Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

To Hell With Virginity! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / To Hell With Virginity! (737 Views)

To Hell With MEN! LADY Excited Over Her First Time Experience With D!ldos (photo / To Hell With All African Sisters. All Of Them / To Hell With Love, I'm Back To Money Chase (see Reasons) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Hell With Virginity! by starkit: 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2016

I can mentally see eyes bulging out of their sockets and people stamping their feet in holy consternation at such a “blasphemous” statement. Well, I could say that again, “To hell with Virginity”! yeah, you heard me right. That was exactly what I told my best friend when she came to me with eyes sore with weeping, telling me the story of how her boyfriend “used” and dumped her.
What an unfair world! I mean why is it that when a relationship crashes, the girl is the only one at the receiving end of the shame and disgrace. I’m not a feminist or one of those people that believe that what a man can do, a woman can do better. However, I’m a staunch believer in equality. I believe that women should be given equal rights as men. That is, “what a man can do, a woman can also do, with equal percentage of effectiveness”
Imagine a situation whereby a girl and a guy are having sex in a relationship and they eventually break up, the guy goes around boasting triumphantly to his friends of how he has used the girl and moved on to greener pastures, while the girl hangs her head in shame and dejection, she dares not tell anyone. Although, I have absolutely NO respect for any guy that boasts of his “conquests” in the
bedroom. I see it as immature, childish and totally unfair! Don’t even get me started on that, it’s a story for another day.
What a load of crap! I put it to you that it is the guy and not the girl that should feel used. Allow me to delve into biology a little bit, it is believed that the lady enjoys the “whole act” more than the guy and besides, according to recent findings, sex is nutritious to the female system”.
Now, I am not an advocate of sleeping around or jumping from one guy to the other, in actual fact, I’m a staunch believer of No sex before marriage. But, on the other hand, I detest the fact that the lady has to take full responsibility for something that was done with mutual consent.
This world is hard enough for ladies without adding the extra trauma of relationship palaver! Girls are supposed to know how to cook, dress well, talk well, be nice and cheerful but not too nice or they’ll think you are a flirt, be hardworking; lest people start saying you are not wife material! Then you have to endlessly fend off advances from the opposite sex, you have to be intelligent, but not too intelligent or they will say you are trying to outsmart your husband.
It’s indeed an unfair world for the female gender.
Virginity is supposed to be a thing of pride, bestowed on everyone (male and female) by the creator. But why does a guy feel on top of the world when he loses it and a girl has to feel suicidal and empty when she loses it! Virginity is not a woman’s pride, yes it is something to be proud of, but losing it does not mean the end of the world. I mean what is the use of a virgin who has no manners, can’t cook; she’s dirty and can’t take care of the house, can’t even engage in intelligent conversation!
In my opinion, Virginity is highly overrated! Does your virginity fill your bank account, does it get you a job or does it make you a good wife?
A woman’s pride lies in her ability to take care of herself. It lies in her success and her independence! If you happen to be a virgin, I say congratulations! It’s not easy to keep oneself up to this point, with all the persistent and insistent advances from the opposite sex.
If you are not, then I want to say, pick yourself up, dust yourself down, gulp a healthy dose of self esteem, raise your shoulders and move on. Learn to choose your relationships carefully and let no one despise your youth.
It sickens me when ladies cry over a guy that left them. Well, I admit it could be devastating but hey, console yourself with the fact that:
1. He can’t ever find anyone like you. Its his loss. You are beautiful, unique and smart, and letting you go might be the biggest mistake he has ever made.
2. There are other bigger fishes in the ocean; plenty of guys out there just dying for you to look their way, so why the tears?
3. He does not deserve you. Now, no one, I repeat, no guy, is worth your tears (except maybe he died). The fact that he made you cry means he is unworthy of you. Please move on.
4. There is no such thing as heartbreak! A guy can only wound your pride, he cant break your heart.
Virginity is cool, but it’s cooler when it’s coupled with common sense!

Source: http://www.giznaija.com/2016/12/to-hell-with-virginity.html?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Hell With Virginity! by 2SWT(f): 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
Too long
Re: To Hell With Virginity! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
I share your sentiments, but you should also realize that there has never been a better time for women, in the history of civilization, than now.
Now, most of you women aren't being forced to remain virgins. You can practically do what you want, and not give a bleep about what anyone thinks. The only problem lies with ideologies people have and your interaction with people that share these harmful and flawed ideologies about the female gender, and how's these ideologies influence their perception of you and invariably, your perception of yourself.

Is present day society hard on women, yes, a bit. But should that affect how a woman decides to live her life? No. If I was a woman, this is the mindset I'd have and this is the mindset I'd ingrain in my daughter if I eventually have one: Any guy that thinks about women in this object-like, skewed way, isn't worthy of you. If a man defines you by your virginity or lack of, he is a fool. Any man that hasn't actually reached an intellectual space, where he understands that men should also share as much reprobation on the violation of inherently inane social conventions like virginity, isn't an intelligent person, and you shouldn't be in any relationship with such person.

2 Likes

Re: To Hell With Virginity! by marshalcarter: 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
I only read half....pls anyone who concluded it can summarize oooocry
e bi lyk op dey on para mood ooogrin grin

me sef don taya to be virgin sefundecided

(1) (Reply)

Injustice On Nairaland / Caption This Photo / Happy Birthday Mrbigman1!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.