Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,578 members, 7,865,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:31 PM

Delta (and Rivers) Igbos - Culture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta (and Rivers) Igbos (59469 Views)

If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo / Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Curlieweed: 10:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
Cire80:
in as much as you tried to make sense, you sound so pained. I can't talk for the rivers folks but which people are as cultured, civilized, intelligent, brave, educated, politically connected or have more professionals than my Anioma people? Tell me who the swine is? The cave dwelling human eating dirty Igbo? Yes. Definitely

1. I am not "pained", whatever the fckk that means.
2. Giving " pearls to swine" is idiomatic and doesn't connote actual swine. Although, if one had to explain that simple expression then it may be rather foolhardy attempting to educate you.
3. Regarding your statement about the accomplishment of Anioma, it would appear that a) some Anioma are proud Igbo and b) you don't have any data or statistics to back your vague assertions.
4. I don't know of any Igbos that live in caves and the archeological evidence is that the basic elements for civilization in this part of the world, (working with metals, agriculture and organized societies) were first found in Igboland.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 10:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
Curlieweed:

1. I am not "pained", whatever the fckk that means.
2. Giving " pearls to swine" is idiomatic and doesn't connote actual swine. Although, if one had to explain that simple expression then it may be rather foolhardy attempting to educate you.
3. Regarding your statement about the accomplishment of Anioma, it would appear that a) some Anioma are proud Igbo and b) you don't have any data or statistics to back your vague assertions.
4. I don't know of any Igbos that live in caves and the archeological evidence is that the basic elements for civilization in this part of the world, (working with metals, agriculture and organized societies) were first found in Igboland.
educate your ignorance first. Don't make an idiomatic expression if you don't know the meaning. You just made yourself sound like an idiot
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Curlieweed: 11:30pm On Mar 14, 2017
Cire80:
educate your ignorance first. Don't make an idiomatic expression if you don't know the meaning. You just made yourself sound like an idiot

Tsk. tsk tsk. We are getting a bit short tempered, ain't we. You need to control yourself. Stop the name calling and admit that you launched into your tirade thinking your people were called swine. If there is any idiot here, it's definitely not me.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
Curlieweed:

Tsk. tsk tsk. We are getting a bit short tempered, ain't we. You need to control yourself. Stop the name calling and admit that you launched into your tirade thinking your people were called swine. If there is any idiot here, it's definitely not me.
Don't give him the attention he is craving, nor try to educate his lousy ass. Trying to start dick measurement between Anioma and Igbo.... same old trick that ain't working no more. He is no more speaking for his Ika clan, as he claims, if at all he is from Ika. I suspect that dude is an old hag from Edo. Na me fit am. Old firewood we no wan rest. Everybody know that Anioma is Igbo, and vice versa. So a successful Anioma son is a successful Igboman. The old hag niga can hug a transformer. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 14, 2017
One of their cheerleader is here already. Oya, come begin yab mouth cheesy Resident stalker tongue
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Probz(m): 3:09am On Mar 15, 2017
Na only me or does anyone else think blues2022 and laudete are the same troll?
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Igboid: 9:03am On Mar 15, 2017
Probz:

You are on your own. Strictly on your own.
Blue2022 is a veteran Igbo poster here. The later is a shameless afonja man, hiding under anonymous ethnicity to spread his Igbophobia everywhere.

There is no similarity between life and death.

4 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Eke40seven(m): 9:37am On Mar 15, 2017
Probz:
No, Ciro80 and Favour 99. Same Edo person quoting himself back and forth.

2 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Probz(m): 9:53am On Mar 15, 2017
I thought I saw similarities in posting style. My bad blues.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 11:42am On Mar 15, 2017
Eke40seven:

No, Ciro80 and Favour 99. Same Edo person quoting himself back and forth.
When would you develop some sense?
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 11:46am On Mar 15, 2017
blues2022:

Don't give him the attention he is craving, nor try to educate his lousy ass. Trying to start dick measurement between Anioma and Igbo.... same old trick that ain't working no more. He is no more speaking for his Ika clan, as he claims, if at all he is from Ika. I suspect that dude is an old hag from Edo. Na me fit am. Old firewood we no wan rest. Everybody know that Anioma is Igbo, and vice versa. So a successful Anioma son is a successful Igboman. The old hag niga can hug a transformer. cheesy
I speak for Ika when I like. I speak for Anioma when I like. I'm Ika and that makes me Anioma. Ika is highly blessed with great men and women so also the whole Anioma. Read and understand what brought about the comparison. I know you guys only understand what your brain is configured to understand
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 11:48am On Mar 15, 2017
Curlieweed:

Well, I know you have a right to hype your ethnicity and I'm not against that. But don't do it at the detriment of others. quoting a biblical idiomatic expression talking about dogs and swines is offensive. I don't need a soothsayer to tell me you were referring to my people in that comment. Do you know such expression is susceptible to many different interpretations?
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by laudate: 1:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
Probz:

Who are you calling a troll? Are you normal?? Why do myopic twerps like you just throw out silly comments without thinking?? shocked What on earth gives you the impression that I am blues2022? We have absolutely nothing in common. Guy, I fit borrow you my contact lens make you take check am, o!

You and that dimwit that keeps calling everyone an Afonja, belong in the same daft pool!

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Ngozi123(f): 1:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
Probz:

No, one is a great poster who actually contributes to threads whilst the other is an obsessive Igbo stalker. It's very obvious to anyone who's been here longer than a month.

5 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by laudate: 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
Wow! That person above me is in so much pain! shocked

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Ngozi123(f): 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cire80:
I speak for Ika when I like. I speak for Anioma when I like. I'm Ika and that makes me Anioma. Ika is highly blessed with great men and women so also the whole Anioma. Read and understand what brought about the comparison. I know you guys only understand what your brain is configured to understand

You shouldn't speak for the whole of Anioma when you're only from one section of it. My grandmother was from a well known family in what is now Ndokwa East and she was a proud Igbo woman- is her opinion less relevant than yours? Likewise, my people are more related to some of the Enuani speaking communities than some Ika communities are, does that give me the right to speak for them more than an Ika person?

4 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Ngozi123(f): 1:33pm On Mar 15, 2017
laudate:
Wow! That person above me is in so much pain! shocked

I'll take your bait, troll.

It's no surprise to anyone here that you're obsessed with Igbo people and will continue to spit your bile in every Igbo-related thread. Most of us here have just accepted you as a (un)necessary irritant in our discussions about Igbo issues- you're a part of the furniture here- so we'll just leave it there.

Good day smiley.

7 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by laudate: 1:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
Ngozi123:
I'll take your bait, troll.

It's no surprise to anyone here that you're obsessed with Igbo people and will continue to spit your bile in every Igbo-related thread. Most of us here have just accepted you as a (un)necessary irritant in our discussions about Igbo issues- you're a part of the furniture here- so we'll just leave it there.

Good day smiley.

Eeyah...you are still hurt??! cheesy You are such a drama queen!

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Ngozi123(f): 1:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
laudate:

Eeyah...you are still hurt??! cheesy You are such a drama queen!

If you have nothing constructive to say then perhaps you shouldn't say anything at all. I thought that you were supposed to be an intelligent poster?

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by laudate: 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2017
Ngozi123:
If you have nothing constructive to say then perhaps you shouldn't say anything at all. I thought that you were supposed to be an intelligent poster?

You tell me. cheesy Aren't you the one that has been describing me, using different words that come into your head??

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Ngozi123(f): 1:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
laudate:

You tell me. cheesy Aren't you the one that has been describing me, using different words that come into your head??

Yes, that is the general method for describing things; you use words- preferably different ones- that come into your head to qualify the noun you want to describe. You should have learned this when you were 5yrs old. Sorry for that undecided.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Probz(m): 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
My bad for lumping you in with troll laudete, blues. I thought I saw vague similarities in posting style but then I ain't been here too long.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Curlieweed: 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cire80:
Well, I know you have a right to hype your ethnicity and I'm not against that. But don't do it at the detriment of others. quoting a biblical idiomatic expression talking about dogs and swines is offensive. I don't need a soothsayer to tell me you were referring to my people in that comment. Do you know such expression is susceptible to many different interpretations?

Dear Mr Cire80,

Thanks for sharing your "thoughts" with me. However, I regret that I will not be available to engage with you today. My juju has warned me against engaging with the mentally impaired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Prophet Curlieweed (Peace be Upon Him)

2 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by bigfrancis21: 4:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
I remember someone asking here before, any difference between Ika and Bini in Ika? Probably yes, the Bini surnames of the Bini in Ika make them to stand out...so technically if they are crazy about their bini heritage (not minding the fact that majority are probably more Igbo than Bini now over these decades from their Ika-Igbo mothers, grandmothers, great-grandmothers etc.) returning to Edo state is an option where they can resettle and re-adopt their original edoid identity. Who says migration ended in the 18th/19th century? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
Ngozi123:

You shouldn't speak for the whole of Anioma when you're only from one section of it. My grandmother was from a well known family in what is now Ndokwa East and she was a proud Igbo woman- is her opinion less relevant than yours? Likewise, my people are more related to some of the Enuani speaking communities than some Ika communities are, does that give me the right to speak for them more than an Ika person?
Well, you're not from Anioma so I wonder what you're talking about. I can speak for all Anioma especially in this context because the personalities from Anioma is definite. Even you as an outsider can do too.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Ngozi123(f): 9:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cire80:
Well, you're not from Anioma so I wonder what you're talking about. I can speak for all Anioma especially in this context because the personalities from Anioma is definite. Even you as an outsider can do too.

I have Anioma ancestry both directly from my father and indirectly from my grandmother so, no, I'm not an 'outsider'. How can you speak for all of Anioma and expect someone else to speak for all of Anioma too? Wouldn't you be left with a flurry of opinions that differ from each other, making it difficult to actually determine what the consensus is?

5 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by cheruv: 10:55pm On Mar 16, 2017
Ngozi123:

He's not even from any section of it... He's simply imposing his Bini ass on the ika,and when the time comes we'd kick him back to Benin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by laudate: 2:00am On Mar 17, 2017
Ngozi123:
Yes, that is the general method for describing things; you use words- preferably different ones- that come into your head to qualify the noun you want to describe. You should have learned this when you were 5yrs old. Sorry for that undecided.

Oh, you are still in your 'sarcastic', drama queen mode. Ok, no problem.... don't let me spoil your fun. Please continue.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 7:26am On Mar 17, 2017
bigfrancis21:
I remember someone asking here before, any difference between Ika and Bini in Ika? Probably yes, the Bini surnames of the Bini in Ika make them to stand out...so technically if they are crazy about their bini heritage (not minding the fact that majority are probably more Igbo than Bini now over these decades from their Ika-Igbo mothers, grandmothers, great-grandmothers etc.) returning to Edo state is an option where they can resettle and re-adopt their original edoid identity. Who says migration ended in the 18th/19th century? undecided
Keep wallowing in your Valley of self deception and ignorance. You can only deceive your fellow Igbons who are mentally configured for slavery
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by bigfrancis21: 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2017
Cire80:
Keep wallowing in your Valley of self deception and ignorance. You can only deceive your fellow Igbons who are mentally configured for slavery

This man/woman why have you stopped to contribute intellectually but instead chosen to stoop low to profanity and curses? Have you run out of ideas, if any, to contribute such that your automatic response now to a differing opinion is to curse that person? undecided undecided Nigerians and debate sef. undecided

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2017
bigfrancis21:

This man/woman why have you stopped to contribute intellectually but instead chosen to stoop low to profanity and curses? Have you run out of ideas, if any, to contribute such that your automatic response now to a differing opinion is to curse that person? undecided undecided Nigerians and debate sef. undecided
Because you keep on repeating or nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by bigfrancis21: 4:22pm On Mar 17, 2017
Cire80:
Because you keep on repeating or nonsense.

I must not agree with you and vice versa, so you learn to disagree to agree. Got it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

Big Python Saved In My Village(pics) / Sanu Nku Jamaa [Hausa-speaking thread] / Yoruba Names/Oriki For God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.