Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline (25652 Views)

2019: 15 Governors, 80 Senators, Others Set To Battle Buhari- NewTelegraphOnline / Kanu: Why FG Can’t Hold Abaribe, Others Responsible - NewTelegraphOnline / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Consider PDP Return - NewTelegraphOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Metroescobar: 9:04am On Dec 24, 2016
sarrki:

My president is a man of integrity

Baba obasanjo is an elder statesman

I am a patriot

God bless Muhammadu Buhari

God bless Nigeria

Whenever they ask you to defend something instead of you to reply with facts you would instead start screaming god bless this and that like a false pastor! No wonder it is believed you are programmed just like a true zombie!

2 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by zikter(m): 9:04am On Dec 24, 2016
wunmi590:

You seems to be right, but no matter what, ex-convict thoes not have a rebrand, they are all ex-convict grin
unfortunately the law does not look at the issue from the angle you are looking at. it sees the issue as two different things altogether

4 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by ehikwe22: 9:05am On Dec 24, 2016
Ibori is a criminal but he has a good heart. I haven't seen any politician in Nigeria that has a better heart than him. He single handedly fought against Obasanjo when he wanted to cede some oil wells from Delta to Onda. He was the only governor that openly gave Obasanjo issues when he was planning for 3rd term. He made many people, carried people along, built schools, roads, hospitals and Delta State was bubbling during his tenure.
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by IVORY2009(m): 9:10am On Dec 24, 2016
[s]
rusher14:

Ibori that has been penetrated from behind in London prison?
He should take bobrisky as his vice.
[/s]

You that has been penetrated here nkor? grin
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 24, 2016
Nigerians are annoying oo... We are the cause of our problems. Some people will still support this man. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by checkout50: 9:12am On Dec 24, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

You called him a criminal. Are you a righteous person?

Just because he was exposed and convicted?

Hundreds of men who commits atrocities more than him are celebrated on the streets.
We all know all politicians are thieves.
He was punished because he put OBJ on his toes, because he was on the side of his people than supporting the government.

I am not a member of his family. I am not from his region. But I stand for the just cause.
I offers critical analysis to matter of public importance.

Ken Saro Wiwa and many others were silenced in the region for saying and vouched for the truth
you are mature and intelligent, ibori have his flaws but that guy is a leader,it takes critical analysis to know that, he will rise again.
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by zikter(m): 9:12am On Dec 24, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Of course there is a proof. The absence of his Waec certificate is proof he doesn't have one.Buhari is as guilty as ibori and you yourself a pathetic hypocrite.WTF!!!what do you mean by alleged? Has Buhari presented his Waec certificate?
and who told you WAEC certificate is the minimum requirement for contesting presidential election in Nigeria? go and read the constitution properly and stop this ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Victarion(m): 9:13am On Dec 24, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

Ex convict or not

Ibori is 101% Better than PMB and OBJ combined.

He was always against injustices during OBJ tenure that why OBJ decided to punished him through EFCC.

Forget Conviction or not Who is not corruption.

Is Buhari a saint?

Is OBJ a saint

what's this one saying undecided
EYIBLESSN:

Ex convict or not

He was always against injustices during OBJ tenure that why OBJ decided to punished him through EFCC.

Is Buhari a saint?

Is OBJ a saint

what's this one saying

2 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by IYANGBALI: 9:13am On Dec 24, 2016
Evil people. No wonder we are where we are today. I will rather support juliaann than support the ex convict

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 24, 2016
ehikwe22:
Ibori is a criminal but he has a good heart. I haven't seen any politician in Nigeria that has a better heart than him. He single handedly fought against Obasanjo when he wanted to cede some oil wells from Delta to Onda. He was the only governor that openly gave Obasanjo issues when he was planning for 3rd term. He made many people, carried people along, built schools, roads, hospitals and Delta State was bubbling during his tenure.

Bros why are you people like this now, why? Why? Can you imagine?

Ibori is a criminal but he has a good heart? My God

Criminals are greedy people, they do things just to benefit themselves.

Have you seen an armed robber with a good heart?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by IYANGBALI: 9:15am On Dec 24, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

Ex convict or not

Is Buhari a saint?

Is OBJ a saint

people like you killed and buried this country cry

2 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by wunmi590(m): 9:20am On Dec 24, 2016
adegeye38:

Ibori's case is a criminal conviction, Obj own were military clamp downs, also the constitution then is different from the one now , 1999 constitution as amended, stipulated that no ex convict can run for office of any kind, but the senate later amended it, to state that no person convicted of corruption and fraud related issues can ever run for office.

By the way people like you are the reasin Nigeria is like this.

At the beginning you were making sense, believing you would end it well, but you later spoilt it with your last sentence.

Receive sense bro, if you don't know how to correct people politely, then don't bother comment.

I don't insult on NL and you will never force me to.

Goodday
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by zikter(m): 9:20am On Dec 24, 2016
winningwinner:

So corruption is bigger than treason? I'm still listening.
this is no argument. why don't you simply Google your constitution and see the difference between the two cases. we are talking about law here and not what you think or feel, OK? do you think obj and pmb opponents kept quiet on their supposed convictions? trivial issues of pmb certificate were raised and none about a major issue of conviction and you think PDP were foolish to do that? we should not be so ignorant about our laws as this is computer age and not stone age.
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by ehikwe22: 9:21am On Dec 24, 2016
Weselion:

Bros why are you people like this now, why? Why? Can you imagine?

Ibori is a criminal but he has a good heart? My God

Criminals are greedy people, they do things just to benefit themselves.

Have you seen an armed robber with a good heart?
yes, I have seen. Do you know your history? I'm not talking for talking sake. Ibori is a human rights activists. I have been close to him through a politician uncle. I know there's a motive for everything a criminal does, but if you're observant enough, you can see beyond facades and charades. Buhari rode of the cloak of integrity to deceive the gullible, I'm not one of those people that can be easily deceived.
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by wunmi590(m): 9:23am On Dec 24, 2016
zikter:
unfortunately the law does not look at the issue from the angle you are looking at. it sees the issue as two different things altogether

You are right bro

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by wunmi590(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2016
zikter:
try to read the constitution and electoral laws relating to conviction before commenting. the cases of obj and buhari with ibori are not the same.

Thanks you
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by ehikwe22: 9:25am On Dec 24, 2016
zikter:
this is no argument. why don't you simply Google your constitution and see the difference between the two cases. we are talking about law here and not what you think or feel, OK? do you think obj and pmb opponents kept quiet on their supposed convictions? trivial issues of pmb certificate were raised and none about a major issue of conviction and you think PDP were foolish to do that? we should not be so ignorant about our laws as this is computer age and not stone age.
you call certificate forgery a trivial issue?
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by zikter(m): 9:27am On Dec 24, 2016
Macgabe:
It is crystal clear that some persons sense of reasoning has been badly tampered with. This is the only country where criminals, thieves, manipulators and all kinds of negative devices are celebrated. How in God's name can we continue celebrating someone that looted state treasury running into hundreds of millions of dollars!
I cant understand the level of moral decadence, heightened by the inept conception of the obvious by those celebrating this man called Ibori. This is the height of ignorance, displayed by Nigerians and it would keep ringing in the minds of those akin to such criminal act as a way of giving them a pat in the back to continue their mismanagement as some section of the populace will still celebrate them.
We pray that God should come and rescue us from all these set of people but what are we doing to discourage them from continuing in this destructive path? It is time for us to stand on our feet and say #IT IS ENOUGH!!!
thumbs up bro. these are the same people who will put a tyre around a maggi thief neck and burn him to ashes. this is what African China sang about. we are in serious trouble in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Metroescobar: 9:30am On Dec 24, 2016
ehikwe22:
yes, I have seen. Do you know your history? I'm not talking for talking sake. Ibori is a human rights activists. I have been close to him through a politician uncle. I know there's a motive for everything a criminal does, but if you're observant enough, you can see beyond facades and charades. Buhari rode of the cloak of integrity to deceive the gullible, I'm not one of those people that can be easily deceived.

Mr man keep quiet! See you saying that during his tenure delta was bubbling? Because you were having access to easy government money I'm sure? See a man that robbed your state blind and did not even bother to provide you guys with adequate infrastructure or even help in cleaning up your wastelands but rather preferred to be coming to abuja to waste your states cash on prostitutes and booze and on foreign balling trips is who you term to have a "good heart"!

I swear I've never seen people as myopic as you chaps from that south south zone! All you people know is clan rubbish and grooving and blaming! never any accountability, justice or development

4 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Royals1st: 9:30am On Dec 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
James Onanefe Ibori,

Things have changed. Things have really changed since you were gone on vacation,at the UK equivalent of the Gulag Achipelago.

In the scheme of things in Nigeria now,you are what is referred to as a local champion. As your influence does not go beyond the Urhobo axis of Delta,and that makes you very irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

Let us not forget our Constitution is clear about EX Convicts. A very intelligent writer below me,pointed to the fact that Buhari too was locked up,and to him I say,there is a difference between a Court of law,and a military tribunal.

James Onanefe Ibori. The truth of the matter is,save your money and live a very quiet life,as an attempt to get back into Politics again will see you face part 2 of Jail term in Nigeria.

There is no more money to loot,like it was in your Era. And honestly we in the APC Do not want a convicted criminal,to give our party a bad name.

James Ibori,you can join the ranks of your friends in the PDP like Omisore the accused Murderer of Bola Ige,or Kashamu that the Interpol is looking for to grab as a drug runner.

James when you reach Naija,chop Owoh soup and starch and then begin watch TV until your old age.

Am not in support of ibori or any political party bcs all una na one family but am just shocked that you are proud to ( show that you were part of APC u said we in the APC ) just today Xmas eve 1$ to naira 500 GOD will reward u all proud a APC

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by sammyj: 9:32am On Dec 24, 2016
Both were jailed for treason motivated by politics and not for stealing like your Lord I boring! ! undecided
BeeBeeOoh:
That means Buhari & Obasanjo are Ex-Clergy men I guess??

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by zikter(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2016
ehikwe22:
you call certificate forgery a trivial issue?
was he accused of certificate forgery? the issue was raised was he did not have waec certificate and not that he forged it. again get your facts right pls before coming out online to type. but I still emphasize that you can Google your constitution on qualification for President in your country so you can learn. don't think those who withdraw their cases were foolish to do so.

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Btruth: 9:34am On Dec 24, 2016
I'm not sure if APC would wanted to enlist him. APC is still dealing with the tarnish image of Tinubu, Saraki, Amaechi, Fashola and others that Nigerians thinks they ought to have face the music of the EFCC if not that Buhari is still shielding them.

So, why will Buhari and other members would wanted Ibori, a renowned international thief in their party again?

lipsrsealed
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Smithcole70(m): 9:36am On Dec 24, 2016
Who will grant him the presidential Pardon now? We are in trouble in this country with all this comment seen here.

4 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by docjeph(m): 9:37am On Dec 24, 2016
sarrki:

Ibori served jail terms for corruption

Buhari and obasanjo were convicted by the military

On coup related stuff.

They are not criminals
My broda, wat re u sayin? Is carrying out a coup d' etat against ur country not a criminal offence? Where lives re somtyms taken?
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Vatsyayana: 9:37am On Dec 24, 2016
sarrki:

Do you think Nigeria is that bahd?

Have a rethink if you believe in such

Ibori is an ex convict.

According to the Nigerian Constitution. Ibori cannot hold any political post for a period of 10 years!
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by BCharles: 9:40am On Dec 24, 2016
sarrki:

Do you think Nigeria is that bahd?

Have a rethink if you believe in such

Ibori is an ex convict.

I dont know why people are celebrating this thief of a guy..... Nigerias are confused indeed......

Someone is even mentioning Atiku 2019

That is ridiculous......

4 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by zikter(m): 9:42am On Dec 24, 2016
Agimor:
Some persons are just here spewing trash up and down.Sariki, OBJ & Tinubu are they more righteous than Ibori? Even the self acclaimed saint Buhari is morally corrupt.
you may be saying the truth but not the fact. law works with facts and not truth. in case of ibori the facts were proved in court and therefore he is a convict. the law will never look at ibori and the likes of obj, tinubu etc as same. if you accuse me of slapping you, you may be saying the truth but need facts to prove I slap you before a judge. e.g are there finger marks, who witnessed the slap etc. that is how law works .

2 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by ehikwe22: 9:48am On Dec 24, 2016
zikter:
was he accused of certificate forgery? the issue was raised was he did not have waec certificate and not that he forged it. again get your facts right pls before coming out online to type. but I still emphasize that you can Google your constitution on qualification for President in your country so you can learn. don't think those who withdraw their cases were foolish to do so.
Did he Forge his certificate? Yes or no?
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by henryhemon(m): 9:48am On Dec 24, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

Ex convict or not

Is Buhari a saint?

Is OBJ a saint

With comments you wonder why Nigeria is where it is now. And folks like you will be shouting you want a better Nigeria..shameless youths.-

2 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by adegeye38(m): 9:49am On Dec 24, 2016
wunmi590:

At the beginning you were making sense, believing you would end it well, but you later spoilt it with your last sentence.

Receive sense bro, if you don't know how to correct people politely, then don't bother comment.

I don't insult on NL and you will never force me to.

Goodday
How can you say you are not against him contesting in 2019 it baffles me, i dont insult online too, but that was.....

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
That means Buhari & Obasanjo are Ex-Clergy men I guess??

it means he is disqualified from contesting or occupying public office. all this talk of contesting is neither here nor there unless you hear that president has granted him a pardon like the transvestite from Bayelsa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gunmen Invade Villages In Bonny, Rivers State, Kill Four (Graphic Photos) / 2023 Presidency: APC Shops For President Buhari’s Alternative / Okonjo Iweala Article Hacked, Threat Message Left (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.