higher truth about the human psyche, a bigger picture that deserves attention. In other words, it tells more about us, men, than about god.

Obviously thec hristian Bible is not and can't be a faithful representation of Jesus' life and teaching, nor of anything. The main reason is that, the Bible is not a Book but a collection of Books, of diverse origins written with different purposes, and all compiled by men with specific motives. So the Bible represents, what those men wanted the people to believe in, and not necessarily, what "is".

All in all, all search for god stops when the quest for self begins. "Know thyself" said Socrates, "to thine own self be true" said Shakespeare,
"Ye are gods" said the psalmist.

Cheerful greetings.
beware ! This guy LOJ'S comments prove that he was never a true pastor anyway. A true pastor will never quote that the love of self is beginning of enlightenment, LOJ also quote atheists like Shakespeare and Socrates when the Bible, the Holy Gospels and Acts is true about the life of Jesus. Examine his confusing comments carefully and see who that angel was that spoke to him. It was a demonic spirit. This guy had illusions of being a pastor, but he was not recognized in heaven. The evidence is in his own statements.

Emmanuels TV is a saving grace today.

Chose one gospel or Acts to Read while watching. You will instantly realize that the Bible contains the true about Jesus.
If it were a Roman lie, how come the evidence in the holy Scoan proves otherwise.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by MizMyColi(f): 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
ScienceWatch:
beware ! This guy's comments prove that he was never a true pastor anyway. A true pastor will never quote atheists like Shakespeare and Socrates when the Bible, the Holy Gospels and Acts is true about the life of Jesus.

Emmanuels TV is a saving grace today.

Chose one gospel or Acts to Read while watching. You will instantly realize that the Bible contains the true about Jesus.
If it were a Roman lie, how come the evidence in the holy Scoan proves otherwise.

Okay. Thank you. smiley
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by sonmvayina(m): 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2016
lastkingsman:

who are you? grin who do you think you are? grin

the truth hurts dosen't it...
the purest form of evil is deception.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by ScienceWatch: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:
Good morning.
This is the thread.
Let me get my questions readysmiley

Hi Sarrasin, with so much contradicting statements about your respect for Jesus, you would have made a far greater impact by just saying you that you take from life, whatever is convenient for you.

The few people alive today that has gone deeper into a direct connection with Jesus, experience much more than compassion. They were given practical power to heal and deliver evil spirits from the suffering masses. SARRASIN proves that the spirits she contacts give her nothing for others, only for her selfish needs.

Here Jesus Christ explains who he is and why He came into the world.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the True God, but by me.

Joh 17:18 What I was sent into the world to do, I also sent them into the world to do the same.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches. Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by ScienceWatch: 2:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:

Okay. Thank you. smiley
Take care MIZMYCOLI, for hundreds of years powerful atheists have joined together to destroy all evidence of the eternal power that Jesus left firstly for our earthly benefit then for our entry into His/Gods kingdom.

The terrible confusion we all experience about the true God and Jesus is compounded by thousands of FAKE pastors that can not do for their congregations what the bible say they must do.

Jesus says to all pastors, ministers and evangelists that humbly want spiritual enlightenment and power;
Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.

Today, we are blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV.

A pastor, minister, evangelist will be know by their WORKS so that fake pastors can be separated from the real pastors. The wheat is separated from the chaff.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches. John 14:12

What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?
They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same. Jesus says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.”

Now the world finally have a free spiritual education channel 24 hours a day, seven days a week on Emmanuel TV demonstrating true scientifically verifiable evidence and deeper meaning of John 14:12
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2016
Sciencewatch, Socrates was never atheist.

After the jury found him guilty, he said this:

“Now it is time that we were going, I to die and you to live; but which of us has the happier prospect is unknown to anyone but GOD."Socrates

Notice his reference to God in that statement?

He might not have wholly subscribed to the Greek gods, but he was by all means a deist.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Emmanuels TV is a saving grace today...

ScienceWatch:
the evidence in the holy Scoan proves otherwise.

ScienceWatch:
scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV...

ScienceWatch:
Emmanuel TV provide the most scientifically verifiable evidence of the highest spiritual TRUTH to the world 24 HRS A DAY
Hello smiley

I thank you for your remarks about what you think I am/was, or the demons I supposedly spoke with. I normally would have avoided to answer, but your regular references to the scoan/emmanuel tv, convinced me not to.

You seem to reduce spirituality to a particular movement. You are entitled to do so. But you may consider broadening your mind and your view, to reach a higher state of consciousness.

Funny enough, some of us, especially some of the people you spoke to/about, have personal spiritual and physical experiences with the man you seem to regard so highly. Even in the christian tradition, it is not divine to put your "trust in a man" and "draw strength from mere flesh" - to use the words of the Bible.

I wish you good.
Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
MizMyColi:
I used to sing this song a lot as a faithful Christian.
Good afternoon. The song is indeed beautiful.

By all means, do not interpret my message as an invitation to follow any specific path, particularly esoteric schools of thoughts. Nothing wrong with that, I myself belong(ed) to none although after searching for long, I was "called" by life to learn and practice Tantra. In general, esoteric knowledge is not tantamount to spiritual development. Both are independent one from the other, albeit most people confuse them.

In addition, Even in the christian tradition there are people who were deep spiritual men and women. I continue to view Sadhu Sundar Singh, francis of assisi, Ignatius of Loyola, Stylianos atteshis, and many others are respectable men and women with some spiritual advancement.

Feel free, and to thy own self, be true.

Greetings.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Believe About Jesus And Why Do You Believe In Him by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 22, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Hi Sarrasin, with so much contradicting statements about your respect for Jesus, you would have made a far greater impact by just saying you that you take from life, whatever is convenient for you.

The few people alive today that has gone deeper into a direct connection with Jesus, experience much more than compassion. They were given practical power to heal and deliver evil spirits from the suffering masses. SARRASIN proves that the spirits she contacts give her nothing for others, only for her selfish needs.

Here Jesus Christ explains who he is and why He came into the world.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the True God, but by me.

Joh 17:18 What I was sent into the world to do, I also sent them into the world to do the same.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches. Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.

Well hello TB is that you in disguise? You took a wrong turn in addressing me today, you should have kept to your shameless plugging of the vile Emmanuel TV and the disaster zone you call a house of God, more importantly you ought to know I do not take lectures from those who feed on the misery of human souls, and you have the chutzpah to accuse me of contradictions? Didn’t your ineffable spirits reveal to you that I am male? Or is it just another case of you zigging when you should have zagged?

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is God Partial? / Noise Pollution: Religious Leaders Deny Knowledge Of Approved Decibel / Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.