Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,864 members, 7,813,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) (66379 Views)

Diary Of A Broke Playboy 2.0 / Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Diary Of A Broke Playboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by scozy(m): 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2017
This is no short story but following anyway
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nairadean(m): 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2017
following...keep it up bibi294
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Andrew2016(m): 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2017
On a very serious note. I love your write up and am following *kiss*
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by jubrealguy(m): 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hawlahscho:

Sister, I fear you o. grin You dey kill morale faster than insecticide grin
I dey tell u brother...... people sha
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
Following

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by JamesJOS(m): 2:19pm On Jan 21, 2017
Nice pls continue

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by BlissfulJeff(m): 3:18pm On Jan 21, 2017
wow.beautiful story u 've got here bibi luv.am followin u bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Trendytessy(f): 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2017
following..

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by ladiesmirror(m): 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2017
I read all your stories within 30 minutes. gosh it's like am watching a Movie..... Good Job.. keep it up

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Ken4agent(m): 4:08pm On Jan 21, 2017
Baby where is the concluding part now am gaining something from the life style of Riri. In the world of hustlers no self putty. u just gat to keep hustling till your lucky day comes....Riri met her lucky day while hustling. It doesn't matter what u do. As long as u are not killing fellow hustlers to make ends meet..keep hustling!!!!!..." the end justify the means"

awaiting you ending part of the story

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by iamharkinwaley: 4:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
Babe very great piece, no doubt you are good. is it a real events?

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by fanny500able: 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]
Woow, I'm grateful I had had to come across this piece.
It's simple, comprehensive, suspending and colloquially delicious.

Nice sense of creativity and imagination.

To those who want to stop reading due to the inability of the writer or her work adding to your vocabulary. It is hence, very important to state that there are style of writing and the choice of diction is highly relative.
The diction of Wole Soyinka is sparkling different from the style of Alex La Guma whose prose could be largely clumsy.
But that doesn't make the work inferior in any way.
CHIMMAMANDA ADECHIE, CHIWINWETALU, EVEN LATE CHINUA ACHEBE could be so simple with diction to communicate with targeted audience.
That doesn't make their works inferior still.

However, the writer of this piece should confine more to rules of episodic plotting. Have a stipulating time for fresh updates, so your readers don't get weary from waiting too long.

Most importantly , kudos to you, Ritababe for a job nicely done.

Awaiting the concluding part of this novella.

** tongue out **
Too much grammar no go break our heads for dis naija. Oyinbo sef no dey spark grammar like we do here. Lol

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by ritababe(f): 5:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
fanny500able:
[color=#000099][/color]
Woow, I'm grateful I had had to come across this piece.
It's simple, comprehensive, suspending and colloquially delicious.

Nice sense of creativity and imagination.

To those who want to stop reading due to the inability of the writer or her work adding to your vocabulary. It is hence, very important to state that there are style of writing and the choice of diction is highly relative.
The diction of Wole Soyinka is sparkling different from the style of Alex La Guma whose prose could be largely clumsy.
But that doesn't make the work inferior in any way.
CHIMMAMANDA ADECHIE, CHIWINWETALU, EVEN LATE CHINUA ACHEBE could be so simple with diction to communicate with targeted audience.
That doesn't make their works inferior still.

However, the writer of this piece should confine more to rules of episodic plotting. Have a stipulating time for fresh updates, so your readers don't get weary from waiting too long.

Most importantly , kudos to you, Ritababe for a job nicely done.

Awaiting the concluding part of this novella.

** tongue out **
Too much grammar no go break our heads for dis naija. Oyinbo sef no dey spark grammar like we do here. Lol

am not the writer na
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 7:12pm On Jan 21, 2017
Thanks for all your comments, when I wanted to start this story, I thought it would be a short story but right now, I'm not sure it's not going to be a novel.... More characters are coming....

Update coming soon grin angry angry grin grin

Coman eat Semo and Efo riro
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
Bibi294 If you had seen the way I was waiting for your update (before I got busy), you'll be apoloizing to me, you won't be asking for encouragement. As I dey tuk so, I still dey wait ooo!! toh!
You don't need any encouragement, you need only US.

Come! were you dey since sef weh be say na naw you de show forNL?
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 7:30pm On Jan 21, 2017
Rock01:
Bibi294 If you had seen the way I was waiting for your update (before I got busy) you'll be apoloizing to me you won't be asking for encouragement. As I dey tuk so I still dey wait ooo!! toh!

Come were you dey since sef?

Boo, laundry and cooking.... Coman chop
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2017
You have an amiable persona. Don't reply pls, just kwantinew the stowie. Meanwhile, if i follow you chop, we go waste time jus quick come kwantinew. We dey wait.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 8:17pm On Jan 21, 2017
I was enrolled into MerryGold makeup school on Monday, that week went smoothly and I hailed respect from my boss, my colleagues and neighbours. I grew wings, I was no longer eating at Mama Sikira buka and after work, I would visit Fiwa at her place, I lied to my neighbours I retired my banking job because my fiancee was against it. Few weeks later, I was at Fiwa's shop when Bola came in.

"Hello girls" she greeted
"Amber Rose!" We hailed her. Bola was Fiwa's hostel mate while we were in school. We were not close because she always try to intimidate me, she was one of the people who doubt my "self-acclaimed rich babe" lifestyle. She was the CEO and managing director of the " runs girl club"while we were in school. Even though, she was from a rich home and had a fiancée abroad, she was a bad gang, she drove the latest car, wore the latest wig and designer clothes. Even though I was proud, she was the pride herself. She nicknamed herself Amber Rose because of her killershape and tinted low cut, she was truly Amber Rose. Even though we learnt she had a botox surgery to get her killershape but she was pretty, she smelt rich and the way she carried herself, I was always afraid to visit Fiwa anytime she was around. Fiwa was no saint too, she followed her for the "runs" job anytime she needed money. My pride could not allow me to go with them, I did my thing my way, I was a one-man mopol, even though we met at hotels few times but we would pretend as if we never met not until one day an Alhaji invited me for two sums and Amber Rose was my partner, we were both shocked and even though we did our thing that day, Amber Rose knew I was living a fake life and reported me to Fiwa after she warned me to stop tagging myself as a good girl.
"Hey babes!" She said as she sat down on the chair opposite us.
"You decided to check me today?" Fiwa said frowning.
"I came for my panties" she replied smiling
"I said it, but why don't you call me to deliver them instead of coming here, Biggest babe"
"I ordered for some Christian Louboutin shoes for myself and my fiancée"
"Is he in town"
"Yea, that's why i wanted those Sexy Victoria's secret lingeries" she said tapping her hands.
"Iyawo iyawo, can wait to buy asoebi"
"Abi o" she laughed. "We're getting married very soon and I'll be relocating abroad to be with my husband."She said flashing her engagement ring
"I am happy for you, my dear" I said.
"Everyone is getting married, why am I the only single one here."
"Who else is getting married."
"Riri! She's relocating to the states too"
"Riri, is that true?" She asked looking surprised
"Don't mind her o" I responded feeling uncomfortable.
"I said it, you! The greatest alakada! Relocating to the states?" She said smiling, everywhere was silent.
"I know her fiancée, Bola. More so, Riri is a changed person"
"Whatever! Get me my package and let me go" she said sounding pissed. Fiwa handed her a pink polythene bag with the inscription "Victoria's Secret".
" How much is my bill?"
"45k"
"I'll do the transfer when I get home." She said and left.
"Why she dey vex" Fiwa directed her gaze towards me after Amber Rose left.
"No be una friend she be"
"She think say na only her fit marry Americana?" She said and hissed.
"Bad Belle" I added. Shina came later to pick me , he took me to a detached duplex in Bashiri.
"Where is this, Shina?" She asked.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2017
SUGGESTION: Though I am not (even a bad) writer but as a reader, I know how a reader can be satisfied.
Permit me to suggest, only for this story bikwas literature is flexible, yhu may not drive yhur deviations too long, if yhu wish, but they can be plenty. At a point when the stowie is smoking hot and yhu introduce a not too long deviation, we will STILL REMEMBER where yhu left off while we are relishing the interesting deviation. (Not that I've noticed sth serious, just a contribution). MORE GRACE.
Bibi, inspirations like yours are rare, better stop lazying and bring out all the stories.

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Ikdbabie(f): 9:45pm On Jan 21, 2017
Waoo bibi you made front page wink
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 9:50pm On Jan 21, 2017
Ikdbabie:
Waoo bibi you made front page wink
I kuku did not know the meaning of "you made front page" abeg which newspaper... embarassed cry

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nphzzycute(f): 10:45pm On Jan 21, 2017
following

I also live in ekiti,ado-ekiti to be precise

my mom is also from ilawe-ekiti
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 10:55pm On Jan 21, 2017
Nphzzycute:
following

I also live in ekiti,ado-ekiti to be precise

my mom is also from ilawe-ekiti

Boo, I'm neither from Ado Ekiti nor Ilawe but I'm based in Ekiti... I'm currently in a village near Ekpoma cry
Where do you stay in Ado
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by AlamienDagash(m): 12:00am On Jan 22, 2017
soft work!

kip it komin sweady.
#BibiBelievers
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Sebastine1994(m): 12:19am On Jan 22, 2017
Bibi294:
ireneidiva, I'm sorry it's not what you expected... I don't go through them after typing with my phone which I know is bad, More so, I make mistakes and there are better ways you can correct me. If my grammar is bad, you can correct... I write this piece of art offhand, it's not as if I'd written it in a jotter or somewhere, I write what comes in my imagination every time and to speak the truth, I don't go back reading... No one is perfect, overlook my grammatical blunders and learn a thing or two from my story. You can check Amos Tutuola's works esp. The Palmwine Drinkard.... Rome was not built in a day... I'm also learning.... Once again, I'm sorry. One Love, sis

you are a genius. I pray we have another adiche. You dont add unnecessary grammar just to impress. Just like the harry poster series.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by sunshine46(f): 12:25am On Jan 22, 2017
Bibi294,u seem so down-to-earth to me...more ink to ur pen and like I said earlier,ignore all appearances of side distractions...love u girl kiss

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by zeeboss(m): 12:55am On Jan 22, 2017
I seriously like your wright up reading from 1-5 is not easy in this recession time ...omo you sabi the work ....waiting anxiously for your master piece
#ririloshebeatyi!!!! #gbam

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by HolyTitus(m): 3:45am On Jan 22, 2017
Keenly waiting for successive updates, Bibi... You've allowed us to savour the sweetness of your wonderful piece, to an extent; it won't be nice if you now decide to left our long throat mind hanging and dangling, please
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 7:24am On Jan 22, 2017
Rock01:
Bibi294 If you had seen the way I was waiting for your update (before I got busy), you'll be apoloizing to me, you won't be asking for encouragement. As I dey tuk so, I still dey wait ooo!! toh!

Boredom brought me here grin grin grin
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 7:27am On Jan 22, 2017
Rock01:

Update till after church
Holytitus
zeeboss
sunshine26
sebastine1994
AlamienDagash
Nphzzycute
Ikdbabie
Rock01

Happy Sunday buns
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by souloho19(m): 8:54am On Jan 22, 2017
Bibi294:

Update till after church
Holytitus
zeeboss
sunshine26
sebastine1994
AlamienDagash
Nphzzycute
Ikdbabie
Rock01

Happy Sunday buns

Happy sun..seems u r no longer a lazy writer...
P.s: wot happend to souloho19?? angry
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Prinxxdave: 11:20am On Jan 22, 2017
Bibi294 Happy Sunday...

Waiting for update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Naive ( Novel) / Sexcapade With The Neighbors Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.