Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) (66468 Views)

Diary Of A Broke Playboy 2.0 / Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Diary Of A Broke Playboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 12:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
aprilwise:
am waiting for the updates. the story is interesting. just spice it up with sex scene then u will have more readers.
I'm sorry I don't do sex scenes... I've over 20 works and none has sex excapades... I'm a rolemodel to some so I don't need to add those scenes to my work of art.... I'm a feminist, I shouldn't bring shame to womanhood.... I love you. grin

15 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by aprilwise(m): 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2017
Bibi294:

I'm sorry I don't do sex scenes... I've over 20 works and none has sex excapades... I'm a rolemodel to some so I don't need to add those scenes to my work of art.... I'm a feminist, I shouldn't bring shame to womanhood.... I love you. grin
, thanks
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by IecheM(m): 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
Following,
We're waiting for the updates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 2:07pm On Jan 15, 2017
We got some food and Suya and ate, I wanted to ask if his car was the same I saw yesterday when his phone rang
"Hello"
"Get the Bleep off, I ain't coming home till u guys r in d right senses."
"You don't command me like some kids, I'm a grown up, man"
"I ain't in no hotels, I'm with my woman" I was alarmed.
"Believe me, you ain't seeing me till I return to the states."
"Get the Bleep of my phone" he said and hung up.
"Who was that?" I asked silently.
"My mum" he replied burning with fury.
"You mean you're addressing your mum like that?"
"Riri, I was the one you saw in the afternoon" he caught me off guard. I never knew he was reading my mind.
"How? Why didn't you talk to me then?"
"I was with that witch."he was now on his feet angrier than ever.
" Your mum?"
"Aderin, marry me." He stressed these word looking so pale. I didn't believed my ears,we'd seen for the second time and Londoner was talking about marriage. It sounded like "Aderin, maga me" rather than marry me.
"What are you talking about?" I asked trying to conceal the confusion written all over my face.
"Riri, when I met you, I felt this kinda chemistry you feel while in love. You see, I'm 31 and unmarried, I'm in Nigeria to get a wife but my parents ain't helping me."
"How?"
"Marry me, we're getting married before next month ends and going back to the states in two months."
"Is that a command?"
"No, I'm being straight. I can't stoop to the level of wooing a woman. We're adults, matured adults"" I am going to take care of you. I wanna use you to get back to my parents"
"Your parents? How?
" Riri, I knew you saw the lady in my car! She was the hoe my parents want for me. How could they expect me to marry a lady all because we promised to love and marry each other while we were young... Accepted I deflowered her and she aborted my baby but she is a LovePeddler! She was going after all men in UNILAG while I was away and had several other abortions." He was now shouting so Loud that I feared my neighbours were eavesdropping.

"Yeah, I loved her but I love her no more. Riri, it's you I want"" you're so decent and promising." His last comment was a lie. I knew I was not decent, I was a corporate prostitute in UNILAG too. I was still into "ashewo business till that moment even if it was codedly.

4 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Missmossy(f): 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2017
Haha now this is funny grin she should better come out clean. Riri isn't a saint either, the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. Lets see how it goes.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 6:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
5 more comments n I drop the next episode
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by xaviercasmir(m): 7:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ride on ma'am
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by IecheM(m): 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
Following
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by IecheM(m): 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ride on
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by IecheM(m): 7:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
More update
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by IecheM(m): 7:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
Bibi294:
5 more comments n I drop the next episode

5 comments drop the next episode
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 7:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
IecheM:

5 comments drop the next episode
ill
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Dapo97(m): 7:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
comman drop dah ting oo yeye
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 8:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
Dedicated to LecheM... Thanks blooda

I was confused, even though I had started developing feeling for Shina, I was never ready for some kind of poo.
"Shina, let us take things easy"
"This is me, and here is you, I'm 31 for Petes' sake, do you expect me to start begging and wooing you like a kid?" He lied on the bed in anger and soaked under the duvet, I mean blanket. I was up for a moment thinking if my life. I was a blunt broke liar and my lying game took me nowhere. You have to lie to cover a lie. I'd leaving a fake like since my uni days and it never paid me. I'd lose a reasonable amount of good suitors because I could not afford to take them to my parent after bragging about being a rich kid. A good example was Victor, Victor was an IB boy, he was a rich coded yahoo guy and believed I was a banker, after gaining a substantial amount from his yahoo plus business, he decided to open an account with access bank where he believed I was working, I was able to cover up till when I couldn't and he knew I was never working in Access bank... I tried to cover up and that was when he asked to meet my parents, that was where kasala busted and I could not get a tangible lie to tell, I opened up and told him about my real parents, he broke up with me immediately but his words hurt more, he said he was dating me because he thought I was from a rich home and. Could not stoop too low dating the daughter of a village illiterates. He went ahead and got married to a lady close to my house. I made up my mind right then never to open up who my real parents were to any man. After all, I could rent parents.
"Do you have to think about it this much?" I heard Shina said as he pushed up into the sitting position. It sounded more like "do you have to think about being bleeped this much?". He drew me so close that I was afraid he would swallow me.
" I love you, Riri"
"I want you to carry my babies" "not someone who had over three known abortions" Truth being told, I had six abortions before I met Shina, I knew instantly I was not the best for him.
"Shina, let us take things slow. I understand how you're feeling but we shouldn't rush" I said as I withdrew myself from him.
"Okay. I'll give you from now till tomorrow"
"That is better" before I could blink, Shina had kissed me, and right on that spot, my body and soul was vibrating, I felt a chemistry which I've never felt for a guy in ages. He noticed my strange feelings and stopped.
"I'm sorry, Riri. I never meant to go far." He begged with an embarrassment look.
"I understand.." I said laying in the bed.
"Goodnight, my woman" he said as he laid down facing the opposite direction. I relaxed so well thinking about the kiss and Shina. I felt strange, I was scared of sex for the first time in my life.I was afraid Shina was going to wake me up in the middle of the night and forced me to sex. He was not sleeping neither, he kept tossing around till I feltasleep around 2am . I dreamt about getting married to Shina in a big way, and guess what, my parents came in the middle of the reception. I fainted on seeing them and Shina was shooking me trying to wake me up
"My woman, wake up" I opened my eyes just to see myself in bed and Shina standing over me fully dressed. I was disappointed, I wanted to go back and sleep, I love my dream...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by IecheM(m): 8:53pm On Jan 15, 2017
Bibi294:
Dedicated to IecheM... Thanks blooda

Thanks BiBi, am enjoying this story.
Thanks for the update

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
Dapo97:
comman drop dah ting oo yeye

Yeye means old woman o bro... Abeg, na town I dey o... No pour sand in my gaari
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by KingOfThePay(m): 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2017
Bibi294:

You got it wrong here. Since when did Sex scenes in Stories became the yardstick to determine/judge the quality of the art & perhaps makes the author a Rolemodel.!!!

Don't get it mixed up, Just do your thing ok.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2017
KingOfThePay:

You got it wrong here. Since when did Sex scenes in Stories became the yardstick to determine/judge the quality of the art & perhaps makes the author a Rolemodel.!!!

Don't get it mixed up, Just do your thing ok.
Boo, I get your point buh u ain't getting mine... I'm not criticizing sex roles, but to me, they sud b private... That's my own ideology, Mr. I read other stories on here and outside here... Buh personally and coz of some of my readers,I don't write bout it

4 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by segzy17: 10:55pm On Jan 15, 2017
Fascinating.....kip it cumin pls
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Dapo97(m): 6:00am On Jan 16, 2017
Bibi294:

Yeye means old woman o bro... Abeg, na town I dey o... No pour sand in my gaari
gringrin
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by sunshine46(f): 9:12am On Jan 19, 2017
Bibi294,where art thou undecided
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 11:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
I'm in my fillage grin
sunshine46:
Bibi294,where art thou undecided
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by sunshine46(f): 6:14am On Jan 20, 2017
Bibi294:
I'm in my fillage grin
Fillage keh Shey u won't come and update bfr I fex cheesy
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 7:25am On Jan 20, 2017
sunshine46:

Fillage keh Shey u won't come and update bfr I fex cheesy
Babe, I'm not motivated... I've a feelings people don't like the story... That's y I stopped
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by sunshine46(f): 9:06am On Jan 20, 2017
Bibi294:

Babe, I'm not motivated... I've a feelings people don't like the story... That's y I stopped
Ahn ahn,sweethrt,u don't have to be discouraged...trust me,ppl are following,I am following...jst do ur thing girl,make ur mark known,d comments and critics will come...take a cue from Angelinastto,d beginning was rough and not encouraging buh look where her story is now...never give up dear kiss kiss
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 9:24am On Jan 20, 2017
sunshine46:

Ahn ahn,sweethrt,u don't have to be discouraged...trust me,ppl are following,I am following...jst do ur thing girl,make ur mark known,d comments and critics will come...take a cue from Angelinastto,d beginning was rough and not encouraging buh look where her story is now...never give up dear kiss kiss
Thanks bun... Will update maybe in d evening.. No light in my fillage embarassed
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by sunshine46(f): 9:30am On Jan 20, 2017
Bibi294:

Thanks bun... Will update maybe in d evening.. No light in my fillage embarassed
Charge with solar,what am I 'sunshine' for grin grin...just send me ur location,I'll make d sun shine powerfully on u 2day cheesy

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Angelinastto(f): 12:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
sunshine46:

wow success is been define through me?
Am grateful sis.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Angelinastto(f): 12:46pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hi Bibi.... Never give up honey, i see the potential. Its in you!
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Dapo97(m): 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
yes..don't u give up!drop dah ting hot hot..we qot ur back babes
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by sunshine46(f): 1:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
Angelinastto:
wow success is been define through me? Am grateful sis.
U've earned it ma'am,u're welcome **winks**
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 4:54pm On Jan 20, 2017
aprilwise
lecheM
Dapo97
segzy17
sunshine46
Angelinastto....
Thanks all for following this piece of art.... I sight y'all.

"Shina, are you up already?"
"Yes Honey. I'm going home right now,something came up" he said adjusting his wristwatch.
"To do what" I sprang up, deepdown, I love his company and I wanted to be with him more especially because of food.
"Mum needs me, I'll be back in a jiffy" he pecked me n left my room. I slept a little more and decided to do some chores, I swept the room and on unlocking my door, I heard doors cracking and people coming out, I opened the door and the first person who greeted me was Sheyi.
Sheyi was my next door neighbour, he was so fake that even his hairstyle was fake, he also was a perfect 'runsboy'who makes money from servicing old women, dear readers, Sheyi was a liar, serial cheat, womanbeater, imposter and a 'yahooyahoo' he afforded a tainted black Toyota 'pencillight' Camry and to him, it was a baby, the car was his wife. He was a university dropout but lied to everyone that he was a masters student in EKSU. I did not believed him, he knew I knew he knew I never believed him, he could boast for Europe. He tried to avoid me always especially the day I caught him with our co-tenant's wife and also our Almighty Onome, he hated me and was always doubting my lifestyle.
For the first time in 2015, he greeted me'
"Riri, morning to you" he approached smiling, I noticed almost everyone in the house was around that Friday morning and I knew their reason: APROKOS.
"Morning, Sheyi"
"I fetched those two jerrycans for you when water came" I was surprised, everyone murmured. One thing about Sheyi, he would not do anything for you for free and if he did, you're going to pay in a way you never expected.
A case study was when Mr. Onabisi, a former neighbour traveled to Onitsha and on his arrival, Sheyi went to pick him from the park, it was later when Mr. Onabisi sent his wife packing and later packed out of the house that we knew Sheyi was smashing Mrs. Onabisi and the day he went to pick the husband, they strafed.
Immediately, I knew he was up to something but trust me,I was smarter. "Thanks" I said
"You are welcome." He said grinning,"more so, I want to see you later." He said and left.
"Aunty Riri, how's your visitor" it was Mama Susan who asked.
"Which one" I asked. By now, all my neighbours were either leaning on the railings or standing by their doorpost and little who were matured were peeping through their windows.
Mama Susan was our street back bitter, she was married to Baba Susan, an Hausa man who was a 'mekanika ejiniarin"(mechanical engineer) like his wife would say. She was a fullhouse wife and it gave her all the time needed to pokenose into others affairs. She could open her mouth and say anything to anyone at anytime. There was an instance which happened few months back when Onome was strafing 'Magic fingers', another internet fraudster in my street and one Mr. Hammed, a banker, Magic fingers had a girlfriend who was schooling in EKSU who was a living-in girlfriend while Mr. Hammed was married, Mama Susan told Magic finger's girlfriend Onome's escapades when they were both making hair at a salon down the street, what actually happened was that, Onome was close to Caro, Magic finger's girlfriend and took her as her street sister,so Caro was at the salon making hair when Onome walked in, greeted her and left, that was when mama Susan opened the can of worms, how magic fingers would sneaked into our compound, how Onome was visiting him while Caro was in school and how they would go to an hotel and straffed in his car. Caro, being a crazy Ado babe left the Salon without finishing her hair and went to ask Magic fingers if they were all true, he denied it but Caro had plans already, she offered to pay Mama Susan a substantial amount to track them down and call her anytime they were together, Mama Susan declined the money and promised to help her for free.
The d-day came and it was on a Saturday evening, Magic fingers came into our compound under the guise of coming to seeSheyi but later sneaked into Onome's room, trust Mama Susan, she called Caro immediately and it happened.... Stay tuned

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Naive ( Novel) / Sexcapade With The Neighbors Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.