Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (88052 Views)

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / An Unusual Christmas In Ibadan (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / "365": A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by mhisbliss(f): 6:03pm On Jan 03, 2017
hahahhahaaahhaha not blaming nosa at all, all those people wey carry church for head as if them be Jesus first pikin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by bibijay123(f): 8:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
ROYH:
Creeza, Thanks For The Mention Bro, You're A Boo, I Don't Know Why I Didn't Get The Mention Earlier Not Until I Saw It On The Front Page, Even L.leigh Mentions Gan, I Don't Get, Walahi, Something Is Wrong With NL Abi Na Only Me, S.eun, Come Look Into This Oo.

Modified Thanks For Frequent Mentions And Dedication Lleigh And Cr.eeza, 2017 Shall Be A Joyous And Wonderful Ride For Us , That INTERNATIONAL Regconition That We Seek For Ehn, We Are Going Tao Get It BOTH Online And Offline, 2017 Shall Merit Us, You Guys Made My 2016 Passionate, Walahitalahi, Including
cc Bibija.y123
Skarlet.t
SheWrit.es/SheWrite
Fiya.h
Pam.elB
Nitef.ury
Smell.ymouth
Donkr.oss1
Oyinpr.ince
ClassC.aptain
Jagugu.88li ( Comments )
Jarizo.d
Biafra.BushBoy
Beenu.el
Babso.pey
Rachea.lfst ( D Moniker, i don get grin )
RolaDiv.a
Angelfe.sto ( Her Moniker 2 long, I No V Cram Am grin )
And My TEAM Mate
[size=2pt]#TEAM_HERO NAANI[/size] cc Thebles.sedman
tgold.1
mrlem.uel
smar.testpopqueen
Happy New Year To You Guys, ROYH_Cares.[b]Creeza, Never Forget I'm Following 4 Better 4 Worse
Amen to ur prayes bro! Happy new year!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 11:42pm On Jan 03, 2017
mhisbliss:
lol now thats a handful of compliments, is that real? Or you just pulling my legs? Don't understand the bolded
really? I wasn't actually grin just ... wink I'll pm you.
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 11:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
mujybee:
finally i catch u creeza

u neva finish 'When love dies' u dn strt anoda story 4 here

sha no kip us waiting 4 der
thanks for sticking around... wink
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 7:50am On Jan 04, 2017
Continues*

Efua

I flipped the Bible pages ,I had two more chapters to go, out of my daily plan.I had to be in bed afterwards, then prepare for work the next morning.

I looked up and saw both of them .The unrepentant sinner and the calm Uyi. They looked like they had woke up from sleep, or they never slept at all, thinking about something all through the night, and couldn't wait to executive their plans.
Something was wrong. What could it be?

*Uyi , why is your face like that? And Nosa, he was always the grumpy ,sinister type ,no need to wonder. The thought nearly escaped my mouth.

" What is it? I finally asked , with surprise written boldly on my face. I literally saw it .

" We want that thing ... " Uyi said harshly , scratching the back of his head.

I paused and put the Bible down on the table. Nosa leeannnned forrrrward , frowned his face and rettrreatted slooowlyyyyy. I nearly froze as the motion and my heart leapt.

" Which thing? I asked now scared than surprised.

" We know you are pretending, " Nosa said, and Uyi nodded , then the former continued " All this , sister Mary, mother Theresa, Saint Efua, all this thing --"

" I rebuke you in the na-"

" If you like re-book and re-pencil us from now till tomorrow " Uyi said with a frown " Efy ,you must give us that thing.. Yes .. There" he pointed to my laps, without remorse what soever.

I shut it tightly and covered my skirt till it touched my toes( if the floor beneath would permit, I would go even further). This had been my fear, and it finally came .
The both of them , the unrepentant sinner and his new convert, looked at each other , probably planning their attack . I had nowhere to run , this was not supposed to happen.

All of a sudden , Nosa nodded and looked at me, then back to Uyi.

" Grab her legs, I'll go first" He blurted out.
Uyi launched forward and I could imagine what he had in mind, whatever happened to guys when they wanted to rape a girl.

" No...No... Stop , don't".

I struggled as sweat broke from every part of my body. I screamed so loud and jerked as I threw my feet and arms up in the air to put up a fight.

Then I woke up. It was only a dream. Sweat broke out from every pore on my skin, my night wear became sticky due to its linen material. I gasped for air .

" It was only dream.. Thank God.

Fear gripped me, and I shook allover. I pulled my blanket up to the chest and looked round the room to make sure no one hid anywhere,even behind the curtains.

" Efua .. Efua are you okay? " Uyi 's voice came as he knocked on the door. " I heard you scream , are you OK in there?

" I'm fine ", I replied, now afraid of him .

He might also be a wolf in sheep's clothing . No wonder he was so kind to me. No,no !! I snapped out of the thought .he was a gentleman, I knew he was harmless. He was always listening to my preachings.

" Open the door.. Efua" he requested as his voice increased.

" Don't worry , I'm fine , It was just a nightmare " I clutched my night gown, tightly ,but then he knocked again,this time he commanded me to open the door.

I sprung up from the bed and clutched my night gown ,my arms covered my chest . I undid the lock and jumped backwards unto the bed, forced myself into a corner, ready for anything,

If he tries anything funny, I'll break his head* I thought, then a voice said in me " Where is your faith, Oh yee child of God ? Relax.

" Are you sure you are fine" he said as he entered." you are sweating allover " He shut the door calmly.

Eh? You came in and shut the door. ? What do you want? I thought and covererd my body with the blanket .

" its nothing, you can leave" I said " Im fine"

" No you are not" He began " I can stay here if you wa---"

" Eh?- no ! no! You can't -- " I shook my head like a robot, I rejected the idea outrightly .

Stay and do what? you are joking. I wish I had said that.
He stood there, tried coming nearer and retreated after he saw how scared I was.

" OK .. Lock the door " His eyes pryed into my bosom and I covered it firmly , no part was left visible. He left and I ran immediately to the door.

I bolted back after locking it, and fell to the bed, shivers went down my spine.What kind of problem was this ? I couldnt think straight anymore.

I bent down my head in prayers.

" Father , in the name of Jesus, I come against.."

Iziegbe

The doctor gave me a last minute checkup and ticked something in her chart.

" You are good to go, " she said and took off her gloves.

I got up from the bed and put on the jacket , Kechi had brought me. My gown was a new one bought the previous day, and I just couldnt wait to go back to the hostel and escape hospital stench, it was very strong to my nostrils.

" Don't forget to give her ,her medicines" The doctor reminded Kechi, who packed my belongings and whatever that was still useful.

" Thanks doc.. " Kechi said and crossed the one -armed bag on her shoulders.

We walked out into the lobby, and my legs were still shaky, especially where that mad man " Aisose " had cut me . I was limping but strong enough to walk.

We made it to the reception and I kept quiet all along.

" Okay -- take care ,nurse " Kechi bade the nurse on duty farewell as we made it to the front of the building. we were outside when, I saw a familiar figure . It had to be the man who had saved me.

He came right at us " Are you strong enough to be discharged? He asked

" Who are you , please ? I asked ,brushing off his arms from my shoulder.

I never liked being touched by strangers.

"Oh, I'm sorry " He began" I forgot we haven't officially met _, I'm --"

" He is the guy that brought you in" Kechi interfered.
Oh , No wonder ! His features were striking. His biceps and his chest was awesome. He was really my guardian angel. Nothing more!

" I'm sorry, for the way I acted -- sorry.. And thanks for saving me, that night. I appreciate "

He smiled and pat me on the shoulders . Then he brought out his palms " I'm Adeleke Ade, Lieutenant, third squadron , First command in the platoon and seventh battalion of the Nigerian Air force, Benin base."

Oh God!! I just got myself a military officer as a friend, I blushed and shook him too, his palms were somewhat rough and dark. Though he didn't put on any camouflage, you could tell he was either military or paramilitary.

" Izzy Ehisojie " I said " Student , Sociology and Anthropology, third year, Faculty of social sciences, UniBen"

My portfolio was something too, so I became proud temporarily.

He asked about my health and I replied, then he looked at Kechi, who was afraid of him .I suspected they hadn't met on a good note.

" And this is my friend Kechi " I pointed her direction. " She is an Anatomy stude-"

" We met already, and she is the talkie type " Ade said and took off his shades.
His eyes was so white.

We stood there and I was waiting for him to say something, still waiting for Kechi to say something,.. There was tension in between the three of us.

" Let me give you a ride" Ade said and took the bags from Kechi.

" No , we'll manage " Kechi said and took the bags back. " We are waiting for someone"

" yes , we are waiting for someone" I seconded and smiled sheepishly .

He stared at us blankly. His arms fixed into his pockets. " At least let me make sure you get home safely"

" We are waiting for Dani, right ? I turned to Kechi..
She nodded still gazing at Ade. He brought out his phone and gave it to me.

"Okay. Let me have your number" he said

" sure ! I typed in my number with the virtual keyboard.
See me see whahala! The thought ate me up.
This guy was going to be a pain the ass, I knew it deep down within me, I already got beat up for dishing guys on the first day of meeting. I wouldnt take another chance, and this was a military officer, except he was lying.

His own punishment for me would be far worse than Aisose's if I bleeped up. I couldn't take that chance.

Tbc

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 8:13am On Jan 04, 2017
And again, i saw errors. I'LL CORRECT them Asap. my android was remaining 2% (crying)
and i had to pub. It

thanks to Nepa. I COULDNT EVEN DO MENTIONS. angry
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by pelumee15(f): 8:15am On Jan 04, 2017
Happy new year creeza,tnx 4 d mention n updates.
More ink 2 ur pen and a fruitful 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:08am On Jan 04, 2017
mhisbliss:
hahahhahaaahhaha not blaming nosa at all, all those people wey carry church for head as if them be Jesus first pikin grin
like me holy boy mood :p
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:09am On Jan 04, 2017
pelumee15:
Happy new year creeza,tnx 4 d mention n updates.
More ink 2 ur pen and a fruitful 2017
no wahala
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Shakyroh320(f): 9:16am On Jan 04, 2017
i just got across this story,am sorry for the lateness.Let me quickly start reading so that i can catch up with u guyz,thankx for the invitation

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:39am On Jan 04, 2017
Shakyroh320:
i just got across this story,am sorry for the lateness.Let me quickly start reading so that i can catch up with u guyz,thankx for the invitation
welcome
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 9:42am On Jan 04, 2017
Weldone Creeza

this story is getting more interesting.....

but Efua should have taken precaution earlier...

why she is so comfortable in unknown men's lodge? she stayed too long for my liking

she should have arranged with one of her church members who are ladies

And to Izi...what is Ade mission?

Enjoy my popcorn dear for more energy in your writing cool

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:01am On Jan 04, 2017
Adesina12:
Weldone Creeza

this story is getting more interesting.....

but Efua should have taken precaution earlier...

why she is so comfortable in unknown men's lodge? she stayed too long for my liking

she should have arranged with one of her church members who are ladies

And to Izi...what is Ade mission?

Enjoy my popcorn dear for more energy in your writing cool
they all christains grin

AND she hasnt been there long, check the events storyline

Ade? Adesina? grin , IM SORRY for the coincidence, check the disclaimer.
Happy new year
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 10:16am On Jan 04, 2017
You know Creeza,before I started reading,I had the thought that maybe Uyi is pretending.Tho it was just a dream.Who knows,it might happen in real life

Ade,what's your mission?
Izzy,te jeje

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 10:19am On Jan 04, 2017
mhisbliss:
I'm telling you jae

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:34am On Jan 04, 2017
queenitee:
You know Creeza,before I started reading,I had the thought that maybe Uyi is pretending.Tho it was just a dream.Who knows,it might happen in real life

Ade,what's your mission?
Izzy,te jeje
It was just a dream '' in will smith's voice ! Dont let it bother you much wink
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Pureheart91(m): 11:00am On Jan 04, 2017
Efua is a religious lady abee, yet i wonder how she still allowed her virginity to be taken according to the prologue; even after having dreamt about such possibilities- abee na love cause am

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 11:10am On Jan 04, 2017
Pureheart91:
Efua is a religious lady abee, yet i wonder how she still allowed her virginity to be taken according to the prologue; even after having dreamt about such possibilities- abee na love cause am
i concur wid u boss.d gal fall full time for dt nosa.
She ws even warned sf b4 it happnd,galx eehn.tis well shaa

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
Mm mm mm *clearing throat* Ma'am above me.......eh lankyannie, e be like say you dey follow me. How market? wink

"we want that thing" grin grin dead.

These two Kechi and Izzy are wahala's friends. Izzy mostly

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by saraphina(f): 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2017
Pureheart91:
she was raped according to the prologue

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
jagugu88li:
Mm mm mm *clearing throat* Ma'am above me.......eh lankyannie, e be like say you dey follow me. How market? wink

lol buh i lyk izzy pass all ooo cus d bae sabi pretend ni.
Iz only u dt want's dt thing dead nt we.
Market dry lyk harmattan.

2 Likes

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by harameede99(f): 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2017
Creeza:
And again, i saw errors. I'LL CORRECT them Asap. my android was remaining 2% (crying)
and i had to pub. It

thanks to Nepa. I COULDNT EVEN DO MENTIONS. angry
wow crushie u bursting my brain here nd WLD....nd we undastand u almighty nepa knws hw to make us cry nd swear attimes

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by triplemmm3(f): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
Thanks for the update Creeza, it's now becoming interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 2:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
jagugu88li:

boiz are not smiling, Konji thingy things...

Just give them the thing, mae em use am to hold body! grin

Iye meh (mummy o! ) grin
rtflmao
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
harameede99:
wow crushie u bursting my brain here nd WLD....nd we undastand u almighty nepa knws hw to make us cry nd swear attimes
dn mind the yeye people, they can fustrate person, and to modify the post with my nokia (chai , this phone hv been saving my life since 2015 grin) wont be possible,

Anyways thanks, for undastnding. wink
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 2:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
saraphina:
she was raped according to the prologue
good observation , smiley
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by harameede99(f): 3:51pm On Jan 04, 2017
Creeza:
dn mind the yeye people, they can fustrate person, and to modify the post with my nokia (chai , this phone hv been saving my life since 2015 grin) wont be possible,

Anyways thanks, for undastnding. wink
smiles nokia no dey quick die na nine lives e get..u welcum crushie i jst got a pink medium sized bear my sis got it for me i named it creeza

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by mhisbliss(f): 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2017
Creeza:
like me holy boy mood :p
grin holy wetin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 12:53am On Jan 05, 2017
triplemmm3:
Thanks for the update Creeza, it's now becoming interesting
you re welcome wink
mhisbliss:
grin holy wetin

I'm holy like that !!! cooljust a gentleman , doing things Inna bad way grin
harameede99:
smiles nokia no dey quick die na nine lives e get..u welcum crushie i jst got a pink medium sized bear my sis got it for me i named it creeza

Imagine, teddy bear cry and you gave it my nick

grin grin Cuddle it well o
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by dimssy(m): 9:17am On Jan 05, 2017
Creeza,popcorn and others don finish ooooo.
People don dey complain.

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:29am On Jan 05, 2017
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:39am On Jan 05, 2017
Please o, let me cook breakfast abeg, me too am worried here.

This thing sef, who sabi cook coconut rice,the thing is doing me like maths here cry angry undecided

Mtchewww!!!

Don't laugh me o grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Three Paths / Black Maria 5 - Retribution (The Final Book)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.