Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (88028 Views)

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / An Unusual Christmas In Ibadan (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / "365": A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 11:45am On Dec 23, 2016
Creez,gv us more laa abi u dy do shakara cus of say xmas dn reach? Nyc1.

2 Likes

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 11:46am On Dec 23, 2016
Creez,gv us more laa abi u dy do shakara cus of say xmas dn reach? Nyc1.
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 11:52am On Dec 23, 2016
Creeza:
u can bet on that!
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 12:28pm On Dec 23, 2016
Lankyannie:
Creez,gv us more laa abi u dy do shakara cus of say xmas dn reach?
Nyc1.
I thot u dae vex 4 me ,, and maybe u want to do u me like kate hv dn Gabe.. Dear, this tori will be very brief... Thats why its a novellette.. Before 31st hopefully, e go end.
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 12:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
Abefe99
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 12:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
Creeza:
I thot u dae vex 4 me ,, and maybe u want to do u me like kate hv dn Gabe.. Dear, this tori will be very brief... Thats why its a novellette.. Before 31st hopefully, e go end.
ayam nt lyk kate ni,no nid of wasting ma God's gvn energy cryin nd slappn u.wil jst oil baba hand wid 2naira nd he wil gv u eternal punishment till u acknowledge ur sins nd repent.#kambiakwa

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 1:00pm On Dec 23, 2016
Thats why u issa bae.. Oya lets not derail the thread be4 people start to jealous.
Cc lankyannie
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by veekid(m): 1:18pm On Dec 23, 2016
Following bumper to bumper; thanks for the mention

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
Creeza:
Thats why u issa bae.. Oya lets not derail the thread be4 people start to jealous.
Cc lankyannie
lol.issorite
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
Shock of my life.........Creeza, come back here. Finish this. I need to go to work with a clear head.

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by DTOBS(m): 2:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
Blizzydodo, Spixytinxy, hormobolanle, skillful, skillful01 come and see food here.. .
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
DTOBS:
Blizzydodo, Spixytinxy, hormobolanle, skillful, skillful01 come and see food here.. .
present,i'll keep this one 4 xmas day.
thanks for the mention

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 3:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
jagugu88li:
Shock of my life.........Creeza, come back here. Finish this. I need to go to work with a clear head.
work? The lord is your strenght.. Im currently working on it.
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by BlizzydoDo(f): 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2016
DTOBS:
thank uuuu loads

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by spixytinxy(f): 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2016
DTOBS:
wa gbayi padi mi to sure
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by DTOBS(m): 8:24pm On Dec 23, 2016
BlizzydoDo:
thank uuuu loads
cool

spixytinxy:
wa gbayi padi mi to sure
If I don't for you, who will? cheesy

skillful01:
present,i'll keep this one 4 xmas day.
thanks for the mention

Oya, let's go
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Tuhndhay(m): 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
jagugu88li:
We are here now, let the movies begin

Swann lleigh shigo20 greg42 adesina12 nastynic Tuhndhay (these two will reply a minute before rapture lipsrsealed) Oya now girlhaley lawlahdey
Jagugu88li,....... When you call my name like that in that tone with that voice, am left helpless and here I am
Nice work Creeza

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2016
Here I was hoping creeza would make this a long story
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 23, 2016
Tuhndhay:

Jagugu88li,....... When you call my name like that in that tone with that voice, am left helpless and here I am
Nice work Crëez@
kiss you haven't heard my heartbeat when you call mine

2 Likes

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 10:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
jagugu88li:
We are here now, let the movies begin

Swann lleigh shigo20 greg42 adesina12 nastynic Tuhndhay (these two will reply a minute before rapture lipsrsealed) Oya now girlhaley lawlahdey

Present ma'am......I just see the invitation

thanks for the invite.....you know I like to sit in the last row while in cinema grin

Any popcorn with chill drinks here?

Shhhhhh...I am coming let me go get my tobacco as well

Comment later after reading......creeza I sight you e ku ise opolo

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 11:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
Adesina12:

Present ma'am......I just see the invitation

thanks for the invite.....you know I like to sit in the last row while in cinema grin

Any popcorn with chill drinks here?

Shhhhhh...I am coming let me go get my tobacco as well

Comment later after reading......creeza I sight you e ku ise opolo
its God o, nt my power, welcome and weed is strictly forbidden grin

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by hormobolanle: 12:10am On Dec 24, 2016
OBSERVING......
WELDON TO U OUR WRITER

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by hormobolanle: 12:11am On Dec 24, 2016
OBSERVING......
WELDON TO U OUR WRITER

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by hormobolanle: 12:11am On Dec 24, 2016
OBSERVING......
WELDON TO U OUR WRITER

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2016
Jagugu88li Adesina12 dtobs yorhmienerd kisskrixx winters22 queenitee royh lliegh greg42 gabbyraze veekid lankyannie rachealfst mercichoco mirob mhiz mhisbliss kpagogin hormobolanle tuhndhay sprintixy girlharley
And others too numerous to mention. E ma binu . don't vex for me.. And Happy Xmas in advance its just a few hours away...

Continues**

Iziegbe

I couldn't believe my eyes. Dani had added a life event on his wall about we ( I mean he and myself) being engaged and getting married soon. This guy is really something else, he just wanted to see what I'll do about it.

** Dream on* the thought was loud in my head.

I went to my messages and replied a bulk of texts from supposed stalkers and delusionalised boys who either found me attractive or somewhat captivating..

Not quite long ,I got a call from Aunt Alice , she was fretting on the phone and her voice sounded like someone who had been running a marathon race.

" Izzy --have you heard from Effy ? " She gasped for breathe.

I paused to assimilate what she meant and then it dawned on me that trouble loomed in the corner... What could have happened to sister Efua?

" No o" I replied " She hasn't called me yet and I'm worried sick about it, I was--"

" She left her phone at home " aunt Alice cut in.

I sighed a relief and adjusted my night gown which was caught under Kechi's leg. She was sleeping like a dog.. God , this girl can sleep carelessly. It was only a minute ago she had been ranting but now she fell under the spell of slumber.

" Its no problem nah, Aunt , don't worry ..I am sure sister will be doing just fine..maybe she will call soon.who knows , she might have not settled down yet."

I pushed Kechi and she reluctantly crossed her legs onto my abdomen.. I slapped her hard on the butt and she moaned out stupidly " Mmmmmm?"

Girls are simply reactive , no wonder boys like spanking their backside....

" adjust abeg... Mtchew ...Yeye thing " I cursed under my breathe .

" what is it? Aunt asked from the other end of the line .

" Its my room mate... She is disturbing me here"

" OK goodnite Iziegbe. Don't forget to pray o.. And yes I just spoke to your mother .. She said your line isnt going through, maybe you should call her."

I nodded as if she could see me. I had data but airtime was something I managed to do without.

" I will"..

I flickered through my social media apps and sleep escaped my eyes . I got up and entered the bathroom ... Took a nice cold bath ( in Uniben you hardly take hot showers ).. Gas was expensive to waste on boiling water when you simply open the pump and the shower pours down..

When it was time to retire to bed , I forcefully said my prayers-- it was unlike me , I knew God would understand and after the ghastly motor accident that snatched my dad away from me bitterly, the blood and the way it had disconnected his joints and limbs, I barely believed in angels and prayers.. I hardly believed in anything celestial. Still I was the niece to a pastor..

Efua

His eyes was somewhat ambivalent, as he strode galivantly with his walking stick. He came closer to me and I moved backwards a little behind Amanda.

" Don't be afraid " He said " I'm not gonna hurt you ,... This is my town --I make things happen here in Onitsha Ndo"

His accent was Igbo branded and I could tell from his looks that he was into marketing biz or maybe one of those yahoo boys. Who knows ? The very ground on which he matched was like a royal parade as he gestured all along with his walking stick..

I drew even backwards more this time when he tried to touch me..

" Young lady , see let me tell you . I'm not an enemy , I want to help . why are you two beautiful ladies out here at this hour of the night.. ? He asked, a bit concerned
"It's very late and Onitsha Ndo is wild at night."

Amanda seemed un disturbed as she crossed her arms and replied " My friend and I are actually travelers and we got stranded here in Onitsha-"

" Onitsha Ndo" He corrected and I wondered why he always put the "Ndo " suffix.. God help me , this man seems evil.

As if I was right about him , he declared his intention right way and offered us a place at his hotel that night .

" I'm Protocol. They call me protocol the paymaster ..In the car there is my friend " he pointed to a guy behind the wheels and I suddenly shivered but they had not started to bite yet , so why feel uneasy?

He continued " You see, in Onitsha Ndo.. I make things happen, let me harbour you ladies for tonight and give you the treatment that suits you this lovely evening which will be blessed by God. Let me take you to my hotel and treat you in ways you can never imagine. Let me make this night memorable and interesting to the extent that it will seem so sweet you won't want to leave"

" No thank you" I had heard enough.

Amanda was silent , she wasn't buying his idea of hospitality was she? Her reaction swept me off balance as she gave me signs urging me to agree.. She must be joking!

" Please just enter the car " Protocol begged us.

" I'm not -- I can't go with such a person" I whispered to Amanda who was elbow tapping me to play along.

She was either naive or a loose girl, I was not sure but I had no choice than to succomb into their pressure. Only God knows what they were cooking up in their minds..

When we arrived at the hotel, I waited at the reception and Amanda had gone to discuss with protocol on how the night "would be" ..

After some minutes Amanda came back and woke me up from the reception bench which I slept on..

" Efua , are you going to sleep here? On this bench?

" The hotel rooms are expensive , fifteen thousand for the cheapest room , just a night and I only have twenty thousand with me . I didnt bring much " I said.

She told me that I hadn't worry about the accommodation . She explained that Protocol has offered to pay only if I agreed to share the same room with him that night . Ofcourse no matter how she twisted it I understood perfectly .

" So you want me to sleep with him..? Listen to your self"

She furrowed an eye brow " What's there?.. Its just a one night stand and he has even promised he will pay you the sum of fifty thousand for the trouble".

I shook my head in disgust... I thanked God I had just met Amanda that day and had not given her my number yet. It was the lord's doing . I needed to win this lost soul for Christ. She was obviously deep into sin.

"I'm a virgin " I said calmly.

" So ? What's there ? Just open the thing and let him gain entry after which he credits your account instantly with the --"

"your soul is lost , Amanda " I cut in " and I want to make it clear to you and Protocol or whatsoever his name is ..... Even for all the gold in the world, I won't do what you ask of me"

She left and came back a second time , and she said he had increased the amount to a hundred and fifty thousand naira. I preached again to her and then she left , but the third time ,came the devil himself..

" Protocol"

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
Chapter 2

Efua

Why in the world was he bent on having his way this night with me ? I asked the spirit of light in me.
I don't know what he thought of me but obviously, I wasn't a lovepeddler .

" Your friend told me you have just twenty thousand naira with you " Protocol began.

" Its so sad and appalling to notice that you have come from the very bad side of life."

He made gestures with his walking stick and pointed it towards me trying to analize my reactions.I was not trained to get angry easily but the spirit in me reacted to his last statement.

" I don't know what you think of me , sir" I said getting up from the plastic bench.

" But let me spare you the trouble because if I don't , you'll go on and on till you talk me to death. ...For all the money in central bank " I paused and took a deep breathe , noticed the spark in his eyes as they lit with surprise.

" I will never ...sin against God...for he is a mighty God...the great I AM ...He is a faithful God and if you come to him today? He will make your life better"

I had managed to sink that point deep into his subconscious mind , relieving him of his urge to sin. He however insisted.

" You see? Efua? -- that's the name right , your redemption from the shackles of poverty starts tonight
...I can do just that.. You just name your price."

" You are not my redeemer, my reedemer is the lord and only him can save your soul, just accept him today."

He was perplexed and awestruck then he managed to mumble some words before he finally blurted " One million naira, just let me have a taste..One million...big money" As he shook his head like a lizard begging for food .

Seriously ?? He would pay that amount for just one night..indeed he was out of his mind.

The next morning I left the hotel even before Amanda could come down stairs from her "duties" . She obviously had a good night and I wouldn't want to hear any part of it. I left Onitsha that morning after a brief bath , the receptionist was kind indeed ,to me .

" I'm sorry Ma , please where can I meet the supervisor in charge of this ministry for the corpers..? " I asked the dark skinned lady whom I met in Umuahia.

I managed to locate the building but was clueless of what to do next. She asked me why I had arrived late and told me that my fellows were already camped.
I briefly explained and she directed me to the man in charge.

" Go up the stairs , the fourth office by your left.. That is his office ,He is the man incharge-- Mr Ake is his name."

" Thank you Ma " I said and dropped my baggins at the reception . I thanked God for bringing me safely to Abia state and hoped to call my parents soon.

Iziegbe

" Rise and shine Princess"

"Rise and shine .... Its a new day "Kechi's voice called out.

I reluctantly stretched out and gave a big sigh. She was already eating breakfast and mhen it was so f**king early. I tried to imagine her eating habit, if she was once a lab rat !

I brushed off scales from my tear duct and sat comfortably on the bed.

" Tell me you didn't dream about that food you are eating right now? Did you? I asked

"None o'yah biz-- whether or not, I eat early doesn't concern you."Kechi rolled her eyes and I got even disgusted more.

* Oh God * If not for the economic constraint on my family , I would have opted to stay alone. Having a room mate was a nightmare.

" And oh lest I forget--- There is some left in the pot if you want any " Kechi said.

" Eat your food alone "

I took a shower and got dressed , put on perfume and wore my heels. They were always left in school , I couldn't take them home ( pastor's niece ) .

I left the hostel after a brief breakfast which I had initially refused. The street of Ekosodin was lively as usual , early morning drive and the guards where at it again . They searched every single soul that went in and out of that small back gate.. With mighty tall walls.

" What's in your bag?

" My books "

" Open it " The hefty looking man commanded,

I did as he wished but was so angry when he finally let me go after the embarasment . I hissed and cursed him under my breathe .

" Azhen ( meaning Witch ) you saw people with notorious looks , you didn't stop them, it me with my Gucci bag, that you have power to detain"

He didn't hear it and I thanked my stars because that would have been the day Asokoro would have eventually collided with Maitama ....

Classes were boring as usual and that was the big turn off I had as a student, I always enjoyed leisure . Kechi was the bookworm but it didn't stop me from getting good grades.

" So this is where you are enjoying yourself abi? A voice called from behind.

I swirled round to view my intruder .

" Kechi? ...What's up babe?

She sat beside me in the bustop facility. There are countless of those in the Academia and students hanged out there often. I plugged out my phone from the wall socket which had gained enough juice to keep me going for some hours and sipped my yoghurt .

" See better enjoyment "Kechi said again..

" Ice cream is enjoyment? You are joking".

I felt embarrassed at her statement , why would she choose that moment to crack jokes.? . . A guy sitting opposite glanced at me and his gaze caught me in the nick of time when I sucked the yoghurt like I was milking a fully erected and juicy deek. .

He smiled sheepishly..

" You left me at home just like that... Girl you no try o" Kechi blurted out.

" Good lord* I thought to myself...

" As what nah? Your husband or boyfriend or maybe your fellow lexxie.. Bae abeg park well"

She began talking again and just then Dani , like a good Samaritan sent me airtime and within minutes my bank alert got credited by the same person. I couldn't help it but smile, and even more when I saw the text message tha followed .

* For the other day... I'm hoping you forgive and forget and don't deprive me of that special kpomo ,, I will practically die if you do*

Kechi cleared her throat when she saw the smile on my face. She knew I had either won the lottery or my bank account just got loaded.That's the only explanation for her .

" someone is happy ,, I'm getting jealous o"

" Die , in short hang for barb wire" I said jokingly.

Kechi began noise making again and I just gave her a deaf ear, I dialed the number of the only person I wanted to talk to at that moment.

"How are you doing? The voice at the other end asked.

TBC

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
jagugu88li:
just did wink

Brey I see you viewing
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 2:54pm On Dec 24, 2016
One million just 4 one night!!! I done like dz efua bae pass kate ni.buh seems izzy her sis no holy like her. Idi very sharp. GIVE US MORE CREEZ!

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
One million just 4 one night!!! I done like dz efua bae pass kate ni.buh seems izzy her sis no holy like her. Idi very sharp. GIVE US MORE CREEZ!

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 3:15pm On Dec 24, 2016
Lankyannie:
One million just 4 one night!!!
I done like dz efua bae pass kate ni.buh seems izzy her sis no holy like her.
Idi very sharp.
GIVE US MORE CREEZ!
Lol thanks bae...And yes its somewhat obvious Izzy is not so holy but she was never like that...

happy xmass
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 24, 2016
Explain again, pastors niece doesn't wear heels, why?

That Amanda and Protocol no try etol.

Its a wonder how children born by the same parents, even if identical twins can differ...like crazy. Izzy sef

Boring day today.

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
jagugu88li:
Explain again, pastors niece doesn't wear heels, why?

That Amanda and Protocol no try etol.

Its a wonder how children born by the same parents, even if identical twins can differ...like crazy. Izzy sef

Boring day today.
her uncle and entire fam, is strictly against it. And I cnt dive into backstory to drop a dumpload of info, its a novellete.

Today was really
boring sha, I stood 3hrs non-stop at The ATM
and the kilo of turkey I bought was almost melted by the time i got home.

So u see, we are this recession together, no one is going anywhere. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Three Paths / Black Maria 5 - Retribution (The Final Book)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.