Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB (28711 Views)

Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 / 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb / God Has Given Me Admission After Eight Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by trademoore1: 8:48am On Dec 22, 2016
kara:
Biology- C4
Chemistry- B3
Physics- C4
Poor grades in WAEC in the courses that matter.
do you know and understand the meaning of poor grades?

go and engage with your dictionary- she has fantastic result- stop blaming the victim like most Nigerians do. its part of where we are as a nation. Have you also asked about the result of rich kids that get admission? Those results she has are not boderline passes- there are considered excellent result.

6 Likes

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by iykenex(m): 8:50am On Dec 22, 2016
Hazkel:

That's wrong, the school does not consider which courses you got the respective grade as long as your core courses are included in the ones you passed. During screening, OAU asked for eight best subjects, so they are going to use her 3 A1s, 1 B2, 3 B3s and 1 C4. That is how her 50% will be calculated, the subject the grade was gotten aside.

In the 8 best subjects the 4 utme subjects are inevitable, believe me, some schools built their website in a way it automatically select utme subjects grades in o'level and score them. Good o'level grades on the core subjects now is an advantage to gain admission
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by oforij(m): 8:51am On Dec 22, 2016
That's an excellent result I must say. It's unfair for her not to be offered admission. But besides brains comes the P factor.. The place of prayer

1 Like

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by deadie(m): 8:52am On Dec 22, 2016
In 1999, I applied to study Medicine at OAU. My JAMB score was 226. I didn't get admission because it was less than the cut off mark. My sister's room mate gained admission to study Medicine (in the same OAU) that same year with a score of 216 and said there are people with even lower scores who got a admission into Medicine. There was no post-UTME then. I feel sorry the young lady.

2 Likes

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by matadonis(m): 8:58am On Dec 22, 2016
Silentscreamer:
She didn't tell what she scored in post ume.. Post ume score is far more important than jamb score.
ARE U A NIGERIAN?
POST-UME IS OUT OF LINE NOW. tongue
Silentscreamer:
She didn't tell what she scored in post ume.. Post ume score is far more important than jamb score.
ARE U A NIGERIAN?
POST-UME IS OUT OF LINE NOW.
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by BraniacX(m): 9:00am On Dec 22, 2016
My dear, next time apply to Uniben!

At least the quota taken on merit is not tainted by tribalism as is obtained in southwestern, southeastern and northern schools, when they take you on merit, tribe plays no role in it

At least that is how it was last i checked a couple of years ago, I don't know about now and i pray they haven't changed!
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 22, 2016
iykenex:

In the 8 best subjects the 4 utme subjects are inevitable, believe me, some schools built their website in a way it automatically select utme subjects grades in o'level and score them. Good o'level grades on the core subjects now is an advantage to gain admission
Yes, I do understand what you mean. the school chooses eight best including UTME subjects, when that selection occurs, she has 2As, 4Bs and 2Cs. Now, using the grading quota of OAU and after final calculation of her aggregate, her score should be about 81.2 or thereabout. That is above Medicine cutoff mark of 78.1.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by toothyGrin: 9:12am On Dec 22, 2016
Someone give this babe a scholarship to study abroad. If I had the power to, I would have. The young lady is brainy. She shouldn't be hustling to get into these whack schools which aren't even amongst top 10 in Africa.

That's how these stupid Nigerian universities reject good brains in favour of staff relatives and politicians' children, and the rejected ones go on to shatter records in foreign universities.

3 Likes

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by Damfostopper(m): 9:13am On Dec 22, 2016
jimoholuyemi3:
Abeg make I hear word
Miracle centre for WAEC
He dey happen center for JAMB
What did you score for POST JAMB
Post that one too
I believed my quess is as good as yours
No beffing thou
you Mr deaf and dumb... post jamb has been ban in Nigeria... stop watching television with basin

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by HIScraziness(m): 9:15am On Dec 22, 2016
NOC1:

if you don't have anything to say shut up. what was your score in Jamb if you ever wrote one? do you know what is 320 in Jamb?

Are you sure that fellow knows what jamb is?? angry angry
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by HIScraziness(m): 9:20am On Dec 22, 2016
kara:
Biology- C4
Chemistry- B3
Physics- C4
Poor grades in WAEC in the courses that matter.

Poor grades?? Please shut up and go find something to suck on!!

2 Likes

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by misterjosh(m): 9:28am On Dec 22, 2016
SirAweezy:

No mix up anywhere: this is a tradition in OAU!
So you don't know OAU admit based on discretion. My dear you will see 250 on that same admission list. You will only be very lucky if you don't no anyone and you were giving your choice study.

I don't know the IFE of now thou but the OAU if I went to... admission on merit is just like 10%
boda easy na, 10% merit as how. I can tell you admission into OAU is fair and based on merit up to 90%. Not to talk of MBBS, the competition is on a whole other level
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by vickystaring(m): 9:29am On Dec 22, 2016
who knows maybe she did not do her screening
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by generaldandy: 9:30am On Dec 22, 2016
Silentscreamer:

There is no post ume anymore, Oau now use the point system, she has an aggregate of 81% and merit cut off is 78%...This is gross injustice
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by Decale: 9:42am On Dec 22, 2016
Hazkel:

Yes, I do understand what you mean. the school chooses eight best including UTME subjects, when that selection occurs, she has 2As, 4Bs and 2Cs. Now, using the grading quota of OAU and after final calculation of her aggregate, her score should be about 81.2 or thereabout. That is above Medicine cutoff mark of 78.1.

Go check her tweets.
CC generaldandy

Her screening score was 75.2% which is below the 78% cutoff. I wouldn't blame the university here for not giving her medicine. However, she should have been given her 2nd choice (Dentistry)

1 Like

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by ojuolu(m): 9:50am On Dec 22, 2016
agisky1975:
Hmmm, though life is cruel, but honestly, I can't correlate the 2 results, only 3 A's for someone that scored 320 in jamb, something doesn't seem right, what's the post utme results like?, and I hope she didn't choose medicine, cos I can only see, C's and B's for the 3 major subject, she wrote and got 320 for in jamb, but all the same I wish you the best
please post your o level here then i will understand your post.
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by ojuolu(m): 9:53am On Dec 22, 2016
demolagilbert:
Some comments here are just so appalling. Why do we just encourage some inane things, i mean some obviously messed up things...so because some dumb fools in the corridors of power, some of who and whose children can never match this young girl's intelligence, deemed it fit to scrap something as important as post-jamb, some pple come here and allude that her waec result is not good enough. How dare you!!! My younger brother is so so intelligent and his results weren't quite this impeccable. Who amongst those making those comments can boast of having such a result in waec or jamb..i mean how can a rational person not see that the stupid system is what should be castigated here and not to rubbish the efforts of a girl whose only wrong in this matter is to have been born a Nigerian...this same girl in developed climes would probably be in Harvard..Intelligent Nigerians are breakin academic records all over the world, and we have one here whose efforts are being rubbished and YOU are saying she wasnt good enough May God forgive those who said crap about this matter today. You really need forgiveness for being so blind to the truth and being so unfair
I am 101% with you on this. Our system is so crazy that you start wondering if it will ever be right again.
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by LordIsaac(m): 10:01am On Dec 22, 2016
If it were a miss cucumber, her efforts would have been greatly rewarded. See a young academic who has clearly excelled in her exams but deprived of a glorious future? How pathetic. I will keep on speaking in her favour....Government, the President, The State Governor, the Minister of Education, the Commisioner for Education, Her Principal, the Subject Teachers, Her Street Traditional Ruler, Nairalanders....let's come together and veto on the list, she must be admitted!
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by ojuolu(m): 10:02am On Dec 22, 2016
deadie:
In 1999, I applied to study Medicine at OAU. My JAMB score was 226. I didn't get admission because it was less than the cut off mark. My sister's room mate gained admission to study Medicine (in the same OAU) that same year with a score of 216 and said there are people with even lower scores who got a admission into Medicine. There was no post-UTME then. I feel sorry the young lady.
I have similar experience same year. Mine was law with Jamb aggregate score of 221. No post UTME then but i was denied admission on one excuse i cant remember now. I opted for another school, graduated 4 year later, went back to OAU to have my masters. I can relate with this lady predicament.
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by Mikkie31(m): 10:02am On Dec 22, 2016
This girl's credentials are impeccable, but what we are not putting into consideration here is the fact that professional courses such as Medicine, Law and the likes are highly competitive in federal institutions. Since the discarding of post UTME, institutions have put in place a tighter admission system. I don't know about other universities, but I know for sure that Medicine in OAU is highly competitive , and we should not overlook the possibility of others having a much better score, though I must acknowledge favouritism is still prominent in Nigeria's higher learning system.
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by ogunboss: 10:08am On Dec 22, 2016
Its OAU. I once heard from an admin staff that Deltans are rarely admitted because of some incident sometimes back allegedly masterminded my Delta state students. Trust me, she would have been admitted if not for that. And taking a look at it, I've never seen a Delta state student, all you see are PH people.
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by vakinola1(m): 10:27am On Dec 22, 2016
sister Pls don't give up it is well... but you can try unilag... with your grade you'll still be on merit....
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 22, 2016
SirAweezy:

Well I wish this is the case... OAU I left 10years ago is still saying same thing 10years after. So how are my to believe thing have changed.

I also left OAU about 5 years ago and I can categorically say that you are wrong. OAU admission is based more on merit.

1 Like

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by superfelix: 10:58am On Dec 22, 2016
I just checked her twitter handle, she had 75% whereas her course cut off is 78%.. but as she as earlier said.. oau should ave offered her anoda course...

I tire for dis nation.... even with 320, one can't study one preferred course..
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by YhungPablo(m): 11:09am On Dec 22, 2016
Joke:- The Key When we were growing up they used to tell us that education is the key to success, now we have that key only to find out that the government has changed the padlock.
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by kenny091(m): 11:18am On Dec 22, 2016
Universities that use aggregate do not use all 8 subjects to calculate aggregate. Rather they use the 5 core subjects for the course in her case, maths, eng, phy, chem and biology. sadly when i did a rough calculation of that she had 40/60 in Olevel plus 32 over 40 in jamb. her total of 72 is a bit far off from the 78% cut off.
It’s painful for a bright student like this to miss out on admission but OAU's stance is totally defensible if you look critically at the facts

1 Like

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by Pasca07: 11:21am On Dec 22, 2016
toothyGrin:
Someone give this babe a scholarship to study abroad. If I had the power to, I would have. The young lady is brainy. She shouldn't be hustling to get into these whack schools which aren't even amongst top 10 in Africa.

That's how these stupid Nigerian universities reject good brains in favour of staff relatives and politicians' children, and the rejected ones go on to shatter records in foreign universities.
lol you are funny whack school that is not up to top ten in Africa chai na wa for u ooo
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by Magjoel(m): 11:22am On Dec 22, 2016
Harbdulrasaq:
Twitter user, Ruke Aror, lamented over her inability to secure an admission into the university even with her good JAMB and WAEC results. She shared the photos of the results on twitter and said she won't be registering for the exams again. See photos of the result below..

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photos-girl-laments-over-her-inability.html

cc lalasticlala
there might be a mistake somewhere, is she upto 16yrs?
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by Gordieshegz(m): 11:38am On Dec 22, 2016
[quote author=bastien post=52150249]That's Nigeria for u, some person go come hear talk say na because she come from delta state that's why OAU no give her admission.

And they expect more first class with all the olodos wey gain

it is imperative they know how things work before they start running mouths like diarrhoea..
if any school is even in its admission process,it is OAU.
and by the way,it's medicine and surgery we are talking about here and that is the only course she chose to study in OAU,,
yes,320 in jamb is a pretty score,we all know that..but the waec result reduces its effect..
neglect those A1 in civil education,et al and talk about the Cs in physics and biology..
at the end of the conversion,she won't stand in the cut off mark zone for medicine...

"since she didn't merit the medicine and surgery she chose,she couldn't have been given other course she didn't choose" even if she merited it.don't get me wrong on this cos i am talking from experience!!!
her case would have been borne out of lack of information or she probably went to sleep immediately she checked her jamb result,thinking she would at least be considered for a course,of course but it doesn't work that way!!
she should have processed the admission to enable her have access to other course..
i understand her plight very well and my advise to her is not to relent and stop trying..her travail will surely come to an end soonest..

i am a part medical student of OAUIFE and not less than 40% of my class are from the south east/south..and i am not sure you can say the same about any university from the zone..this is a message to anyone that can sound tribalistic..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by daneni1(m): 11:56am On Dec 22, 2016
Silentscreamer:

OAU no longer conduct postume, dey use d point system being ordered by jamb to be use.
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by TobeyTobee: 11:57am On Dec 22, 2016
shocked dis girl nah igi iwe o....320 in Jamb...her screening point doesn't meet medicine cutoff though and she's not from any Catchment area n ELDS;
Re: Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB by Gordieshegz(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
Decale:

Go check her tweets.
CC generaldandy

Her screening score was 75.2% which is below the 78% cutoff. I wouldn't blame the university here for not giving her medicine. However, she should have been given her 2nd choice (Dentistry)

sir,it doesn't work that way oh..
medicine and dentistry are both professional courses and logic is applied in admitting students into either..
she won't be considered for dentistry until everyone who chose dentistry as his/her first choice had been considered..
at least she saw dentistry before she chose medicine as first choice,that's the basis for consideration.
what she should have done or could still do is to come down to Ife and meet any professor to who could help her...cut off marks could be reduced or waved for staff"s wards after those who merited have been considered...she shouldn't just stay away to say no admission given yet oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Timetable For Covenant University Resumption / Outrage As Teacher Attacks Little Girl In Class, Hits Her On The Head / UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.