Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Hell Exists Because God Loves You - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Exists Because God Loves You (17230 Views)

Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Kola Nut Prayer: Effective Ritual You Never Know That Exists / Atheists!!! God Loves You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by 4kings: 1:33pm On Jan 01, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Once again , you are giving yourself a label which you have no understanding of what it entails .

Freethinkers REJECT opinions concerned with religious beliefs .

Again , you wasted their time .

Very unfair sad

tongue
Freethinking is simply being open-minded. tongue
And I didn't waste their time...
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 01, 2017
4kings:

Is that all...??

4kings like DoctorAlien said.....Goodluck!
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
hahn:

God is nonexistent. Since you discovered you were scammed by Oyaks, have you seen "God"?

Oyaks ? Scammed ?

I think you have made a mistake !
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by 4kings: 1:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

4kings like DoctorAlien said.....Goodluck!
Okay
Goodluck to both of you too. kiss
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
4kings:

You do not know who a freethinker is or even what it is!
A freethinker is a person who rejects accepted opinions, especially those concerning religious belief!
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
YungTemy:

after reading this, I just kept wondering if you were under the influence of marijuana or cocaine.... Cuz, your conception is so wrong. Pls don't let God Almighty punish you. This na new year

funny sheeple !
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:36pm On Jan 01, 2017
4kings:

You are like these atheists who redefined atheism grin

Freethinking is unconcerned with religion . tongue tongue
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:39pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

A freethinker is a person who rejects accepted opinions, especially those concerning religious belief!

no mind brother 4kings grin

Its high time we gave him an appropriate label , 'the confused one'

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by 4kings: 1:41pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

A freethinker is a person who forms opinions on the basis of reason, full stop.
@KingEbukasBlog

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by hahn(m): 1:41pm On Jan 01, 2017
frosbel2:

Oyaks ? Scammed ?

I think you have made a mistake !

Didn't you do that expose on Christ Embassy specifically healing world?
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
4kings:

@KingEbukasBlog

without religion
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
4kings:

@KingEbukasBlog

Pls do not go outside and be caught saying this. You would be termed as an illiterate!
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 01, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

no mind brother 4kings grin

Its high time we gave him an appropriate label , 'the confused one'

Indeed the confused one.
cheesy cheesy

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 01, 2017
4kings:

@KingEbukasBlog

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by PastorAIO: 1:49pm On Jan 01, 2017
DoctorAlien:

So did Jesus contradict what the Jewish Leaders said?

If I commit adultery, who will forgive me? If I use the name of the LORD in vain, who will forgive me?

A: Who can forgive sins but God alone?

B: Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins

Look at statements A and B and tell me whether they contradict each other or not.

If you commit adultery you've transgressed your wife, the husband of the man you had adultery and all others involved, possibly even yourself too. Any of these people can forgive you.

If you use the name of God in vain, apparently it offends god. It is the person offended that should do the forgiving.

Let's look at the passage a little closer.

There was a belief in those days that infirmities were the results of Sin. If someone is crippled it must be either that the person committed a sin or maybe his parents committed a sin. First there is that connection between the two, infirmity and Sin.

It therefore follows that to Forgive sin is to Heal an infirmity, and vice versa Infirmity cannot be healed without the forgiveness of Sin, in the minds of 1st century Jews.

Since the scribes had issues with Jesus saying someone's sin is forgiven, would they have arguments against his healing of infirmity?

By saying only God can forgive sins they are also saying that only God can heal infirmity.

HOWEVER: When we look at the OT we see lots and lots of examples of people with their infirmities healed. Even cases where we are told clearly the sin that cause the infirmity and yet it is healed by human agency. Of course the ultimate healing comes from God, but through human agency.

Genesis 20
17Abraham prayed to God, and God healed Abimelech and his wife and his maids, so that they bore children. 18For the LORD had closed fast all the wombs of the household of Abimelech because of Sarah, Abraham's wife

Obviously before the Prayers and the healing Abraham must have already forgiven Abimelech.

Further more in the book of John (in which, remember, christianity had evolved it's theology) Jesus even goes as far as giving his apostles the authority to Forgive sins or not.

John 20
23If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you withhold forgiveness from anyone, it is withheld.”

If we were to follow your reasoning then that would mean that Jesus had turned his apostles into God.

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by ichommy(m): 1:50pm On Jan 01, 2017
hahn:

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by 4kings: 1:50pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

Pls do not go outside and be caught saying this. You would be termed as an illiterate!
Everyman has a philosophical position, a freethinker is one who rejects the one that is accepted, especially religion.
That does not make him devoid of an opinion.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 01, 2017
4kings:

Everyman has a philosophical position, a freethinker is one who rejects the one that is accepted, especially religion.
That does not make him devoid of an opinion.

[img]http://vikingsfootballblog.files./2012/08/funny-sports-pictures-quadruple-facepalm-e1300317290948.jpg[/img]
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 01, 2017
PastorAIO:

Look at statements A and B and tell me whether they contradict each other or not.

If you commit adultery you've transgressed your wife, the husband of the man you had adultery and all others involved, possibly even yourself too. Any of these people can forgive you.

If you use the name of God in vain, apparently it offends god. It is the person offended that should do the forgiving.

There was a belief in those days that infirmities were the results of Sin. If someone is crippled it must be either that the person committed a sin or maybe his parents committed a sin. First there is that connection between the two, infirmity and Sin.

It therefore follows that to Forgive sin is to Heal an infirmity, and vice versa Infirmity cannot be healed without the forgiveness of Sin, in the minds of 1st century Jews.

Since the scribes had issues with Jesus saying someone's sin is forgiven, would they have arguments against his healing of infirmity?

By saying only God can forgive sins they are also saying that only God can heal infirmity.

HOWEVER: When we look at the OT we see lots and lots of examples of people with their infirmities healed. Even cases where we are told clearly the sin that cause the infirmity and yet it is healed by human agency. Of course the ultimate healing comes from God, but through human agency.

Genesis 20
17Abraham prayed to God, and God healed Abimelech and his wife and his maids, so that they bore children. 18For the LORD had closed fast all the wombs of the household of Abimelech because of Sarah, Abraham's wife

Obviously before the Prayers and the healing Abraham must have already forgiven Abimelech.

Further more in the book of John (in which, remember, christianity had evolved it's theology) Jesus even goes as far as giving his apostles the authority to Forgive sins or not.

John 20
23If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you withhold forgiveness from anyone, it is withheld.”

If we were to follow your reasoning then that would mean that Jesus had turned his apostles into God.

As much as i would have loved to correct all the error filled gist you just gave i know it would be a waste of time so suffice to say that your write up is heavily laden with error, confusion and deceitful interpretation of scripture.

This is a New day in a new year and i am not just in the mood for arguments today.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by 4kings: 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

[]
At least, you could teach me.
Why not explain why what I said does not make sense.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2017
hahn:

Probably , but I am not one of his minions or followers.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by DoctorAlien(m): 1:59pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

As much as i would have loved to correct all the error filled gist you just gave i know it would be a waste of time so suffice to say that your write up is heavily laden with error, confusion and deceitful interpretation of scripture.

This is a New day in a new year and i am not just in the mood for arguments today.

You just took the words outta my mouth.

I just don't have the strength to tackle his delusions. He should just go on.

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by 4kings: 1:59pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

Na by mouth abi... grin
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by PastorAIO: 2:00pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

It is specifically affirmed that the Holy Spirit inspired the writings of the books of the Bible. You may say He does not inspire everything but that stops when it comes to the words found in scripture.

[s]There is inspiration everywhere. The will of God is at work throughout all of history everywhere. Everything is inspired.

It funny that you quote precept upon precept, line upon line, because that seems to be precisely what you are incapable of doing.

But to the rest I, not the Lord, say : If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her.
Corinthians 7.

Unless you want to argue with the bible itself. Here we see that the divine inspiration is expressly disavowed.

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by 4kings: 2:01pm On Jan 01, 2017
Kilo4sure I dey see you wink

Happy new year!!! smiley
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by PastorAIO: 2:05pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

That's okay, the day you are in the mood you can come back to it and address it.

DoctorAlien:

You just took the words outta my mouth.

I just don't have the strength to tackle his delusions. He should just go on.

Funny how from each person's points of view everyone else is deluded. And of course DoctorAlien talks about meeting the True god, whereas all the others are counterfeit ('there is no counterfeit without real'). aaahhh!

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by DoctorAlien(m): 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2017
PastorAIO:

That's okay, the day you are in the mood you can come back to it and address it.

Funny how from each person's points of view everyone else is deluded. And of course DoctorAlien talks about meeting the True god, whereas all the others are counterfeit ('there is no counterfeit without real'). aaahhh!

Erm, just believe whatever you want to believe, okay? It does not change anything!

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 01, 2017
PastorAIO:

But to the rest I, not the Lord, say : If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her.
Corinthians 7.

Unless you want to argue with the bible itself. Here we see that the divine inspiration is expressly disavowed.

Like DoctorAlien said the scripture is line upon line, precept upon precept.

If i get married to my wife at a time when we were both unbelievers and along the line either she or i get born again why should i divorce her? If she is willing to live with me why should i divorce her? if she is unwilling to live with me i still did not divorce her SHE DIVORCED ME!
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 01, 2017
Abeg i have my lunch before me. I need to eat
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by PastorAIO: 2:15pm On Jan 01, 2017
PastorAIO:

[size=3pt]

Genesis 20

John 20

[/size]

Let me summarize: Jews thought that only God can Forgive. Jesus demonstrated that Humans could forgive too. And furthermore goes on to give his apostles the authority to Forgive.

Therefore we can say that the Authority to forgive sins is transferable and not an inextricable trait of God. Authority to Forgive sins does not make you God. If it did then Jesus' apostles and their descendants would all be God.

One last Final: Authority to Forgive Sins does not equate you to God.

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Wilgrea7(m): 2:19pm On Jan 01, 2017
frosbel2:

Sounds plausible but this is a very minority view in most of christendom.

true sir

Happy new year Sir
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by PastorAIO: 2:19pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

Like DoctorAlien said the scripture is line upon line, precept upon precept.

If i get married to my wife at a time when we were both unbelievers and along the line either she or i get born again why should i divorce her? If she is willing to live with me why should i divorce her? if she is unwilling to live with me i still did not divorce her SHE DIVORCED ME!

The point is that Paul is giving his own personal advice. I'm not criticising what he said. I'm not saying you should divorce anybody. I highlighted the point I was making.

Paul was giving his own personal advice and admits it, and it is a part of our bible. Therefore the bible is not entirely inspired by the holdy spirit.
Geddit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Shiloh 2017: Day 1, Opening Service / If Your Bride Price Is Not Paid You Can Never See God- Female Preacher(video) / See Facts About The Return Of Christ Maybe You Didn't Know

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57