Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,003 members, 7,814,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) (66381 Views)

Diary Of A Broke Playboy 2.0 / Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Diary Of A Broke Playboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by switplum(m): 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
Wow!!!
I just spent 2 - 3 hrs reading dis story frm d stat. I'm loving d short story turned long.
Nice one bibi

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by kevwe10(f): 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
ride on nice job bibi
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nwiboko26(f): 10:00pm On Jan 22, 2017
I love ur story.keep it up
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by segzy17: 10:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
i reserve my comments till d next update
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
AlamienDagash:
happy sunday sweady . buh u gotta update this now now! or else i whud jump into our well grin tnx 4d mention
Bros!!! abeg oo!!

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by HolyTitus(m): 11:24pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bibi294:
I'm sorry no update tonight... My day was hectic.... Headache is currently singing well-done ma and dancing skelewu in my head.... 3 updates tomorrow.... One love friends
On behalf of your die-hard fans and avid readers, I'm wishing you a speedy recovery dear. We hope to see back and better, Stay strong! We love you

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Okebarn: 11:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
I will like to comment and commend Bibi for this. I can't believe I had to go all pages on the romance thread to look for this story again, I had to start searching from the front page till I got it and was damn happy. Wish I had commented or hit likes, it would have been easy for me to see.

Keep it up dear!

To all those counting on her errors, the truth is, not all writers are grammatical freak, some give out their write ups to professional for proofreading. The most important thing is that her story is been understood and it passes message.

Thanks BIBI for standing your ground on not making it filled with sex scene.

3 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by mercichoco(f): 11:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hmmm! Nice short-tall Story Bibi.

I like mama Susan, she can gosip for Africa, Fiwa is a good friend. Riri is a b!tch, her fake life will definitely maim her.

As for your work, its very interesting, just do your best and satisfy your conscience, we got your butt.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 5:37am On Jan 23, 2017
Okebarn:
I will like to comment and commend Bibi for this. I can't believe I had to go all pages on the romance thread to look for this story again, I had to start searching from the front page till I got it and was damn happy. Wish I had commented or hit likes, it would have been easy for me to see.

Keep it up dear!

To all those counting on her errors, the truth is, not all writers are grammatical freak, some give out their write ups to professional for proofreading. The most important thing is that her story is been understood and it passes message.

Thanks BIBI for standing your ground on not making it filled with sex scene.

Thanks love
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 5:40am On Jan 23, 2017
Good morning to all nairalanders and dollarlanders...
Expect 3 updates today..... One love!

Happy new week, May our days be long and filled with good things.... Love y'all

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by kajsa08: 6:09am On Jan 23, 2017
Bibi294:

Gudmng to u too.
amen to the prayer.
*still following*
Riri reminds me of a friend I used to know, but @least riri can actually confide in a friend but this my former friend would lie to the extent a cow would fart n even when caught, she would try to twist d whole issue....
Some ladies r trying.
lovely work ure doing ojere.
Ps: English is a borrowed language n I don't see d fuss..... me I understand u.
God bless you for me.
*kisses*

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by redon12(m): 6:46am On Jan 23, 2017
Bibi294:

No b me o, bros... Twas pure imagination and things happening around me....
Make I ask u... Hope say no b u?

ah! me?.. for your own story again..
do you think am riri cause right now that am telling you I got a joystick not a pussy so am masculine
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Folaoladapo(m): 6:59am On Jan 23, 2017
sadShey Bibi wee not come and continue bayi, its been more than 12hrs since your last update!
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by mercichoco(f): 10:36am On Jan 23, 2017
Bibi294:

ok, abeg just hala my moneyka, thank yu
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by talk2saintify(m): 12:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
WE DEY WAIT OOOOOOO embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by rachealfst(f): 12:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
Riri!please open up, I know it's easier said than done, but lies will take you know where.
Thanks for the mention Bibi294.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 3:29pm On Jan 23, 2017
Good afternoon.... I've been busy since,work was hectic.... Update coming soon

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by mutalib24: 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2017
Bibi294:
Good afternoon.... I've been busy since,work was hectic.... Update coming soon

You need to hurry up sha undecided
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Dapo97(m): 4:06pm On Jan 23, 2017
mutalib24:

You need to hurry up sha undecided
see mouth lyk "hurry"..lyk it's easy tin cheesy
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 4:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
I was in the kitchen preparing lunch when I heard a knock... I was lazy to go check who was at the door so I pretended not to hear since Shina was in the bedroom. I continued with my work, when i heard Shina' s footsteps and the door cracking. It was a familiar female voice, I listen carefully as they exchange pleasantry and decided to clear my doubt about whose voice it was, and seeing Dommy in my house that afternoon melt my heart. Who is Dommy?
I labelled her "dummy" because she was my diehard enemy, she hated me right from our days in Saint Louis Grammar School, Ikere Ekiti. I was a neat,pompous girl back then and all my school mates back then were jealous of me because every time we had the privilege to go outside our school gates, all "Anco" boys (Saint Louis Grammar School is a girls' school while Annunciation*anco* is our male *version*) rushed me like houseflies. Everyone was jealous of me including Dummy. She crushed on Fife, Anco headboy while we were in SS3, but I ended up dating him. This made her hate me. When we met in UNILAG, She was Amber Rose's friend, which worsen her hatred for me. Amber Rose told her about my fake lifestyle and she labelled me "fake Rihanna Alakada". What was she doing I'm my house, our house? I thought. She focused her gaze towards me immediately I came into the living room.

" oh my! Riri!!!"She screamed and hugged me. I was confused, she was my sworn enemy and her warm treatment gave me goosebumps.
"What are you doing here? Do you work with Shina?" She asked smiling.
"She is my wife, my fiancé" Shina responded before I could say anything. I looked into Dummy's eyes and she looked into mine, I could see she was heartbroken,surprised and frightened. We exchanged gaze for few seconds before she announced her departure.
"I think I've to be on my way" she said as she picked her bag that was lying on the couch.
"Lunch is almost ready" I said, I did not know when those words came out of my mouth and it sounded like "poison is ready"
"I can't wait, dear. Maybe some other time. See ya, Shina. Kisses" she blew us kiss as she left hurriedly.

"What's happening, darling." I asked worriedly. Was she Shina's ex fiancée? If she was, then I'm in trouble. Shina snubbed me and sat on the couch.
"Is food ready?" He asked as he retired into the couch looking tired. We ate lunch in total silence that afternoon. No one was speaking to another, I guessed we were both lost in our thoughts.

I visited Fiwa the following day and explained everything that happened to her. She was worried about me, and my past lifestyle.
"Aderin, I'll advise you to open up and let your fiancée knows about your past life. You know Dommy! She is dangerous." She advised.
"It would be better Shina hears from the horse mouth than from a third party. Aderin, open up!" I was weeping already, how could I look into Shina's eyes and tell him I had six abortions, how would I tell his mum my mother was an illiterate! Life was so unfair to me and I wished death could take my soul. The thought of losing Shina made my dreams shattered, he was my love, my dream and I could feel no future without him.
Fiwa was consoling me as I was sobbing when Dummy entered. I was shocked! The look on her face was scary, she came in with her hands akimbo, she stepped aside as someone else came in. I meant someone from my past!!

Diary of a broke Graduate will yltake another dimension here.... Who came in? Who is Shina's ex fiancée?

Answers before I drop da bomb.

rachealfst
talk2saintify
mercichoco
Folaoladapo
redon12
kajsa08
Okebarn
Holytitus abi geisha... Me I no like Titus o
IecheM
Rock01
segzy17
Ikdbarbie
Nwiboko26
kevwe10
YINKS89
Debbiesmart
switplum
Odinz
Davidhero
oxysyntabel
AlamienDagash
sunshine26
mutalib24
Dapo97
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Ikdbabie(f): 4:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hmm. Ma'am you are the only one that have answer to that question.

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by rachealfst(f): 4:47pm On Jan 23, 2017
I thought it was Bola aka "Amber Rose" before o.

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by mutalib24: 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
Dapo97:
see mouth lyk "hurry"..lyk it's easy tin cheesy
Idiot...I talk to you undecided

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2017
mutalib24:

Idiot...I talk to you undecided

Boo.. Pls, he's only joking ... No hard feeling biko.... One love!

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by talk2saintify(m): 5:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
..baby yhur story is so unpredictable.....

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by sorzy1(m): 5:49pm On Jan 23, 2017
the unpredictable nature of the story (i.e suspense) makes it more interesting to read. Keep it up,

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
It was Bola. I was confused, she was followed by Diamond, I didn't know her real name.
"Here you are, husband snatcher!" I was confused, why would they gang up against me. "Wanna-be!!" Diamond clapped .
"What soap did u used? You used your village juju on my fiancée abi? I looked up,it was Bola who spoke.
" fiancée? "I asked looking shocked, I returned my gaze towards Fiwa, she was shocked also.
" I know you too well, Aderin. You purposely snatched my man. I'm not hear to listen to some craps.. I knew you lied, you think Shina can marry you. You're no saint, my dear."she said sitting on the stool.
"Riri, I know Shina is not aware of your past life, mine was better yet he left... So, get a life, sis. We've been together for over 15 years" "I'm giving you two good days. Leave my man!" She said as they stormed out. I was confused. I knew Amber Rose too well, Dummy was dangerous, Diamond was cunning. I knew my end is near, I smelt doom.
"Are you going to sit there all day" I heard Fiwa speak, it sounded like "are you going to die today?"
"Fiwa, what will happen to my relationship?" I asked
"Just get home and tell Shina about it. I warned you earlier... I do!" I was close to tears, I picked my bag and left her shop without any other words.
I got home and locked myself in the guest's room.I left a note on table telling Shina not to look for me, I told him I went to see my parents. I heard him reading it aloud,he called which I refused to pick. I was in the room for two good days trying to figure out what next to do, I was confused, shattered,tired and restless. I could not eat. I came out the third day fully prepared for the worst, I was going to tell Shina, I went to our bedroom, packed my clothes, showered and cooked. I was eating when Shina came in, he was surprised to see me and I could not conceal my sadness.
"Baby, what happened?" He asked.
"Just a slight headache,honey" I wanted to tell him about Bola but my tongue was tied. We ate together, and he suggested we see a movie, we sat on the couch but my mind was not there. I wanted to tell him but I was scared, scared of losing the man I loved, scared of breaking his heart. We sat for hours when we heard a car horned and the gateman opened the door. I was alert. Diamond and Bola came in without knocking, I froze.
"Whoa! Lovely apartment" Amber Rose commented as they took their seat. My heartbeat increased, I wished I could disappear or die.
"What are you doing here, Bola?" Shina asked silently.
"To see my fiancé and his drama queen" she replied grinning.
"I knew trouble was looping around when Dominique came. I knew she was a devil!" He shouted.
"Ayomi, we've been together for over fifteen years, why would you leave me for a cheap LovePeddler you met barely two months ago?"
"You know the answer, hoe. Moreover, watch your tongue!"He barked.
" you left me because I had two abortion while you were away? Ask her if she's a saint" shina and I exchanged glances.
"Hey miss, this is my woman. I know her quite well, she is not what she claimed she is"
"Shut your mouth, you dummy" I screamed!
"I knew of four times you committed abortions at Kibwas hospital in school, Riri. We met once" she said laughing wickedly. I froze, Shina froze, even the breeze froze. Shina stood up and went into the bedroom.
"Is that all? Are you done? Are you through? Homewrecker!" I barked.
"Oh! This is just the tip of the iceberg. Lowlifer!" She stood up and they left. I knew right there that it was over. I lost Shina, I lost the man who loved me. I went to the room but he had locked himself in the bathroom, so I picked my bag and left. I could not look into his eyes.I knew I betrayed him. I left without a goodbye. The only thing on my mind was suicide. I wanted to be crushed by a running trailer. I left his house that day and went back to my old house.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by rachealfst(f): 6:44pm On Jan 23, 2017
Hmmm! I sighed. Shina doesn't love Diamond anymore, so she's out. I'm not sure If he'll accept Riri with her flaws.
Ride on Bibi....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by tojahh(m): 7:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
Only gets better

Kudos
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by fatai7165: 8:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ok, im a ghost on Nairaland, i barely comment but trust me, i have being secretly following this thread since i discovered it on Saturday at work.

I'm a lazy reader but ur story was captivating at first sight, that i have the link to this story bookmarked on my phone, office desktop, and my personal laptop.

nice write up so far, believe me, it dope but please the suspense is getting too much, just my own opinion oh, but a story might get so long that it starts to become boring, im sure you dont want your story to get there..

biko im hungry for the resolution of ur story the climax is getting to tense, biko start let the anti climax unfold shortly.

i wont mind subscribing to further write ups so far they are from you.

for the sake of your write up, I LOVE YOU!!!!
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by xamiel4(m): 8:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
i have been a ghost reader since you started writing this story but the story is getting interesting after every update. Concerning the story,i think shina already knows about yor past life but he is waiting for you to tell him which you haven't done. I sense he still loves you and plz dont commit suicide. Waiting for tthe next update.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Davidhero(m): 8:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
lol... All this ghost readers. Hope say una don pay una monthly dues

Riri, hehehe. Dont worry, ur man wee come back for u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Naive ( Novel) / Sexcapade With The Neighbors Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.