Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,901 members, 7,866,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:34 PM

23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures (155880 Views)

Onitsha Ofala Festival Of Obi Of Onitsha Kicks Off- PICTURES / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna Got A Jeep As A Gift. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammarT: 12:29am On Jan 04, 2017
gregyboy:
Reason y i gat to be proud of benin were i came from
1.benin historys linked and controlled most majour ethinic group in nigeria eg ibos and yorubas and the hausas and sub etnic group
2. With a few population b4 the advent of the white man the benis controlled a country who is seventh most populated country in the world
3.only ethnic group in africa went on war with the british but lost due to betrayal
4.the benins have an art work that is globally recogonise in the world if u doubt check a current dictionary for benin bronze
5.a kingdom that never sold themselves as slaves but olders as one

....my fellow brothers u have to be proud not only because u worth it but u deserve it ther is a saying that osigbalor gha ru dogun ogha torie sota or kpowmen igbehe'

SHATTAP! U BORROWED GUNS FROM PORTUGESE AND BRITISH TO GO AND KIDNAP UR FELLOW AFRICANS AND SELL DEM INTO SLAVERY.

WAT IS THEIR TO BE PROUD OF IN THAT?

U AND THE ARO CONFEDERATION, OYO EMPIRE, ASANTI EMPIRE AND CO. BLOODY SLAVE TRADERS!

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 12:31am On Jan 04, 2017
gregyboy:
1.benin historys linked and controlled most majour ethinic group in nigeria eg ibos and yorubas and the hausas and sub etnic group
2. With a few population b4 the advent of the white man the benis controlled a country who is seventh most populated country in the world
3.only ethnic group in africa went on war with the british but lost due to betrayal
4.the benins have an art work that is globally recogonise in the world if u doubt check a current dictionary for benin bronze
5.a kingdom that never sold themselves as slaves but others as one

....my fellow brothers u have to be proud not only because u worth it but u deserve it ther is a saying that osigbalor gha ru dogun ogha torie sota or kpowmen igbehe'

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Ngozi123(f): 12:37am On Jan 04, 2017
BornStunner1:

THIS IS FUNNY TO YOU?

YOUR KIND OF PERSON IS CLEAR TO ME NOW!!
BYE!!
angry angry

I was referring to what he said to me- I meant that I didn't take his posts seriously. Perhaps that's British humour...

Btw, what do you mean by "your kind of person"?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Ngozi123(f): 12:43am On Jan 04, 2017
hammarT:
NGOZI123 I WILL COME TO U WITH MY NEW MONIKER. BIKO! grin

Please stop insulting people's mothers here; that's taking it way too far.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammarT: 12:44am On Jan 04, 2017
Ngozi123:

ASK DEM TO BAN THIS MONIKER?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gerg: 3:05am On Jan 04, 2017
gregyboy:
5.a kingdom that never sold themselves as slaves but olders as one

I do not agree with your number 3. Have you ever heard of the Ekukumeku war of the Aniomas?

I also read about the Ezea resistance of the Igbos. Saying Binis are the only ethnic group to resist the British is incorrect.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 8:09am On Jan 04, 2017
BornStunner1:

LÀHO!!
BIKO!!
PLEASE!!

I JUST BEGGED YOU IN 3 DIFFERENT LANGUAGES ( EDO>IGBO>ENGLISH)

GIVE US IGBO GIRLS ALL OF THEM AND DONT YOU DARE LEAVE OUT YOUR SISTER BECAUSE I WANT HER TOO!! cheesy
Naughty guy cheesycheesycheesy
What happened to your Bini women
See Igbo women are the future of Igboland, our wives, our sisters,our mothers and we'd not leave them for you. Instead of leaving them for you, we'd rather institute polygamy so they can go round again.
I don't deny the fact that some portions of the Western Igbo cultural sphere migrated from Benin, but have you considered the possibility of Idu(that's what we call Benin in Igbo) being established by Igbos
One of my friends is currently researching this and from his results, the first ogiso came from the East with his followers and established Igodo,probably around the same time the Ogeles established Agbor.
Anyway, I'd rather the Yoruba have Idu... As posited by makers of this Izoduwa/Oduduwa map. Take a look kiss

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 04, 2017
Culin:
do you want to be banned!
i'm a moderator, i kant be banned cheesy
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 8:13am On Jan 04, 2017
BornStunner1:

AS LONG AS YOU STAY IGBO YOU ARE ALSO BENIN!!
angry grin grin cheesy grin
Why not institute the teaching of Igbo in Benin city...at least its not wrong if Bini people learn the language their ancestors spoke wink

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 8:51am On Jan 04, 2017
hammarT:
hammerT

ASK DEM TO BAN THIS MONIKER?

HAVE YOU OPENED ANOTHER MONIKER SO I CAN BAN AGAIN grin
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gregyboy(m): 8:56am On Jan 04, 2017
cheruv:

Why not institute the teaching of Igbo in Benin city...at least its not wrong if Bini people learn the language their ancestors spoke wink

hahaha......who won learn am u or the igbos in benin
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 9:24am On Jan 04, 2017
gregyboy:

hahaha......who won learn am u or the igbos in benin
To further buttress the fact that they came from Bini... How can you claim they migrated out of Idu when nobody in Idu speaks Igbo... Does it make sense to you?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gregyboy(m): 12:44pm On Jan 04, 2017
cheruv:

To further buttress the fact that they came from Bini... How can you claim they migrated out of Idu when nobody in Idu speaks Igbo... Does it make sense to you?

yea big one when the blacks to europe they left der language thier culture everything behind and adopted the european lifestyle even there talking even in nigeria north edo thats they estako who are from the benis dont speak benin dont dress in benin attire dont even worship as a christans but muslim and dey still claim benin as there ancestral home so what do have to say to that they didnt actually migrated from benin
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2017
This is a fake map, drawn by a neanderthal. What is Sapele, Uromi, Benin, Auchi, Idah etc., doing inside an Oduduwa map?? shocked
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2017
gregyboy:

yea big one when the blacks to europe they left der language thier culture everything behind and adopted the european lifestyle even there talking even in nigeria north edo thats they estako who are from the benis dont speak benin dont dress in benin attire dont even worship as a christans but muslim and dey still claim benin as there ancestral home so what do have to say to that they didnt actually migrated from benin
We're talking about Great Igboland you're talking about Echako undecided if Igbos truly migrated from Idu like you claim,support the motion for the teaching and learning of Igbo in Benin city... At least it'd be dubbed that the Bini are returning to their roots.
Igboland has experienced three migratory movements which led to the formation of certain places. These movements are the Owere movement(500-800AD), Isu movement(800-1000AD) and Nri movement(900-1100AD).

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gregyboy(m): 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
cheruv:

We're talking about Great Igboland you're talking about Echako undecided if Igbos truly migrated from Idu like you claim,support the motion for the teaching and learning of Igbo in Benin city... At least it'd be dubbed that the Bini are returning to their roots.
Igboland has experienced three migratory movements which led to the formation of certain places. These movements are the Owere movement(500-800AD), Isu movement(800-1000AD) and Nri movement(900-1100AD).
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gregyboy(m): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
cheruv:

the ibos migrated from benin so benin should thought in igbo land not the other way round
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2017
gregyboy:

the ibos migrated from benin so benin should thought in igbo land not the other way round
Nope...I firmly believe there's no connection btwn Igbo and Idu but if you want that connection then its natural the house of Benin is Igbonized.
So you claim we're from Bini yet during the Biafran war of independence you massacred so many Anioma people in Benin city and Warri. That's one of the reasons I support the restoration of Biāfra... At least whatever remaining links Igbos have to Benin would be cut off.
Till then,keep deceiving yourself that Igbos came from Idu undecided

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gregyboy(m): 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
cheruv:

Nope...I firmly believe there's no connection btwn Igbo and Idu but if you want that connection then its natural the house of Benin is Igbonized.
So you claim we're from Bini yet during the Biafran war of independence you massacred so many Anioma people in Benin city and Warri. That's one of the reasons I support the restoration of Biāfra... At least whatever remaining links Igbos have to Benin would be cut off.
Till then,keep deceiving yourself that Igbos came from Idu undecided

incorrect during biafra we massacred the benins who couldnt identify themselves as benin or speak benin,the ibos the hausa etc who were not benins to keep our pple save
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammarT: 6:18pm On Jan 04, 2017
BornStunner1:

HAVE YOU OPENED ANOTHER MONIKER SO I CAN BAN AGAIN grin

u make me laugh. grin
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
hammarT:

u make me laugh. grin

BENIN BOY HOWFAR?

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2017
gregyboy:

incorrect during biafra we massacred the benins who couldnt identify themselves as benin or speak benin,the ibos the hausa etc who were not benins to keep our pple save
You're still saying what I said earlier... Your Bini people killed up to 5000 Igbos(of course Anioma are Igbos) btwn Benin city and agbor with a further two thousand in sapele and warri undecided
See Anioma at this point in time doesn't need that useless brotherhood with Bini people. With the passage of time,we'd either Igbonize Benin city itself or cut off whatever links Benin has to the East

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:21pm On Jan 04, 2017
Ngozi123:

Yes but you really need to tone it down a bit. Igbo women are not your enemy; without the support of Igbo women then Igbo men would be nothing and vice versa.

The bolded is so true... My sister, u are absolutely right, but i think Nigeria has outlive its usefulness if ever it was useful at all.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gerg: 12:27am On Jan 05, 2017
cheruv:

You're still saying what I said earlier... Your Bini people killed up to five Igbos(of course Anioma are Igbos) btwn Benin city and agbor with a further two thousand in sapele and warri undecided
See Anioma at this point in time doesn't need that useless brotherhood with Bini people. With the passage of time,we'd either Igbonize Benin city itself or cut off whatever links Benin has to the East
Who are you to speak for Anioma? Even the bone of contention here (Obi of Issele Uku) doesn't think in same direction as you. He went to Oba's palace to receive the Oba's fatherly blessing as tradition demands. Anioma people are not interested in the Igbo hatred. We are lovers and not haters like you easterners.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
gerg:
Who are you to speak for Anioma? Even the bone of contention here (Obi of Issele Uku) doesn't think in same direction as you. He went to Oba's palace to receive the Oba's fatherly blessing as tradition demands. Anioma people are not interested in the Igbo hatred. We are lovers and not haters like you easterners.
Am Anioma... So I've every right to speak for the whole Western Igbo cultural group. We're the same as our siblings to the East and lemme tell you something, we formed 40% of Biafra's military leadership... The Biafran chief of naval staff was from Agbor while that of air staff was from ukwuani.
Stop deceiving or hyping yourself on that Bini trash kos when the time comes,we the Western Igbo would do away with whatever Bini shit we've on us.
You hate the Igbo but love Anioma... And you think we're children to be deceived by such useless claims after massacring our people in 1967??
Abeg go and sit down!

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2017
Ngozi123:

If ur ban, get an alternate moniker, let play, dont miss out!
kiss
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gerg: 7:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
cheruv:

Am Anioma... So I've every right to speak for the whole Western Igbo cultural group. We're the same as our siblings to the East and lemme tell you something, we formed 40% of Biafra's military leadership... The Biafran chief of naval staff was from Agbor while that of air staff was from ukwuani.
Stop deceiving or hyping yourself on that Bini trash kos when the time comes,we the Western Igbo would do away with whatever Bini shit we've on us.
You hate the Igbo but love Anioma... And you think we're children to be deceived by such useless claims after massacring our people in 1967??
Abeg go and sit down!
No single Anioma person has the right to speak for the whole Anioma because Anioma is divided on this Igbo thing. The relationship and affinity Anioma has with Bini spans into millenium and you can't just wish that away. throw away Bini shit? you must be kidding. and you even agreed there are some Bini shit?

As for Biafra, there is difference between Biafra and Igbo. Even some Yorubas fought for Biafra, so tell me why Anioma's case is different? I am not Igbo but if war should break up in Nigeria and I were a soldier, I will fight for Biafra. I want Biafra but this doesn't mean I should throw away my Bini heritage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
gerg:
No single Anioma person has the right to speak for the whole Anioma because Anioma is divided on this Igbo thing. The relationship and affinity Anioma has with Bini spans into millenium and you can't just wish that away. throw away Bini shit? you must be kidding. and you even agreed there are some Bini shit?

As for Biafra, there is difference between Biafra and Igbo. Even some Yorubas fought for Biafra, so tell me why Anioma's case is different? I am not Igbo but if war should break up in Nigeria and I were a soldier, I will fight for Biafra. I want Biafra but this doesn't mean I should throw away my Bini heritage.

Wen u put it like that we are finally making progress.

I respect everybody culture and understand that certain western igbos share in the bini heritage.

It is so easy 4 people to share a common believe but due to mis understanding draw swords.

Biafra is not about igbo but changing the present system were the north take all and murder everybody else, supported by afonja.

It is not cultural but institutional. Every culture and language will be celebrated and protected under Biafra constitution.

Every ethnic group will have a right to produce President. In today Nigeria if i may ask, wen will a bini man be President?

Nigeria simply is not working. We will like Bini to join becos that means other tribes in Kogi can also be invited alongside the Igala.

There is nothing like igbo domination as igbo have no history of ever dominating anybody. That was just Nigeria propaganda to divide and rule us.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 10:51pm On Jan 05, 2017
gerg:

Its clear you're one of the descendants of the Bini army the Anioma resistance crushed in the great Ubulu war of 1755 and scattered their remnants all over Anioma. Every Anioma town from agbor in the West to onicha in the East to abo in the South all sent reinforcements to help defend Ubulu Ukwu during that Bini war of aggression. The only town that did not was Isele Ukwu.
You Edo descendants are recent settlers to Anioma... So when issues concerning Anioma are raised,it's pertinent that you allow the aborigines make the decision. As for your stance on Biāfra I'd appreciate that bkos outside the Igbo tag, Biāfra is another identity common to all "bia" speakers undecided

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 10:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
cheruv:

Its clear you're one of the descendants of the Bini army the Anioma resistance crushed in the great Ubulu war of 1755 and scattered their remnants all over Anioma. Every Anioma town from agbor in the West to onicha in the East to abo in the South all sent reinforcements to help defend Ubulu Ukwu during that Bini war of aggression. The only town that did not was Isele Ukwu.
You Edo descendants are recent settlers to Anioma... So when issues concerning Anioma are raised,it's pertinent that you allow the aborigines make the decision. As for your stance on Biāfra I'd appreciate that bkos outside the Igbo tag, Biāfra is another identity common to all "bia" speakers undecided

Guy, where is your information coming from? I have a detailed account of the Ubulu-Ukwu war with Idu and the military commanders that fought on both sides. The other towns in Ubulu clan (Ubulu-Unor and Ubulu-Okiti) did not send re-enforcements to Ubulu-Ukwu, not to talk of the whole of Anioma.

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 12:35am On Jan 06, 2017
cheruv:

This is the point, i was making to Ngozi123. They have migrants from Bini amongst them. Similarly in Bini, u will find western igbo migrants from Anioma. Migration is as old as mankind.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Cire80: 12:42am On Jan 06, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Guy, where is your information coming from? I have a detailed account of the Ubulu-Ukwu war with Idu and the military commanders that fought on both sides. The other towns in Ubulu clan (Ubulu-Unor and Ubulu-Okiti) did not send re-enforcements to Ubulu-Ukwu, not to talk of the whole of Anioma.
Don't mind this impostor. No Anioma person would ever say most of the things I see in his comments. I'm not surprised at all. This same guy was the one saying how Bini city was ruled by Igbo kings called ogisos and Ile Ife was ruled by Igbo kings called ogene. If this people can go as far as claiming Bini and Ile Ife, why wouldn't they claim Anioma that's a stone throw from them? Continue. Nobody is taking you serious anymore.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (74) (Reply)

A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures / Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! / 55 Different Yoruba Hairstyles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.