Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? (6505 Views)

Poll: Who is most qualified to lead the Super Eagles?

Fatih Terim: 0% (0 votes)
Guus Hiddink: 66% (14 votes)
Giovanni Trappatoni: 9% (2 votes)
Amodu: 23% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Le Guen To Coach Super Eagles / Tijjani Babangida Appointed As Special Assistant To Coach Sunday Oliseh / Keshi Is The Best Indigenous Coach Nigeria Has Ever Had" - Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2009
semid:

Honeric01, if I may remix your lingo - I 1000000% want to see Amodu at the World cup.

uhm ok
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Emperoh(m): 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2009
Saga, Honerico
Pls lets get something straight, i am not a party calling for foreign coach. If the person to build the present SE into a mobile team is black, pls bring him on.
If u can give me Hassan Shehata to coach the Super Eagles, i will gladly take him.
If Amodu has shown over the qualifiers that he has the qualities of a good coach with all intents and purposes, pls let him go.
Maybe u guys want to compensate him for his achievements with the SE by allowing him go to SA but lo will that solve our problem? MBA!!!

Amodu loally is not a bad coach but will any of you be surprised if he doesn't do well in the WC? I guess no!!
His achievements in the Local league will be dwarfed when he comes face to face with the pedigree of star coaches in SA

Why would he allow Kanu, Taiwo and Adeleye to put him in a precarious situ.
Did you watch the game in Nairabi? Maybe you woulda said Yobo would have put him in soup innit?

My guy, this guy had all the time in the world to evolve at least a make shift team. Can u authoritatively tell me that u are impressed with the way the SE is at present? Yes or No. pls no reasons!!

I don't subscribe to sending him intoto. No. He has shown he has the talents but their is a limit to everything.
Get him a world class technical adviser and saddle him as an under-study, let him go for refresher courses and update his memory.
I am more saddened cos we don't have a play pattern and his player no longer respect him. How can u dish out instructions to people who have no regard for u and expect it to be obeyed? Pally it goes beyond being a local champion.
THE WC is a stage for class and grit, beautiful football and guile. He can evolve that with the current coaching crew!!

I am not in a mood to react to your posts above, i will do that in full tomorrow. BUt man, if you tell me you are convinced with our display thus far,
then man, U need to re-discover how u watch footie!! grin
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2009
tkb417:

haha, what did Mozambique and CIV play in Abidjan? compare to what happened when they came here
youre right just that the other super powers are still waxing stronger except Nigeria. CIV, Cameroon, Ghana and co will spell Mozambique anytime anyday just like Spain will wallop Bosnia anytime anyday.

same cannot be said of Nigeria; why? Footie is declining cos of a lotta factors
the inept football adminstrators aided by an incompetent manager who knows next to nothing about the dynamics of world footie.

i insist, from the evidence of play, we have nothing to offer the world at the mundial
even in qualification, CIV posted an impressive 3-0 victory at home against Guinea
remind me of when uve seen a 2 goal margin victory for Super eagles under Amodu and to thinkwe have been playing the likes of Kenya begs a lotta questions. only God knows the kinda humiliation that will come over us when we face teams like Ivory Coast and Ghana

Omo, CIV could only beat Mozambique 1-0 just like Nigeria. The goal was scored in the 75th minute so not much difference and CIV are the biggest and best guys in Africa at the moment. Hence, Mozambique are not boys. No one is going to be spelling their names.

I repeat 12 games, 9 wins, 9 clean sheets, 3 draws, No game lost, 20 goals scored, 5 goals conceded in 12 games.

No other team in the qualifications in Africa has a better record. Not Ghana, not Cameroun and not CIV. The only thing is that we drew with Mozambique and led to drop in belief and TT messed us up when it mattered.

The Spain you are talking about and England are probably the only 2 teams that have shined, so it is unfair judgement tool.

Portugal 0 - Albania 0 in Lisbon and with Christiano Ronaldo not Eneramo.
Portugal 2 - Denmark 3 in Lisbon and with Christiano Ronaldo not Nsofor.
Germany 1 - Finland 1 in Hamburg and with Ballack not Olofinjana.
Germany 3 - Finland 3
Germany 2 - Azerbaijan 1 in Hamburg
Armenia 1 - Spain 2 with David Villa, Xavi, Iniesta not Kaita, Odemwingie or Kalu Uche
Austria 3 - France 1 with Henry, Vieira, Evra, Anelka, Malouda not Chidi Odiah
Italy 0 - Bulgaria 0

Even the almighty, all conquering and great Brazil played 18 games and only won 9, drew SEVEN and lost 2.

Brazil 0 - Bolivia 0
Brazil 0 - Colombia 0
Brazil 0 - Venezuela 0

Guess what?  . . . . . . . . . . . All in RIO DE JANEIRO with Kaka, Robinho, Elano, Lucio, Dani Alves, Maicon and even person wey dem DEY CALL "HULK" of all names. Wey him power?  grin

Paraguay 2 - Brazil 0

Amodu brought us one 3-nil and one 4-1 (that should have been 4-0 if not for own goal) and did not lose a SINGLE game. He has done quite well and needs to do better and can.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 9:01pm On Nov 17, 2009
Sagamite:

Omo, CIV could only beat Mozambique 1-0 just like Nigeria. The goal was scored in the 75th minute so not much difference and CIV are the biggest and best guys in Africa at the moment. Hence, Mozambique are not boys. No one is going to be spelling their names.

I repeat 12 games, 9 wins, 9 clean sheets, 3 draws, No game lost, 20 goals scored, 5 goals conceded in 12 games.

No other team in the qualifications in Africa has a better record. Not Ghana, not Cameroun and not CIV. The only thing is that we drew with Mozambique and led to drop in belief and TT messed us up when it mattered.

The Spain you are talking about and England are probably the only 2 teams that have shined, so it is unfair judgement tool.

Portugal 0 - Albania 0 in Lisbon and with Christiano Ronaldo not Eneramo.
Portugal 2 - Denmark 3 in Lisbon and with Christiano Ronaldo not Nsofor.
Germany 1 - Finland 1 in Hamburg and with Ballack not Olofinjana.
Germany 3 - Finland 3
Germany 2 - Azerbaijan 1 in Hamburg
Armenia 1 - Spain 2 with David Villa, Xavi, Iniesta not Kaita, Odemwingie or Kalu Uche
Austria 3 - France 1 with Henry, Vieira, Evra, Anelka, Malouda not Chidi Odiah
Italy 0 - Bulgaria 0

Even the almighty, all conquering and great Brazil played 18 games and only won 9, drew SEVEN and lost 2.

Brazil 0 - Bolivia 0
Brazil 0 - Colombia 0
Brazil 0 - Venezuela 0

Guess what?  . . . . . . . . . . . All in RIO DE JANEIRO with Kaka, Robinho, Elano, Lucio, Dani Alves, Maicon and even person wey dem DEY CALL HULK of all names. Wey him power?  grin

Paraguay 2 - Brazil 0

Amodu brought us one 3-nil and one 4-1 (that should have been 4-0 if not for own goal). He has done quite well and needs to do better and can.

please tell them abeg.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2009
honeric01:

please tell them abeg.

I am even being gentle by not adding Brazil's loss of 2-1 to Bolivia because I know their is some altitude advantage and I don't want to be unfair with my arguments just for the sake of winning (I am too objective for my own good  cry). It is because of my aim to be fair that I have not brought up Argentina because that na serious story.

But if one looks at it, the altitude is not an excuse if Chile, Equador and Venezuela can go to Bolivia and win. Even Uruguay got a draw. So what is BRAZIL's excuse?

If this can happen to the great Brazil, why so much buhaha over draws with a team like Tunisia that is as good as SE based on their team cohesiveness.

So what would dey say? The coaching crew of Brazil should be shot.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2009
I forgot this:

Italy 3 - Cyprus (I bolded it) 2 in Parma

Italy scored the winner in the 92nd minute.

What should they do? Rip-out the intestines of Lippi?

And later when they hire Lippi as SE coach, we would be singing and dancing and say they should award every NFF board member a Grand Commander of the Order of the Federal Republic (GCFR).
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2009
Italy 2 - Montenegro 1 in Lecce

and na crime to beat Kenya "only" 3-2 in Nairobi?
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by vikiviko(m): 9:50pm On Nov 17, 2009
So Amodu will be demoted or sacked again ?

Na wa o!
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 10:17pm On Nov 17, 2009
Emperoh:

Saga, Honerico
Pls lets get something straight, i am not a party calling for foreign coach. If the person to build the present SE into a mobile team is black, pls bring him on.
If u can give me Hassan Shehata to coach the Super Eagles, i will gladly take him.
If Amodu has shown over the qualifiers that he has the qualities of a good coach with all intents and purposes, pls let him go.
Maybe u guys want to compensate him for his achievements with the SE by allowing him go to SA but lo will that solve our problem? MBA!!!

Amodu loally is not a bad coach but will any of you be surprised if he doesn't do well in the WC? I guess no!!
His achievements in the Local league will be dwarfed when he comes face to face with the pedigree of star coaches in SA

How do you know this?

He beat France in Lille with an SE A-minus team despite their international stars? Was he dwarfed?

Emperoh:

Why would he allow Kanu, Taiwo and Adeleye to put him in a precarious situ.
Did you watch the game in Nairabi? Maybe you woulda said Yobo would have put him in soup innit?

What is he suppose to do when they don't do basic things a professional will do?

Is he going to go on the pitch and drag TT to mark the player running past him?

Sometimes you guys need to know when to blame a player ENTIRELY without even throwing the coach in the equation.

I am yet to see anyone blame Ferguson for Ferdinand's mistakes.

Emperoh:

My guy, this guy had all the time in the world to evolve at least a make shift team. Can u authoritatively tell me that u are impressed with the way the SE is at present? Yes or No. pls no reasons!!

I don't subscribe to sending him intoto. No. He has shown he has the talents but their is a limit to everything.
Get him a world class technical adviser and saddle him as an under-study, let him go for refresher courses and update his memory.
I am more saddened cos we don't have a play pattern and his player no longer respect him. How can u dish out instructions to people who have no regard for u and expect it to be obeyed? Pally it goes beyond being a local champion.
THE WC is a stage for class and grit, beautiful football and guile. He can evolve that with the current coaching crew!!

I am not in a mood to react to your posts above, i will do that in full tomorrow. BUt man, if you tell me you are convinced with our display thus far,
then man, U need to re-discover how u watch footie!! grin

Now let me run some deep analysis by you.

In the last WC in 2006, Italy won (Under Lippi), France was second (under Domenech) and Portugal was third (under Scolari).

Were they outstanding in qualifiers before achieving these great feats?

Capital NO!

Italy was in a very easy group with the biggest name being Scotland and Norway but they lost to Slovenia 1-0 and drew 2 matches, won 7. Yet they still went on to WIN the WC without changing their coach.

France was worse. The biggest name in their group was Rep of Ireland. They played 10, won 5 and drew 5 with the likes of Isreal, Switzerland and ROI. Yet they went on to reach the finals without changing their coach who is still there til today.

Portugal drew with the likes of LeichtensteinI bolded it  grin grin grin grin and Slovakia. And their coach was ScolariI bolded it!.

Would you have said they should have sacked these coaches before the WC?

Amodu:

12 games, 9 wins, 9 clean sheets, 3 draws, No game lost, 20 goals scored, 5 goals conceded in 12 games and a WC ticket
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by jaybee3(m): 10:21pm On Nov 17, 2009
@sag
did they pay you to be amodu's media spinner?
we get it now. joker
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2009
Leichtenstein

Population: 35, 000 (abeg that is thousand o, not millions)

Football team players: Carpenters, butchers, bankers and lower league players in Germany, Switzerland and Austria etc.

Played against:

[1] RICARDO (GK)
[2] PAULO FERREIRA
[4] JORGE ANDRADE
[6] COSTINHA
[7] LUIS FIGO
[9] PAULETA (-68')
[14] NUNO VALENTE
[16] RICARDO CARVALHO
[17] CRISTIANO RONALDO
[18] MANICHE (-85')
[20] DECO (-75')

Scores: Leichtenstein 2 vs Portugal 2

Coach: Scolari
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 10:26pm On Nov 17, 2009
jay bee:

@sag
did they pay you to be amodu's media spinner?
we get it now. joker

Omo, they must not sack this guy. He DESERVES to take us to the WC, he has worked HARD for it for a SECOND TIME. grin grin grin

I still wonder why there is no report that he has had a heart attack when these passionless bunch let him down.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by chamotex(m): 10:28pm On Nov 17, 2009
Fatih Terim is a Good Coach . . . . . . . Very Good
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by semid(m): 11:50pm On Nov 17, 2009
Sagamite, u too much. Amodu and no1else MUST take us to the World cup.QED!
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Borat1: 12:08am On Nov 18, 2009
Just before you guys start pissing on urselves,
Rep of Ireland and Russia will qualify for 2010 cool
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:48am On Nov 18, 2009
In 2010 WC qualifiers:

[size=14pt]Cameroun[/size]
Cameroun 2 - Tanzania 1
Tanzania 0 - Cameroun 0
Cape Verde 1 - Cameroun 2
Cameroun 2 - Gabon 1
Camoroun 0 - Morocco 0
Togo 1 - Cameroun 0

[size=14pt]Ghana[/size]
LesothoI bolded it 2 - Ghana 3
LibyaI bolded it 1 - Ghana 0
Ghana 2 - Mali 2
Ghana 1 - Benin 0 (x2)

[size=14pt]CIV[/size]
CIV 1 - Mozambique 0
BotswanaI bolded it 1 - CIV 1
Mozambique 1 - CIV 1
MadagascarI bolded it 0 - CIV 0
Burkina Faso 2 - CIV 3
Guinea 1 - CIV 2
Malawi 1 - CIV 1

Should I rest my case?
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 1:26am On Nov 18, 2009
Only Nigeria, Spain and South Korea did not lose a single match in qualifiers.

South Korea's stat is inferior to Nigeria's. Spain's own is the best in the world.

But it is only our own coach that has black pigmentation, hence his faults are magnified and we feel he does not inspire confidence in his team and definitely not with the public that only feel assured with a white man.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 2:08am On Nov 18, 2009
Sorry guys, I am pouring more on you.

I am trying to cover all bases now, so when I have less time to research and people are throwing irrelevant points, I can refer to this thread to correct them.

Now lets look at recent friendlies under Amodu even though they are not competitive and usually experimental.

Nigeria 1 - 1 Austria (this is the same team that beat France 3-1)
Nigeria 0 - 1 Colombia (this is the same team that Brazil could not beat, they drew home and way 0-0, hence Kaka, Robinho and co could not score)
Nigeria 0 - 0 Jamaica
Nigeria 1 - 1 Republic of Ireland (this is the same team Italy could not beat, they drew home and way 1-1 and 2-2)
Nigeria 1 - 0 France (Case closed)

Did someone say Amodu could not compete at global stage?

Surely he has not been embarassed yet.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 7:49am On Nov 18, 2009
I think it will be wise to seperate competitive matches from friendlies. It's a different ball game when 3 points is at stake.

Anyways, there should be a friendly with Argentina coming up today, no? Can't find the details though.

For the sake of honeric01  cheesy , I'm going to put Amodu's name in the poll. Let the people decide.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Emperoh(m): 8:42am On Nov 18, 2009
Well i think Saga has put a stron g argument
But still, he hasn't addressed the endemic problem. Does he like the SE team the way it is?
I don't think i do and i fear we will be disgraced in the World Cup cos we want compensate Amodu for what he achieved for us.
Methinks he needs serious technical and personality upgrade. He doesn't cut the picture and hasn't shown the qualities required to handle the SE players as effectively as we can be. By your arguments, u have only told me one thing.

That our players are way above average. Forget about playing for big or small teams in Europe.
We need someone who techinically and wholly harness the potential that this team has.

Am sure about one thing though; Amodu won't take us to the World Cup. . . . . .Also i won't take a half baked Whyte TA. MBA!!
If we can't afford a Hiddink, a Rijjkard or likes pls forget about it. At least am sure Amodu is better than Berti Vogts grin grin
Let no one go to the back yard bring in some rejigged Africans who call themselves whyte coachs. Leaving one Cameroun to join the next Ghana
Or recruiting one unknown Serb or Ukrainian as TA. Babu!! grin grin grin

Whatever be the issue, for sympathy, i want AModu but must we get it right, get someone with a good techinical know-how. Amodu just doesn't cut it. His achievements not withstanding!!!
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 8:58am On Nov 18, 2009
True his achievements and record with the SE is close to flawless and it will be very bad to just get rid of him like that.

Sympathy or no sympathy I don't know who will say he likes the way the boys are playing. It's either the players are way below average (bar Osaze, Martins and VE. Kanu is the KING!) or Amodu is technically Bankrupt or both.

In this case, how do we explain his results. Luck, magic or what?

We of course don't need to hire a foreign coach simply because he is foreign. Heck even a Sudanese is a foreigner.  cheesy We need a coach that commands respect both with them boys and NFF.

Besides, why can't Sia1 and Amodu work together. Is it not for the good of the country?

Conclusion:
Amodu/NFF should pls organise some top level friendlies before the ANC if possible;
Amodu should be allowed to take the SE to the ANC.
If he does well, heck, then by all means, he should be allowed to take the SE to SA2010.

PS: Are we to continue with this same line-up? Just asking.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 10:44am On Nov 18, 2009
No, I didn't like the way the SE played their last 4 games but I do understand that one of the reasons for the poor showing was the pressure after the draw with Mozambique.

The first 6 matches, they were magnificient.

To be frank, I have to say most Nigerians based in Naija are a harder critic of SE than me bacause:

1) They live in an environment were few things work and the reasons are irritating, so success in football (the only thing we have) means a lot to them. If nothing works, they hope at least that works. This is one of the reasons we saw unabashed support for overaged Eaglets even when it was clear some were closer to 30. Hence they are impatient with anything they see wrong with football especially after we missed the last WC.

2) They still find it a struggle sometimes to accept the competence of a blackman especially one not glossed over with a white link. For example, if Keshi and Siasia had not played abroad and been in a white environment, I believe that they would not have commanded the respect they do now (even with the same achievements) and would be in the same boat as Amodu where any simple football error is the greatest sign of his lack of tactical awareness. That is one of the main offence of Amodu, he never played or coached abroad so no matter what he does his achievement would be belittled. I believe sometimes some people are just born with a competence and don't have to be trained and are still good e.g. Mourinho and Avram Grant were never players but they are world class coaches.
When Nigeria was playing Kenya and scored vital goals in the last minutes from substitutions made by Amodu, it is the player's own hunger, Amodu could not have motivated Mikel and Martins to play like that, SE lacked tactics and those goals were luck etc. When Man U score 2 goals in the last 4 mins against Bayern Munich (from corner kicks) after Alex Ferguson substitution, Ferguson is a tactical God!  undecided
I even remember a forumite blaming Amodu for the first Tunisian equaliser against Nigeria because he said Amodu was foolishly celebrating our goal instead of organising the team and calming them down and organising the defence. And I challenged the person whether Ferguson did not celebrate like a geriatic on speed (ecstasy drugs) when Man U scores? Does he start organising defence? And when Man U concede immediately after this, would the person call Ferguson a fool and blame him instead of the players?  undecided

Even the 2nd point applies to a lot of Nigerians abroad.

If the Eagles were lucky not to have had the tough and GOOD Mozambique away before Tunisia had them away or TT had not messed up Amodu against Tunisia, I don't think the shout for his head would have been this high.

There would still be a call for his head as he will always be a black man (heck, there was call for his head when he won 6 games home and away without conceding a goal) but it just would not be this high.

Back to I don't like the way they are playing. I think what is missing in SE is passion and commitment from the players, their game play IS GOOD and shows Amodu's TACTICAL AWARENESS. But they don't close down like Tunisians on all part of the pitch, you look at the clip I posted on page 2 and see how 7 Tunisians from midfield and defence were busting their lungs to fall back when Osaze scored the first goal. Look at how 6 of them were doing the same for the second goal we scored. Then you look at how our players were jogging like 3 year olds for the Tunisian 2nd goal, I will not talk about TT because it would just give me a violent convulsion, just look at Adeleye's body language, it was like he believed Tunisia cannot score against us because we are Nigeria.

This mentality has been there well before Amodu and like any major change takes time to change especially when there are other challenges to deal with which Amodu is dealing with by benching TT and Adeleye.

I believe Amodu has done well and has done better than most FCs would have done for us. He is strongheaded and not a yesman, hence can handle NFF and media. He knows Nigerian football better than any FC. HE COMMANDS THE RESPECT OF THE PLAYERS as any arrogant, self-valuing but competent man will always do and I am sure he would even command this more by the ANC.

He should take us to the ANC and he should only be sacked if:

1) We do not get pass the group stage
2) We do not reach the Semi-Finals and (a) the team we lost to is not CIV, Ghana or Cameroun by less than a 2 goal margin or (b) our players did not get red cards leading to playing with 9 men against a team like Egypt or Mali
3) We lost to CIV, Ghana or Cameroun, before the semi-finals, playing horrible football

I don't think with what we have seen so far of Amodu we would be embarassed at the WC. As I said, everyone's game would up by the time the WC is here.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 10:56am On Nov 18, 2009
Nigerians leash out the country's failures on our football hence Amodu being the punching bag most of Nigerians run to when they are 110% frustrated. i wish magic would just happen, Amodu's skin just changed overnight to a white man's skin, Nigerians will worship him. If Amodu was WHITE, man, NFF would have been paying him $1m per month.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 11:00am On Nov 18, 2009
One more thing i want Amodu to do is to bring in a creative midfielder (he should go out there and look for one ), that's really what we are missing.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by ow11(m): 11:37am On Nov 18, 2009
I quite agree with Sagamite on Amodu!

No coach would do any better with the current state of players we have (form and mentality). All these forum pundits should be aware that Amodu knows a lot more about coaching and football tactics than them and should quit judging him when pig headed U-24 year olds like Taiwo, Eneramo and Adeleye feel that closing down opposition players is meant for the ball boys.

@honeric01

During the Invincible run of 2003/04 season, who was the creative midfielder in Arsenal- Gilberto or Patrick Vieira? This call for a creative midfielder is not necessary because a coach should be able to modify his game to suit the calibre of players available. Nigeria currently has a suite of defensive/central midfielders and we should use them like when Philip Cocu and Edgar Davids ran things for Netherlands.

Manchester United during the early noughties had Roy Keane and Paul Scholes which Sani Kaita and Mikel can reproduce (maybe not as succesful due to difference in class) in the midfield.

If all fails, maybe he can try out Onyekachi Okonkwo from FC Zurich and see what he has to offer. Dude didn't look too shabby during his Enyimba days.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 11:51am On Nov 18, 2009
ow11:

@honeric01

During the Invincible run of 2003/04 season, who was the creative midfielder in Arsenal- Gilberto or Patrick Vieira? This call for a creative midfielder is not necessary because a coach should be able to modify his game to suit the calibre of players available. Nigeria currently has a suite of defensive/central midfielders and we should use them like when Philip Cocu and Edgar Davids ran things for Netherlands.

Manchester United during the early noughties had Roy Keane and Paul Scholes which Sani Kaita and Mikel can reproduce (maybe not as succesful due to difference in class) in the midfield.

If all fails, maybe he can try out Onyekachi Okonkwo from FC Zurich and see what he has to offer. Dude didn't look too shabby during his Enyimba days.

We have players that can do the creative roles, it's just that something is wrong somewhere and i dont know why Amodu is finding it hard to use from the likes of the -20, -17 and u-23 playmakers like Haruna and Rabiu (when they play with the big boys, they will be humbled especially haruna.)
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2009
honeric01:

We have players that can do the creative roles, it's just that something is wrong somewhere and i dont know why Amodu is finding it hard to use from the likes of the -20, -17 and u-23 playmakers like Haruna and Rabiu (when they play with the big boys, they will be humbled especially haruna.)
Pls, abeg, don't even go there at all. PLS!
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2009
FBS:

Pls, abeg, don't even go there at all. PLS!

Yay, i know Haruna is a womanliness, but can you recommend someone else in his place?
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2009
honeric01:

Yay, i know Haruna is a womanliness, but can you recommend someone else in his place?
You know he is a punana and you are recommending him?  grin

Maybe Rabiu but me thinks he still needs to develop and reach that "stage"
One of the Uche brothers (Kalu I think) did pretty well in that position IMO in our match against France . And I can say that , that was our BEST performance till date.

I've not watched the local league for years so I, cannot say precisely who can fill in the boots of JJ. But heck, there should be someone out there.

PS: Perhaps we can turn Osaze to a CM? The bobo has the fire burning in him to do well.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2009
FBS:

You know he is a punana and you are recommending him?  grin

Maybe Rabiu but me thinks he still needs to develop and reach that "stage"
One of the Uche brothers (Kalu I think) did pretty well in that position IMO in our match against France . And I can say that , that was our BEST performance till date.

I've not watched the local league for years so, I cannot say precisely who can fill in the boots of JJ. But heck, there should be someone out there.

PS: Perhaps we can turn Osaze to a CM? The bobo has the fire burning in him to do well.

Kalu Uche is not a creative midfielder, he has never been one and won't be one. he plays as a striker in his club side and sometimes as a supportive striker. if you look at him pretty well, he doesn't really have the eye for good passes. Stanley Okoro has an eye for good passes but like we all know, he's not "ripe" enough for the super eagles grin.

Back to the league issue, 98% of our u-17, u-20 were gotten from the league (both the passed and the present ones) so why can't Amodu just search thoroughly for one or two good creative midfielders? we have them!!!
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by FBS: 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2009
honeric01:

Kalu Uche is not a creative midfielder, he has never been one and won't be one. he plays as a striker in his club side and sometimes as a supportive striker. if you look at him pretty well, he doesn't really have the eye for good passes. Stanley Okoro has an eye for good passes but like we all know, he's not "ripe" enough for the super eagles grin.

Back to the league issue, 98% of our u-17, u-20 were gotten from the league (both the passed and the present ones) so why can't Amodu just search thoroughly for one or two good creative midfielders? we have them!!!
Well I never said he was but he did pretty well in that role against France. Perhaps we can develop on that? But true sha, sometimes he brings the game to a halt while looking for options.

Stanley Okoro? Maybe as a supporting striker, not an all out CM/AM! Energy no go reach and besides, he sometimes play a very selfish game.

Certainly, there are players who will fit in perfectly and get the job done but that is Amodu's job, not mine. He  should get his ass up and do the job he is paid to do. One of the qualms I think most folks have with him is his inability to discover any/new players ( pls feel free to correct me on this). He relies entirely on European based players. Too bad IMO.
Re: Terim, Trappatoni, Hiddink, Amodu To Coach Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2009
FBS:

One of the qualms I think most folks have with him is his inability to discover any/new players ( pls feel free to correct me on this). He relies entirely on European based players. Too bad IMO.

Maybe he's afraid of Nigerians calling him a criminal by saying he's playing people who paid him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tennis Veteran, Serena Williams, Shows Off Hawt Bikini Body In Florida Beach! / Football Quotes / Argentina Vs Nigeria - World Cup 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.