Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,435 members, 7,830,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? (6504 Views)

Poll: Who is most qualified to lead the Super Eagles?

Fatih Terim: 0% (0 votes)
Guus Hiddink: 66% (14 votes)
Giovanni Trappatoni: 9% (2 votes)
Amodu: 23% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Le Guen To Coach Super Eagles / Tijjani Babangida Appointed As Special Assistant To Coach Sunday Oliseh / Keshi Is The Best Indigenous Coach Nigeria Has Ever Had" - Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by U1(m): 2:04pm On Nov 18, 2009
I'm really shocked that we can still find some people routiNg for Amodu to remain the national team coach. To be fair to the man, he didn't lose any match throughout the qualifiers, but I will say it is rather a case of luck. At least from my layman knowledge I know that there is no tactical depth in the team as apparent in the way they played. And do you think that on a bad day, a team not as strong as Spain wouldn't have walloped us like 5-0?

The only think I can advice to compensate Amodu is to let him be the assistant coach, if they eventuallly decide to get another coach (a better one is all I think they should replace him with). I mean I want to see the Eagles I use to know back then. It has gotten so bad, in spite of the winnings, that watching the these guys play could be dangerous to health, especially if you are hypertensive. sad lipsrsealed
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2009
U1:

I'm really shocked that we can still find some people routiNg for Amodu to remain the national team coach. To be fair to the man, he didn't lose any match throughout the qualifiers, but I will say it is rather a case of luck. At least from my layman knowledge I know that there is no tactical depth in the team as apparent in the way they played. And do you think that on a bad day, a team not as strong as Spain wouldn't have walloped us like 5-0?

The only think I can advice to compensate Amodu is to let him be the assistant coach, if they eventuallly decide to get another coach (a better one is all I think they should replace him with). I mean I want to see the Eagles I use to know back then. It has gotten so bad, in spite of the winnings, that watching the these guys play could be dangerous to health, especially if you are hypertensive. sad lipsrsealed

Name 5 coaches that has a better CV than Amodu now (coaches that are out of job at present)
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2009
@FBS

Can you please change the names on the poll to coaches out of a job?
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Emperoh(m): 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2009
Sagamite
I am still finding it too hard to fall for your peach analysis. . . .  .two things still bother me about the SE
Our pattern of play is too ragtag. . . . No cutting edge, our all out atacking play is gradually being stifled.
We don't even have natural wingers. Assuming we don't have a natural AM, the next best thing is to result to Barca/Arsenal style of play.
Crisp timely displacing passes. The closest our game came to it was against France. And u need very good wngers to execute this plan spotlessly.

Secondly, personality inspires passion and commitment. Amodu can't inspire these players.
Its been proven time and time again. . . . . .what do we need to bring up their spirits. I just don't know if there is a way to transmute the spirits of these Golden Eaglests to that of the SE. I so passionately want to. If we can do this, then i don't think we need be here arguing on what to do.

A not soo good team need three very essentials qualities to excel. Team Spirit, Tactical Discipline and Passion for the game.
The class of 94 has it in abundance, Mozambique also did albeit with below average players. Greece in 2004 ad even USA in the last Confed Cup
Tell me any SuperStar in that US team. But u saw how they nearly tore Brazil apart?

But like you said, lets watch Amodu at the ANC. I bet we might end up in third place again grin grin
After that, we can thendecide if he will take us to South Africa in 2010.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 2:26pm On Nov 18, 2009
honeric01:

@FBS

namely?
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by U1(m): 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2009
honeric01:

Name 5 coaches that has a better CV than Amodu now (coaches that are out of job at present)

I mean when have I become a member of the technical team of the NFF? So better coaches are hard to find?
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by U1(m): 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2009
Now let's get serious for a while, who invited the players in the first place? Me? Wasn't it this same guy who said he will not use any home based player? That he is going to use "pros"? Now look at what he has brought upon himself. Babu good defence and midfield. undecided
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2009
We won’t sack Amodu - Lulu

NFF President Sani Lulu insists that it would be an 'injustice' to fire Super Eagles coach Shuiabu Amodu, after he qualified Nigeria for the 2010 World Cup.

Nigeria's route to qualification was littered with disappointment when they went behind on the opening day, elation when they held Tunisia at Rades, massive shock followed by resignation when they were held by the North Africans in the reverse fixture in Abuja and heart-stopping anxiety when they played their final game in Nairobi on the last day.

It is a situation that hs been blamed on Amodu perceived lack of technical competence, despite his finishing the entire 12-game qualifying series unbeaten, winning nine and drawing three games. Only the Ivory Coast has a similar record.

But the long knives have been out for the coach, and his tempestuous relationship with the media have done nothing to help his cause.

But Lulu, his boss, says Amodu will stay.

"Sack who! Shuaibu Amodu? Only one condition can make me to tell Shaibu Amodu to step aside for the South Africa 2010 FIFA World Cup; if Sir Alex Ferguson of Manchester United accepts to take charge of the Super Eagles," Lulu told The Nation, a national newspaper.

And he made it clear that even under those circumstances; Amodu would remain part of the set-up.

"Even at that I cannot sack him. I can only tell him to work with him. Would that not be an injustice to tell a man not to reap from his labour."

Lulu has had opposition from his board members in the past, and asked what he would do if the majority wanted Amodu out, Lulu said the board had a conscience.

"I know my board is a responsible board and we have conscience. If the majority thinks otherwise I would not say no but I will advise them appropriately."

He added that the next step would be for the coach to submit his program for the Nations Cup.

"The main focus now is the Nations Cup in Angola early next year. The coach should be able to come up with his program for the African soccer fiesta and the federation will support him the way we stood by him during the World Cup qualifying matches."
Colin Udoh

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=12309
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 3:04pm On Nov 18, 2009
Emperoh:

But like you said, lets watch Amodu at the ANC. I bet we might end up in third place again grin grin

And he must win the worldcup too, he MUST!!!
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 3:06pm On Nov 18, 2009
FBS:

namely?

Ask those who want amodu sacked
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2009
honeric01:

Ask those who want amodu sacked
You made the below request, no?

honeric01:

@FBS
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2009
U1:

I mean when have I become a member of the technical team of the NFF? So better coaches are hard to find?

Then you leave the issue for those who knows how to assess a good coach.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 3:15pm On Nov 18, 2009
FBS:

You made the below request, no?

I made the request for those who want Amodu sacked, now they should let us have the names of the coaches they want for the super eagles.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by semid4lyfe(m): 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2009
Where is Sagamite? Abeg, show make I buy you beer.

Wow!Your analysis and defence of Amodu was nothing short of BRILLIANT and I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said.

How I wish all what u posted could be documented and presented to all those politicians, NFF members, journalists, football enthusiasts etc calling for Amodu's sack.

Well done!
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 4:23pm On Nov 18, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Wow!Your analysis and defence of Amodu was nothing short of BRILLIANT and I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said.

How I wish all what u posted could be documented and presented to all those politicians, NFF members, journalists, football enthusiasts etc calling for Amodu's sack.

Well done!

All better still given to the sport press to print out, they are hell gonna make alot of money with all these analysis
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Borat1: 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2009
Those voting for Guus should vote till thy kingdom comes,
HE is not and will never be available to coach Nigeria!
As for Amodu, only a fool will recommend him as our coach in SA 2010
We are a forgetful bunch and just because the players qualified themselves for the world cup, we are clamouring to keep him
The same people who have been calling for his head just a while ago
Nonsense
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2009
~Borat~:

So because i want him left alone as the coach, that makes me a fool? so what does it make you?
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by youngbest(m): 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2009
looolllllll see wetin amodu dey cause
trapattoni is really superior 2 all d coaches on d poll
i will choose him and he is real strict
his d greatest italian coach (naija can undo dat sha)
and all d world best coaches now are italians
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 18, 2009
This same thing happened in 2002 when we managed to qualify,onigbinde took us to the world cup & we failed woefully.,we can still make make things right at this early stage.,all we want is a good outing come 2010 and WE MUST HAVE A GOOD COACH TO SEE US THROUGH.the earlier we start planning,
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 6:40pm On Nov 18, 2009
U1:

You mean like when France walloped his team?

If Amodu takes us to beat France, it is luck!

If Capello takes us to beat France, it is amazing, unbelievable tactical genius!
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 6:53pm On Nov 18, 2009
Emperoh:

Sagamite
I am still finding it too hard to fall for your peach analysis. . . .  .two things still bother me about the SE
Our pattern of play is too ragtag. . . . No cutting edge, our all out atacking play is gradually being stifled.

Ok, please tell me what is the pattern of play of England?

They pass the ball around and when an opportunity comes Gerrard or Lampard takes a banana shot, Rooney does a brilliant thing or Lennon disrupts a defence and all of a sudden you all scream Capello is a tactical genius, it is not Lampard's/etc's brilliance.

Do they use wingers? Are they entertaining?

Amodu's team pass the ball around, Odems disrupt defence or Ike Uche does it and makes a 1-2 pass with team-mates or a cross comes in from Mikel/Yobo/Olofinjana/Kalu for Nsofor to lan-ga-lang or Kanu comes to spray passes and you all say it is the just luck or individual brilliance not Amodu's work.

Emperoh:

We don't even have natural wingers. Assuming we don't have a natural AM, the next best thing is to result to Barca/Arsenal style of play.
Crisp timely displacing passes. The closest our game came to it was against France. And u need very good wngers to execute this plan spotlessly.

Although you have a point there, we are using skillful strikers (Odems/Ike Uche) and direct power (Nsofor/Yak) and we have scored 33 goals in 20 games.

Emperoh:

Secondly, personality inspires passion and commitment. Amodu can't inspire these players.
Its been proven time and time again. . . . . .what do we need to bring up their spirits. I just don't know if there is a way to transmute the spirits of these Golden Eaglests to that of the SE. I so passionately want to. If we can do this, then i don't think we need be here arguing on what to do.

Hmmm! He doesn't?

But they can hustle and score Tunisia late, Mozambique in injury time and Kenya in last 8 minutes?

But I bet you will say Capello inspires England?

Emperoh:

A not soo good team need three very essentials qualities to excel. Team Spirit, Tactical Discipline and Passion for the game.
The class of 94 has it in abundance, Mozambique also did albeit with below average players. Greece in 2004 ad even USA in the last Confed Cup
Tell me any SuperStar in that US team. But u saw how they nearly tore Brazil apart?

Definitely he has a right to ANC to build his team.

What is wrong with if he ends up in 3rd place?

My friend wake up, it is 2009, not 1994.

We are not even in the strongest 2 in Africa and even the 3rd strongest we will share with about 3 teams. So why do you think it is your birthright to win ANC?
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2009
FBS:

We won’t sack Amodu - Lulu

NFF President Sani Lulu insists that it would be an 'injustice' to fire Super Eagles coach Shuiabu Amodu, after he qualified Nigeria for the 2010 World Cup.

Nigeria's route to qualification was littered with disappointment when they went behind on the opening day, elation when they held Tunisia at Rades, massive shock followed by resignation when they were held by the North Africans in the reverse fixture in Abuja and heart-stopping anxiety when they played their final game in Nairobi on the last day.

It is a situation that hs been blamed on Amodu perceived lack of technical competence, despite his finishing the entire 12-game qualifying series unbeaten, winning nine and drawing three games. Only the Ivory Coast has a similar record.

But the long knives have been out for the coach, and his tempestuous relationship with the media have done nothing to help his cause.

But Lulu, his boss, says Amodu will stay.

"Sack who! Shuaibu Amodu? Only one condition can make me to tell Shaibu Amodu to step aside for the South Africa 2010 FIFA World Cup; if Sir Alex Ferguson of Manchester United accepts to take charge of the Super Eagles," Lulu told The Nation, a national newspaper.

And he made it clear that even under those circumstances; Amodu would remain part of the set-up.

"Even at that I cannot sack him. I can only tell him to work with him. Would that not be an injustice to tell a man not to reap from his labour."

Lulu has had opposition from his board members in the past, and asked what he would do if the majority wanted Amodu out, Lulu said the board had a conscience.

"I know my board is a responsible board and we have conscience. If the majority thinks otherwise I would not say no but I will advise them appropriately."

He added that the next step would be for the coach to submit his program for the Nations Cup.

"The main focus now is the Nations Cup in Angola early next year. The coach should be able to come up with his program for the African soccer fiesta and the federation will support him the way we stood by him during the World Cup qualifying matches."
Colin Udoh

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=12309

Lulu bleeping deserves a GCFR!!!

And I used to think NFF was dumb.

Amodu, do us proud at ANC.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Borat1: 7:01pm On Nov 18, 2009
Sani Lulu is an even bigger fool,
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2009
~Borat~:

Those voting for Guus should vote till thy kingdom comes,
HE is not and will never be available to coach Nigeria!
We are a forgetful bunch and just because the players qualified themselves for the world cup, we are clamouring to keep him
The same people who have been calling for his head just a while ago
Nonsense

And give your points about why not Amodu. We dey wait, I love to cut people into shreds!
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 7:10pm On Nov 18, 2009
Sagamite:

And give your points about why not Amodu. We dey wait, I love to cut people into shreds!

He's yet to answer a question i asked him, so yours won't come until Angola 2010 wink
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 7:15pm On Nov 18, 2009
honeric01:

He's yet to answer a question i asked him, so yours won't come until Angola 2010 wink

Oh! Na dat type? Like MrCrackles?

Ok o.

[Daggers withdrawn]
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2009
Sagamite:

Oh! Na dat type? Like MrCrackles?
Ok o.
[Daggers withdrawn]
Old man why are you obsessed with my username ,keep it outta your mouth. . .
What stupid question did you ask me that i didnt answer wink
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Borat1: 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2009
Sagamite:

honeric01:

If i had a little more time, i would dig into the archives and uncover posts of you both cussing the life out of Amodu,
Sani Lulu can sit where he wants with his big head and spew whatever nonsense he wishes
Its all political. I can authoritatively tell you that Nigeria are looking for a foreign and better coach behind his back! tongue
The Last game was what changed our fortunes, and suddenly you forget the games past that had amodu looking like a primary school team coach with his lack of tactics and loadful of bullshit
Amodu ko, Lulu ni
Nonsense
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2009
~Borat~:

If i had a little more time, i would dig into the archives and uncover posts of you both cussing the life out of Amodu,

Be my guest, i am waiting okay?
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2009
~Borat~:

Sani Lulu can sit where he wants with his big head and spew whatever nonsense he wishes
Its all political. I can authoritatively tell you that Nigeria are looking for a foreign and better coach behind his back! tongue
The Last game was what changed our fortunes, and suddenly you forget the games past that had amodu looking like a primary school team coach with his lack of tactics and loadful of bullshit
Amodu ko, Lulu ni
Nonsense

I dare you!
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Well done!

I hope some of them are reading.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by semid4lyfe(m): 10:38pm On Nov 18, 2009
I hope so too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tennis Veteran, Serena Williams, Shows Off Hawt Bikini Body In Florida Beach! / Football Quotes / Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.