Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed (70631 Views)

Female Pastor Ends Prayer As Member Asks For Anointing To Open Own Church / Plateau Killings: Pastor And His Wife Cry As His Church Was Burned Down / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Elle277(f): 9:42am On Dec 26, 2016
Ewehhh oh, God have mercy on us all!!
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by boxypane(m): 9:43am On Dec 26, 2016
By there fruits, you shall know them. that church is a place to be. let the truth of life and ppl be spoken.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Buharimustgo: 9:43am On Dec 26, 2016
As Elder James E. Talmage once wrote: “Religion without morality, professions of godliness without charity, church-membership without adequate responsibility as to individual conduct in daily life, are but as sounding brass and tinkling cymbals. …

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by datjohn(m): 9:44am On Dec 26, 2016
Sometimes dese preachers need to take dia time to perform a practical "faith evaluation" on dia congregation frm time to time.

It not all about teaching at d time without an examination to test d level of practical believe upon dose u preach to.

Dis, shud inform him of d area he needs to harmer upon in his ministrations to his flock.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by seguno2: 9:44am On Dec 26, 2016
kingBenedict:
Will the pastor have done the same if he was their shoes.... I don't think so.... I don't think people wanna associate with beggars....it isn't really easy to be like Jesus in 2016....

When was it easy to be like Jesus?
Was it when Apostles were being jailed, killed by stoning and hung upside down on the cross?
Was it when missionaries traveled to mosquito infested Africa to give us western education and tell us to stop killing twins like Mary Slessor did?
Again I ask, when was it easy to be like Jesus ?

BTW, are you sure that you are a Christian i.e. like Christ as they were first called in Antioch of Pisida?
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 26, 2016
Sorry excuse me guys, i have got a question.

Does being a beggar also associated with dirty outfits. How about washing the only one u got?

Because i detest dirty things a lot so even if i got the kind heart to take u to roll with me, if u don't look neat am sorry i cannot help u.
While growing up, i remember having just one cloth for a whole year even if i didn’t beg for anything. But i wash it and clean it up
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:46am On Dec 26, 2016
supersystemsng:

I helped like this too until my friends started planning, they didnt know my level of spirituality and didnt know i was haviing dreams seeing their thoughts and all of those... I almost died to cut the long story short, i was heading towards 4-5million in business i started in their presence when they got angry and fired all the africa magic arrows.. I endedd up wiith a reverse i ended owiing 5million in debt, had a crushed business iit has taken me 5 years to begin to break free from where i fell to.. Be careful guys.. These were my childhood friends for 17years and are ordained people.. Be careful guys
bros sorry about, thank God you overcame. next time don't ever give in to complacency, always maintain a culture of hard work and continuous improvement.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by lielbree: 9:49am On Dec 26, 2016
supersystemsng:

I helped like this too until my friends started planning, they didnt know my level of spirituality and didnt know i was haviing dreams seeing their thoughts and all of those... I almost died to cut the long story short, i was heading towards 4-5million in business i started in their presence when they got angry and fired all the africa magic arrows.. I endedd up wiith a reverse i ended owiing 5million in debt, had a crushed business iit has taken me 5 years to begin to break free from where i fell to.. Be careful guys.. These were my childhood friends for 17years and are ordained people.. Be careful guys
Imagine! God will rebuild your business and if you 100 fold of what you lost and they will see it with there eyes that God is lifting you. Just keep your good heart. Be careful but don't stop being charitable. Your blessings are tied to charity. It's not easy trying to help people in this part of the world
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by babyfaceafrica: 9:53am On Dec 26, 2016
correctguy0900:
Sorry excuse me guys, i have got a question.

Does being a beggar also associated with dirty outfits. How about washing the only one u got?

Because i detest dirty things a lot so even if i got the kind heart to take u to roll with me, if u don't look neat am sorry i cannot help u.
While growing up, i remember having just one cloth for a whole year even if i didn’t beg for anything. But i wash it and clean it up
dirty is relative bro...and what the pastor wore is not that bad,I have seen worse!!..
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Orikinla1: 9:53am On Dec 26, 2016
99% of church goers in Nigerian are not true Christians.
They are simply playing Church.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by gagewonda(m): 9:53am On Dec 26, 2016
eezeribe:
I AM NOT SUPRISED.The Christianity practiced in Nigeria is not the one founded by Jesus christ;Rather it is the one founded by the respective General overseers and Bishops.A "religion" where a pastor has three private jets and people in his church have to trek to and fro for service because they can't pay their transport fare... That one is a club and not a church.
Most times after Sunday service, you would see people trooping out of their churches, singing hymns and holding bibles in their hands, but they won't even take notice of the beggars seated by the gate,Talk more of giving one naira...
The only things Nigerian churches teach and practice are paying of Tithe, sowing seed,Thanksgiving offering.
VURTUES SUCH AS HUMILITY, EMPATHY, FORGIVENESS, MEEKNESS, KINDNESS, etc have been deleted from the Teachings of Nigerian churches.
Even the pastor that disguised as a begger would still neglect a real begger when he comes across one,because he would be occupied with thinking of how much money to generate from Tithe.
I am a "christian" but RELIGION STILL REMAINS THE OPIUM OF THE MASSES
apart from flying private jets dey also build schools wit outrageous fees to milk d people.....even in d offices, dey kill der colleagues for money,position nd power...that isn't wat christianity shld be...we hav church goers nd church fun seekers (dancing nd merry makers club) dan christians in nigeria
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by doubtingthomas(m): 9:55am On Dec 26, 2016
Sorry, may I ask, are you a member of that church? If not, how did you arrive at your conclusion that the pastor had not been teaching them the act of giving? Don't teachers only give tests after teaching? Why would a pastor give his congregation a test on a subject he never taught? Do you know how many members of churches fail to pay tithes in spite of all the teachings on that subject which you claim pastors concentrate on? I am not a pastor. My dear, learn to base your comments on facts at your disposal per time.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by bettercreature(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2016
ajbf:
Haa!
He has a lot of work (preaching) to do. Nowadays, people prefer to give tithe to their "church" than to help the needy and poor into the society and even in the church.
Early church and Christ did not preach tithe oooooioi
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:57am On Dec 26, 2016
Chanchit:
truth be told, I won't also invite that man dresses like that cos only people on drugs dress like that in my area.

In other words, you CANNOT help a drug addict...if you can't preach the word and help someone get out of addiction by sharing the gospel of Christ with a stranger then of what purpose is it that you are called a Christian?

This message is from the spirit of God to you...search your heart and make amendments to that which is taking you far away from God.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Syjibrin(f): 9:59am On Dec 26, 2016
Nutase:
You can't blame them. The level of insecurity in the country makes it hard to trust a stranger now. lipsrsealed
let us call a spade its name a spade when there was security how far have they gone with the beggars? now that you are using insecurity as an excuse
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 26, 2016
A lesson for us all,I probably would have done same if I was there, this calls for soul searching, and ask yourself, would you have acted differently of you were among that congregation?
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by efficiencie(m): 10:06am On Dec 26, 2016
chiefolododo:
Shame on the members, all of them

I will not blame the members for their actions...People become what they hear and do. If they had been hearing messages on love, sharing, caring and sacrifice and they were led to practice these by the Pastor (who is supposed to be a shepherd of the church) they would not have done what they did! It is a pity that this is happening.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by ibolomo(m): 10:07am On Dec 26, 2016
iluvdonjazzy:
i said it, going to church does not make one a christian but a CHURCH GOER, just do what the bible teaches u will make heaven
and does the bible not teach that you should not neglect fellowship with Christians?

Hebrews 10:25
not giving up meeting together, as some are
in the habit of doing, but encouraging one
another--and all the more as you see the
Day approaching.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by DavidEsq(m): 10:09am On Dec 26, 2016
Call me all the dirty names u can find in the Bible or anywr else or find me guilty of terrible sins, but u wld never find me guilty of hypocrisy; it's d greatest sin as far as I'm concerned, cos the Bible says love is the greatest gift of the spirit
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 26, 2016
VeeVeeMyLuv:

bros sorry about, thank God you overcame. next time don't ever give in to complacency, always maintain a culture of hard work and continuous improvement.

That's the foundation of our problems iin life. When on-lookers see you working hard and achieving success then you begin to get troubles. WHne you don't have they say you are too reliant on them, when you give them, they say why is it only you, why must you be the one giving them all the time.. May God help us... I'm still recovering, the shock of seeing abundace and reducing to naught ate all my flesh coupledd with the thinking from this and that, legal issues here and there. God help us... I will still help people but not like i used to anymore, now my friends are just online buddies and people who dont maintain physical contact, i can't risk it again
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 26, 2016
For the 1st time I have seen a PENTECOSTAL PASTOR that has common Christian sense.

Well done Sir.
It's good to also be at the other side and know how u have affected people's lives...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 26, 2016
Orikinla1:
99% of church goers in Nigerian are not true Christians.
They are simply playing Church.

Atleast quote your source which such an heavy assertion, abeg even Elijah bragged about how only he was rrighteous but was shocked. if you imply 99% are fake then i must believe you're the exception, in which case you must so good others are just damn bad ass
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by stanvesco(m): 10:19am On Dec 26, 2016
ramdris:
That simply means all the Pastor have been preaching was not worked upon....I think he should step up his game by talking more abt salvation and not cash...

my dear
gonna d days dat such openness can be shown... u try am.... u carry thief go house..... beggar come house ko..... stranger stay road ni.....
with the insecurity in the country.....
why didn't fellow pastors pick him
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by viktohmarkz(m): 10:19am On Dec 26, 2016
the Christianity we preach... I don't blame the members one bit,you can't do what you ain't taught.

Mr pastor shame on you,you've failed to teach the necessary things about the kingdom of God "LOVE"
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Itzurboi(m): 10:21am On Dec 26, 2016
Many people keep blaming the pastor that he didnt do his homework well..... My dear brethren, even the classwork Jesus Christ did, is it reflecting in your life??... Must it be a pastor that would teach you how to be human??, Are you that naive not to know what is right?? Did the pastor teach you how to spend for your girlfriends/boyfriends??.... My dear, wake up, its a personal race, and stop blaming the man

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by indomitable234: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2016
ramdris:
That simply means all the Pastor have been preaching was not worked upon....I think he should step up his game by talking more abt salvation and not cash...
its not about what the pastor has been preaching not working ita about our tendencies as men to be welcoming to those who will feel we can benefit from,no one saw him as someone they can benefit from that was why he wasnt duly recognized,i bey of u where part of the congregation you will do worse
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by indomitable234: 10:33am On Dec 26, 2016
efficiencie:

I will not blame the members for their actions...People become what they hear and do. If they had been hearing messages on love, sharing, caring and sacrifice and they were led to practice these by the Pastor (who is supposed to be a shepherd of the church) they would not have done what they did! It is a pity that this is happening.
where you thought how to spend on your girlfriends
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Originalsly: 10:35am On Dec 26, 2016
eezeribe:
I AM NOT SUPRISED.The Christianity practiced in Nigeria is not the one founded by Jesus christ;Rather it is the one founded by the respective General overseers and Bishops.A "religion" where a pastor has three private jets and people in his church have to trek to and fro for service because they can't pay their transport fare... That one is a club and not a church.
Most times after Sunday service, you would see people trooping out of their churches, singing hymns and holding bibles in their hands, but they won't even take notice of the beggars seated by the gate,Talk more of giving one naira...
The only things Nigerian churches teach and practice are paying of Tithe, sowing seed,Thanksgiving offering.
VURTUES SUCH AS HUMILITY, EMPATHY, FORGIVENESS, MEEKNESS, KINDNESS, etc have been deleted from the Teachings of Nigerian churches.
Even the pastor that disguised as a begger would still neglect a real begger when he comes across one,because he would be occupied with thinking of how much money to generate from Tithe.
I am a "christian" but RELIGION STILL REMAINS THE OPIUM OF THE MASSES
The way the pastor dressed.... with winter coat and gloves... wool hat and boots... and you think this all happened in Nigeria?...which State is experiencing winter? .... and which one of the prosperity pastors would can ever humble himself to dress like a beggar? "Actions speak louder than words".... most likely the pastor been preaching about helping the poor... and now wanted to see if the members were accepting his message or just giving lip service by shouting Amen. Good job.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by indomitable234: 10:36am On Dec 26, 2016
datjohn:

Sometimes dese preachers need to take dia time to perform a practical "faith evaluation" on dia congregation frm time to time.

It not all about teaching at d time without an examination to test d level of practical believe upon dose u preach to.

Dis, shud inform him of d area he needs to harmer upon in his ministrations to his flock.
this is more like an examination so see if what he has been preaching is really sinking in
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by Yannny: 10:40am On Dec 26, 2016
Hmmm, Similar to the good Samaritan story.
Re: Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed by ogologoamu: 10:55am On Dec 26, 2016
chiefolododo:
Shame on the members, all of them

He wasn't real, so the Holy Spirit may or may not minister to any one to attend to him. You should understand the things of the Spirit. The plight or condition of the beggar is what moves the hand of God in touching the minds of givers to attend to him or her. Just like me, I'm not a careless giver, if I'm not led, l don't give.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Pastor Victor Kanyari's Daughter Is Posting On Social Media / Bring TB. Joshua's Body Home For Burial - Ondo Youths Tell Family / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.