Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,709 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Communication In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Communication In A Relationship (373 Views)

My Poor Communication Ability Is Killing My Relationship With Girls / Excessive Communication In Relationship. Healthy Or Bad? / Communication In Courtship; What You Should Talk About During Courtship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Communication In A Relationship by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 29, 2016
‘May our mind work together to find mutual understanding, may our word reveal more than it obscures, and may the mind, eyes, tongue be guided by our hearts’’ Anonymous.

Much that goes wrong in relationship lies in poor or no communication level. We must be at home enough with ourselves to talk about anything and be honest enough not to keep some for next time. It is better to communicate than to suppress feelings. We sometimes leave some stuff unsaid on the basis of assumption: ‘He should know what’s on my mind’’. ‘Even if I didn’t tell her, she should’ve know a lot better’’. Hello! He/she isn’t some psyche mind-reader. When things are left unsaid they don’t disappear into thin air, they are stored up in the mind consciously or unconsciously as a time bomb waiting to explode and with time they will. See, un-communicated feelings building up on the inside overtime are often the source of anger and resentment in a relationship.

There are however some people who do much communication and yet don’t communicate at all. Theirs is one that communicates with the intent to have things their way; they play the defensive and dig out the fault of the other person. ‘You did it; you said this or that.’ ‘You were at fault not me.’’ ‘I told you not to, now see.’’ To them, it’s a matter of who is wrong and who is right. That isn’t communication! It is self-consciousness, and nothing kills communication than self-preoccupation. Communication is not about who is right or who is wrong, neither is it about what we say but rather the attitude that lies behind what we say. Our communication should be about joining our hearts together as one rather than tearing apart. We should communicate with the intent to join than to attack (separate).

Communication is the foundation for understanding in a relationship and when communication begins to fade, every other thing follows. To communicate is.........

Follow the link to continue reading: http://www.myrealityblog.com/2016/12/relationship-103-communication.html#more

Happy Holiday

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

This New Year! My New Year Resolution / Ladies With Plenty Likes,how Do U Feel / Romance With Kayode: Let's Answer This Question (ladies Alone)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.