Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed (70632 Views)

Female Pastor Ends Prayer As Member Asks For Anointing To Open Own Church / Plateau Killings: Pastor And His Wife Cry As His Church Was Burned Down / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by An2elect2(f): 10:58am On Dec 26, 2016
eezeribe:
I AM NOT SUPRISED.The Christianity practiced in Nigeria is not the one founded by Jesus christ;Rather it is the one founded by the respective General overseers and Bishops.A "religion" where a pastor has three private jets and people in his church have to trek to and fro for service because they can't pay their transport fare... That one is a club and not a church.
Most times after Sunday service, you would see people trooping out of their churches, singing hymns and holding bibles in their hands, but they won't even take notice of the beggars seated by the gate,Talk more of giving one naira...
The only things Nigerian churches teach and practice are paying of Tithe, sowing seed,Thanksgiving offering.
VURTUES SUCH AS HUMILITY, EMPATHY, FORGIVENESS, MEEKNESS, KINDNESS, etc have been deleted from the Teachings of Nigerian churches.
Even the pastor that disguised as a begger would still neglect a real begger when he comes across one,because he would be occupied with thinking of how much money to generate from Tithe.
I am a "christian" but RELIGION STILL REMAINS THE OPIUM OF THE MASSES
Pls dear learn to differentiate.

There are generally two types of religions being practised today;
-The God-centred religion
and -The man-centred one.

When you say religion is the opium of the masses you are making a false statement because religion of itself cannot harm any man. It is the wrong practise of it that does

There is the right religion which saves men and establishes the knowledge of God in them. What you profess is a religion too and you will contradict yourself if you call its "surname" a sham

For example when men shift the focus of their Christian belief from God to something else, what you have left is idolatery which is false practise of religion. And the fruits this will bear would be disastrous.

Dont blame religion blame our deceitful hearts.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Chanchit: 11:01am On Dec 26, 2016
harmbhrosz:
and those that do drugs don't need Christ right that they have to be rejected...

Your type is exactly those the pastor above meant by that concept

I've seen what they are capable of, Invite them to ur house and they are coming back to loot ur sorry asss, if you want to behave like Christ just give them food on the street.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by ogologoamu: 11:04am On Dec 26, 2016
eezeribe:
I AM NOT SUPRISED.The Christianity practiced in Nigeria is not the one founded by Jesus christ;Rather it is the one founded by the respective General overseers and Bishops.A "religion" where a pastor has three private jets and people in his church have to trek to and fro for service because they can't pay their transport fare... That one is a club and not a church.
Most times after Sunday service, you would see people trooping out of their churches, singing hymns and holding bibles in their hands, but they won't even take notice of the beggars seated by the gate,Talk more of giving one naira...
The only things Nigerian churches teach and practice are paying of Tithe, sowing seed,Thanksgiving offering.
VURTUES SUCH AS HUMILITY, EMPATHY, FORGIVENESS, MEEKNESS, KINDNESS, etc have been deleted from the Teachings of Nigerian churches.
Even the pastor that disguised as a begger would still neglect a real begger when he comes across one,because he would be occupied with thinking of how much money to generate from Tithe.

If you are spiritual, you shouldn't blame the church members. The pastor is not a beggar, he was a pretender in the midst and got what he deserve.

LESSON:

If you are pretending to be serving God while you're not, on that day God won't recognise you.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 26, 2016
ramdris:
That simply means all the Pastor have been preaching was not worked upon....I think he should step up his game by talking more abt salvation and not cash...
oho, tell them ooo
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by vislabraye(m): 11:12am On Dec 26, 2016
eezeribe:

This stunt has been played before, probably in US. It's not a Nigerian thing.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 26, 2016
I give to beggars/needy before giving to pastors!
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Maximus85(m): 11:18am On Dec 26, 2016
ramdris:
That simply means all the Pastor have been preaching was not worked upon....I think he should step up his game by talking more abt salvation and not cash...

GBAAAAAAAAAM
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Paulscholari(m): 11:18am On Dec 26, 2016
I like that Man of God. His church is closer to my area, I have been there before, the atmosphere was great. I won't lie you, he is really doing alot at raising the church in God's standard, he encourages the youth alot, and the choir too are good. He once invited Pastor Adefarasin House on the rock church, Sammy okposo, Frank, Sabina etc to His church and they all came. The word of God is seasoned in that place. Thou am stil contemplating whether to join them fully or not cos I have another church in that area that I am looking at.

And what he did has also been done before in a church like that at the US. It's just a test of Faith. Many of us saying that the members this or that, would have done the same. Bringing in a total stranger into your home for celebration is a no no, some of us can't even invite our friend na stranger we go con invite.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Igbunu4: 11:27am On Dec 26, 2016
eezeribe:
Totally on point
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Eglobalma: 11:37am On Dec 26, 2016
Nutase:
You can't blame them. The level of insecurity in the country makes it hard to trust a stranger now. lipsrsealed

SHUT UR HOLE.. U BITCHES THAT CANT BE UNSHALLOW TO SAVE UR LIVES
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Eglobalma: 11:39am On Dec 26, 2016
sayitout1:
Even Onome despised the pastor cos she abi na him was also a part of the congregation.

Let me also correct that impression you have that the essence of Christmas is to take care of the poor. NO!!!

The scripture said "the poor you'll always have with you" therefore as Christian (Christ-like mind, we should strive to care for the poor @ all time) but we can't eradicate the poor or proverty cos it's a thing of the mind.

Brother, Christmas/Christ as part of what he came for was to ERADICATE poverty & not to take care of the poor cos it's the handy work of the devil.

Luke 4: 17-21
17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears

Christ also gave solutions (e.g read Psalm 1 from vs 1 to the end) toward eradicating poverty but we have the choice to make

Matthew 11:1-5

1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities.

2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,

3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?

4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:

5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

6And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

U WOULDNT WRITE THIS POO IF U WERE VERY POOR, CUZ OF SMALL CHANGE U PEOPLE HAVE LOST UR HUMANITY. SHAME ON U
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by adrusa: 11:39am On Dec 26, 2016
chiefolododo:
Shame on the members, all of them

No, shame on the Pastor. He hasn't been imparting the right values on his congregation.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Agimor(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2016
seguno2:

MOUTH service ke?
For God?
Inside church?
Haba!!!
Spoilt mind..
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by seguno2: 11:57am On Dec 26, 2016
Agimor:
Spoilt mind..

Me or the poster that I quoted?
Better say what you mean carefully to avoid confusion.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by indomitable234: 11:59am On Dec 26, 2016
Paulscholari:
I like that Man of God. His church is closer to my area, I have been there before, the atmosphere was great. I won't lie you, he is really doing alot at raising the church in God's standard, he encourages the youth alot, and the choir too are good. He once invited Pastor Adefarasin House on the rock church, Sammy okposo, Frank, Sabina etc to His church and they all came. The word of God is seasoned in that place. Thou am stil contemplating whether to join them fully or not cos I have another church in that area that I am looking at.

And what he did has also been done before in a church like that at the US. It's just a test of Faith. Many of us saying that the members this or that, would have done the same. Bringing in a total stranger into your home for celebration is a no no, some of us can't even invite our friend na stranger we go con invite.
this is a church that truly inspires the youth using Godly principles to teach the youth
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Ehinmola(m): 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2016
Iam not suprise about this development. Not all that worship God can demostrate the true love of God. Many are called, few are chosen.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by komekn(m): 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2016
dorry62:
So touching.

You should ask urself if you'd had done same before shaming the members.
And i ain't excusing their behaviour.We always quick in condeming others.

YES I HAVE, there are some who are Christians who live the entirety of thier Christian experience in the church from one event or seminar or meeting to another.

Being in fellowship with Church is not necessarily fellowship with God. making your G.O., pastor. Prophet, Bishop, etc a living Idol is actually iniquity before God.

We have a programme in the UK called secret millionaire. One Sunday a dishevelled looking Irish man came into our overwhelming Nigerian dominated church. I went over to him welcomed him and shared with him but did not invite him to have Sunday lunch. I was too busy with various meetings in Church. However, I was the only person in the whole church that talked to him none of the church leadership or even church members, he was totally ignored.

The next Sunday he went to another church, where he was welcomed by the whole church and a couple invited him to share thier family Sunday lunch. They were not rich with abundance but gave of the little they had. Three weeks later this guy revealed who he was a Multi- Millionaire and bought the caring couple a new house.

It was not an African orientated church
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by niggi4life(m): 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2016
so sad
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by stmatt4christ(m): 12:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
My pastor and Teacher.Always amazing... I love dis man of God sha TKH ogba
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by VajanahDischaj(f): 12:56pm On Dec 26, 2016
ramdris:
...and how do u know he has been talking about cash?
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by GGirll: 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2016
Everything in this world is vanity, the only one thing God desire of you is to love God, keep His commandments and LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF BE IT A DESTITUTE OR A RICH FELLOW............
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Tobycharles: 1:19pm On Dec 26, 2016
D gesture is worth a sermon... Cos Christianity of today laid on status quo of familiarity n worldly benefits
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 26, 2016
He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone.

#selah

chiefolododo:
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by brojoshua: 2:26pm On Dec 26, 2016
First this showed that he has built a lie and false church, and a business centre, which he called a church. And two it also takes a false pastor to build a false church.
So let him believe in God through Christ His Son and the Lord and the Saviour of the world, and God will truly save him and he will then know what the true church of Christ is apart from what people are founding and building and are called churches, and then let him break his water pot-speaking in parable, that which he calls a church. And if he believes then let him go and join another true believer or congregation of two or three or more true brethren anywhere that they may gather in two or three or more and serve the Lord Jesus in truth and spirit.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 26, 2016
ramdris:
How do you know he talks more of cash than salvation?
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by tiwiex(m): 3:05pm On Dec 26, 2016
ramdris:

Hmm maybe. Do we generalize that this is the situation in most places?,At least he took time to find out.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Alhkerimu(m): 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
eezeribe:
My God bless you for this wonderful passage.
Pls kindly forward me your bank detail your deserve compensation.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by olagbemi118(m): 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2016
chiefolododo:
no...shame on the pastor. He didn't do his job well
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 26, 2016
brojoshua:
First this showed that he has built a lie and false church, and a business centre, which he called a church. And two it also takes a false pastor to build a false church.
So let him believe in God through Christ His Son and the Lord and the Saviour of the world, and God will truly save him and he will then know what the true church of Christ is apart from what people are founding and building and are called churches, and then let him break his water pot-speaking in parable, that which he calls a church. And if he believes then let him go and join another true believer or congregation of two or three or more true brethren anywhere that they may gather in two or three or more and serve the Lord Jesus in truth and spirit.

If you don't have anything nice to say, why can't you just zip it, Pastor Lawrence Onochie whom I know from close quarters is not only real but has exhibited all the fruits of the spirit. The testimonies that abound in the church will overwhelm you, it is the next big thing in the Christendom. I can only invite you to the church and come and give your life a meaning. Don't hate or judge what you don't know. I tagged THE KING'S HERITAGE the church of the firsts, in a year several firsts happened in my own life. You should join TKh and be saved indeed.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by indomitable234: 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2016
The kings Heritage a church where miracle signs and wonders abound....we are unstoppable
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by iluvdonjazzy: 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2016
ibolomo:
and does the bible not teach that you should not neglect fellowship with Christians?

Hebrews 10:25
not giving up meeting together, as some are
in the habit of doing, but encouraging one
another--and all the more as you see the
Day approaching.
where two or three are gathered together in my name, i shall be in their midst, halleluiah, the LORD is always in our midst when me, my family and my friends are gathered together in d LORD.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by indomitable234: 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2016
Paulscholari:

you are welcome to worship with us sundays 8am-9:30am and 9:30am -11am and wednesday 6:30pm -8pm we are unstoppable

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Pastor Victor Kanyari's Daughter Is Posting On Social Media / Bring TB. Joshua's Body Home For Burial - Ondo Youths Tell Family / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.