Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline (25668 Views)

2019: 15 Governors, 80 Senators, Others Set To Battle Buhari- NewTelegraphOnline / Kanu: Why FG Can’t Hold Abaribe, Others Responsible - NewTelegraphOnline / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Consider PDP Return - NewTelegraphOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by zikter(m): 9:51am On Dec 24, 2016
ehikwe22:
yes, I have seen. Do you know your history? I'm not talking for talking sake. Ibori is a human rights activists. I have been close to him through a politician uncle. I know there's a motive for everything a criminal does, but if you're observant enough, you can see beyond facades and charades. Buhari rode of the cloak of integrity to deceive the gullible, I'm not one of those people that can be easily deceived.
why did he steal money for the masses if he has that good heart? think well may be you are already deceived

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by henryhemon(m): 9:51am On Dec 24, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

Your Opinions Your Interest.
When his people say YES. You cannot stop them. Ijaw, Itsekiri, Urhobo nation are for him.
I am a Moralist. I am never from his region.
You should be a saint as well. Moses was not a perfect leader. He wasn't at the gate of the promise land. Yet his people knew his impact.
My understanding cannot be bought.

Stop using the Bible to support your evil.

4 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by slivertongue: 9:53am On Dec 24, 2016
Eye Service
"The man that makes everybody and nobody made him*"

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Victarion(m): 9:55am On Dec 24, 2016
ehikwe22:
Ibori is a criminal but he has a good heart. I haven't seen any politician in Nigeria that has a better heart than him. He single handedly fought against Obasanjo when he wanted to cede some oil wells from Delta to Onda. He was the only governor that openly gave Obasanjo issues when he was planning for 3rd term. He made many people, carried people along, built schools, roads, hospitals and Delta State was bubbling during his tenure.
What a Ridiculous comment. Someone that embezzled State funds and enriched himself and his family, also got himself properties abroad. That's who you're refering to has having a good heart. Just like imagining Mexicans saying El Chapo has a good heart..

3 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by zikter(m): 9:56am On Dec 24, 2016
ehikwe22:
Did he Forge his certificate? Yes or no?
PDP accused him of not having certificate. I don't know what you are asking about forgery. your initial comment came from issues raised by pdp . but if you feel he forged certificate kindly file your suit at the nearest court of law. if I had feel the same, I would have done that.

4 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by oruma19: 9:57am On Dec 24, 2016
[quote author=BeeBeeOoh post=52209267]That means Buhari & Obasanjo are Ex-Clergy men I guess??[/quoteThe woman who complained to the king in 2 kings 6:38 represents the Urhobo nation, The other woman is symbolic of the country called Nigeria. Make una do the maths..... Let's use our brain..I am only hopeful that since "our son" did not die like former Governor Alams, he should do restitution to Delta people and the gvt. So we can have peace.
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 24, 2016
henryhemon:

Stop using the Bible to support your evil.

let him continue wasting his time. A convict cannot contest for any office, cannot be minister, cannot be LG chairman, cannot be anything. The most he can do is join Bode his fellow ex-con and be member of PDP and pulling strings from behind.

2 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by kassy777: 9:58am On Dec 24, 2016
Atiku2019:
King Ibori grin grin Funny Country grin grin
FTo describe this country as funny is like giving distinction in an exam to the dullest persons like Buhari. I can categorically say that majority of Nigerians are less better than chickens. In fact Majority of Nigerians are shits. We are not qualified tobe described as humans.

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by mfm04622: 9:58am On Dec 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Stop over-speeding like Dangote truck looking for things to crush. Is Buhari an ex-convict or not??

Buhari is not an Ex-convict! No court nor military tribunal found him guilty of anything. He was just put in detention when removed through coup.

2 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by ehikwe22: 10:01am On Dec 24, 2016
Metroescobar:

Mr man keep quiet! See you saying that during his tenure delta was bubbling? Because you were having access to easy government money I'm sure? See a man that robbed your state blind and did not even bother to provide you guys with adequate infrastructure or even help in cleaning up your wastelands but rather preferred to be coming to abuja to waste your states cash on prostitutes and booze and on foreign balling trips is who you term to have a "good heart"!

I swear I've never seen people as myopic as you chaps from that south south zone! All you people know is clan rubbish and grooving and blaming! never any accountability, justice or development
yes we were seeing free money and it was so sweet. That's what government is about. Good standard of living and money circulation. The contrast to that is what Nigeria is experiencing right now under Buhari.
Ibori was already a billionaire before he became a governor. I said Ibori is a criminal because he made his money through crime. Ibori became a billionaire during Abachas regime and some shady dealings overseas. All the money seized from Ibori are proceeds from crime but I don't think most are from state's treasury.

NB: I'm not supporting him to run for an elective position because apparently, he's an ex convict and I believe in the rule of law. Just saying my opinion about a good man that was just caught up in the political game.
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by oteggt(m): 10:01am On Dec 24, 2016
I know and u also know that no governor in Nigeria had not loot d state money. Even d presidents and ministers.
Ibori case came up because he challenged Obj. I m from Delta state. I m not saying he should contest or not but l will tell u, he did better than other Delta State government. The little infrastructures development in delta state was done by him.
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by jaafree: 10:02am On Dec 24, 2016
Its only in nigeria that people thinks of a convict as their next president. How pathetic!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by mfm04622: 10:02am On Dec 24, 2016
checkout50:
you are mature and intelligent, ibori have his flaws but that guy is a leader,it takes critical analysis to know that, he will rise again.

He will need a Presidential pardon to do that. Which President will grant him pardon?

2 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by DIKEnaWAR: 10:03am On Dec 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
James Onanefe Ibori,

Things have changed. Things have really changed since you were gone on vacation,at the UK equivalent of the Gulag Achipelago.

In the scheme of things in Nigeria now,you are what is referred to as a local champion. As your influence does not go beyond the Urhobo axis of Delta,and that makes you very irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

Let us not forget our Constitution is clear about EX Convicts. A very intelligent writer below me,pointed to the fact that Buhari too was locked up,and to him I say,there is a difference between a Court of law,and a military tribunal.

James Onanefe Ibori. The truth of the matter is,save your money and live a very quiet life,as an attempt to get back into Politics again will see you face part 2 of Jail term in Nigeria.

There is no more money to loot,like it was in your Era. And honestly we in the APC Do not want a convicted criminal,to give our party a bad name.

James Ibori,you can join the ranks of your friends in the PDP like Omisore the accused Murderer of Bola Ige,or Kashamu that the Interpol is looking for to grab as a drug runner.

James when you reach Naija,chop Owoh soup and starch and then begin watch TV until your old age.

Joshus Dariye just joined your party with pomp and pageantry. He was welcomed by the National chairman of your party and others.

Can you tell me the difference between Ibori and Dariye? Can you point out the difference between Saraki, Tinubu, Aregbe, Rochas and Ibori? Ibori is just unfortunate, that's all. He is a thief and they are all thieves. Start thinking of how to make 5% from reporing these thieves to the appropriate authorities instead of wasting your life supporting them, when they don't care about you. They are big today because there are small people like you that support and are ready to die for them.

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by mfm04622: 10:05am On Dec 24, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

Egbon, You get point. But Prison is prison convicted or not.

It is not going to prison that matters, it is being convicted of a crime.

3 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Ovamboland(m): 10:08am On Dec 24, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

You called him a criminal. Are you a righteous person?

Just because he was exposed and convicted?

Hundreds of men who commits atrocities more than him are celebrated on the streets.
We all know all politicians are thieves.
He was punished because he put OBJ on his toes , because he was on the side of his people than supporting the government.

I am not a member of his family. I am not from his region. But I stand for the just cause.
I offers critical analysis to matter of public importance.

Ken Saro Wiwa and many others were silenced in the region for saying and vouched for the truth

So OBJ made Ibori launder stolen funds in UK, and effected his arrest in Dubai in 2010 three years after he left power. OBJ also purchased his London homes, cars and jet and planted it in Ibori's name.

With more Nigerians like you our failure as a nation is assured

4 Likes

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by ehikwe22: 10:10am On Dec 24, 2016
Victarion:
What a Ridiculous comment. Someone that embezzled State funds and enriched himself and his family, also got himself properties abroad. That's who you're refering to has having a good heart. Just like imagining Mexicans saying El Chapo has a good heart..
Ibori, just like every other naija politician, is a criminal. But there different kinds of criminals. Ibori made so much money before venturing into politics. He stole but some of those monies is not Delta States money. But he stole and he deserves what he got. But I still stand by my opinion of him being a good man. It's too difficult for someone to be a man of truth and a criminal but Ibori is straightforward person. Those who have had dealings with him will attest to this. I know what I'm talking about. I'm not in support of him running for any elective position because he's an ex convict.
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by 2shur: 10:12am On Dec 24, 2016
j. b

aka james ibori.
i greet sir
his excellency
our leader

but fhuck these lines men
fhuck you ibori
greedy thief
imagine a whole yo given limited access just only your aous.
you are a prisoner men
wtf
nobody cares abt you men
not even the whites
you are a dog
but a madder Dog
he still remains with pdp.
if apc with them dss and efcc crew try shiiit say arrest
men na multiple pipeline bombings from our militants.
yeah and u know wat dat means
no power..
more inflation
more dollar rising
and shiit
colapsed economy.

enuf is enuf of these cabals.
or same shit dat happened to alahmesiha or whatevea d Bleep d spelling of his name is..
akon..
convict music

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Agimor(m): 10:15am On Dec 24, 2016
zikter:
you may be saying the truth but not the fact. law works with facts and not truth. in case of ibori the facts were proved in court and therefore he is a convict. the law will never look at ibori and the likes of obj, tinubu etc as same. if you accuse me of slapping you, you may be saying the truth but need facts to prove I slap you before a judge. e.g are there finger marks, who witnessed the slap etc. that is how law works .
Bro please let's not talk about facts here. Our judicial system does not in any way rely on facts to prosecute politicians. If it does, with all the facts in the stable of EFCC what are they still waiting for to prosecute Sariki.
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:15am On Dec 24, 2016
sarrki:

My president is a man of integrity

Baba obasanjo is an elder statesman

I am a patriot

God bless Muhammadu Buhari

God bless Nigeria
hummmmmm guy sharrap...everybody get him own integrity..some for advocating recession,dictatorship,coup,deception,bigotry..some their own is to steal and be caught serve time wether they have been reformed is only them that know..but everyone deserves a second chance..you aren't a patriot you are just another lopsided brained slowpoke..because if you weren't I have no biz quoting you..but couldn't just overlook the moronic aspect of your life and the fact you want to make others here think you are otherwise..meanwhile the pics below is FOR you!

1 Share

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by cyrilamx(m): 10:18am On Dec 24, 2016
In 1995, Obj was jailed by the Sani Abacha military tribunal headed by Omenka for plotting to over throw the then military government of Gen Abacha. International community, human rights activists and even religious community all agreed it was a "phantom coup" to get at his perceived enemies. However, Obj and co were released by Abdusalami's military junta , 1998 and pardoned by same government which paved the way for obj's contesting.
In case of Mohammadu Buhari, he was never taken before any military tribunal or a constituted court for any crime. His case was a routine of jailing military rulers once they forced out of power by a military putsch. IBB only threw him into Benin prison for strategic /personal reason as the leader of just deposed government. He wa only released in 1988 once the IBB government was certain he wasn't a security threat to the government. Judging from these above scenario, while Obj could have passed as Ex-con, he was pardoned by the government he succeeded because he was adjudged to be a victim of a raging monster in power, but Buhari was a detainee and can never wear the tag of EX-con like our Niger-delta bros Ibori, who was fairly tried, found culpable n duly sentenced. It will take a presidential pardon from PMB or his successor for Ibori to find his political footings again. But all in all, I weep for our youths for queuing behind their nemesis. It is human factor, the Jews did it for a murderer like Barabbas, hence Nigerians re takin cue.
docjeph:
My broda, wat re u sayin? Is carrying out a coup d' etat against ur country not a criminal offence? Where lives re somtyms taken?
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by obailala(m): 10:18am On Dec 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
That means Buhari & Obasanjo are Ex-Clergy men I guess??
Are you sure you know the meaning of the word 'ex-convict'?

OBJ and Buhari are not ex-convicts, they were never imprisoned by any court.

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by EYIBLESSN(m): 10:19am On Dec 24, 2016
checkout50:
you are mature and intelligent, ibori have his flaws but that guy is a leader,it takes critical analysis to know that, he will rise again.

Hmmmm
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by Victarion(m): 10:19am On Dec 24, 2016
2shur:
j. b

aka james ibori.
i greet sir
his excellency
our leader

fhuck you ibori
greedy thief
you are a prisoner men
wtf
nobody cares abt you men
not even the whites
you are a dog
but a madder Dog
no power..
more inflation
more dollar rising
and shiit
colapsed economy.

or same shit dat happened to alahmesiha or whatevea d Bleep d spelling of his name is..
akon..
convict music
cheesy
2shur:
j. b

aka james ibori.
i greet sir
his excellency
our leader

fhuck you ibori
greedy thief
you are a prisoner men
wtf
nobody cares abt you men
not even the whites
you are a dog
but a madder Dog
no power..
more inflation
more dollar rising
and shiit
colapsed economy.

akon..
convict music
This guy just took specially made Xmas eve Weed for Breakfast

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by ehikwe22: 10:19am On Dec 24, 2016
Ovamboland:

So OBJ made Ibori launder stolen funds in UK, and effected his arrest in Dubai in 2010 three years after he left power. OBJ also purchased his London homes, cars and jet and planted it in Ibori's name.

With more Nigerians like you our failure as a nation is assured
OBJ didn't make him launder money but he helped in effecting his arrest. I was aware when the then EFCC collaborated with interpol to arrest Ibori. Ibori made too many enemies and Obasanjo was the biggest of them. He was the only governor who openly opposed OBJs 3rd term bid probably because he wanted to be president. But he also fought against many injustices when he was governor.
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by EYIBLESSN(m): 10:20am On Dec 24, 2016
Victarion:
what's this one saying undecidedwhat's this one saying

Reason Once again
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by EYIBLESSN(m): 10:20am On Dec 24, 2016
IYANGBALI:
people like you killed and buried this country cry

Thank you
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by ameh99: 10:21am On Dec 24, 2016
Now, dude you just reasoned from your ass....
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by EYIBLESSN(m): 10:21am On Dec 24, 2016
henryhemon:

With comments you wonder why Nigeria is where it is now. And folks like you will be shouting you want a better Nigeria..shameless youths.-

Your opinions Your Interest
Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by 2shur: 10:24am On Dec 24, 2016
bro we sit down everyday and watch dis midgets milk us dry.wft
ever imagined if it were the poor
he stayed in jail for just how many years
was it not this week an inmate died due to malnourishment and shiiit.
he died a poor man awaiting trial
i said dis shiit long time ago
fhuck nigeria.
join me up bro
lets light dah shiiit.
Victarion:
:DThis guy just took specially made Xmas eve Weed for Breakfast

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by slivertongue: 10:24am On Dec 24, 2016
sarrki:

Baba obasanjo & my president were tried by military

tribunal not a competent court of law .

Ibori remains Ex convict.

Nothing for him here

Weldone Sarrki!!!
for the first time you are focused on the point and you are right.

OBJ and GMB are military men and their constituency tried caging them thus their arrest, fathom trial and detention. There were no evidence to show that they committed the crimes they were accused of, above all they were not accused of theft but Ibori is a confirmed criminal. From what transpired in UK it shows he has been living the life of a criminal long before joining Abacha's gang and the PDP.

Yes Okwa is his from his ruling block but what made him has very little to do with ibori. if the former minister of finance did not play a silent role, if james manager and his kinsmen did not side the north, the central would have produced the governor. the intervention of GEJ changed things as Uduaghan dropped his senatorial ambition only for his gubernatorial candidate to loose courtesy of manager and co. his daughter victory maybe a compensation to him and not that he is in charge.

Ibori is been cajoled to venture into politics again in the believe that he still controls the ground troops and still has money. But he will meet his waterloo, Nigerians are wiser now. they now know that state resources and protection made ibori popular, and without these factors he is dead on arrival.

As an ex-convict he cant run for public office unless he overturns his conviction in a superior court that is if he was wrongly jailed but in his case he pleaded quilty so only presidential pardon will help him and i dont see that coming his way not even a PDP government will grant him pardon

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Our Choice For 2019 - Newtelegraphonline by zikter(m): 10:24am On Dec 24, 2016
Agimor:
Bro please let's not talk about facts here. Our judicial system does not in any way rely on facts to prosecute politicians. If it does, with all the facts in the stable of EFCC what are they still waiting for to protect Sariki.
you may still be right about Nigerian situation. but the norm worldwide is that, the law deals with fact and not truth. the person whose truth is turned to facts and convicted is a criminal and those whose truth have not been turned to facts are not. that is simply how it works in law.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Train Loan : ''withdraw Your Statement'' - Senate Lampoons Amaechi / I’ve Never Seen INEC Server, But Yakubu Says It Exists - Osita Chidoka / We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Northern Yoruba Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.