Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed (70629 Views)

Female Pastor Ends Prayer As Member Asks For Anointing To Open Own Church / Plateau Killings: Pastor And His Wife Cry As His Church Was Burned Down / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Jostico: 9:24am On Dec 26, 2016
cry
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by lielbree: 9:24am On Dec 26, 2016
I used to help strangers a lot. If a noticed any needy person around me I would extend a helping hand without the person even asking. Until a widow who lives close to me son planned to kidnap me or my kids...

The attempt was foiled but the fear... my husband kept saying I don't mind my business, after all the widow never asked me for anything. But she was desperately poor with 7young kids. I couldn't just look away.

Dear Lord help us to be better Christians cry
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 26, 2016
Chai. Yahweh will be pleased.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Chikelue2000(m): 9:24am On Dec 26, 2016
Pastor it is what u sowed in them dat u r ripping
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by ajalawole(m): 9:24am On Dec 26, 2016
some pastors are yahoo yahoo when on the alter sha cheesy
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Bigajeff(m): 9:24am On Dec 26, 2016
na waOo
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by fortunechy(m): 9:25am On Dec 26, 2016
is a pity
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by dangotesmummy: 9:25am On Dec 26, 2016
That's the quality of Christians we have in Nigeria
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by tunjijones(m): 9:26am On Dec 26, 2016
Most churches are like that. Church members don't help each other. I went to a church some months ago. U won't blive that after close of church I begged 11 church members to help me in their car and none of them helped. They just zoomed off none of themneven have the courtesy of saying 'am not going ur way'. I wonder where the love Jesus teaches is?
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by preciouschizor(f): 9:26am On Dec 26, 2016
I've learned something new from this story! God, help me to be selfless in your service! Amen.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by lielbree: 9:27am On Dec 26, 2016
chiefolododo:
Shame on the members, all of them
Don't be so quick to judge. You most likely would have done same if you were there. It's a lesson for us all.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by seguno2: 9:27am On Dec 26, 2016
chiefolododo:

Including the pastor himself?
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Mekzyzeus(m): 9:28am On Dec 26, 2016
The congregation only practiced what they were taught now! Religion is the Opium of the masses!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 26, 2016
Nutase:
You can't blame them. The level of insecurity in the country makes it hard to trust a stranger now. lipsrsealed

Poor excuse.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:28am On Dec 26, 2016
sayitout1:
Even Onome despised the pastor cos she abi na him was also a part of the congregation.

Let me also correct that impression you have that the essence of Christmas is to take care of the poor. NO!!!

The scripture said "the poor you'll always have with you" eradicating poverty but we have the choice to make

Matthew 11:1-5

6And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
hold it there, it is only those negative part of the scripture that you people will see and meditate on! SMH.

this your kind of thinking is the reason why there is 99% oppressive squalor in the land.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by daneni1(m): 9:30am On Dec 26, 2016
Lord create in me a heart of love, so as to love my neighbor unconditionally.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by bravesoul247(m): 9:30am On Dec 26, 2016
Nawa oo.. meanwhile look at my signature
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 26, 2016
I thought they said invite someone you dont know now.... Who doesnt know the pastor

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 26, 2016
eezeribe:
I AM NOT SUPRISED.The Christianity practiced in Nigeria is not the one founded by Jesus christ;Rather it is the one founded by the respective General overseers and Bishops.A "religion" where a pastor has three private jets and people in his church have to trek to and fro for service because they can't pay their transport fare... That one is a club and not a church.
Most times after Sunday service, you would see people trooping out of their churches, singing hymns and holding bibles in their hands, but they won't even take notice of the beggars seated by the gate,Talk more of giving one naira...
The only things Nigerian churches teach and practice are paying of Tithe, sowing seed,Thanksgiving offering.
VURTUES SUCH AS HUMILITY, EMPATHY, FORGIVENESS, MEEKNESS, KINDNESS, etc have been deleted from the Teachings of Nigerian churches.
Even the pastor that disguised as a begger would still neglect a real begger when he comes across one,because he would be occupied with thinking of how much money to generate from Tithe.
I am a "christian" but RELIGION STILL REMAINS THE OPIUM OF THE MASSES

Well said bro

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 26, 2016
chiefolododo:

Shame On Who?
Members' Only Prartice What The Pastor Taught Them.
The Prosperity Gospel Has Killed What Matters Most In D Church.
Fellowship.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by MarshalABS: 9:32am On Dec 26, 2016
Marotzke:
Fallacy of hasty assumption. It did not happen in Nigeria.
Even when you saw the so called beggar dressed for the cold weather, your fixation on Nigeria still did not leave you . Haba!

Them swear for you? See ranting and foaming in the mouth?
when dey wrote 'a nigerian pastor', wat were u tinking DUMMY ?
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by seguno2: 9:33am On Dec 26, 2016
Agimor:
Most Christians in this part of the world are only giving mouth service to God.

MOUTH service ke?
For God?
Inside church?
Haba!!!
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by martineverest(m): 9:35am On Dec 26, 2016
that shows level of hypocrisy in chritendom

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by saintdennis(m): 9:36am On Dec 26, 2016
Invite a stranger to ur house, feed him/her well... then what next?

If u ain't gonna teach them how to fish then expect them to return as robbers
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by kingBenedict: 9:37am On Dec 26, 2016
Will the pastor have done the same if he was in their shoes.... I don't think so.... I don't think people wanna associate with beggars....it isn't really easy to be like Jesus in 2016....
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 26, 2016
lielbree:
I used to help strangers a lot. If a noticed any needy person around me I would extend a helping hand without the person even asking. Until a widow who lives close to me son planned to kidnap me or my kids...

The attempt was foiled but the fear... my husband kept saying I don't mind my business, after all the widow never asked me for anything. But she was desperately poor with 7young kids. I couldn't just look away.

Dear Lord help us to be better Christians cry

I helped like this too until my friends started planning, they didnt know my level of spirituality and didnt know i was haviing dreams seeing their thoughts and all of those... I almost died to cut the long story short, i was heading towards 4-5million in business i started in their presence when they got angry and fired all the africa magic arrows.. I endedd up wiith a reverse i ended owiing 5million in debt, had a crushed business iit has taken me 5 years to begin to break free from where i fell to.. Be careful guys.. These were my childhood friends for 17years and are ordained people.. Be careful guys
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by donmatin(m): 9:37am On Dec 26, 2016
Poverty is not a thing of the mind because God created them all and he shows mercy to those he wants to. David is a man after God's heart yet Solomon his son was far more wealthier than he was. What about Ahab a wicked king?was he not also very rich. Christ didn't come to eradicate poverty,he came to save us so that we might have an heavenly home which Abraham saw (John,Hebrews and many bible chapters support what I have said).If his goal was to eradicate poverty then we are hopeless and miserable because in this world no matter how rich you are or poor,you face one certainty which is death and judgement. In all,we must show the true character of God to both th rich and poor.
sayitout1:
Even Onome despised the pastor cos she abi na him was also a part of the congregation.

Let me also correct that impression you have that the essence of Christmas is to take care of the poor. NO!!!

The scripture said "the poor you'll always have with you" therefore as Christian (Christ-like mind, we should strive to care for the poor @ all time) but we can't eradicate the poor or proverty cos it's a thing of the mind.

Brother, Christmas/Christ came to ERADICATE poverty & not to take care of the poor cos it's the handy work of the devil.

Christ also gave solutions (e.g read Psalm 1 from vs 1 to the end) toward eradicating poverty but we have the choice to make

Matthew 11:1-5

1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities.

2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,

3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?

4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:

5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

6And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Revolva(m): 9:38am On Dec 26, 2016
you see even in the church ......no real love.....there ....church goers are just there to satisfy ther greedy and selfish attitude
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by pstjoga: 9:38am On Dec 26, 2016
I have carefully read the post of many of us. I want to state:
1. Heb 10:25, we need d gathering to encourage ourselves on our Christian journey.
2. You should not speak evil of any pastor because it amounts to judgment and only God has the deserve to judge them.
3. We live in a country where politicians with school certificate drive in a convoy of vehicles worth over 300 million naira and PhD holders trekking and jumping on bikes. Yet we want all church members to either fly a jet or drive a car like the pastor. Why are all Nigerians not living in Aso Villa after all its OUR money.
4. If you have posted negative comments about pastors in this thread I want to believe you worship in a shrine. Where speaking evil against dibia is tantamount to curses and death.
If you feel you are better, open your own church and show the other pastors how to do it.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by harmbhrosz(m): 9:40am On Dec 26, 2016
Chanchit:
truth be told, I won't also invite that man dresses like that cos only people on drugs dress like that in my area.
and those that do drugs don't need Christ right that they have to be rejected...

Your type is exactly those the pastor above meant by that concept
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by abfalkolly(m): 9:41am On Dec 26, 2016
chiefolododo:
You would have done the same .
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 26, 2016
eezeribe:
I AM NOT SUPRISED.The Christianity practiced in Nigeria is not the one founded by Jesus christ;Rather it is the one founded by the respective General overseers and Bishops.A "religion" where a pastor has three private jets and people in his church have to trek to and fro for service because they can't pay their transport fare... That one is a club and not a church.
Most times after Sunday service, you would see people trooping out of their churches, singing hymns and holding bibles in their hands, but they won't even take notice of the beggars seated by the gate,Talk more of giving one naira...
The only things Nigerian churches teach and practice are paying of Tithe, sowing seed,Thanksgiving offering.
VURTUES SUCH AS HUMILITY, EMPATHY, FORGIVENESS, MEEKNESS, KINDNESS, etc have been deleted from the Teachings of Nigerian churches.
Even the pastor that disguised as a begger would still neglect a real begger when he comes across one,because he would be occupied with thinking of how much money to generate from Tithe.
I am a "christian" but RELIGION STILL REMAINS THE OPIUM OF THE MASSES

On point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Pastor Victor Kanyari's Daughter Is Posting On Social Media / Bring TB. Joshua's Body Home For Burial - Ondo Youths Tell Family / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.