Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,830,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? (6503 Views)

Poll: Who is most qualified to lead the Super Eagles?

Fatih Terim: 0% (0 votes)
Guus Hiddink: 66% (14 votes)
Giovanni Trappatoni: 9% (2 votes)
Amodu: 23% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Le Guen To Coach Super Eagles / Tijjani Babangida Appointed As Special Assistant To Coach Sunday Oliseh / Keshi Is The Best Indigenous Coach Nigeria Has Ever Had" - Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:37pm On Nov 18, 2009
It is actually quite interesting to compare the team list of Amodu's Nigeria to the France team to see the diffenrence in quality.

I have highlighted superior quality by bolden the better player and if quality is extremely higher, I have bolden in red.

Mandanda - Enyeama

Fanni - Adefemi
Eschude - Sodje
Squillaci - Adeleye
Evra - Echeijele

Vieira - Olofinjana
Diarra - Kalu Uche
Gourcuff - Kanu

Ribery - Odemwingie
Benzema - Akpala
Anelka - Ike Uche
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by marutimon: 11:44pm On Nov 18, 2009
Where is Martins? Mikel? Taiwo?

What team is this exactly?

p.s.Odemwingie is in my opinion on par with Ribery.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by semid4lyfe(m): 11:49pm On Nov 18, 2009
Maritumon, how many bottles you use this night? How can you say Odemwingie is at par with Ribery?

Na be na wa, na real wa for you!
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:00am On Nov 19, 2009
marutimon:

Where is Martins? Mikel? Taiwo?

What team is this exactly?

This is the exact team Amodu used to beat France in France.

marutimon:

p.s.Odemwingie is in my opinion on par with Ribery.

Come on, men.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by dreeldee: 12:04am On Nov 19, 2009
Hiddink for Chelsea Nigeria since he ain't going to the World Cup?
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by waleski(m): 12:21am On Nov 19, 2009
@marutimon my guy u make me want 2 laugh it is like footbal blashemy dat ribery is on par with osaze.ribery is france biggest star it is him they look 2 inspiration b4 henry nd benzema abeg dnt say dat thg outside or at viewing centers cause u wil be embrassed, funny guy ribery nd osaze maybe u are 2 patriotic.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Borat1: 12:27am On Nov 19, 2009
dreeldee:

Hiddink for Chelsea since he ain't going to the World Cup?

Definitely not Chelsea,
WE have a rock solid manager who knows his onions
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by dreeldee: 2:33am On Nov 19, 2009
~Borat~:

Definitely not Chelsea,
WE have a rock solid manager who knows his onions
Lol i meant Nigeria, was thinking that but something about Hiddink and Chelsea smiley
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 7:48am On Nov 19, 2009
@Borat,
Now you see that Hiddink is very much available?  wink

In fact ALL the managers on the poll are available.

By the way, Guus is leading in the polls! cheesy
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 9:27am On Nov 19, 2009
When Hiddink takes us to the world cup and then end up as a quarter finalist, we will all clap for him saying he did absolutely well, but when a local coach does the same, we will kill, beat, injure his personality, saying he should have won the world-cup.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 9:30am On Nov 19, 2009
Gone are the days of ass-licking.

Amodu, Hiddink, GT or whoever gets the nod should do a VERY GOOD job.

Nigerians are no fools. They can recognise success and passion when they see one at least when it comes to footie.

If Amodu gets to the QF of SA2010, believe me, he will get a job FOR LIFE with the SE.

Hiddink or any other foreigner on the other hand will be SACKED!!! FACT!
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by youngbest(m): 11:30am On Nov 19, 2009
hiddink and trapatoni are free
u guys are saying hiddink because
of what he did with chelsea
trappatonni won all uefa club competitions with juve
he also won all leaguue competitions
plus if u watched ireland vs france u wil see d quality
anyway dis na naija
we all no say na amodu go still go dat world cup
as for yakubu if we use him as our main striker
he wil score only one penalty
the reason amodu has an impressive record is because of d quality of our players
and of course luck
but he is still not good
wat baffles me is d fact dat he uses people who dont perform
and leaves who performmm well
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 11:50am On Nov 19, 2009
youngbest:

hiddink and trapatoni are free
u guys are saying hiddink because
of what he did with chelsea
trappatonni won all uefa club competitions with juve
he also won all leaguue competitions
plus if u watched ireland vs france u wil see d quality
anyway dis na naija
we all no say na amodu go still go dat world cup
as for yakubu if we use him as our main striker
he wil score only one penalty
the reason amodu has an impressive record is because of d quality of our players
and of course luck

but he is still not good
wat baffles me is d fact dat he uses people who dont perform
and leaves who performmm well 

But Trappatoni takes quality players and succeed and it is not luck but tactical genius?

Ferdinand messes up in defence in Champions League by playing around with the ball and opposition scores, you blame him not Ferguson.

TT messes up against Tunisia, your evidence that Amodu lacks tactical depth.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by ow11(m): 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2009
@Sagamite

Most Nigerians are upset because Nigeria is not playing like Barcelona and blame Amodu for it. While I do not think ANY coach would take us further than Amodu would in 2010, I must admit that Amodu has failed to bring forth new players.

Many of the respondents have failed to prove why they think Amodu is not good enough to lead Nigeria to SA and I admit it is a tall order to do so. However, Amodu must up his game a lil' bit more (Watch our league games till the end of the season and put presure on NFA to invite our Pseudo- Nigerians like Aogo, Ede, Okaka,Ogbonna, Onuoha etc). We need new players badly!!!
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by youngbest(m): 12:11pm On Nov 19, 2009
Sagamite:

But Trappatoni takes quality players and succeed and it is not luck but tactical genius?

Ferdinand messes up in defence in Champions League by playing around with the ball and opposition scores, you blame him not Ferguson.

TT messes up against Tunisia, your evidence that Amodu lacks tactical depth.

Ireland is not nigeria's mate
we are better than them
we played a friendly
they played better than uus and almost won
if not for nice defensive showing from sodje and adeleye (not yobo everton,s captain)
if fergie has somone better than ferdinand do u tink he owont use d person?
tt messed up from d beginning f d game the tunisians where exploiting his side
instead of him to stay and defend he kept mooving forward
the coach had enuuf time to bring in echejielle but he didnt u now wat happened after that
echejile is better cos wen he sees he wing is being exploited he doesnt go forward anymore
check out marseille after consistently leaving his wing taiwo was dropped from the first eleven
watch marseille milan highlight inzaghi escaped from Taiwo twice
that was enough for there coach to know that the guy cant be trusted
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by waledoy(m): 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2009
na wa o
infact I dont expect this kind of argument
we all watched all dis WQ and we know wot our problem is,
this team is lacking, (technics, leadership, organisation).
I dont ave any problem with Amodu but I dont believe in him he just dont ave the quality forget abt 'stat' he is not good enough for dat job. we need a better coach be foreign or local!
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2009
waledoy:

na wa o
infact I dont expect this kind of argument
we all watched all dis WQ and we know wot our problem is,
this team is lacking, (technics, leadership, organisation).
I dont ave any problem with Amodu but I dont believe in him he just dont ave the quality forget abt 'stat' he is not good enough for dat job. we need a better coach be foreign or local!

No 1, explain the lack of technics, leadership, organisation that you think Amodu lacks and give specific examples of what you saw.

No 2, name the better coach you want, that is available, and has the technics, leadership and organisation.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Emperoh(m): 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2009
honeric01:

When Hiddink takes us to the world cup and then end up as a quarter finalist, we will all clap for him saying he did absolutely well, but when a local coach does the same, we will kill, beat, injure his personality, saying he should have won the world-cup.

Guy, it beats me when u guys keep harping on this particular line. Do you think we are soo blinded by the whyte we can't recognise a good coach?
Are u saying then that we just want Amodu out cos his black? Or that all is well with the Super Eagles?
When John Obuh won Silver at the just concluded Cadet championship, how many people called for his head?
SiaOne got 2nd position in WYC 2005 and Olympics in China, how man people called for his head? We all criticised him when his team wasn't playing and praised him when he got it right. . . Berti Vogts was a whyte but we all saw the outrage that hit him when he failed.
Jo Bonfrere, Bora Milutinovic et al failed and we didn't balk cos he was whyte. We called for their head cos they were tactically defiecient.
Same with Bryan Robson abi Bobby Robson.

So quit this call of if he was whyte we will line up behind him. Something is wrong with the SE and Amodu is particularly not the solution to it all.
If Fergie messes up u all see the cries that follow it up. U all watch our daily debate in the club football section
So pls look for another angle to this your argument and stop bleating the same line over and over again.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2009
Emperoh:

Guy, it beats me when u guys keep harping on this particular line. Do you think we are soo blinded by the whyte we can't recognise a good coach?
Are u saying then that we just want Amodu out cos his black? Or that all is well with the Super Eagles?
When John Obuh won Silver at the just concluded Cadet championship, how many people called for his head?
SiaOne got 2nd position in WYC 2005 and Olympics in China, how man people called for his head? We all criticised him when his team wasn't playing and praised him when he got it right. . . Berti Vogts was a whyte but we all saw the outrage that hit him when he failed.
Jo Bonfrere, Bora Milutinovic et al failed and we didn't balk cos he was whyte. We called for their head cos they were tactically defiecient.

So quit this call of if he was whyte we will line up behind him. Something is wrong with the SE and Amodu is particularly not the solution to it all.
If Fergie messes up u all see the cries that follow it up. U all watch our daily debate in the club football section
So pls look for another angle to this your argument and stop bleating the same line over and over again.

Man, it beats me too but it's the true fact about Nigerians, especially those at home,  (i am home too). listen to brila fm every morning, when they talk about the SE, all they say is sack amodu sack amodu with no concrete reasons. who do you want as a coach, none of them can call on one. when siasia did bad with the u-20, some of us worshiping him started insulting him, saying he's no longer good and that he's just like Chukwu,  i am tired of the kind of people we have in this country. i am just tired of it.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by youngbest(m): 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2009
Emperoh:

tanks man
tell dem we dont want amodu
cos his technically incorrect,
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2009
@Emp, I tire for some people oo. This whitey thang is taking another angle.
Gone are them days men. A good coach is a GOOD coach. Who cares if he is from Benin Republic or New Zealand?
You rightly mentioned Sia1 and John Obuh and We all praised them.

honeric01:

Man, it beats me too but it's the true fact about Nigerians, especially those at home,  (i am home too). listen to brila fm every morning, when they talk about the SE, all they say is sack amodu sack amodu with no concrete reasons. who do you want as a coach, none of them can call on one. when siasia did bad with the u-20, some of us worshiping him started insulting him, saying he's no longer good and that he's just like Chukwu,  i am tired of the kind of people we have in this country. i am just tired of it.
The thing is, people forget easily and once the desired results are not forth coming, we ALL start to complain. It's human nature I think.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2009
Emperoh:

I am saying his critics understate, undermine and disparage his achievements because subconciously they have less regard for a black man.

If you look at the records of the white men they are recommending and idolising (some which are, I must say, better than Amodu), the results they have achieved is no more better than the ones you are criticising Amodu for (he could only win Kenya 3-2 blah blah blah).

If we look at stats only, despite the few problems with the team ("problems" and "few" I would soon come to), Amodu has done way above what I would have expected for the calibre I allocated to him despite TT messing him up. And he has done way better than any other SE coach IN HISTORY (white or black).

And if Advocaat came and got the same results, most of you guys would shut up and not say a word.

Emperoh:

Overaged players.

I still think Siasia is a good coach though.

Emperoh:

The problem with SE from what I have seen is hunger on the pitch. Their game play is not different from England that you guys praise so much. They too have their heart attack moments like Nigeria but their fans are not just as ridiculous to think they are all Mourinhos. The thing that makes their game better is the commitment you see in the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Rooney, Carragher, Ferdinand which only Odems demonstrate for Nigeria and they obviously have far better players.

This lack of hunger and mentality can only partially be blamed on Amodu because it is our culture to be inefficient and play bigmanism and that is not Amodu's fault.

I am blaming him because it is now his responsibility to change that but he has not yet.

But I realise such a change takes time (and not a short one, a very long one in most cases) and Amodu has delivered despite problem.

Few: If you look at Nigeria's game (bar Tun vs Nig) as a neutral, not some fanatical "we had a skilful team in 1994", you would appreciate their game is not that bad and they do attack quite well (hence the goals in the stats).

If it was England that scored a late goal against Ukraine to keep their WC dreams alive like Nigeria did Mozambique, their public will call them heroes, not rant the way we do. And I am sure, you all blacks will say Capello is genius when that happens.

The life of a black man!  undecided
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2009
Sagamite:

Few: If you look at Nigeria's game (bar Tun vs Nig) as a neutral, not some fanatical "we had a skilful team in 1994", you would appreciate their game is not that bad and they do attack quite well (hence the goals in the stats).
I would rather say, the game against France was the BEST and not because we won, but because of the way the played.
Other games, were bad. Very bad but getting the desired results is what matters and that I fully understand.
The last home match- The boys only started to play in the last 10 mins which brought us the goal.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2009
FBS:

I would rather say, the game against France was the BEST and not because we won, but because of the way the played.
Other games, were bad. Very bad but getting the desired results is what matters and that I fully understand.
The last home match- The boys only started to play in the last 10 mins which brought us the goal.

As long as they are not conceding goals and they are scoring more than their opponents, to me, they have started playing. That is what Amodu has done (to my surprise!).

For some reason, some of you just dream of some attacking football where we keep on bombarding the oppositions goal like if you are still in the 80s. You think they too are not developing their game? Why do you think Italy will struggle with Cyprus?

If you want that kind of attacking football, when the opposition arrives, run to the village, buy some aluminium pans (11 of them), buy a bag of groundnuts and encourage them to put it on their head. tongue grin So we know they came to sell groundnut.

England with their stars and world class coach don't play anything that excites me, don't have a certain pattern but they get results and you all worship them.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by jaybee3(m): 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2009
here you go Sag,
why do you think super chickens always turn out lacklustre performances despite the fact that they are obviously talented?

what other key requirements does a coach need to have other than tactical awareness?

why do you think Jose Maurinho has been so succesful?
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2009
Sagamite:

As long as they are not conceding goals and they are scoring more than their opponents, to me, they have started playing. That is what Amodu has done (to my surprise!).

For some reason, some of you just dream of some attacking football where we keep on bombarding the oppositions goal like if you are still in the 80s. You think they too are not developing their game? Why do you think Italy will struggle with Cyprus?

If you want that kind of attacking football, when the opposition arrives, run to the village, buy some aluminium pans (11 of them), buy a bag of groundnuts and encourage them to put it on their head. tongue grin So we know they came to sell groundnut.

England with their stars and world class coach don't play anything that excites me, don't have a certain pattern but they get results and you all worship them.
You know its disgusting when you say "some of you". I for one don't worship or support any other country except Nigeria and as such supported the boys from the beginning to the END!. And that is also why you saw me fighting tooth and nail for the U-17 (that's an expired topic now). I don't care who is playing as long as he is playing for NIGERIA and he better be good.
I don't see myself rooting for any other nation at the WC. Nah, not me.

If you are talking club football then that is a different thing and to which I believe you will agree.

Now, talking attacking footie. Spain play attacking footie from start to finish. Tell me, why can't we do same or even better?
Yes they need time to adapt though sometimes, attacking is NOT always the only solution. One has to adapt and study the opponent, but even when you are defending, you defend with CLASS! (Slovenia and Algeria of last night comes to my mind).

Frankly speaking, anyone wearing that jersey should know that this is WAR and not a child's play anymore. The boys lack that passion for the country (bar Osaze) and heck, someone has to instill this into them.

We can play better and we have the talent.  That is a FACT!!!

How much time do they need? Can Amodu do the job?
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2009
jay bee:

here you go Sag,
why do you think super chickens always turn out lacklustre performances despite the fact that they are obviously talented?

what other key requirements does a coach need to have other than tactical awareness?

why do you think Jose Maurinho has been so succesful?

Even though some of their game play might be annoying, if you watch the other teams of coaches you guys worship, in some games theirs is no better.

Nigerian fans are just pathetic, unrealistic and overzealous. Living in the dreamlands of 1994 and nothing else will do.

This guys are not losing, they are keeping a clean sheet, they win virtually all their games and score bunch of goals while hardly conceding any. Their problem is that they are a DISGRACE IN THEIR COMMITMENT and would do better if they can fix this. Tactics is just a shallow excuse to belittle a black man. Someone please tell me Capello's tactic with England.

Which Mourinho are you referring to?

Jose?

You mean the one that can not beat Anorthosis, Rubin Kazan, Panathinaikos, Werder Bremen and Dynamo Kiev with a team like Inter?

Where are the tactics you are talking about that he cannot beat this minnows?

Now tell me, if that was Amodu that could not do that, would you say he should keep his job?

Let me remind you of the players in Inter: Lúcio, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic (then), Muntari, Stanković, Júlio César, Córdoba, Zanetti, Quaresma, Sneijder, Vieira e don do? Abi you wan make I go on?
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2009
Sagamite:

Which Mourinho are you referring to?

Jose?

You mean the one that can not beat Anorthosis, Rubin Kazan, Panathinaikos, Werder Bremen and Dynamo Kiev with a team like Inter?

Where are the tactics you are talking about that he cannot beat this minnows?

Now tell me, if that was Amodu that could not do that, would you say he should keep his job?

Let me remind you of the players in Inter: Lúcio, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic (then), Muntari, Stanković, Júlio César, Córdoba, Zanetti, Quaresma, Sneijder, Vieira e don do? Abi you wan make I go on?
I think he beat Dinamo Kiev, no?  and away for that matter cheesy
Besides, I think managing a Club is different from National teams. The two should NOT be compared.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by waledoy(m): 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2009
[quote author=Sagamite link=topic=353116.msg4956551#msg4956551 date=1258629899][/quote]
No 1, explain the lack of technics, leadership, organisation that you think Amodu lacks and give specific examples of what you saw.

whoever saw our SE game home against Tunisia will see dis.

No 2, name the better coach you want, that is available, and has the technics, leadership and organisation.

so dr is no coach/manager better than Amodu? let NFF do dr job man! dat is why they gt d pay, lots of good managers are available if they want to get one. let dem search for best not Amodu type.

Foreign is not must if dr is any better local np.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2009
FBS:

You know its disgusting when you say "some of you". I for one don't worship or support any other country except Nigeria and as such supported the boys from the beginning to the END!. And that is also why you saw me fighting tooth and nail for the U-17 (that's an expired topic now). I don't care who is playing as long as he is playing for NIGERIA and he better be good.
I don't see myself rooting for any other nation at the WC. Nah, not me.

When I say worship, I mean coach, not country!

We are in the same boat as per allegiance of country. I don't support any stupid Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal blah blah blah.

FBS:

If you are talking club football then that is a different thing and to which I believe you will agree.

How much different? No excuses.

I bet most of you use club success to justify the pedigree of coaches to take over from Amodu in a country role.

FBS:

Now, talking attacking footie. Spain play attacking footie from start to finish. Tell me, why can't we do same or even better?

How many countries are playing like Spain?

Brazil? Argentina? CIV? Ghana? England? Netherlands?

So who the hell is Nigeria for you to demand that is how we play.

That said, Nigeria has the second best qualifying stats after Spain.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by jaybee3(m): 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2009
Oga sag, answer the questions
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2009
FBS:

I think he beat Dinamo Kiev, no?  and away for that matter cheesy
Besides, I think managing a Club is different from National teams. The two should NOT be compared.

In injury time? After drawing with them in the first game? With all the world stars in his team

And Amodu is rubbish for beating Mozambique in injury time? With his average team? undecided

The life of a black man.

jay bee:

Oga sag, answer the questions

Which ones, chairman?

I thought I did. Do you want me to summarise for clarification?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tennis Veteran, Serena Williams, Shows Off Hawt Bikini Body In Florida Beach! / Football Quotes / Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.