Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. (2457 Views)

Couple Married For 10 Years, Never Had Sex Once (photos) / Couple Married A Week After They Met (Photos) / "Nigerian Men Are The Best, They Spend On Ladies Well" - South Africa Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Explorers(m): 1:01am On Dec 24, 2016
A Tennessee couple married for nearly 64 years died just hours apart as they spent their final moments holding hands in their hospital beds.

Dolores Winstead, 83, and husband Trent Winstead, 88, died in Nashville's Saint Thomas West Hospital two weeks ago and five weeks short of their 64th wedding anniversary.

Several days before the couple passed away, a healthy Dolores stood by her husband's hospital bed holding his hand after he was admitted due to his failing kidneys.

Dialysis had started to weaken his heart and he was moved to intensive care as Dolores and their two adult children, Eddie and Sheryl, were forced to watch his condition worsen. But soon after on the night of December 7, Dolores started to complain ofa headache and started throwing up.

The 83-year-old had suffered a severe brain aneurysm as she stood by her husband's bedside.

She was connected to a ventilator as her condition started to deteriorate.

Hospital staff received approval to place the couple in the same room so they could spend their final moments together.

They were pictured lying together holding hands.

Dolores and Trent had been married for almost 64 years and had two children, three grand children and eight great grand children.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4061820/Couple-married-64-years-die-hours-spending-final-moments-holding-hands.html

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Divay22(f): 1:04am On Dec 24, 2016
Hmmmm
If only they waited
*modify#

Rip to them........

1 Like

Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Explorers(m): 1:05am On Dec 24, 2016
The couple met back in the 1950s in Dickson County, Tennessee and married soon after Trent returned from serving in the Korean War.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by OchukoisBlack(m): 1:08am On Dec 24, 2016
Wow, real soulmates.
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by CentaurXV(m): 1:08am On Dec 24, 2016
Hmmm, A sight to behold.
Rest in peace. smiley
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 24, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by pennytrate: 1:14am On Dec 24, 2016
•• → wow isn't this adorable? I pray for something better °°

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Explorers(m): 1:14am On Dec 24, 2016
Their children said they were polar opposites, Dolores was quiet and had a love of cooking, while Trent was outgoing and spent his days fishing on the lake.

Dolores stopped breathing at 9.10pm on December 9.

The couple's son Eddie had to lean over and tell Trent that his beloved wife had died.

The 88-year-old blew a kiss to his wife and died just hours later.

'Because she was gone, he just could not handle it. We just watched him die,' their daughter Sheryl told the Washington Post.

Trent and Dolores would have celebrated their 64th wedding anniversary on January 17.

The couple were laid to rest last week with Dolores in a pink casket and Trent in a blue one.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by BarakOkenny(m): 1:20am On Dec 24, 2016
Awww! Till death couldn't do them part.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Silentscreamer(f): 1:22am On Dec 24, 2016
See how beautiful they were when they were still young. Old age no good at all.
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by BabaRamota1980: 1:27am On Dec 24, 2016
May God rest them both in peace!
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Silvereze(m): 1:38am On Dec 24, 2016
What a fulfilled marital life

1 Like

Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by RaeMystix: 1:41am On Dec 24, 2016
pennytrate:
•• → wow isn't this adorable? I pray for something better °°
AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by chronique(m): 1:44am On Dec 24, 2016
Perfect example of growing old and grey with you.
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Flexherbal(m): 2:00am On Dec 24, 2016
chronique:
True talk !
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by taurus25(m): 2:23am On Dec 24, 2016
The Notebook comes to mind

2 Likes

Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by sisisioge: 5:48am On Dec 24, 2016
Hmmmm...some do get lucky enough to find a love that last for a lifetime. I'm green, pink, blue and lemon with envy!

How Mrs Explorers? Imagine you two making it like this? May God bless us all.
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by sisisioge: 5:49am On Dec 24, 2016
chronique:

...and walking each other home.
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Smellymouth: 5:53am On Dec 24, 2016
taurus25:
The Notebook comes to mind

One of the best movies I have ever seen..
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by dillycool(f): 5:53am On Dec 24, 2016
Waohhhh.
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Smellymouth: 5:56am On Dec 24, 2016
N.P ==> Thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran.. cool
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by jamalnation(m): 6:05am On Dec 24, 2016
Wow
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by rosieflower2(f): 6:05am On Dec 24, 2016
Happy ending
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Funjosh(m): 6:05am On Dec 24, 2016
This is Woau!
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by ichommy(m): 6:14am On Dec 24, 2016
WoW
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 24, 2016
Nigerian Girls are so wicked, Rokiat broke up with me yesterday and she has already start eating and partying.............*sobs* sad sad

1 Like

Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 24, 2016
I don't want to die old and in pain, when I am 70, probably get a gun and blow my brains out.

1 Like

Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 24, 2016
R I P to them...
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Laveda(f): 6:56am On Dec 24, 2016
Smellymouth:
N.P ==> Thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran.. cool
Beautiful. smiley

Right? wink
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by Smellymouth: 7:13am On Dec 24, 2016
Laveda:

Beautiful. smiley

Right? wink

Yeahh..Me likey cheesy grin

Someday.. tongue
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by HCF(m): 7:27am On Dec 24, 2016
Silentscreamer:
See how beautiful they were when they were still young. Old age no good at all.
...and yet no one prays to die young. Sometimes life makes one feel entrapped!
Re: Couple Married For 64Yrs Died Hours Apart As They Spend Final Moment Together. by LorDBolton(m): 7:33am On Dec 24, 2016
We are nothing but animals...higher animals

When I was a pre-teen I thought I'd live forever

Now I can't even play football 90mins again grin grin grin

And some trickster will prey on my fear of death by urging me to attend church so I make heaven and live forever.

I always ask them...live forever in heaven doing what exactly??
They never have an answer

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To 4ork A Nairalander HELP!! / Checkout The Sexiest Macho On Nairaland / My Ex Needs My Help Financially, What Your Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.