Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses (15899 Views)

Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France / Super Falcons Players Celebrating Argentina's Goal Against Scotland Yesterday. / ‘I Wish I Could Play For Nigeria’ – Fatau Dauda (ghana Black Stars Keeper) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by robosky02(m): 7:16am On Dec 24, 2016
Ghana’s Black Queens emulate Super Falcons protest for bonuses

Ghana’s Black Queens say they will march on the presidency if their outstanding bonuses are not settled by close of day on Friday as promised by the Minister of Youth and Sports.

The Queens staged a Super Falcons -like public protest on Thursday to scale up the pressure on the ministry on what they say are bonuses amounting up to $25,000.

Twenty-one members of the team that reached the semi-final of the Africa Women Championship gathered at the offices of the Ghana Football Association before marching on parliament, where they were denied access.

Carrying placards with inscriptions like ‘Honour Your Heroines’, ‘Don’t Discriminate’ and ‘Pay Us Our Money’, they then converged at the offices of the Ministry of Youth and Sports for an audience with sector minister Nii Lantei Vanderpujye.

The women stated the minister has promised to settle all the outstanding bonuses by Friday. “They say they would pay us before the holidays, so we are patient.

“If the promise is not honoured, then we would have no choice but to go to the president himself,” midfielder Samira Suleimana said.

Queens captain Elizabeth Addo said they were growing tired of the situation. “We gathered today because on Tuesday it would be ready. We simply want to be paid for what we have earned.”

The Black Queens say they are owed $25,000 that stretches back two years and covers their triumph at the 2015 All Africa Games, qualifiers for the Africa Women Championships and their participation in the competition in Cameroon.

The protest on Thursday was a culmination of agitation by the side that goes back two years. The Queens refused to leave their hotel in 2015 after returning from the All Africa Games until they were convinced to do so by President John Dramani Mahama.

The players say they hope the action on Thursday will mark the final chapter in the episode.

http://www.kwesesports.com/football/international/ghana-international/ghanas-black-queens-protest-bonuses/

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by Pluviophile(f): 7:22am On Dec 24, 2016
Issues
Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by Smellymouth: 7:39am On Dec 24, 2016
And their president elect dey Imo state dey form Indomie Ambassador..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4647646_bn_jpg2ab855eac5cb9d287d891c3befa94c0e

Some African politicians are just useless..

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by robosky02(m): 7:49am On Dec 24, 2016
Smellymouth:
Chaii

yea its a shame that in Africa you must protest or else you cant get your entitlements

9 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by thesicilian: 7:55am On Dec 24, 2016
There's something about Africa. I think the problem is the hot sun. Or the soil.

19 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by robosky02(m): 8:39am On Dec 24, 2016
thesicilian:
There's something about Africa. I think the problem is the hot sun. Or the soil.

so the hot sun affects their brain ni

ok ask those in govt if that also affect them when they need to collect their own salaries
Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by thesicilian: 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
robosky02:

so the hot sun affects their brain ni

ok ask those in govt if that also affect them when they need to collect their own salaries
I don't really know, and it's been bothering me. Why are we so backward in this continent and others are so advanced? Why would someone work so hard for his/her money and then you refuse to pay him/her, especially in this case when your salary is coming in due to the efforts of that person?
I have no other conclusion than the suspicion that it's the hot sun beaming down directly on our brains...

4 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by Padipadi(m): 12:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
Shameless African sports ministries & federations

2 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by admax(m): 12:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
When God dethroned Lucifer aka Satan including one third of his angels from heaven, it seems they landed first in Africa.

Dark continent, dark brain and dark leaders.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by aimuan(m): 12:59pm On Dec 24, 2016
Smellymouth:

nan president elect wan pay them?den no tell u say incumbent president dey?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by rawpadgin(m): 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2016
n
Smellymouth:

oboy Wetin concern president elect na

5 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by Moz22: 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
M
Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by Judolisco(m): 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
U can only emulate us now we use to pay our sportsmen b4 jst Dat bu lipsrsealed I have nothing to say
Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by phlio666(m): 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
I love africans we sabi owe gbese
Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by prinsam30: 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
Africa worry no more cos the reckoning day is near
Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by Drienzia: 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
Na wa o...
Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by mostyg(m): 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
I think the pride of wearing the National Jersey representing your country is enough. One could imagine countess efforts these girls put in to get the National shirt without thinking about monetary gain.
We place too much emphasis on monetary rewards.
The same attitude we display after getting a job we did all sorts of thing to get. We latter become the boss of our boss, complaining about everything.
Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2016
Really BLACK QUEENS...

AFRICAN LEADERS lack administrative acumen .

They lack WISDOM and Understanding.
It's obvious we can't BREASTFEED our people.
We need surrogate mothers as expatriates to AFRICA.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by nwosu35: 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2016

That Yam da heavy ooo, that's my man somebody should please do something

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by ireneony(f): 1:04pm On Dec 24, 2016
grin na all these de make other race say Africans ugly.
Thank God I'm from Nigeria cheesy
Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by Pavore9: 1:05pm On Dec 24, 2016
Na their incoming President go sort am outl
Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by ebuclassic18(m): 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2016
Smellymouth:

God wat is all this?

2 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2016
thesicilian:
The HEAT in New Zealand and some part of CHILE is more than that of AFRICA.

I think what happened was that , when DEVIL was driven from the heavens , he landed on earth.
Have we bothered to ask what part of earth he landed...?

Because the BIBLE says "woe unto that part of the earth that receiveth the devil"
For HEAVEN rejoice thee" for the devil has been driven away from the"

4 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by Ijaya123: 1:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
Smellymouth:

Is it the responsibility of the president-elect?

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by Realhommie(m): 1:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
Embarrassing..
Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by ToluNewman: 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
mostyg:
I think the pride of wearing the National Jersey representing your country is enough. One could imagine countess efforts these girls put in to get the National shirt without thinking about monetary gain.
We place too much emphasis on monetary rewards.
The same attitude we display after getting a job we did all sorts of thing to get. We latter become the boss of our boss, complaining about everything.

Really, henceforth the pride of doing a job should be enough for you. No more monetary gains

4 Likes

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by Rajahrosco(m): 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
How did you share your worry or topic on nairaland cos am new in the forum
Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by yedidiah(m): 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
see these ones; super falcon had the trophy yet see how long it took them to get the attention of those that matter
Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by safarigirl(f): 1:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
LOL...these ones better wait for Nana Akufo to take seat before going on any fruitless protest. Do they think an outgoing government that just lost election care about their 3rd-placed asses?

Make dem swerve abeg, Mahama no get time for their drama
Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by ritababe(f): 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
Ghana always copying naija

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by tbliss22(m): 1:31pm On Dec 24, 2016
admax:
When God dethroned Lucifer aka Satan including one third of his angels from heaven, it seems they landed first in Africa.

Dark continent, dark brain and dark leaders.

I'm just short of words!!! Like seriously what the hell is wrong with blacks? I do ask God most times why he directed my delivery in Nigeria via a black woman.

No wonder our best brains staying back in The United States and other developed countries all because this madness is just too alarming..

It's really going to be shameful if the upcoming generations take on this same crazy mentality to life.

We have destroyed it all in Africa, do we need another re-orientation??

In Nigeria, the rich getting richer with various connections. The poor are not allowed to get to various positions anymore on merit.

Our fresh graduates have no hope in securing employment anymore if they don't have one link or the other @ the upper class.

Our ladies are jumping on rich men not really for sexual satisfaction but to atleast survive even if these rich men treats them like harlots.

If you ask me, na who I go ask? Honestly many like me are already planning to leave this country for good come 2017!!!

1 Like

Re: Ghana’s Black Queens Emulate Super Falcons Protest For Bonuses by Just30: 1:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
ritababe:
Ghana always copying naija
have you taught of Nigeria being the copy cat, all the time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos From Final Training Of Super Eagles Ahead Of Today's Libya's Match / FIFA: Criminal Proceedings Against Infantino Launched In Switzerland / Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.