Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

The Bible Taken Out Of Context? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Taken Out Of Context? (6241 Views)

Atheist, Maobi Carl Freed After His Abduction & Being Taken To Psychiatric Home / Whose Medicine Are You Taking? The Dangers Of Taking Scriptures Out Of Context / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by felixomor: 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

Ya right! grin

You're just doing exactly what the video depicted, let me just sit back and laugh.. grin

Spend money kid. Get those resources.
Trust me, ignorance is more expensive.
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2016
felixomor:

Spend money kid. Get those resources.
Trust me, ignorance is more expensive.

Indeed ignorance is expensive but worse still, insanity is real when you fight someone whom to you does not exist and then you turn to the Christians and say God is our imaginary friend.

cheesy cheesy

I guess they are also fighting an imaginary God! grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2016
4everGod:

The sword was figurative and it meant A SPLIT...A DIVISION....Same thing that happened when The parents of Jesus came to meet him at the temple and message was brought to Jesus that His parents were outside looking for Him and His response was WHO ARE MY PARENTS OR MY BROTHERS OR SISTERS....THOSE WHO DO THE WILL OF MY FATHER ARE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND MOTHER AND FATHER....That is the division the sword was talking about.

It means nothing else should matter except your salvation even if it means going against the dictates of your family which contravene the scriptures DO SO!

Oooooohhhh... The sword meant division, tell me more. . Just exactly what the video depicted, that's still what am seeing.. And I repeat, even if Jesus said "kill those who blaspheme", you'll interpret the "kill" as "preach to them".. . Nawa o..
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

Oooooohhhh... The sword meant division, tell me more. . Just exactly what the video depicted, that's still what am seeing.. And I repeat, even if Jesus said "kill those who blaspheme", you'll interpret the "kill" as "preach to them".. . Nawa o..

Did Jesus exist? Does God exist? Benzics how real is God to you?

On a scale of 1-10 how real is God to you?
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Deicide: 8:09pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

Guy you suppose to don know who you day Quote na grin jealousy = security

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by felixomor: 8:10pm On Dec 31, 2016
4everGod:

Indeed ignorance is expensive but worse still, insanity is real when you fight someone whom to you does not exist and then you turn to the Christians and say God is our imaginary friend.

cheesy cheesy

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2016
4everGod:

cheesy cheesy

Same way you criticize movie characters cool
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 31, 2016
I am sure some people who should know that an online dictionary is free still never make use of such. They reason from a black hole obviously and probably focus more on downloading video games than actually seeking knowledge which is why every single person on NL notices their shallow level of reasoning on first contact.

www.dictionary.com/browse/jealous

jealous
ˈdʒɛləs/
adjective
feeling or showing an envious resentment of someone or their achievements, possessions, or perceived advantages.
"she was always jealous of me"
synonyms: envious, covetous, desirous; More
antonyms: admiring, proud
feeling or showing a resentful suspicion that one's partner is attracted to or involved with someone else.
"a jealous husband"
synonyms: suspicious, distrustful, mistrustful, doubting, insecure, anxious; More
fiercely protective of one's rights or possessions.
"the men were proud of their achievements and jealous of their independence"
synonyms: protective, defensive, vigilant, watchful, heedful, mindful, careful, solicitous, attentive
"they are very jealous of their rights"
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Edenoscar(m): 8:17pm On Dec 31, 2016
Hmmm the way christians twist bible verses, so sword now mean division. Let me watch the video first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

Same way you criticize movie characters cool

Which movie Characters? Does God exist to you? You and I see the movie characters physically so we both can criticize. You on the other hand do not believe in a spiritually existing God but i do yet you spend time criticizing someone who to you does not exist!

Is He not an imaginary enemy to you?

You need a shrink kid.
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 31, 2016
Edenoscar:
Hmmm the way christians twist bible verses, so sword now mean division. Let me watch the video first

Sword is used to split or divide same way you use a knife to split a cake or cut it. You can keep being dishonest.
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by hopefulLandlord: 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2016
Edenoscar:

Jesus didn't really die on the cross, dying on the cross represents shame and rejection

God didn't really flood the world, the Flood represents cleaning the unclean, he wiped their hearts off evil deeds and they kept on living

Jesus didn't heal anyone, healing there represents courage and eating food

Jesus wasn't born of a virgin, virgin there represents born again since old things become new a spiritual hymen appears before the vag

Joseph wasn't really a carpenter, carpenter there represents male prostitute who crafts new creative clothing to help his business

god didn't really create the world by word, word there represents............

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:28pm On Dec 31, 2016
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household." Matt. 10:34-36

Anybody who cannot see that the above is talking about division is either not intelligent or dishonest.

Have you asked yourself why verse 35 starts with the word "for"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien Do you see how some peoples imagination can be running wild? They say God does not exist yet they keep fighting and lashing out at the same God that does not exist to them and they would turn to you and me and say Our God is imaginary. It makes me wonder who it is they are actually lashing out against and opening threads about or making hateful comments about?

Could their imagination also not be conjuring up images of this God as real? Or are they simply going crazy and fighting their imagination.

I dey ask because i am not understanding again o cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household." Matt. 10:34-36

Anybody who cannot see that the above is talking about division is either not intelligent or dishonest.

I would go with both options.
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 8:32pm On Dec 31, 2016
4everGod:

Which movie Characters? Does God exist to you? You and I see the movie characters physically so we both can criticize. You on the other hand do not believe in a spiritually existing God but i do yet you spend time criticizing someone who to you does not exist!

Is He not an imaginary enemy to you?

You need a shrink kid.
Lol, do you read novels? Don't you also criticize characters in the novel? Don't you read stories in the literature section? Can't you criticize the characters in the story? The Bible is a novel! And we are free as hell, to criticize any character we want!
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2016
4everGod:
Do you see how some peoples imagination can be running wild? They say God does not exist yet they keep fighting and lashing out at the same God that does not exist to them and they would turn to you and me and say Our God is imaginary. It makes me wonder who it is they are actually lashing out against and opening threads about or making hateful comments about?

Could their imagination also not be conjuring up images of this God as real? Or are they simply going crazy and fighting their imagination.

I dey ask because i am not understanding again o cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

LOL. My brother amnotunderstanding too o. I wonder who wakes up by 3 am just to open a thread and attack something that does not exist.

Somebody asked a very pertinent question: do people throw stones at a tree bearing no ripe mango?

LOL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by hopefulLandlord: 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

Lol, do you read novels? Don't you also criticize characters in the novel? Don't you read stories in the literature section? Can't you criticize the characters in the story? The Bible is a novel! And we are free as hell, to criticize any character we want!

we criticize Game of Thrones characters, so they must be real to us cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 8:38pm On Dec 31, 2016
4everGod:

Did Jesus exist? Does God exist? Benzics how real is God to you?

On a scale of 1-10 how real is God to you?
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 8:40pm On Dec 31, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

lol.. His logic
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

You must be a Child to criticize characters in a Novel under the assumption they are real.

The Bible is not a Novel as no Novel has been so widely embraced and experienced like it which is why its known the world over as A HOLY BOOK.

By the way if you say you are free to criticize the characters in a novel....may i ask to what end? Will the characters read about or hear your criticism so they can change next time they want to be used in another novel?

If a character in a novel is Jack and Jack was a bad guy in the novel and you spend days and weeks and sleepless nights Criticizing Jack who happens to be non existent but only alive in the Novel how does this make you look?

Normal

Insane

Rational

Irrational

Plain stupid

I ask because only a mentally tortured soul would look upon the characters in a fictitious Novel whom they have not met or experienced or felt or heard from and begin to talk about them all day.

I remember when we were Kids and we would gather and be discussing VOLTRON and TOM and JERRY or CAPTAIN PLANET as if they were actually real characters appearing in the television but as we grew up we realized they were all unreal and then we knew that ONLY KIDS REASON THAT WAY especially now that we know better as adults.

WOULD I BE WRONG TO CALL YOU A KID?
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by hopefulLandlord: 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:

LOL. My brother amnotunderstanding too o. I wonder who wakes up by 3 am just to open a thread and attack something that does not exist.

time isn't the same everywhere in the world and not every Nairalaner is in Nigeria

BTW there's no officially appointed time to poke holes in delusions

Somebody asked a very pertinent question: do people throw stones at a tree bearing no ripe mango?

LOL.

so Islam must be true too then cuz your brother you're conversing with attacks them a lot, even creates new monickers to attack only Islam, so it must be "ripe mango"

I know one of you that has about 200 threads on atheism so it must be "ripe mango" to him

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2016
Edenoscar:
lol, bro d thing tire me
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Deicide: 8:45pm On Dec 31, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Of course
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by mrmrmister: 8:45pm On Dec 31, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Out of context grin grin
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 8:49pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:

HopefulLandlord, Edenoscar, 4evergod, Deicide

Ok, let's agree it means division, so is dividing people peaceful? I thought Jesus was perfect and a prince of peace? But he also said" HE CAME NOT TO BRING PEACE ".. . Felixomor, is this not another contradiction? Abi it's out of context? grin

1 Like

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:51pm On Dec 31, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
time isn't the same everywhere in the world and not every Nairalaner is in Nigeria

BTW there's no officially appointed time to poke holes in delusions
The ones who wake up by 3 am to create vitriolic threads against something that does not exist to them know themselves.

so Islam must be true too then cuz your brother you're conversing with attacks them a lot, even creates new monickers to attack only Islam, so it must be "ripe mango"

I know one of you that has about 200 threads on atheism so it must be "ripe mango" to him

At least he knows that he is fighting to deliver people out of the hand of the demon called allah. His wrestle is against a demon which exists and enslaves many people. We wrestle against Satan and any way he manifests himself, be it islam, or atheism, hoping, perhaps, to save some souls on the way to destruction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:52pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:
Ok, let's agree it means division, so is dividing people peaceful? I thought Jesus was perfect and a prince of peace? But he also said" HE CAME NOT TO BRING PEACE ".. . is this not another contradiction? Abi it's out of context? grin

You're too unintelligent to quote me.

Please just continue ranting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

HopefulLandlord, Edenoscar, 4evergod, Deicide

Ok, let's agree it means division, so is dividing people peaceful? I thought Jesus was perfect and a prince of peace? But he also said" HE CAME NOT TO BRING PEACE ".. . Felixomor, is this not another contradiction? Abi it's out of context? grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy The Childish way you reason is astonishing!!!

History demonstrates that Jesus never wielded a sword against anyone, and in Matt. 10:34 he does not order his followers to swing one either, in order to kill their family opponents or for any reason. But a true disciple who is worthy of following Christ and who comes from a possibly hostile family has to use a sword of the will (never a physical sword) to sever away all opposition, even as far as taking up his cross. It is true that Jesus divides the world into two camps, those who follow him, and those who do not, those in the light, and those in the dark. However, he never tells his followers to wage war on everyone else, and certainly not on one’s family.

You should note that this applies only if the family rejects the new convert, not if the family accepts him in his new faith; he must not reject them, because the whole point of Jesus’ advent is to win as many people to his side as possible, even if this divides the world in two, but never violently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by hopefulLandlord: 8:58pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:
The ones who wake up by 3 am to create vitriolic threads against something that does not exist to them know themselves.

there's no officially set aside time to poke holes in delusions, Nairaland is open 24/7/365 so any time is fair game

stop trying to use persecuted mindset

At least he knows that he is fighting to deliver people out of the hand of the demon called allah.

the atheist is also fighting to deliver people out of the hands of delusion

you can see my comment https://www.nairaland.com/3535066/take-gospel-story-quiz-prove/8#52421512 for more explanations

His wrestle is against a demon which exists and enslaves many people.

we poke holes in delusions which are real to the deluded

1 Like

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by hopefulLandlord: 8:58pm On Dec 31, 2016
mrmrmister:

Out of context grin grin
agreed cheesy
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 9:05pm On Dec 31, 2016
4everGod:

You must be a Child to criticize characters in a Novel under the assumption they are real.

The Bible is not a Novel as no Novel has been so widely embraced and experienced like it which is why its known the world over as A HOLY BOOK.

By the way if you say you are free to criticize the characters in a novel....may i ask to what end? Will the characters read about or hear your criticism so they can change next time they want to be used in another novel?

If a character in a novel is Jack and Jack was a bad guy in the novel and you spend days and weeks and sleepless nights Criticizing Jack who happens to be non existent but only alive in the Novel how does this make you look?

Normal

Insane

Rational

Irrational

Plain stupid

I ask because only a mentally tortured soul would look upon the characters in a fictitious Novel whom they have not met or experienced or felt or heard from and begin to talk about them all day.

I remember when we were Kids and we would gather and be discussing VOLTRON and TOM and JERRY or CAPTAIN PLANET as if they were actually real characters appearing in the television but as we grew up we realized they were all unreal and then we knew that ONLY KIDS REASON THAT WAY especially now that we know better as adults.

WOULD I BE WRONG TO CALL YOU A KID?
First, we don't criticize god under the assumption that he is real!

Lol.. What if someone walks up to you and say he hates batman because batman is more like a bad guy, that opens an opportunity for a fun-driven argument, you guys can discuss about batman...

That's Exactly our stand on the criticisms of the Christian God, people actually believe he is real and good, and even try to make us believe in him.. Why the hell won't we criticize him?..

When someone walks up to you and says Harry Potter is real, can't you tell him Harry Potter is not real? Can't you discuss Harry Potter's role in the movie?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pay Debt Or Pay Tithe / Pastor Sunday Adelaja Sets The Record Straight On Ukraine Fraud Charges Story / Happy 52 Birthday To Pastor David Ibiyeomie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.