Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? (6502 Views)

Poll: Who is most qualified to lead the Super Eagles?

Fatih Terim: 0% (0 votes)
Guus Hiddink: 66% (14 votes)
Giovanni Trappatoni: 9% (2 votes)
Amodu: 23% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Le Guen To Coach Super Eagles / Tijjani Babangida Appointed As Special Assistant To Coach Sunday Oliseh / Keshi Is The Best Indigenous Coach Nigeria Has Ever Had" - Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2009
waledoy:

Sagamite link=topic=353116.msg4956551#msg4956551 date=1258629899:

No 1, explain the lack of technics, leadership, organisation that you think Amodu lacks and give [b]specific examples of what you saw.[/b]
whoever saw our SE game home against Tunisia will see dis.

No 2, name the better coach you want, that is available, and has the technics, leadership and organisation.
so dr is no coach/manager better than Amodu? let NFF do dr job man! dat is why gt d pay lots of good managers are available if they want to get one. let dem search for best not Amodu type.

Foreign is not must if dr is any better local np.

You are not serious if you cannot be bothered to answer 2 simple questions.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by jaybee3(m): 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2009
Sagamite:

Which ones, chairman?

I thought I did. Do you want me to summarise for clarification?
you know say me i no go school and your qualitative analysis skills is way over ma league so i am comfortable with Q1, Ans1 et al
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2009
jay bee:

you know say me i no go school and your qualitative analysis skills is way over ma league so i am comfortable with Q1, Ans1 et al

And you think the Feyingbole education I got is worth the paper it is written on.  tongue grin

Summaries

jay bee:

here you go Sag,
why do you think super chickens always turn out lacklustre performances despite the fact that they are obviously talented?

Even the best coaches in the world give you lacklustre performances and are not sacked when they lose.

Amodu has not lost and has produced results and I think most Nigerians just magnify that lacklustredness because they struggle to comprehend and live with the failure of football after the failure of everything else in Nigeria and because as a black AFRICAN man, they automatically lack confidence in him in anything that involves using the brain. They feel reassured seeing a white man.

jay bee:

what other key requirements does a coach need to have other than tactical awareness?

Amodu has tactical awareness from what I have seen of his selections, formations, omissions and team play.

If a FC got the same results he is getting, he would not get as much headache all because he is white.

If it was Alex Ferguson that brought Martins in to score 2 goals to qualify for WC, he is tactical genius.

If it was Capello that brought Nsofor in to score the goal against Mozambique to keep or qualification for WC alive, he is too good.

But Amodu (black), it was the player power that did it.

jay bee:

why do you think Jose Maurinho has been so succesful?

I think my response earlier on this is as clear as daylight.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by jaybee3(m): 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2009
I was expecting words along the line of discipline and motivation.
I'm sure you will agree with me that they currently lack both. Amodu def succeeded with what he was tasked to do albeit with jaw dropping roller coaster moments along the way.
How do we get Amodu to instil dis 2 key qualities in the super chickens?
do you think him being a fellow Nigerian plus his relatively questionable experience in world stage would be able to do the above?

You used England as a reference in one of your response and i'm sure you have to agree with me that what they lack in the skills and technical guile like the spanish they def possess it in the lion heart and will to serve and achieve great things for their nation hence them and germany always coming up thumps in major competition.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2009
jay bee:

I'm sure you will agree with me that they currently lack both. Amodu def succeeded with what he was tasked to do albeit with jaw dropping roller coaster moments along the way.
do you think him being a fellow Nigerian plus his relatively questionable experience in world stage would be able to do the above?

You used England as a reference in one of your response and i'm sure you have to agree with me that what they lack in the skills and technical guile like the spanish they def possess it in the lion heart and will to serve and achieve great things for their nation hence them and germany always coming up thumps in major competition.

I disagree.

They have discipline off and on the pitch under Amodu that is no different from any European team (even some of there players make stupid errors).

In regards to motivation and lion heart, that is cultural and not Amodu's fault.

It takes time to change that, so that they play 60 mins of every match the way they played the last 20 mins against Kenya, last 15 against Mozambique and the 15 mins leading up to the second goal against Tunisia (which was THE BEST NIGERIAN FOOTBALL I had seen since 1997).
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2009
jay bee:

Your own na special case.

When next England is playing, I go come your house siddon watch am with you and show you that they make similar football errors like SE despite better players so you no go ever open ya mouth again. cool
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2009
Sagamite:

When I say worship, I mean coach, not country

We are in the same boat as per allegiance of country. I don't support any stupid Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal blah blah blah.

Very different. I support Chelsea and there is a reason for that. Believe me, it has nothing to do with England. When I go to the matches, I sometimes forget say na England becos aside the location and crowd there is nothing England there. I go there to watch football. I mean what is going on on the pitch to be precise.
My allegiance is to my country. FINITO!

I bet most of you use club success to justify the pedigree of coaches to take over from Amodu in a country role.
I bet most of you can't see things differently from others and we don't all think the same way.

How many countries are playing like Spain?

Brazil? Argentina? CIV? Ghana? England? Netherlands?

So who the hell is Nigeria for you to demand that is how we play.

That said, Nigeria has the second best qualifying stats after Spain.
Who is Nigeria? We are the GIANT of AFRICA!  cheesy And we have every right to aspire to play the best attacking football in the world. Who is the magga that says we can't? It ain't no crime.

Best Qualifying stats? Are you serious? The UEFA zone played more matches innit?
Germany scored 26 goals and conceded only 5 in 10 matches. 8 wins and 2 Draws.
Ivory Coast scored 19 and conceded 4 with just 1 draw in 6 matches
Nigeria scored 9 goals and conceded 4 with 3 wins and 3 draws in 6 matches
Spain scored a massive 30 GOALS and LOST NONE in 10 matches.

How is it now that Nigeria has the second best stat after spain or are you talking about another WCQ or tourney?

Concerning Mou, Club Football I repeat is different from National games -
- Players are of nearly the same mentality due to their nationality thus the approach is different;
- You have fewer games to prove yourself when managing a national team;
- Club football is MONEY, National game is PRIDE!
- In Club football many factors come into play and you will see that even some players perform better for their clubs than for country.
- LFS is a World Cup Champion but got sacked from Chelsea. That speaks volume.

Calling MU, Arsenal stupid because you don't support them is nonsense and smacks of arrogance. No basis for that.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2009
^^^^^^^

You got me there.

I missed out Germany. I don't know how, just did.  cheesy My bad.

In regards to the stats you put up there, you forgot that we played 6 matches in a first round? Hence 12 in total.

Out of the whole qualifying process only Spain, Germany  wink, Nigeria and South Korea never lost a single match.

Spain won all their matches. Clean.

Germany won all bar 2 which they drew.

Nigerian won all bar 3 which they drew.

Bleep ME!!!  grin grin grin

What is wrong with me?

As I was typing all of these, I just realised Italy and Holland did not lose a match as well.  grin grin grin grin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me start again.

Out of the whole qualifying process only Spain, Germany, Italy, Holland  wink, Nigeria and South Korea never lost a single match.

Spain won all their matches. Clean.
GD +23, 6 clean sheets out of 10

Holland won all their matches. Clean.
GD +15, 6 clean sheets out of 8

Germany won all their matches bar 2 which they drew.
GD +21, 7 clean sheets out of 10

Nigeria won all their matches bar 3 which they drew.
GD +15, 9 clean sheets out of 12 (Best at 75% with Holland, so the defence is not that horrible, could be better though)

Italy won all bar their matches bar 3 which they drew. But they played 2 matches less than Nigeria, so Nigeria won 2 matches more.
GD +11, 5 clean sheets out of 10

South Korea won all their matches bar 7 which they drew.
GD +15, 8 clean sheets out of 14

Giant ko, tolontolo ni! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Some you guys need to wake up, YOU ARE NOT EVEN IN BEST 2 in Africa at the moment in regards to player quality and team cohesion (which comes with time).

Mourinho is still building a team now, give him 4 years and see if Inter is beatable, 2 years on he is still not impressive. But if they keep changing coaches, they will struggle with teams from Albania.

Amodu too is entitled to time.

All your reasons for club football does not wash enough if a coach is truely good. Do those excuses still stand for continental club competitions? Also if that is the case you can not use club stats as evidence of a coach being better than Amodu.

Scolari got sacked because he did not deliver. If he had taken Chelsea to win games 1-0 only over and over again and played boring football, he would still have a job. Wouldn't he?
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 9:42am On Nov 20, 2009
Of course I got you there pants down!   tongue  grin  grin  grin And the reason is because you fail most times to see thing the way other people do.

And by the way, I think you also missed CIV, no?  cheesy

All coaches require time to get the result needed. Some need more time than others. That said, I still maintain that coaching a national team is different from managing a club. I don't have the time now to break it down for you.

We will give Amodu time because well, he qualified us for the 2010 WC and he WILL take them boys to the ANC.
After that, we shall discuss.

Meanwhile, Guus is still leading in the polls.  cheesy grin

As a side note I would like to see Wenger take over France one day though and Mourinho coach Portugal, Sir Alex take over scotland while Pep G, take over Spain and Hiddink take over Holland. Ancelotti take over Italy and Scolari return to Brazil and see who comes out on top at the end of the world cup.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:53am On Nov 20, 2009
FBS:

Of course I got you there pants down!   tongue  grin  grin  grin And the reason is because you fail most times to see thing the way other people do.

I try and see facts rather than pander to what other people see just to be liked.

One of the main FACTS: Amodu would have been a hero if TT did not mess up.

FBS:

And by the way, I think you also missed CIV, no?  cheesy

Yep. Multi-tasking is not a man's greatest strength.  grin grin grin

Typing long, passionate posts and doing work is not an easy thing and not miss anything out.

I must have eliminated CIV because they drew more than Nigeria by drawing 4 out of their 12 games. So Amodu has a better record than their WHITE coacheeee.

CIV, the strongest team in Africa with the best players, that some guys normally use to disparage Amodu and with a WHITE coach that has coached PSG, Lille, Transbonspor, drew with the likes of Botswana, Madagascar, Malawi and Mozambique (that some want to kill Amodu for) with class players and upon all, like Amodu, they could only win Mozambique at home by a single goal.

So why the Buhahah about Amodu drawing with a team as strong as Tunisia? Because he black?  grin grin grin

Amodu drew with Mozambique, kill him! A white coach with high level experience does the same with a stronger team and a Drogba, well they play classy football!  grin

Because of this, some are saying Amodu would not be able to perform at WC, are they saying they believe CIV would not perform at WC if they can not beat Botswana 15-0?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Can you see this lame logic? Those are the facts I try to see.

FBS:

We will give Amodu time because well, he qualified us for the 2010 WC and he WILL take them boys to the ANC.
After that, we shall discuss.

Meanwhile, Guus is still leading in the polls.  cheesy grin

As a side note I would like to see Wenger take over France one day though and Mourinho coach Portugal, Sir Alex take over scotland while Pep G, take over Spain and Hiddink take over Holland. Ancelotti take over Italy and Scolari return to Brazil and see who comes out on top at the end of the world cup.

Amodu to ANC is the minimum the guy deserves.

Hiddink na Hyena?

Im fail come wan chop the fruit of the person wey succeed.  grin
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by youngbest(m): 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2009
nations cup draw is out we are with EGYPT and once again Mozanbique
God's power Amodu
here is d draws,
DRAW RESULTS

GROUP A: Angola - Mali - Malawi - Algeria

GROUP B: Ivory Coast - Burkina Faso - Togo - Ghana

GROUP C: Egypt - Nigeria - Mozambique - Benin

GROUP D: Cameroon - Gabon - Zambia - Tunisia
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by youngbest(m): 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Europe's Best Penalty Takers In The World Of Football / Tennis Veteran, Serena Williams, Shows Off Hawt Bikini Body In Florida Beach! / Football Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.