Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

What Really Is Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Really Is Love? (790 Views)

Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? / Rise In Social Vices; Who Really Is To Blame / Konji Really Is An Uncircumcised BASTARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Really Is Love? by slevin1(m): 9:28pm On Dec 23, 2016
Humans above the age of 3 and beyond all believe that they know what love is. Yea yea. What's the big deal, even animals know what it is. But what it is may not be what it really is. How can one explain what is, which really isn't what it is or seems to be? That's the whirlwind dilemma that swirls people around, entangling them in a misty storm where good sight will be a prize. Humans do a lot of good things for the sake of love, and as much bad things for it's sake. A lover could kill whom he/she loves rather than watch him/her be happy with someone else. I've seen girls being beat on by their boyfriends/husbands, yet they refuse to leave him, and it amazes me that she'd believe she still loves him. A guy whose heart was broken by a girl whom he dated for years, who then decides to leave him, will find himself running to be enveloped in her arms again cos he just can't let go. A writer once wrote "they die too much they who fall in love." We do crazy, stupid, unimaginable things in the name of this word which in its ambiguous yet incongruent property, should be all about happiness. But it is not. Love breeds jealousy and hatred. Yet love is pure. If it was pure in its intricacy, how can it be concurrent to such properties?

Now, friends, Think about the stories you've heard or experiences witnessed (good and bad), and the good things and bad things that happened. Then ask yourself this question "Was that love?", "could that have been love?"

In your own way, share what you think love is. Don't refer to what it should be.

Ladies and Gentlemen, keep it your own definition/meaning.
Re: What Really Is Love? by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2016
Loving someone has so many things attached to it,
1. The fear of not wanting to lose who you love makes you feel bad, you feel bad because of what you love
2. You hate on someone tryna take someone you love from you, you hate someone because you love someone
3. You go through a lot because you tryna keep going your relationship with the one you love

Love is truly four letter word looking as though it should be all about good feelings and good feelings only but it has its own challenges too, because you wanna keep having what you have, you fight against losing it, you wrongly feel bad your boo isn't doing what you expect them to do but something may have gotten into their way then you start hurting. Loving someone who also feels the same way, you want to do all you can to keep them, so it takes more than the word "Love" to do that.

1 Like

Re: What Really Is Love? by slevin1(m): 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
Tajbol4splend:
Loving someone has so many things attached to it,
1. The fear of not wanting to lose who you love makes you feel bad, you feel bad because of what you love
2. You hate on someone tryna take someone you love from you, you hate someone because you love someone
3. You go through a lot because you tryna keep going your relationship with the one you love

Love is truly four letter word looking as though it should be all about good feelings and good feelings only but it has its own challenges too, because you wanna keep having what you have, you fight against losing it, you wrongly feel bad your boo isn't doing what you expect them to do but something may have gotten into their way then you start hurting. Loving someone who also feels the same way, you want to do all you can to keep them, so it takes more than the word "Love" to do that.

Quite an elaborate explanation. But if asked from ur understanding above to give it a firm definition, what would it be?
Re: What Really Is Love? by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2016
slevin1:

Quite an elaborate explanation. But if asked from ur understanding above to give it a firm definition, what would it be?

Let's forget about dictionary definition, love can be defined in different ways depending on an individual's experience about it, to me,

Love is a bond and a way of life lived by people in it which has its own challenges, challenges that need to be circumvented by these people to make sure the love remains. The opposite of the word "Love" isn't "Hate", but I think it is "Indifference"

1 Like

Re: What Really Is Love? by falconey(m): 8:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
To me love is a word I use to get what I want.

parents: I love you dad/woman (I get stipend)

job: I love working/ to work in this firm( to get the job or promotion)

girlfriend: I love you( to get her to date me or have coitus_)

etc
Re: What Really Is Love? by slevin1(m): 10:49pm On Dec 24, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

Let's forget about dictionary definition, love can be defined in different ways depending on an individual's experience about it, to me,

Love is a bond and a way of life lived by people in it which has its own challenges, challenges that need to be circumvented by these people to make sure the love remains. The opposite of the word "Love" isn't "Hate", but I think it is "Indifference"

Now somebody is philosophizing.
Re: What Really Is Love? by slevin1(m): 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
falconey:
To me love is a word I use to get what I want.

parents: I love you dad/woman (I get stipend)

job: I love working/ to work in this firm( to get the job or promotion)

girlfriend: I love you( to get her to date me or have coitus_)

etc

Lol. I think I like this. It emanates from within. Your very own perspective. Nice.

2 Likes

Re: What Really Is Love? by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:27am On Dec 25, 2016
slevin1:

Now somebody is philosophizing.

Yes he's
Re: What Really Is Love? by BabaRamota1980: 1:57am On Dec 25, 2016
The first principle of love...
"I own nothing, nothing owns me".

It is expressed as a coefficient. Those who observe this philosophy are able to rid their emotions of the clutters that block it from loving others sincerely.

There are two phenomenons of love, (1) divine love; (2) material love.

Material love is what we bring with us into existence, right out of the womb..it is innate. Material love is the attachment a 1yr old has and demonstrates when you disposess him of a toy. As we grow our grooming evolves with different aspects of possessiveness. The sense of ownership is carried into social relationships of make and brake.
Re: What Really Is Love? by slevin1(m): 9:35am On Dec 25, 2016
BabaRamota1980:
The first principle of love...
"I own nothing, nothing owns me".

It is expressed as a coefficient. Those who observe this philosophy are able to rid their emotions of the clutters that block it from loving others sincerely.

There are two phenomenons of love, (1) divine love; (2) material love.

Material love is what we bring with us into existence, right out of the womb..it is innate. Material love is the attachment a 1yr old has and demonstrates when you disposess him of a toy. As we grow our grooming evolves with different aspects of possessiveness. The sense of ownership is carried into social relationships of make and brake.

Okay. So what is love?

(1) (Reply)

Please, What's Your Opinion On This Situation? / 9 Things You Need To Be Sure About Before Saying ‘I Do’ / Lol My Guy Is Crazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.