Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria (6676 Views)

Anti-Igbo Song Calling For Genocide In Circulation In Northern Nigeria - Group / Nigeria Ranks 136th In Corruption Perceptions Index 2016 / What Are Your Perceptions About Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 21, 2016
@ DecemberIV

Nice pics!!

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by WizBLANCE(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2016
Nafizzey:
@bolded, that is because Allah (swt) enjoined us to marry early so as to prevent engaging in premarital sex / formication which is a great problem unlike down south where potential couple will both taste the forbidden fruit before settling down..

Proudly Northerner!

my dear go through my write up again. I only used marriage as an illustration. Better still i have no problem with you getting Married to fetus or zygot. My point is that North is like a closed door, those in the room want out but few make it out alive but not minding the risk a lot of people keep moving into the closed door. If you still didn't get the message quote me and i will brig it closer to your doorstep.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Nafizzey(m): 11:11am On Dec 21, 2016
WizBLANCE:

my dear go through my write up again. I only used marriage as an illustration. Better still i have no problem with you getting Married to fetus or zygot. My point is that North is like a closed door, those in the room want out but few make it out alive but not minding the risk a lot of people keep moving into the closed door. If you still didn't get the message quote me and i will brig it closer to your doorstep.
Your sentimental opinion dude

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by WizBLANCE(m): 11:52am On Dec 21, 2016
Nafizzey:
Your sentimental opinion dude

sentimental about what? The north? No way, i was born and brought up in the north... I spent 27 fresh years three and if you think i am being sentimental about anything i said earlier then you are not telling yourself the truth. Things are cheap in the north, those that can't meet up with the expensive life in the east and south move to the north for refuge. With a little capital one year is big enough to make you rich in the north but like blood money you can easily lose your life... I can tell this same truth in hundred ways. Keep quoting me.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2016
FriendChoice:

Ok. You're somehow right.But there is exaggeration of somethings you read in the media. Though I pray someday I will invite you.

I definitely will visit the north someday. I'm more inclined to visit there than SE being the fact that i have no one there. I however have relatives in the north; particularly in Kaduna. But only God knows where we are going in future.

If i am to visit the north today, i think i will like Kebbi state. I hardly hear about them in the news and i will really like to see how it looks like over there.
Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:

I definitely will visit the north someday. I'm more inclined to visit there than SE being the fact that i have no one there. I however have relatives in the north; particularly in Kaduna. But only God knows where we are going in future.

If i am to visit the north today, i think i will like Kebbi state. I hardly hear about them in the news and i will really like to see how it looks like over there.

OK Kebbi is one of the core northern state. But I would like you pop into the corest northern state which is Kano. So that you can compare the reality and the media propaganda.

Kano kodame kazo anfika translate this to me in English.
Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Ngokafor(f): 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2016
Sealeddeal:
You are lying to yourself.

...Why dont you respect yourself and mind your business??..why cant some of you Southerners have common sense regarding these muslim northerners??... see how your over-sabi attitude has earned you and Igbos insults for nothing..

...He left those with more toxic comments to lash out at you,twisting your words in the process...If it was off-line now,it will be shouts of 'blasphemy'..and the rest(including you) will be history..

..A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by KevinDein: 2:34pm On Dec 21, 2016
@ DecemberIV, seems your photos have driven the bigots out of the thread. That isn't what they want to see. They want to hold on to their skewed and bias perception of the north fed down their throats by their media. It probably helps them sleep better at night grin

We will just have to keep doing our bid by telling the world what the true north really is. Some objective mind out there might appreciate it.

Good job BTW

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 21, 2016
halimi26:

I admire what you are trying to do with the photos on this thread but those photos are for the wrong audience that is not what they want to see.They want to see pics of almajiris,hijab wearing women&other stereotypes
Thesame thing can be said about the western media portrayal of africa.They would rather show us in mud huts with starving babies than showing us in cities living upmobile lives but as long as you&i know "what time it is",why should we care what these ignoramuses think of us

Says a Jew hater like you.

If I may ask why the hatred for the Jews. They do not in anywhere share border with Nigeria or any involve with Nigerian, why so much hate for them?

ps. For those those who dont her check her dp

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by EdCure: 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
DecemberIV:
That's your opinion. The facts have been stated. You cannot generalize an such an asinine assumption without appearing daft and unintelligent.
The poster you're arguing with is right in his assertions.

With so much savagery, hostility, unprovoked violence, barbarism and extreme, atavistic bigotry perpetrated by northerners, it is so hard for anyone to believe that the core north is inhabited by fully evolved humans.

I have lived in Kano, Katsina, Zaria and Kaita in my adult life and their savagery and antagonistic behaviour to anyone and anything unislamic has not been able to prove me wrong for believing such stereotype before going to the north.

The South is a hundred years ahead of the North in all indices and it will remain so. The lag is most likely to widen with the myriad of problems that have currently bedeviled the north-no matter the efforts of mediocre bureaucrats in trying to even things up through the fraudulent quotasystem and other nepotistic measures.

And, the pics with which you've spammed this thread is of little relevance. I'm sure you'll find better pictures even from Somalia and Afghanistan.
The thread is about perception on social life/civilization and livability in the north.
KevinDein:
@ DecemberIV, seems your photos have driven the bigots out of the thread. That isn't what they want to see.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 3:30pm On Dec 21, 2016
FriendChoice:

OK Kebbi is one of the core northern state. But I would like you pop into the corest northern state which is Kano. So that you can compare the reality and the media propaganda.

Kano kodame kazo anfika. translate this to me in English.

Lol, this one's hard for me o!!! I'm not good at reading hausa language. I would understand clearly if it was spoken directly.
Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Lol, this one's hard for me o!!! I'm not good at reading hausa language. I would understand clearly if it was spoken directly.

"Kano ta Dabo tumbin giwa koda mekazo anfika "

Kano ta Dabo = Kano of king Dabo

Tumbin giwa = elephant stomach

Koda mekaxo = anytin u carry come

Anfika = we savi pass u.

Its just like d way Lagos is reffered 2 Eko ni baje.

The idiomatic statement means you will find anything, anybody for Kano. So if you visit Kano is like visiting all other individuals northern state. It has a big elephant stomach that can accommodate every good and bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by KevinDein: 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2016
EdCure:

With so much savagery, hostility, unprovoked violence, barbarism and extreme, atavistic bigotry perpetrated by northerners, it is so hard for anyone to believe that the core north is inhabited by fully evolved humans.

I have lived in Kano, Katsina, Zaria and Kaita in my adult life and their savagery and antagonistic behaviour to anyone and anything unislamic has not been able to prove me wrong for believing such stereotype before going to the north.

The South is a hundred years ahead of the North in all indices and it will remain so. The lag is most likely to widen with the myriad of problems that have currently bedeviled the north-no matter the efforts of mediocre bureaucrats in trying to even things up through the fraudulent quotasystem and other nepotistic measures.

And, the pics with which you've spammed this thread is of little relevance. I'm sure you'll find better pictures even from Somalia and Afghanistan.
The thread is about perception on social life/civilization and livability in the north.

grin

So let's get this straight, you believe the pics posted by the earlier poster is of little relevance and should probably be ignored but the WORDS being typed by your fingers hold more water and should be taken seriously because you are who again? undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2016
EdCure:

Better keep quite for an acclaimed bigot like u notoriously infamous for his deep-seated hate for Islam and muslims lack the moral right to make an assertion whatsoever on an issue like this.
When I saw this thread crop up I was almost certain u wud show up to air, as usual, ur shallow ignorantly unintelligent inconsequential opinion, disgracin all over the place.
Was born, raised and lived all my life in the South. I ve seen savage practices in south. But I know enough to undestnd that acts of debauchery and savagery by some few cannot be magnified and termed the savagery of a race.
I grew up in the tick of societal involvement in cultism. Parents and children involving in cultism and killings is no strange practice in the south. Cultism practised in broad day.
Southern lecturals neck-deep involvement in cultism is common tin.
Pples lives cut short and used for money ritual is common. Pple regularly killed, body mutilated and sensitive part removed for money rituals is common practice.
The babarity of southern politicians and their practice of do or die politics is very common.
Recently and many times this year alone in Rivers people have had their head chopped off all because of politics.
Yet nobdy debased the pple of the south on SM or call them names or denigrate their religion.
Kidnapping sooooo common that kidnappers re celebrated in some southern communities.
I cud jus keep goin on and on.
Bigotry is sooo bad it cud turn an educated man into an uncivilised illiterate. That is wat u ve become.
Open ur eyes and try to see beyond ur nose. U re jus too local for my liking.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by laudate: 12:10am On Jan 15, 2017
KevinDein:
grin So let's get this straight, you believe the pics posted by the earlier poster is of little relevance and should probably be ignored but the WORDS being typed by your fingers hold more water and should be taken seriously because you are who again? undecided

Una no go take laugh kill person for here...!! cheesy grin cool
Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by laudate: 12:15am On Jan 15, 2017
DecemberIV:
Very valid points, but in the age of social media, if you allow bigots, ignorant and unexposed people to tell your story, it will only reinforce the negative stereotype.

One who has never been in the North would just swallow the skewed statements on this thread and assume the North is entirely one backward region lacking modernity and development

I simply love this phrase: "If you allow bigots, ignorant and unexposed people to tell your story, it will only reinforce the negative stereotype. " cool I hereby pronounce this, the best quote of the month!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 30, 2017
patchsk:
Flies.
Beggars.
Granted

Bombs.
over exaggerated

Dirty lifestyle arising from mode of worship.
There is no religion in this world that emphasizes cleanliness more than islam and if there is lets compare evidences. Just so you know, our perception is that you lot are filthier than beasts.

Insecurity.
over exaggerated

Beheading.
over exaggerated

Dangwurugwu's
just because the disabled go to your states shouldnt be your basis of judgement. Thats selection bias.

Gworo
Etc
We do love our kola nut.
Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2017
Friendchoice

Bari na baka shawara, kada kayi kuskuren cewa zaka zo nan kayi wani hurda na kirki da mutanen nan. Yawancin su sun tsane ka, basa kaunar ka kuma suna bakin cikin ka. Cikin yan kudun ma na lura asalin dakikan marasa tunanin ne suka cika wajen nan.

Ka barsu da tunanin su na cewa mu dabobi ne masu zama a gidan kasa. Ka bar su su cigaba da zama acikin duhu saboda ni in nagan su suna zagin mu da wasu abubuwa na karya na ban dariya kwantar mun da hankali yakeyi. Saboda gara makiyinka kada ya san komai game da kai.Su na lura ko wadanda sukayi karatun ma kaman akwai wani rashin lafiyan jahilci ne dake damun su.

Wallahi in dai tsafta ne da kyan gani wallahi arewa ba tsaran kudu bane ta kowani farni, mutane ko garuruwa. Kuma ni ba wai cika baki nikeyi kaman su saboda rashin sani ba, na je na gani da ido na, yawanci ba abun da suka tara sai bola.

Shawara na shine kayi shuru kaman baka ma nan, kayi amfani da wajannan domin fadakarwa amma duk wani aikin kirki da zaka nemi yi bata lokacin ka kakeyi. Allah ya ga niyan ka.
Re: What Are Your Perceptions About Northern Nigeria by 7lives: 5:05pm On Jan 30, 2017
I have been to so many local governments and townships in the North West, i love the easy way of life in the north.
Aside religious extremism and selfish leadership, North would have been a very beautiful place.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement / INEC Actually Declared Zero Votes For LP Here / Senate Denies Padding 2024 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.