Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

The Bible Taken Out Of Context? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Taken Out Of Context? (6257 Views)

Atheist, Maobi Carl Freed After His Abduction & Being Taken To Psychiatric Home / Whose Medicine Are You Taking? The Dangers Of Taking Scriptures Out Of Context / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:
The ones who wake up by 3 am to create vitriolic threads against something that does not exist to them know themselves.

At least he knows that he is fighting to deliver people out of the hand of the demon called allah. His wrestle is against a demon which exists and enslaves many people. We wrestle against Satan and any way he manifests himself, be it islam, or atheism, hoping, perhaps, to save some souls on the way to destruction.

My brother can you tell me how one can be raging against someone whom he says is unreal and in his rage he is telling another who knows God is real that He is not as if his mind is healthy while that of the believer is sick so the believer has no right to question his stance that says GOD DOES NOT EXIST as being also a creation of his deluded mind.

In other words He claims the Christian is delusional for believing and knowing God exists but he is not delusional for knowing and believing God does not exist.

He has become the Judge and Jury cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Surely even in an insane court room that is termed as Judicial rascality!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

First, we don't criticize god under the assumption that he is real!

Lol.. What if someone walks up to you and say he hates batman because batman is more like a bad guy, that opens an opportunity for a fun-driven argument, you guys can discuss about batman...

That's Exactly our stand on the criticisms of the Christian God, people actually believe he is real and good, and even try to make us believe in him.. Why the hell won't we criticize him?..

When someone walks up to you and says Harry Potter is real, can't you tell him Harry Potter is not real? Can't you discuss Harry Potter's role in the movie?

If you understood the comment you just responded to you would not still be citing Batman or Harry Potter to me. Only kids reason the way you do.

Intelligence is something you need to strive for when making presentations or raising arguments. Matured minds do not present such examples when debating serious issues.
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2016
4everGod:

My brother can you tell me how one can be raging against someone whom he says is unreal and in his rage he is telling another who knows God is real that He is not as if his mind is healthy while that of the believer is sick so the believer has no right to question his stance that says GOD DOES NOT EXIST as being also a creation of his deluded mind.

In other words He claims the Christian is delusional for believing and knowing God exists but he is not delusional for knowing and believing God does not exist.

He has become the Judge and Jury cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Surely even in an insane court room that is termed as Judicial rascality!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Exactly. To them, anybody that is a Christian is deluded. But as far as you're not a Christian, and you deride GOD, you're very very rational and wise.

Perfect logic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2016
We need to start taking the Bible "into context".

Let's start from the scratch.

Gen 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Felixomor, 4evergod

Is this out of context?
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by hopefulLandlord: 9:11pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:
We wrestle against Satan and any way he manifests himself, be it islam, or atheism, hoping, perhaps, to save some souls on the way to destruction.

this sounds like red herring, your logic is that Christianity must be "Ripe Mango" to us because we attack it

same logic applies to your friend that creates new monickers just to attack Islam, must be ripe mango too to him, any attempt at invalidating this example invalidates the previous paragraph

Same logic also applies to one of you that has about 200 threads attacking atheism, Atheism must be "ripe mango" to him too

an idea isn't "ripe mango" because its being attacked

3 Likes

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 9:12pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien:

You're too unintelligent to quote me.

Please just continue ranting.
Says the man who claims allah is a devil grin when you drop myopia, I think things would become better to you.. What's the difference between allah and yahweh? Exactly like in the video above , he was quick to criticize violent passages from the Quran but calls it "out of context" when it's from the Bible...

Bunch of myopic beings!

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 31, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
We need to start taking the Bible "into context".

Let's start from the scratch.

Gen 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Felixomor, 4evergod

Is this out of context?

You cannot eat your cake and have it! What is the purpose of the "cake" in that statement?
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by hopefulLandlord: 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

Says the man who claims allah is a devil grin when you drop myopia, I think things would become better to you.. What's the difference between allah and yahweh? Exactly like in the video above , he was quick to criticize violent passages from the Quran but calls it "out of context" when it's from the Bible...

Bunch of myopic beings!

I doubt he watched the video

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 31, 2016
DoctorAlien The Trolls are gathering!! grin grin grin

Anyone who reads the thread knows we have cleared all doubt. They can continue chatting among themselves. Lets leave them shall we?
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 9:15pm On Dec 31, 2016
4everGod:

If you understood the comment you just responded to you would not still be citing Batman or Harry Potter to me. Only kids reason the way you do.

Intelligence is something you need to strive for when making presentations or raising arguments. Matured minds do not present such examples when debating serious issues.

Lol.. You think you're intelligent? You think Harry Potter and batman is childish but yahweh isn't grin

Imaginary characters dude, imaginary characters!

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Deicide: 9:20pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

Lol.. You think you're intelligent? You think Harry Potter and batman is childish but yahweh isn't grin

Imaginary characters dude, imaginary characters!

1 Like

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:30pm On Dec 31, 2016
4everGod:
DoctorAlien The Trolls are gathering!! grin grin grin

Anyone who reads the thread knows we have cleared all doubt. They can continue chatting among themselves. Lets leave them shall we?

Of course bro. Staying too much in their midst tends to cloud one's reasoning and thought processes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by felixomor: 9:42pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

HopefulLandlord, Edenoscar, 4evergod, Deicide

Ok, let's agree it means division, so is dividing people peaceful? I thought Jesus was perfect and a prince of peace? But he also said" HE CAME NOT TO BRING PEACE ".. . Felixomor, is this not another contradiction? Abi it's out of context? grin

We can differ and not be enemies.

I dont know what u r driving at.
I and my parents are divided on many issues, it doesn't reduce their love for me.

Nor does it reduce mine for them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 10:21pm On Dec 31, 2016
felixomor:

We can differ and not be enemies.

I dont know what u r driving at.
I and my parents are divided on many issues, it doesn't reduce their love for me.

Nor does it reduce mine for them.
Shiiiiiiiit!! Here you go again, so it's no longer division, but "peaceful division"? Unfortunately, the passage disagrees with that!
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by felixomor: 10:28pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

Shiiiiiiiit!! Here you go again, so it's no longer division, but "peaceful division"? Unfortunately, the passage disagrees with that!

Of course, division does not mean enemy.
I dont have to give u lecture on that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by sonmvayina(m): 12:23am On Jan 01, 2017
God is not a MAN...i wonder how people know what it wants and hates..welll the ONLY way to communicate with God is through an oracle..That is what the bible is..an oracle for judaism..other people have theirs. you greeks have the sybil oracle and the egyptians had the metu neter....
whatever the diviner or babalawo says is the word of God and if we have noticed from our nollywood movies, they always answers in parables..it is this that the jews has developed into the stories we now have in the bible..
it will be difficult for us to understand it cos it does not tell our story..it will be. hard for me an ibo man to understand an ibibio parable...not to talk of the far away israel..
we should come back home and embrace our spirituality..there is nothing demonic about it..
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by sonmvayina(m): 1:43am On Jan 01, 2017
My land lord in london is jewish and any time he comes for his rent we normally had some chat and he does not cease to point out how foolish we blacks are, he told me the stories there are all allegorical with spiritual messages for their. knowledge...in other words the bible is a spiritual manual not a history textbook..
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 1:44am On Jan 01, 2017
felixomor:

Of course, division does not mean enemy.
I dont have to give u lecture on that.
Lol.. Anything that rocks your boat.. Just know that the passage wasn't talking about anything peaceful!
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 1:45am On Jan 01, 2017
sonmvayina:
My land lord in london is jewish and any time he comes for his rent we normally had some chat and he does not cease to point out how foolish we blacks are, he told me the stories there are all allegorical with spiritual messages for their. knowledge...in other words the bible is a spiritual manual not a history textbook..
So you believe your landlord because he is

1 Like

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 1:48am On Jan 01, 2017
sonmvayina:
God is not a MAN...i wonder how people know what it wants and hates..welll the ONLY way to communicate with God is through an oracle..That is what the bible is..an oracle for judaism..other people have theirs. you greeks have the sybil oracle and the egyptians had the metu neter....
whatever the diviner or babalawo says is the word of God and if we have noticed from our nollywood movies, they always answers in parables..it is this that the jews has developed into the stories we now have in the bible..
it will be difficult for us to understand it cos it does not tell our story..it will be. hard for me an ibo man to understand an ibibio parable...not to talk of the far away israel..
we should come back home and embrace our spirituality..there is nothing demonic about it..
Who wrote the Bible? And how'd you know it's spiritual? Amma mention you in a thread to see how your god was created
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by sonmvayina(m): 1:53am On Jan 01, 2017
benzics:

Who wrote the Bible? And how'd you know it's spiritual? Amma mention you in a thread to see how your god was created

Ezra wrote the laws..that is from genrsis to kings. while the preist and prophets wrote the rest..some was gotten from the egyptians like the psalms and proverbs..
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 1:56am On Jan 01, 2017
sonmvayina:

Ezra wrote the laws..that is from genrsis to kings. while the preist and prophets wrote the rest..some was gotten from the egyptians like the psalms and proverbs..
And you automatically knew that they were from a God?
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by sonmvayina(m): 1:57am On Jan 01, 2017
benzics:

So you believe your landlord because he is

because it is part of his heritage...i dont have to doubt him just as i wont argue with my friend Owen Obaseki about the Igue festival in benin ci.ty
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by sonmvayina(m): 2:04am On Jan 01, 2017
benzics:

And you automatically knew that they were from a God?

i never said it is/was from God...i said they wrote it for their religion which is judaism..it is a jewish oracle for judaism..it is what they believe...
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 2:05am On Jan 01, 2017
sonmvayina:

because it is part of his heritage...i dont have to doubt him just as i wont argue with my friend Owen Obaseki about the Igue festival in benin ci.ty
ignorance is bliss.. Enjoy! Because he is a Jew? Some people though..
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 2:07am On Jan 01, 2017
sonmvayina:

i never said it is/was from God...i said they wrote it for their religion which is judaism..it is a jewish oracle for judaism..it is what they believe...
Then what was that comment for? That the Bible is like an oracle for god? And how'd you know god is not man?
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by felixomor: 2:55am On Jan 01, 2017
benzics:

Lol.. Anything that rocks your boat.. Just know that the passage wasn't talking about anything peaceful!

Yeah right.
I told u to go buy concordance.

Start from there, before u start understanding Passages in the bible.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by rhektor(m): 7:27am On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

Indeed ignorance is expensive but worse still, insanity is real when you fight someone whom to you does not exist and then you turn to the Christians and say God is our imaginary friend.

cheesy cheesy

I guess they are also fighting an imaginary God! grin grin grin

And that is even worse than belief in deities, imagine one fighting and sweating without an opponent isn't that insane?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Being A Worker In Church The Only Way To Serve God? / To The Atheist In The House. / The Mercy & Grace Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.