Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,345 members, 7,829,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (88162 Views)

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / An Unusual Christmas In Ibadan (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / "365": A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by KpagoGIN(m): 9:56am On Jan 05, 2017
This must be one spirit filled, tongue speaking character called Efua! some babes no go just free temptation.
Chairman Creeza your coordinates have brought me here.

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:00am On Jan 05, 2017
Queenitee teleboiz005 pureheart91 harameede99
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by SPDAZZY(f): 10:08am On Jan 05, 2017
That N'osa is a devil and to think that they drugged and raped her.

He needs to be hung by the balls

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by TeleboiZ005(m): 10:31am On Jan 05, 2017
following grin grin grin
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Hadampson(m): 10:34am On Jan 05, 2017
Creeza I rili luv d way nd manner u've kept diz thread going with all d suspense, innuendos and cresendos. i av followed it silently nd i must say diz story iz a bomb.

I may nt comment more often buh iyam following u like shadow.

**Thumbs Up**

Spdazzy xo yhu r here enjoyin self nd yhu didn't mention so dah i can join yhu.. kosi wahalasad
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by SPDAZZY(f): 11:03am On Jan 05, 2017
Hadampson:
Creeza I rili luv d way nd manner u've kept diz thread going with all d suspense, innuendos and cresendos. i av followed it silently nd i must say diz story iz a bomb.

I may nt comment more often buh iyam following u like shadow.

**Thumbs Up**

Spdazzy xo yhu r here enjoyin self nd yhu didn't mention so dah i can join yhu.. kosi wahalasad

Sweetheart, no vex for me please. Oya come take nkwobi
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
Creeza:
Queenitee teleboiz005 pureheart91 harameede99
You better don't finish the rice,or I will ask harameede99 to give the teddy my nick

After you chop rice finish,comman update
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 12:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
queenitee:

You better don't finish the rice,or I will ask harameede99 to give the teddy my nick

pls bear with me, I am in a very tight corner today...

Work overload . I JUST BATTLED with a gas cooker that just wont burn well. of all days, it chose today. CHAI!!!

My villagers are indeed at work.

Speaking about, work, I updated but had to take it off, yes, I saw some leakholes and it didnt even flow in terms of storytelling.

I need more editing...
So that every moment you spend on this thread will be worth your stress and mb smiley
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
Creeza:
pls bear with me, I am in a very tight corner today...

Work overload . I JUST BATTLED with a gas cooker that just wont burn well. of all days, it chose today. CHAI!!!

My villagers are indeed at work.

Speaking about, work, I updated but had to take it off, yes, I saw some leakholes and it didnt even flow in terms of storytelling.

I need more editing...
So that every moment you spend on this thread will be worth your stress and mb smiley

Well,

You are the boss nah and I know when you eventually update,it will worth the delay embarassedembarassed
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 12:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
It will wink
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by harameede99(f): 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
Creeza:
you re welcome wink

I'm holy like that !!! cooljust a gentleman , doing things Inna bad way grin

Imagine, teddy bear cry and you gave it my nick

grin grin Cuddle it well o
if u dnt lyk it i culd change it or u culd help me giv it a name rememba u my crush i jst wanted to always rememba u dats y i gave it ya nick
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by harameede99(f): 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
queenitee:

wow i dint knw u wuld want dat dnt worry he wunt he wuld send it to u thru konga

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 1:45pm On Jan 05, 2017
harameede99:
if u dnt lyk it i culd change it or u culd help me giv it a name rememba u my crush i jst wanted to always rememba u dats y i gave it ya nick

cha!!! Love wantin ti! (ibo voice) grin

u're the lady nah, Do ur wish, but as long as I approve it first. Ok?
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 2:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
harameede99:
wow i dint knw u wuld want dat dnt worry he wunt he wuld send it to u thru konga
That will be just fine
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2017
Hummmmm !!!!

See competition!!!

We are watching cool
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Hadampson(m): 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
SPDAZZY:

Sweetheart, no vex for me please. Oya come take nkwobi
Okay. Apology accepted
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by harameede99(f): 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2017
Creeza:

cha!!! Love wantin ti! (ibo voice) grin

u're the lady nah, Do ur wish, but as long as I approve it first. Ok?
owk dear no pee..buh wen we go see update na i cn see sm pple r already longing their neck

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by SPDAZZY(f): 8:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
Hadampson:
Okay. Apology accepted

Thanks hun

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by rachealfst(f): 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2017
My seat is still here, take your time....More inspiration and wisdom to you.

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2017
lankyannie rachealfst mirob mhiz mhisbliss kpagogin hormobolanle tuhndhay spixntixy girlharley
MozB jagugu88li arosunshine sunshine46 spdazzy yorhmienerd tulz15 sethworld nder chijioke17 remiseyi muyjbee yusufibrahim eboigbedavid1 Xaviercasmirnmaglit mercichoco olite93 smemud Royh skarlett prettymizqdot
Udochee pelumee15 missmossy teel123 bibijay123
Queenitee dimssy teleboiz005 sarafina royh veekid harameede99

Continues *

Efua

I took my time to prepare . The air in that room was rush hour, as I got ready for the day's activity It would be a long one. We were sheduled for an overtime.

" Oh lord ,please give me strength"

I prayed in my heart as the task ahead reminded me of my camp days- NYSC training camp. During which , we underwent early morning drills ; evening parades and the last of it all, which consumed me was the endurance trekking- it drained my energy -of one kilometre, cross county. I gasped for air and sat on the floor occasionally during the exercise.

Now I could endure anything , a slap, being scolded and shouted at, snubbed or even starved but this , this ,I just couldnt take the torture on my legs and kneecap.

All these events though, prepared me for the task ahead, : this moment. I did my laces and adjusted my karky trousers, my white vest was left untucked.

I went into the corridor and approached the parlour. I heard voices.

" But bros " Uyi's clear and calm voice based through air " why are you always on the negative side to Efua?

After my dream , I became very catious of the duo. I planned on reducing the pressure on Nosa ,to change his ways. He'd change eventually, I was going to make it happen.

I stopped and began eavesdropping.

" Why would you think so? Nosa queried.

" why won't I? . You always find fault in what she says or does. Are you that cold to girls who love Christ?

" Love Christ? Nosa started with a sinister and wicked voice . he 'd normally do that when he found something unbelievable. It melted my heart.

" I don't have a grudge against her" I heard him dust his boot with a rag, and continued " I just hate ladies who pretend so much, it gets on my nerves "

A moment of silence sliced the air.

Then he continued " she too do holy holy, like say her papa nah Jesus last born".

Oh God have mercy , I couldn't take it anymore. He mocked the holy spirit.

I heard him clap his hands together and rubbed it on his face- probably powder. Fine boy no pimples.

" Mind how you talk . Don't joke with a thing like that " Uyi corrected " And besides , I don't know why it borthers you, except you like the girl, and you are forming stunch ."

" Me ? Godforbid. It can't happen ,me and Mother Theresa. Never "

Having said that, the air became quiet again. I popped out of hiding, and behaved like I hadn't heard a thing.

"Good morning "

" Efua , how are you? Good morning " Uyi said, but my eyes were fixed on Nosakhare .

" good morning o, Im--"

" Keep it to yourself" He said and laced his boots without glancing .

Uyi touched me on the arm, and I knew what he meant. Just let him be.

" Okay " I began " Let's say a short prayer befor-"

Nosa immediately stood up and walked towards the door. He hissed .

" At least let's thank God for life " Uyi called him back .

" I already did night vigil " he looked at me and I put down my head, " Oh you didn't know, when you wanted to bring down this roof with prayer, last night . Thanks to you , I had no sleep, "

" And no thanks for the invitation , just use my name as a prayer point , like you did last night.mtcheww" he said and banged the door behind him.

I raised my head . I was angry. I clutched my fingers , Would it be a crime if I jabbed his left eye with a pen cover?

Iziegbe

I checked my wrist watch,it was damn slow. I wanted to be anywhere but here, I couldn't take it anymore. I wished time would just fly.

I wanted the world to just end, and the lecturer who bored me to the bones would just die. His speech and manner of teaching just ate me up.

" argggh"

I yelled out and focused my head down the hall. Eyes turned toward me . who cared? Nobody . Not me ,as far I could remember.

" so that will be all for today " the lecturer said , amidst a standing ovation. " We shall continue next time"

I wondered why the hall filled with over a hundred students started clapping all of a sudden.These were the same people who had divided the lecture room into cliques. The noise makers , the iPhone users wannabes, and the gum chewers.

Why were they clapping? It was sheer mockery and a way of saying" Oya ,bye bye, you have tried "

Pathetic, in the most sincere manner. I shook my head and grinned.

" This man sef, he can preach for Africa, thank God he has left. "

" Abi o, ehen Babes, I just bought that latest jeans..."

Those girls had been gossiping behind me, since morning. University. I shook my head again.

"Let me pass " the cute looking boy next to me said . I adjusted my leg and he moved past without even glancing . He had ear phone buds in his ear all through the lecture , listening to music. He was even moving his head rhythmically.

Chai!! I exclaimed in disappointment, " At least I better pass some people. "

I stood up, and left and didnt evn jot down a single sentence from the lecture.

I was two rows near the door, when a very cute looking guy stopped me.

" please can I have your notes" he smiled " you got everything he said , right ?

" I already gave it out , to a friend" I lied and put up a fake smile.

" oh ! but you- excuse me"

A girl touched him from behind . I assumed her , to be his girlfriend.

" here, take mine, Aaron. You can have it ". She said and eyed me .

" for your mind o! Who you EPP? Abeggi don't give me that kind eyes. I almost said it, but rolled my eyes instead.

Actually she helped me, if she hadn't intervened, I could imagine the embarrassment. I wondered if the guy was trying to ask me out, but his line was whack .

" Can I have your notes? " Seriously ? Are we still in KG? Well, Boys will always be boys untill they mature into men .

" OK thank you for your time, I hope I didn't take much? Mr cute asked .

I shook my head and smiled . It changed to a frown immediately I was outside .

There were already packs of students outside. Each cluster discussing on different topics, course reps and dept reps shouting and calling their fellows.

I just wanted to get myself a good smoke and eat a nice lunch.

My phone beeped in my green leather jacket. I brought it out and checked the mail.

An unknown sender and it read

" Hi beautiful. I know this is unofficial but I would like to meet you, let's meet so we can discuss. Just meet me at the main gate .please. *Ade*

" Hiahn Oh !! I sighed out, " see me see wahala and command. What does this guy want from me?

Tbc

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by rachealfst(f): 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
In Simi's voice- "Soldier go soldier come soldier do wetin you want but don't fall in love with me" Well done Creeza.

2 Likes

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by harameede99(f): 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2017
Tnx for d mention buh dis nosa ehn hez giving me shivers oo

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
rachealfst:
In Simi's voice- "Soldier go soldier come soldier do wetin you want but don't fall in love with me" Well done Creeza.

Lol , you got the drill there... grin
harameede99:
Tnx for d mention buh dis nosa ehn hez giving me shivers oo

He is? Chai !! Don't worry I'll protect you from him kiss
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Tulz15(f): 9:51pm On Jan 06, 2017
Thanks 4 da mention, i enjoyed dis

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by harameede99(f): 1:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
Creeza:

Lol , you got the drill there... grin

He is? Chai !! Don't worry I'll protect you from him kiss
tnkx crushie i knw m safe wit u dats y i chose u
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by YINKS89(m): 2:52pm On Jan 07, 2017
harameede99:
tnkx crushie i knw m safe wit u dats y i chose u
please i take GOD beg u dont derail dis thread ....... let d guy focus so dat we gt update asap.... i kip checking all d time hoping to gt smfin bt always seein ur post abeg rest small u kan do dis later... sad sad sad sad
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by enirock(m): 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
dimssy:

We have popcorn,meat and fried fish which we eat while enjoying the updates....drinks also avaliable....what do you care for?
PS: creeza already paid for all.

All thanks to creezas. I would like some popcorn nd a nic bottle of re wine. D bes we have
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by harameede99(f): 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
YINKS89:
please i take GOD beg u dont derail dis thread ....... let d guy focus so dat we gt update asap.... i kip checking all d time hoping to gt smfin bt always seein ur post abeg rest small u kan do dis later... sad sad sad sad
ah ha r u jealousing?i culd giv u queenite buh i dnt tink m disturbing im wit my own comments as far as i knw he is trying wit his updates nd apologizing for any delay dnt make it my fault m nt d only one he replies to his comment creeza cumman tell im oo
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by YINKS89(m): 8:25pm On Jan 07, 2017
harameede99:
ah ha r u jealousing?i culd giv u queenite buh i dnt tink m disturbing im wit my own comments as far as i knw he is trying wit his updates nd apologizing for any delay dnt make it my fault m nt d only one he replies to his comment creeza cumman tell im oo
babe how kan i b jealous ?
1) im not gay.
2) ull neva see me comment wen not necessary
3) all ma life does not revolve around NL .

Thanks...
Still Yinks89.
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by dimssy(m): 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2017
enirock:

All thanks to creezas. I would like some popcorn nd a nic bottle of re wine. D bes we have
Na so,at your service.
But you only order once....qant to have a rethink?
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by harameede99(f): 1:19am On Jan 08, 2017
YINKS89:
babe how kan i b jealous ?
1) im not gay.
2) ull neva see me comment wen not necessary
3) all ma life does not revolve around NL .

Thanks...
Still Yinks89.
aiit so i will appreciate it if u dnt try to make it seem lyk m d cause for his nt updating or dah m a distraction
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 12:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
Nosa ah Nosa I got my eyes on you
Efua dear,you too dey do holy holy jae

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

Three Paths / Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Lethal Matrimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.