Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,462 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB (28735 Views)

Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 / 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb / God Has Given Me Admission After Eight Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by kstix(m): 7:35am On Dec 22, 2016
Godprotectigbos:
Ofonja and tribalism
Ur mindset disgusts me

2 Likes

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by bankyblue(m): 7:36am On Dec 22, 2016
jimoholuyemi3:
Abeg make I hear word
Miracle centre for WAEC
He dey happen center for JAMB
What did you score for POST JAMB
Post that one too
I believed my quess is as good as yours
No beffing thou

See as u mumu your self

3 Likes

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by udumosam23(m): 7:38am On Dec 22, 2016
Girl, your problem is beyond the physical if at this point you've not gotten some serious attention.

Now I lift hands on your case, ( what's that your name again) I rebuke all forces that has beclouded your future. I cast out all demons of hardluck that has besieged you, and I pull down the evil that is covering you.

I tear down every barear of limitation, and reverse every curse you've been subjected to. I rebuke from you all ancestral spirit trailing you and bring to subjection all principalities and powers in Jesus name. (Amen)

I prophecy grace from the lord and release favor from God to you. You've been set free in Jesus name. (Amen).

Ahhhh which kind Walhalla be dis? See result, see pikin from oil producing state ooo. The thunder wey go fire anything wey no comot for this pikin road no get part 2.

1 Like

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by iykenex(m): 7:40am On Dec 22, 2016
The problem could be her biology and physics that she scored c4, cos the school will consider her grade in English, biology, chemistry and physics which will amount to 50% of her average and jamb 50%, probably too many other students with 275-300 may have a better utme subjects o'level grades than she does. that's A's and B's
I have come across somebody that scored 318 for pub adm with C's in her o'level but didn't get admission and that was the problem.

1 Like

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by Lionofdjungle: 7:40am On Dec 22, 2016
The JAMB result can still be used next year. JAMB result is now valid for two years
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by 4reala(m): 7:41am On Dec 22, 2016
rabex123:

Shut your crap
is something wrong with u upstairs , or u took something dis morning
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by bobbybrown007: 7:41am On Dec 22, 2016
Babe abeg get like 250 then we go consider you but 320 abah say nah only you dae huse sef
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by able20(m): 7:42am On Dec 22, 2016
basadenet:
This action may affect the girl in future...she shouldn't have post her original info online.
At least, positively, she has a good results , better than some politicians without certificate.

1 Like

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by SirAweezy(m): 7:42am On Dec 22, 2016
kstix:

Thats a lie. I went to ife and its a school that gives you ur choice of course if u pass d cut off mark. I wont deny some ppl gain admission through nepotism but Oau will give u ur course if there are no mistakes from ur side

Well I wish this is the case... OAU I left 10years ago is still saying same thing 10years after. So how are my to believe thing have changed.
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by iamrosheed: 7:43am On Dec 22, 2016
jimoholuyemi3:
Abeg make I hear word Miracle centre for WAEC He dey happen center for JAMB What did you score for POST JAMB Post that one too I believed my quess is as good as yours No beffing thou
I bet you don't know her school School for the Gifted na for Brains oo
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by otokx(m): 7:46am On Dec 22, 2016
observing
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by Lionofdjungle: 7:46am On Dec 22, 2016
There is still hope for the girl since the result can still be used next year. JAMB result is now valid for two years.
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by MaziOmenuko: 7:48am On Dec 22, 2016
When I said it that they shouldn't scrap post-utme, the lazy jambites were screaming scrap! Scrap!

I feel for the hardworking ones like the innocent young lady. Post-utme would have removed the chaffs and reduced the rate at which professors and senate members smuggle their candidates into preferred course of study.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 22, 2016
jimoholuyemi3:
Abeg make I hear word Miracle centre for WAEC He dey happen center for JAMB What did you score for POST JAMB Post that one too I believed my quess is as good as yours No beffing thou
olodo
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by kstix(m): 7:51am On Dec 22, 2016
SirAweezy:

Well I wish this is the case... OAU I left 10years ago is still saying same thing 10years after. So how are my to believe thing have changed.
Because i am yet to see anyone that passed d cut off and didn't gain admission.
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by agisky1975: 7:54am On Dec 22, 2016
Hmmm, though life is cruel, but honestly, I can't correlate the 2 results, only 3 A's for someone that scored 320 in jamb, something doesn't seem right, what's the post utme results like?, and I hope she didn't choose medicine, cos I can only see, C's and B's for the 3 major subject, she wrote and got 320 for in jamb, but all the same I wish you the best
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by omogidi234(m): 7:54am On Dec 22, 2016
Guys, help tweet till this reaches Oby Ezekwesili, Dr. Joe Odumakin etc. It is good that she is not keeping quiet. That could be frustrating. Abeg admin confirm the veracity of her claim and give it a wide circulation through the Nairaland tweeter handle. Many thanks.
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by SirAweezy(m): 7:54am On Dec 22, 2016
kstix:

Because i am yet to see anyone that passed d cut off and didn't gain admission.

Meet your HD, Meet the guys at the Senate building, meet the senior lecturers they will tell you how lucky you are.
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by kstix(m): 7:57am On Dec 22, 2016
SirAweezy:

Meet your HD, Meet the guys at the Senate building, meet the senior lecturers they will tell you how lucky you are.
All my friends that passed entered too on merit. And in my 5years stay, i've not seen anyone that passed and didn't enter on merit
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by kara(f): 8:04am On Dec 22, 2016
Biology- C4
Chemistry- B3
Physics- C4
Poor grades in WAEC in the courses that matter.

1 Like

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by optional1(f): 8:06am On Dec 22, 2016
NOC1:

if you don't have anything to say shut up. what was your score in Jamb if you ever wrote one? do you know what is 320 in Jamb?

No I have never written an exam called Jamb what is jamb self...
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by DrIkB: 8:07am On Dec 22, 2016
Silentscreamer:
She didn't tell what she scored in post ume.. Post ume score is far more important than jamb score.
no more Post Ume, it's screening and she is scored according to her jamb and Olevel performance.
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by idris4r83(m): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2016
Pls use this hashtag #320JambScorenoAdmissionOffered and make it trend until it reaches the authority. This girl must secure admission.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by FreeSpirited: 8:13am On Dec 22, 2016
agisky1975:
Hmmm, though life is cruel, but honestly, I can't correlate the 2 results, only 3 A's for someone that scored 320 in jamb, something doesn't seem right, what's the post utme results like?, and I hope she didn't choose medicine, cos I can only see, C's and B's for the 3 major subject, she wrote and got 320 for in jamb, but all the same I wish you the best
You can't correlate what?....A1 A1 A1 B2 B3 B3 ? what else do you want? this is a sheer proof that she did it herself without being assisted. Do you know her centre; school of the gifted?.... in Waec, is B2 B3 B3 not distinction?....How do you even reason sef......everyone is not olodo Like you bro...

1 Like

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by micflo28(m): 8:16am On Dec 22, 2016
apply university of abuja. yoruba skuls and sentiments ehn
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by PHIPEX(m): 8:19am On Dec 22, 2016
Someone should rescue the dreams of this brilliant girl, I know how depressed she might be right now to have these kind of scores and still denied admission. My JAMB score wasn't this high yet I almost never wrote JAMB again after similar experience. Till date I feel it was tribalism that made the school deny me admission after coming 2nd in Post-UME in the department.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 22, 2016
iykenex:
The problem could be her biology and physics that she scored c4, cos the school will consider her grade in English, biology, chemistry and physics which will amount to 50% of her average and jamb 50%, probably too many other students with 275-300 may have a better utme subjects o'level grades than she does. that's A's and B's
I have come across somebody that scored 318 for pub adm with C's in her o'level but didn't get admission and that was the problem.
That's wrong, the school does not consider which courses you got the respective grade as long as your core courses are included in the ones you passed. During screening, OAU asked for eight best subjects, so they are going to use her 3 A1s, 1 B2, 3 B3s and 1 C4. That is how her 50% will be calculated, the subject the grade was gotten aside.

1 Like

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by demolagilbert: 8:34am On Dec 22, 2016
Some comments here are just so appalling. Why do we just encourage some inane things, i mean some obviously messed up things...so because some dumb fools in the corridors of power, some of who and whose children can never match this young girl's intelligence, deemed it fit to scrap something as important as post-jamb, some pple come here and allude that her waec result is not good enough. How dare you!!! My younger brother is so so intelligent and his results weren't quite this impeccable. Who amongst those making those comments can boast of having such a result in waec or jamb..i mean how can a rational person not see that the stupid system is what should be castigated here and not to rubbish the efforts of a girl whose only wrong in this matter is to have been born a Nigerian...this same girl in developed climes would probably be in Harvard..Intelligent Nigerians are breakin academic records all over the world, and we have one here whose efforts are being rubbished and YOU are saying she wasnt good enough May God forgive those who said crap about this matter today. You really need forgiveness for being so blind to the truth and being so unfair

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by drskyfly007(m): 8:42am On Dec 22, 2016
agisky1975:
guy medicine is a different ball game from what she scored in those science subjects...Those grades don't determine her ability to study medicine..Trust me she would be a very good doctor...

1 Like

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by frankman365(m): 8:43am On Dec 22, 2016
DonLo:
There must have been a mix up somewhere. I know OAU for one thing and that is the reasonable perceived fairness in admission process into Medicine. Never trust others applying to study medicine as they might have had a better result but it seems unlikely seeing her O level results too. But at least she should have been given another course.
I'll try calling Prof Fatusi, the provost attention to it if possible.
Lala please move this to front page let OAU come explain, save someone's destiny.

MODIFIED: On a second look at her result, it shows her O Level result is weak when you look at the subjects that matters in the 5 credit requirement. Schools now use point system. Her Biology, Chemistry and Physics are weak and considering that Jamb and O level carries 50%. A candidates with 270 and A1(s) in these subjects would have counteracted her jamb result. But let the school clarify so as to clear our already biased mind of them cheating her.
Even if she had c6 in all, the sch should have given her something. There are courses in education, agric and the pure sciences.
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by LorDBolton(m): 8:45am On Dec 22, 2016
Seriously scrapping pume was a bad idea
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by trademoore1: 8:45am On Dec 22, 2016
demolagilbert:
Some comments here are just so appalling. Why do we just encourage some inane things, i mean some obviously messed up things...so because some dumb fools in the corridors of power, some of who and whose children can never match this young girl's intelligence, deemed it fit to scrap something as important as post-jamb, some pple come here and allude that her waec result is not good enough. How dare you!!! My younger brother is so so intelligent and his results weren't quite this impeccable. Who amongst those making those comments can boast of having such a result in waec or jamb..i mean how can a rational person not see that the stupid system is what should be castigated here and not to rubbish the efforts of a girl whose only wrong in this matter is to have been born a Nigerian...this same girl in developed climes would probably be in Harvard..Intelligent Nigerians are breakin academic records all over the world, and we have one here whose efforts are being rubbished and YOU are saying she wasnt good enough May God forgive those who said crap about this matter today. You really need forgiveness for being so blind to the truth and being so unfair
I am with you all the way.
Honestly, nigerians can be frustrating at times especially the poor and those who ordinarily should be victims of an unfair society. These people end up the ones defending their slave masters.
People are now saying maybe its her waec- she got C4 and B in all the important subjects- a senators child will get C6 or D7 and secure admission. these same people will defend politicians and shut at petty thieves- you never seem them commenting on politicians that stole but put up the topic of a poor man who stole bread and they will abuse his till tommorow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Outrage As Teacher Attacks Little Girl In Class, Hits Her On The Head / UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) / UNIBEN Professor, Alexander Emoghene, Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.