Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 (64133 Views)

Ubi Franklin With Mike, Mercy, BamBam And Ebuka At The Headies 2019 / Wizkid Snubs Eva Alordiah's Fiancé, Caesar, At The Headies 2016 (Video, Pics) / Falz And Adesua Etomi At The Headies 2016 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by Afam4eva(m): 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
FisifunKododada:

But was it really tribalism? Remember that it was a Yoruba man that gave Peter and Paul over 150 million naira for endorsement. Sometimes, the organizers don't believe your music is the best. Art is subjective. Its all about taste. I will tell you something. I don't like Psquare music (even though they are popular). And the reason is simply because I feel they just copied Usher Raymond's (an American) style - so if I can listen to the original why should I hear the photocopy? Meanwhile, Phyno, who I hardly understand a word of what he is singing, is one of my favorites because he is very ORIGINAL - an I dig his flow. Remember the same headies denied Olamide's (a hardcore Yoruba boy) YBNL many awards - is that also tribalism?
I really don't understand why you're explaining to me. I never said i agree with Psquare. And i don't now how Globacom endorsing them has anything to do with their comment about tribalism in Hip Hop awards. Are both concerns owned by one and the same person?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 25, 2016
Don't mind him
Charlesdock:
shut up jhor..... Why must you bring tribalism here again when we are trying to curb it out

1 Like

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by sade1994(f): 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
emperorchedda:
I believe I responded to your fellow Afam with the exact statement I ought to give you now, broaden your intellect. I could be a kid, you never can tell smiley but I'm a truth teller, detribalized (if that's a word), and very neutral.

Now dude do you know there are bunch of Yoruba people who weren't born before the war? Some were brought up in the east, some have igbo bloodline and some just don't care what tribe you belong to they just wanna be associated with you and what you have to offer.

The same goes to Igbos too. But if we keep hating on others because of the civil war in this 21st century where do you think we are progressing to. You see a yoruba a man today who has no hands in the civil war of 40 years bacl and feel like killing him because of the wickedness of Awolowo who he has never met, don't you think you are demented??

White and Black South Africans are living together today without so much hate (at least not public) but they were sworn enemies up until the early '90s

Even if due to the hate in some of my fellow igbos heart we can't move on from the civil war let's try not include tribalism in every single aspect of life!!! Today we igbos now despise Yorubas in the super eagles shocked it's just ridiculous!

You may have yoruba family like you claimed for all I care but they are not family yet till you stop looking at them as sworn enemies (even the innocent ones)

Grow up man!

Merry Christmas. Show love to somebody from another tribe today. Good night

Bros u be correct guy ooo

Infact u just earned my maximum respect with this your comment. .

Thanks for being you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
omofunaab:

Why are you giving this issue ethnic coloration?

That was how some of you were calling headies, Yoruba and afonja award ceremony , despite the fact that phyno, flavor, illbliss, patoranking won awards in different categories

I gat huge love for phyno though, even more than Olamide sef

bless you bro, even tho i love Olamide's music and his easy to relate kind of street yoruba lag swag but Phyno is pure talent, the dude is a genius in his own right, profucer good, artist good, creative and different and he is never scared to try something new, i am not ibo but much love and respect for phyno as an artiste.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
So saying "Thank you" is now a sign of arrogance The way some people think eeeh undecided

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by Postboiswag(m): 10:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
Afonjas hate phyno

1 Like

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by Godprotectigbo2(f): 10:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
FisifunKododada:

But was it really tribalism? Remember that it was a Yoruba man that gave Peter and Paul over 150 million naira for endorsement. Sometimes, the organizers don't believe your music is the best. Art is subjective. Its all about taste. I will tell you something. I don't like Psquare music (even though they are popular). And the reason is simply because I feel they just copied Usher Raymond's (an American) style - so if I can listen to the original why should I hear the photocopy? Meanwhile, Phyno, who I hardly understand a word of what he is singing, is one of my favorites because he is very ORIGINAL - an I dig his flow. Remember the same headies denied Olamide's (a hardcore Yoruba boy) YBNL many awards - is that also tribalism?

Wat are u even saying...do u kW how much globacom gains from psqaure....do u know any marketing strategy......u think endosersment na by family...no ...is about wat u have

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:

Don't MIND Dem bro.. I'm only blaming phyno for even coming to d award whe he should hav stayed back.. Coz most of the Yoruba musicians stayed back.
His embarrassment was well planned by d organizers.

ok, let's have a intellectual conversation, so the tens of hundreds of people from the head, organizers, camera crew, stage crew, media crew, the sponsors, they all planned to embarrass phyno? and this makes sense to you? lord have mercy, are you guys really adults here or just some teens because some comments on nairaland even my 18 year old cousin can't spew, he would think and ask himself ok, for what gain, an entire structure of award crew and all the people working to the award relevant would all at the same time want to embarrass phyno and after they do, what now? what would they have gained? you guys should stop embarrassing nigerians, they are people reading this forum from other countries from abroad and when you guys spew things like things without backing it up with any real sensible evidence or reason, it just mocks our intelligence level so to speak.

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by Godprotectigbo2(f): 11:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
Phyno I know is down to earth.....phyno can never humiliate anybody...

U can qoute me any where....phyno cannot humiliate anybody

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by modsRbastard: 11:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
Afam4eva:

I really don't understand why you're explaining to me. I never said i agree with Psquare. And i don't now how Globacom endorsing them have anything to do with their comment about tribalism in Hip Hop awards. Are both concerns owned by one and the same person?

this is the height of hypocrisy...
Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by moghulis: 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
pazienza:
I think it's time Igbo musicians respected themselves, and leave headies for Yorubas and their ilks.

P square snubbed headies for years after that 2008 display of shame by the Yoruba organizers, and they yet went from glory to glory.

For the naive Igbos here talking trash, Peter is married to a Yoruba woman, yet he cried of Yoruba tribalism in that 2008 version.

This country is messed up, it's better each tribe and region serve themselves.

They should all respect themselves and boycott that useless yoloba headache award.

Imagine Eric Ikechukwu Ahiazu, aka Eric Hassani with his wonderfully crafted song “gentleman” wasn't given any award. This is a musician whose kind is hard to come by. But since the very fabric of the award is dyed with tribalism, one shouldn't be surprised that he wasn't presented wif any award.
Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by Godprotectigbo2(f): 11:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
Any other artist can humiliate people
..but. Not phyno

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by FisifunKododada: 11:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
Afam4eva:

I really don't understand why you're explaining to me. I never said i agree with Psquare. And i don't now how Globacom endorsing them have anything to do with their comment about tribalism in Hip Hop awards. Are both concerns owned by one and the same person?
cheesy Forgive me for going in like that. But I wonder why psquare (who I expect to be more matured than your average ipob yoot) really believe (if they did) that they were denied because they are Igbos. One would expect some1 who have benefited so much from the Yorubas around them to be less willing to utilize the tribe card - which some people on this thread have used too carelessly in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
I don't even like his songs. I prefer Mr. Raw.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by FisifunKododada: 11:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
Godprotectigbo2:

Wat are u even saying...do u kW how much globacom gains from psqaure....do u know any marketing strategy......u think endosersment na by family...no ...is about wat u have

So you are saying if an Igbo artist wins an endorsement from a Yoruba man he deserves it. But if Headies does not give them an award its tribalism?
Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by Swahili0(f): 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
One thing I have to say here is everybody should respect himself to avoid this shame next tym please am begging especially to igbos
Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
I like all u typed but u should av excluded dt last part to make every thing neutral
Mcowubaba:

U are a kid and this is my last reply to you on this topic.

You're obviously ignorant that it was actually Nigeria vs Igbo (Biafra) some 40 years back, so yes it is always Nigeria vs Igbo, up till now.
How many Igbos did Buhari appoint?
When Oba of Lagos told Igbos to jump inside lagoon, which Igbo King has made such tribal statements undecided
Can't you see this administration is North and South West Vs Igbos undecided
U think everything is well in Nigeria.
You better be Politically conscious!!

Your type is not welcomed in the East, you are actually the person who is giving Igbos bad name, keep asslicking ur Yoruba friends, don't defend your tribe.

How many times have u seen a Yoruba person here reprimanding a Yoruba bigot here undecided, I'm here defending Igbos and you're talking shiit.
How old re you?

Na only get Yoruba friends.

I have Yoruba Cousins, nephews and other relatives through marriages undecided not just friends.
I know about Yoruba people to an extent. As I am typing this comment, it is a Yoruba woman (my brother's mother inlaw) that is cooking our night food. She is in the East with us for Christmas.
Don't tell me shiit, I love Yoruba people so much, I am not even remotely a tribalist or a bigot. Yoruba people are part of my family, how can I hate my family

Yours is just Yoruba friends.
BTW
I said hypocrisy or tribalism was the reason that Yoruba guy supported Olamide.

Hypocrisy or Tribalism, it's definitely one of them, but he started responding through the tribalistic part, so he left me no choice than to respond in a Tribal manner, this was the part you saw and you started fuming up and down about how stupid Igbos are and how angelic Yoruba people are.
Deluded fellow, occupation - Federal Ministry of Asss Licking, Mushin grin grin
Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
Afam4eva:

What has this secret you just revealed got to do with the topic at hand?

Some people just like irrelevant and senseless post, we are talking about A and B and he comes and starts talking about T and Q angry undecided
Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by FisifunKododada: 11:13pm On Dec 25, 2016
moghulis:

They should all respect themselves and boycott that useless yoloba headache award.

Imagine Eric Ikechukwu Ahiazu, aka Eric Hassani with his wonderfully crafted song “gentleman” wasn't given any award. This is a musician whose kind is hard to come by. But since the very fabric of the award is dyed with tribalism, one shouldn't be surprised that he wasn't presented wif any award.

Brymoh (the voice) did not win an award either. I can list many (very good imo) Yoruba artist who were not even nominated. Biko you have yet to prove tribalism is involved. Phyno, Ilbliss, Patoranking and Flavor did they not win awards? Did they win because they are Igbos?
Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by Swahili0(f): 11:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
If they can humiliate phyno DAT don't have problem with anybody like this ...I wonder wat will happen to others ....please every body should respect himself

1 Like

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by mariomakez(m): 11:19pm On Dec 25, 2016
rokiatu:
At least he said than you. What's wrong with people? Na wa oooh.
my dear go nd watch the video first u will understand
Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by Swahili0(f): 11:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
Somebody was here saying DAT phyno was arrogant ....can u imagine

1 Like

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by FisifunKododada: 11:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
cheesy I think the Igbos on this thread are right. And we Yorubas must apologize to them. Phyno, Ilbliss, Patoranking and Flavor won Headies awards because they Yoruba guys from Ogbomosho. Headies was wrong for not giving these awards to Igbos from Aba and Mbaise cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by FisifunKododada: 11:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
Swahili0:
Somebody was here saying DAT phyno was arrogant ....can u imagine

Yes - what he did was wrong. You have to be a professional.
Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by Smithcole70(m): 11:23pm On Dec 25, 2016
My single advice be sai make headies suspend this show for next year so that dem go rearrange.
My single advice tho
Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:24pm On Dec 25, 2016
pazienza:
P-SQUARE SAYS HIP HOP AWARD IS A SHAME
Psquare,one of Nigeria's most popular hip hop group have come out to describe their inability to pick an award at the
hip hop world award as a 'tribal' attack.The group were nominated in 5 different categories but ended up going home with nothing.
This afternoon, http://www.niyitabiti..com/ was at the home of the group and they voiced out their bitterness through Jude 'Engee'Okoye, their elder brother and manager. Jude said Ayo Animashun dissapointed them by making sure that only Yoruba won awards except for Ruggedman,Timaya and 2face Idibia.He alleged that 'Stylee' the song that won the best music video is a trash compared to the 'Do Me' video he did for Psquare.DJ TEE won the award because he shot it.He noted that DJ Tee is the technical director for the award and his wife is also a top official of HipTv, owned by the award organisers.In his words "That award should have been called Yoruba Hip Hop award"
He also alledged that Rugged Man's name was smuggled into the list at the last minute because the name was not on the original long list earlier published in newspapers or magazines.
Efforts to get the award organisers today proved abortive.An industry source who does want his name mentioned disclosed that Psquare should stop crying like babies.They should accept their fate, afterall in the past,they have carted home awards from the same HipHop World and nobody said they didn't deserve it.

www.nairaland.com/109967/list-nominees-hiphopworldawards-2008/2
P-square and their brothers Jude are crazy. When they bagged like 3 to 4 awards in the maiden edition for hiphop world award/headies they never tagged the award yoruba award. oh! why am I even wasting my time on them, the same brothers that stole a Ghanaian artiste song 'rokoto' after shoplifting it they came out with their useless 'bank alert'.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by FisifunKododada: 11:24pm On Dec 25, 2016
Swahili0:
If they can humiliate phyno DAT don't have problem with anybody like this ...I wonder wat will happen to others ....please every body should respect himself

Phyno is not above criticism - no one is. If people can criticize Obama, Obasanjo, Buhari, GEJ etc. tell me who is phyno that we cannot criticize?
Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by NnaNna4(m): 11:26pm On Dec 25, 2016
At least he is now trending in the media because of his attitude courtesy of you and I. And you will say the guy bleeped up.
Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by FisifunKododada: 11:26pm On Dec 25, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

P-square and their brothers Jude are crazy. When they bagged like 3 to 4 awards in the maiden edition for hiphop world award/headies they never tagged the award yoruba award. oh! why am I even wasting my time on them, the same brothers that stole a Ghanaian artiste song 'rokoto' after shoplifting it they came out with their useless 'bank alert'.

cheesy wow! Is the bolden a fact? That's shameful if it is - Psquare should know and do better. cheesy
Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by BabaIbo: 11:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
emperorchedda:

Nna okwa ima na oburo onye o'buna nwe ike kpa isi okwu?

Whether you think I'm from Ogun or Ogoni na you sabi but don't tag a neutral fellow a bigot just because your grand father that saw the civil war told you so

I was born and brought up in Lagos and made amazing Yoruba friends that my family now bond with theirs...people like you give igbo bad name and make detribalized yoruba folks think all igbos are against them, thereby making them put on their own tribal armour

The guy might have chosen to support Olamide instead of Phyno for other reasons apart from 'brother/tribe'

These days a yoruba man can't support another yoruba man against an Igbo man even though the youruba man did better, because igbo people will tag him tribal

Biko unu kusi udiri ihea

Even if you are from east, am very sure you have not traveled home for the past 5 - 10 years bro...
Back in school my landlord n landlady openly criticize me for being Igbo, Every tribe have good n bad people, you coming here to tell me yorubas don't give a Bleep about hate is a very big lie...
before u judge or call me names listen to these: I was born and brought in Yoruba land, had all my education here in yorubaland, have dated more Yoruba girls dan any other tribe, I am a business guy...

Igbos have good n bad people, Yorubas do too same with Hausa. so don't come here to say shits you don't know.

what that guy is saying is that when their people do something they don't condemn them but when it's another tribe they will be fast to judge which is applicable to most if not all humans

4 Likes

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by Swahili0(f): 11:28pm On Dec 25, 2016
FisifunKododada:
cheesy I think the Igbos on this thread are right. And we Yorubas must apologize to them. Phyno, Ilbliss, Patoranking and Flavor won Headies awards because they Yoruba guys from Ogbomosho. Headies was wrong for not giving these awards to Igbos from Aba and Mbaise cheesy

So u think because headies is organized by Yoruba's and then other people don't have say right, so because they nominated phyno and embarrassed him at d same time then u want other people to keep quiet for injustice.. Ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Booed At The Headies 2016 by princessayesha(f): 11:28pm On Dec 25, 2016
Haba grin phyno fino did not do anything wrong grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido Having Fun in Eto's House as he Rocks Eto's jersey in Cameroon (pics,Vid) / Odunlade Adekola In Class With His Coursemates In University Of Lagos (Photo) / Ini Edo's Outfit At Rita Dominic's Traditional Wedding (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.