Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,005 members, 7,866,803 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:39 AM

23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures - Culture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures (156009 Views)

Onitsha Ofala Festival Of Obi Of Onitsha Kicks Off- PICTURES / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna Got A Jeep As A Gift. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 2:21am On Jan 06, 2017
Cire80:
Don't mind this impostor. No Anioma person would ever say most of the things I see in his comments. I'm not surprised at all. This same guy was the one saying how Bini city was ruled by Igbo kings called ogisos and Ile Ife was ruled by Igbo kings called ogene. If this people can go as far as claiming Bini and Ile Ife, why wouldn't they claim Anioma that's a stone throw from them? Continue. Nobody is taking you serious anymore.

IS NZEOGWU BINI?

IS KACHUKWU BINI?

IS IFEANYI OKOWA BINI?

IS LYNXXX BINI. AKA MR IGBO BOY TO THE CORE MEHN? (EDOZIEN)

IS NGOZI OKONJO BINI?

IS OKOCHA BINI.

ALL THE AFOREMENTIONED ARE ANIOMA PEOPLE AND DEY HAVE ALL PUBLICLY DECLARED THEY ARE IGBOS.

THEY SPEAK IGBO, LOOK IGBO, EAT IGBO FOOD AND ANSWER IGBO NAME.

YET U WANT TO CLAIM THEM AS BINI.

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 2:28am On Jan 06, 2017
BINI PEOPLE WERE ACTUALLY ORIGINALLY IGBOS.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 8:23am On Jan 06, 2017
Cire80:
Don't mind this impostor. No Anioma person would ever say most of the things I see in his comments. I'm not surprised at all. This same guy was the one saying how Bini city was ruled by Igbo kings called ogisos and Ile Ife was ruled by Igbo kings called ogene If this people can go as far as claiming Bini and Ile Ife, why wouldn't they claim Anioma that's a stone throw from them? Continue. Nobody is taking you serious anymore.
Biko kwa when did I say the highlight
So any Anioma that doesn't agree with your Bini shit is now suspect I see....if we've so much with Idu, why did they commit massacres on us when the Biafran armies were thrown out of the Midwest
Cire80 am 101% sure you're not Anioma so I'd appreciate that you keep mum whenever issues concerning the Western Igbos are being discussed. Bkos someone is keeping quiet doesn't mean you a foreigner to Anioma would now pull wool over our eyes undecided
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Yujin(m): 9:15am On Jan 06, 2017
The civil war dealt a deadly blow on the Igbo nation but thank God that we are strongly recovering. However, one persistent challenge here is with the history and origin of the Western portion of Igboland otherwise known as Anioma. Historians have been clear on the make up of that geographical area that a lot of migrations happened in there. The culture, customs and language shows a mixture of different groups of which the dominant ones are Igbo and Bini. Of the two, Igbo takes the major share in virtually all the activities of the people except in the area of Kingship or governance of the people. In Anioma, you find the same leadership titles as is found in Benin. When it comes to language and festivities, just few words and festivals are shared with Benin even though Benin was an empire with immense power that dominated a lot of lands and tribes. Why could her influence be so limited if actually the people of Anioma were erstwhile of Benin origin? This is a pertinent question to ask. Igbo on the other hand were never empire builders. They were more of republicans who prefer direct and inclusive governance of their communities. Like I wrote earlier, a lot of migrations happened and so the Igbo migrants into Anioma would be too big and with more power to have had their language and customs displace the former one if actually the earlier occupants of Aniomaland weren't Igbos. This of course is most improbable. That a lot of Anioma monarchs go to Benin for blessings and legitimacy does not equate their respective kingdoms as offshoot of Benin. Those conversant with empires and how they operate with their vassal states would agree that as long as an empire has suzerainty over another land, the leader of the vassal state would have to consistently get to the emperor for legitimacy to ward off any contender to the throne because failure to do that could see the monarch replaced with another of his kind. The problem today is that what was done before as a survival instinct today has been stamped as a tradition. How can you speak a language totally unrelated with another yet you go and get legitimacy from that throne which at present has no jurisdiction over you? It could only be a political set up that has been etched as tradition and never one birthed out of origin.
Anioma kings have always been from the people themselves except when new communities are formed. One clear example is using the Ugbodu community as an example. These people's history can be verified from the relics of their ancient language which was clearly not Benin. If the Edos were the aborigines of Aniomaland, won't the Ugbodu's have abandoned their Olukumi language for an edoid one? Why the tilt to Igbo language when there was clearly no imperial power to force them? Its very clear that anything 'unIgbo' in Aniomaland was an external influence.
Another pandoras box is this: did the Edo migrations happen only at their eastern flank? What about those on the western side towards Yorubaland? The case of having an 'Osemawe of Ondoland' as the paramount ruler of Ondo town the second largest and most important city in Ondo state tells a lot of stories. The influence of Benin is very clear here just as it is in Akure the capital but you will never hear her people disclaiming Yoruba because they realize that their King acknowledging the great Oba of Benin does not translate to having their origin from Edo. It was clearly a case of politics- Empire vs Vassal state.
I hope my long essay did shed some light at the grey areas and it is my wish that we embrace our history and make them source of friendship than bitterness. Trying to de-Igbonise Anioma will only leave the people lost just as our Ikwerre brethren are presently lost in articulation and history. It is my prayer that our people will stop this internal wranglings that bring no one any good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gregyboy(m): 10:06am On Jan 06, 2017
Yujin:
The civil war dealt a deadly blow on the Igbo nation but thank God that we are strongly recovering. However, one persistent challenge here is with the history and origin of the Western portion of Igboland otherwise known as Anioma. Historians have been clear on the make up of that geographical area that a lot of migrations happened in there. The culture, customs and language shows a mixture of different groups of which the dominant ones are Igbo and Bini. Of the two, Igbo takes the major share in virtually all the activities of the people except in the area of Kingship or governance of the people. In Anioma, you find the same leadership titles as is found in Benin. When it comes to language and festivities, just few words and festivals are shared with Benin even though Benin was an empire with immense power that dominated a lot of lands and tribes. Why could her influence be so limited if actually the people of Anioma were erstwhile of Benin origin? This is a pertinent question to ask. Igbo on the other hand were never empire builders. They were more of republicans who prefer direct and inclusive governance of their communities. Like I wrote earlier, a lot of migrations happened and so the Igbo migrants into Anioma would be too big and with more power to have had their language and customs displace the former one if actually the earlier occupants of Aniomaland weren't Igbos. This of course is most improbable. That a lot of Anioma monarchs go to Benin for blessings and legitimacy does not equate their respective kingdoms as offshoot of Benin. Those conversant with empires and how they operate with their vassal states would agree that as long as an empire has suzerainty over another land, the leader of the vassal state would have to consistently get to the emperor for legitimacy to ward off any contender to the throne because failure to do that could see the monarch replaced with another of his kind. The problem today is that what was done before as a survival instinct today has been stamped as a tradition. How can you speak a language totally unrelated with another yet you go and get legitimacy from that throne which at present has no jurisdiction over you? It could only be a political set up that has been etched as tradition and never one birthed out of origin.
Anioma kings have always been from the people themselves except when new communities are formed. One clear example is using the Ugbodu community as an example. These people's history can be verified from the relics of their ancient language which was clearly not Benin. If the Edos were the aborigines of Aniomaland, won't the Ugbodu's have abandoned their Olukumi language for an edoid one? Why the tilt to Igbo language when there was clearly no imperial power to force them? Its very clear that anything 'unIgbo' in Aniomaland was an external influence.
Another pandoras box is this: did the Edo migrations happen only at their eastern flank? What about those on the western side towards Yorubaland? The case of having an 'Osemawe of Ondoland' as the paramount ruler of Ondo town the second largest and most important city in Ondo state tells a lot of stories. The influence of Benin is very clear here just as it is in Akure the capital but you will never hear her people disclaiming Yoruba because they realize that their King acknowledging the great Oba of Benin does not translate to having their origin from Edo. It was clearly a case of politics- Empire vs Vassal state.
I hope my long essay did shed some light at the grey areas and it is my wish that we embrace our history and make them source of friendship than bitterness. Trying to de-Igbonise Anioma will only leave the people lost just as our Ikwerre brethren are presently lost in articulation and history. It is my prayer that our people will stop this internal wranglings that bring no one any good.

good right up but not going to pay respect to the oba is a choice of descision to the mornach the ondo failure to do so i see it as ego because the yoruba man has to much pride in him if it was even in the ondo mornach intention is people wont allow they will see it as downgrading the oyo empire.one thing u should no about the benins is that they are never a friend to nobody even to the ishans and estako so kill the biafras then were for thier safety it doesnt change the fact they saw them as brother
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gerg: 11:45am On Jan 06, 2017
cheruv:

Its clear you're one of the descendants of the Bini army the Anioma resistance crushed in the great Ubulu war of 1755 and scattered their remnants all over Anioma. Every Anioma town from agbor in the West to onicha in the East to abo in the South all sent reinforcements to help defend Ubulu Ukwu during that Bini war of aggression. The only town that did not was Isele Ukwu.
You Edo descendants are recent settlers to Anioma... So when issues concerning Anioma are raised,it's pertinent that you allow the aborigines make the decision. As for your stance on Biāfra I'd appreciate that bkos outside the Igbo tag, Biāfra is another identity common to all "bia" speakers undecided
This guy is not from Anioma. The common ignorance shown by the Igbos on Anioma issues is this aborigine talks. I have never heard this from an Anioma person before because Aniomas are not ignorant of their land. I can't start schooling you on this. I would be wasting my time on an imposter and impersonator.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gerg: 11:57am On Jan 06, 2017
Yujin:
For you to say the similarities between Edo and Anioma is limited to kingship shows you know nothing about Anioma. Do you know the level of similarities between Ika language and Edo languages? Many of the Edoid Ika words can also be found in Enuani and Ukwani languages. 90% of Ika cultures, festivals and chieftancy titles are Edo. What are you even saying?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gerg: 12:05pm On Jan 06, 2017
Yujin:
Before talking about how the Igbo came about to influence Anioma language so much, try to put the Igbo population as against Edo population into consideration then you will know how simple it is for Anioma to be Igbonized. Even as we are speaking, Ika is becoming more Igbonized. Even some other minority groups in Rivers and Bayelsa are getting Igbonized. Don't let prejudice to block you sense of reasoning
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Cire80: 12:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
cheruv:

Biko kwa when did I say the highlight
So any Anioma that doesn't agree with your Bini shit is now suspect I see....if we've so much with Idu, why did they commit massacres on us when the Biafran armies were thrown out of the Midwest
Cire80 am 101% sure you're not Anioma so I'd appreciate that you keep mum whenever issues concerning the Western Igbos are being discussed. Bkos someone is keeping quiet doesn't mean you a foreigner to Anioma would now pull wool over our eyes undecided
I've been a guest for a long time on this forum. I remember your moniker from way back. You're not Anioma. Stop switching.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 12:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
Cire80:
I've been a guest for a long time on this forum. I remember your moniker from way back. You're not Anioma. Stop switching.
Switching from what to what?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 1:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
gerg:
Before talking about how the Igbo came about to influence Anioma language so much, try to put the Igbo population as against Edo population into consideration then you will know how simple it is for Anioma to be Igbonized. Even as we are speaking, Ika is becoming more Igbonized. Even some other minority groups in Rivers and Bayelsa are getting Igbonized. Don't let prejudice to block you sense of reasoning
Ikas were Igbos long even before Iweka ascended the throne...stop creating issues where they're are none. If you say we're Igbonizing the isoko or any non Igboid tribes like those in bayelsa, then I'd take that serious. But for you to claim the ika are been Igbonized,all I'd do is just laugh because the ika are recovering from centuries of Bini oppression that started when the Bini conquered agbor in the Idu-Ika war of 1577.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
gerg:
For you to say the similarities between Edo and Anioma is limited to kingship shows you know nothing about Anioma. Do you know the level of similarities between Ika language and Edo languages? Many of the Edoid Ika words can also be found in Enuani and Ukwani languages. 90% of Ika cultures, festivals and chieftancy titles are Edo. What are you even saying?
I've taken time to study the cultures and languages of Bini and Ika and I can say that you're talking absolute trash!
Like the guy you quoted correctly said, the relationship btwn Idu and Ika is just related to the political sphere. Linguistically, ika and Bini are very different languages even though you'd see terms in ika that are Bini as expected of languages that are geographic neighbors but every other thing that defines a language shows that ika is as different from Bini as the sun is different from the moon
A good example that buttresses your claims is the ekpon...I read sometime ago that they're now switching from ishan language which is an Edoid language to ika which is an Igboid one.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gerg: 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
cheruv:

Ikas were Igbos long even before Iweka ascended the throne...stop creating issues where they're are none. If you say we're Igbonizing the isoko or any non Igboid tribes like those in bayelsa, then I'd take that serious. But for you to claim the ika are been Igbonized,all I'd do is just laugh because the ika are recovering from centuries of Bini oppression that started when the Bini conquered agbor in the Idu-Ika war of 1577.
The way Igbo people throw their history is amusing. Bini never conquered Agbor. there is nothing like Idu-Ika war. All the Ika communities that were formed in the fifteenth century were founded by members of Bini Royal family fleeing from the crises in the royal family.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 1:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
gerg:
The way Igbo people throw their history is amusing. Bini never conquered Agbor. there is nothing like Idu-Ika war. All the Ika communities that were formed in the fifteenth century were founded by members of Bini Royal family fleeing from the crises in the royal family.

Erm... Benin and Agbor actually fought at least two wars, and Benin did conquer Agbor. Also, I think you people are being too simplistic when you say all Ika communities were founded by members of Bini royal family. I am not contesting that some indeed were founded from Benin, but some were also of local origin. For information on Agbor origins, read the History of Agbor by Chief Iduuwe.

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
gerg:
The way Igbo people throw their history is amusing. Bini never conquered Agbor. there is nothing like Idu-Ika war. [s]All the Ika communities that were formed in the fifteenth century were founded by members of Bini Royal family fleeing from the crises in the royal family[/s].
You're the one that's misinformed cheesy very very obvious you've no knowledge of the relationship btwn the ika and the Idu. Anyway as a Bini you're trying to protect what you don't even have while your "otuedo website"(the last place I read up on these wars) says otherwise.
Bro, using the info your otuedo website tendered(lemme leave out the other sources) the Idu has waged two wars on the Anioma since Ewuare inaugurated the Bini empire in 1440. The wars are
1]the Ika war of 1577 in which Agbor was destroyed
2]the Ubulu war of 1755 in which was a stalemate
As for the scribed out part, I think you can do better than tell white lies undecided
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gerg: 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2017
cheruv:

I've taken time to study the cultures and languages of Bini and Ika and I can say that you're talking absolute trash!
Like the guy you quoted correctly said, the relationship btwn Idu and Ika is just related to the political sphere. Linguistically, ika and Bini are very different languages even though you'd see terms in ika that are Bini as expected of languages that are geographic neighbors but every other thing that defines a language shows that ika is as different from Bini as the sun is different from the moon
A good example that buttresses your claims is the ekpon...I read sometime ago that they're now switching from ishan language which is an Edoid language to ika which is an Igboid one.
You don't know what you are talking about. Ekpon is Ishan. For Ekpon that is an Ishan to start switching to Ika disproves the point you are trying to make and corroborates mine.

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Erm... Benin and Agbor actually fought at least two wars, and Benin did conquer Agbor. Also, I think you people are being too simplistic when you say all Ika communities were founded by members of Bini royal family. I am not contesting that some indeed were founded from Benin, but some were also of local origin. For information on Agbor origins, read the History of Agbor by Chief Iduuwe.
Gerg rush now and get this book so that you can be cured of your ignorance... I've read that book and its worth it
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
gerg:
You don't know what you are talking about. Ekpon is Ishan. For Ekpon that is an Ishan to start switching to Ika disproves the point you are trying to make and corroborates mine.
No bro in this particular case we're saying the same thing...I even heard the Igbonization stuff is spreading all over ishan land
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gerg: 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Bini and Agbor had many turbulent periods but it wasn't a war. and it wasn't as far back as the 15th century like that guy wants us to believe.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2017
gerg:
Bini and Agbor had many turbulent periods but it wasn't a war. and it wasn't as far back as the 15th century like that guy wants us to believe.

I don't know how you define war, but when you send out an Ezomo (war commander) at the head of an army to attack a town and the town sends out its own army to defend itself, it is a war, my friend.

Also 1577 is the 16th century, not the 15th, and it corresponds approximately to the time Oba Ehengbuda sent his Ezomo to attack and conquer Agbor.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 1:50pm On Jan 06, 2017
gerg:
Seriously you can be funny at times
Your Bini sources say its a war...the ika sources I've read also say its a war, so I wonder how you who am not sure is up to his sixties would claim otherwise undecided
Try and get that book the other guy prescribed... It'd go a long way in helping you
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by ehikwe22: 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
When classifying ethnicity, what are the things to put into consideration? For me they're history and origin, cultures, custom and traditions, kingship and village structure, festivals, music and dancing steps, traditional believe systems, food and cuisine, art and worldview. If you make a comparison of ika and Igbo putting these into consideration, you will find out ika is a million miles away from Igbo

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
BENIN DID NOT EVEN GO AFTER ESAN, IT IS IGBO. grin grin grin grin grin

I LIKE THIS. grin grin grin grin grin

ANIOMA MUST LEAVE IGBO AND SPEAK BINI. grin grin grin grin grin grin

OYA GO AND IMPLEMENT IT NAU. cool
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by vicenzo(m): 2:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
ehikwe22:
When classifying ethnicity, what are the things to put into consideration? For me they're history and origin, cultures, custom and traditions, kingship and village structure, festivals, music and dancing steps, traditional believe systems, food and cuisine, art and worldview. If you make a comparison of ika and Igbo putting these into consideration, you will find out ika is a million miles away from Igbo

This submission is irrational. You can't make a comparison between Ika and Igbo, as there is no group in the Igbo conglomerate known as Igbo.
You can make comparisons between Ika and it's Enuani neighbors, and then you can make a comparison between Enuani and Her Onitsha/ Idemili neighbors, then between Onitsha and Ogbaru, and between Ogbaru and Ukwuani/Ndokwa, between Ukwuani/Ndokwa/Ndoni and Oguta, between Oguta and orlu.

If you do this, you will notice a gradual shift of dialects, cultures, dressing styles, deities, etc as you move along
The further each Igbo speaking group are from each other, the more different their culture, dialects, dressing pattern, foods, etc will be.

This is a rational way of studying a dialect continuum like Igbo.
I'm sure you will find 98% similarities between Ika and their Enuani neighbors, who then share up to 90% similarity with Onitsha/Ogbaru, who share many similarities with Ukwuani/ Ndokwa/Ndoni, who are linked with the Ogutas in Imo state.

This is how it is in every large ethnic group.

You can't "come and go and be" comparing Igbo with Ika, it's as silly as comparing Ezza with Igbo, Nsukka with Igbo, Ngwa with Igbo, etc.
The question would arise, " who then are the Igbos" you are comparing these groups with.

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 2:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
ehikwe22:
When classifying ethnicity, what are the things to put into consideration? For me they're history and origin, cultures, custom and traditions, kingship and village structure, festivals, music and dancing steps, traditional believe systems, food and cuisine, art and worldview. [s]If you make a comparison of ika and Igbo putting these into consideration, you will find out ika is a million miles away from Igbo[/s]
Reallygrin
Am not surprised to see you say so...afterall you're probably among the descendants of the Bini soldiers that settled in ika after its conquest by Idu in 1577...but am certain that ehi certainly doesn't agree with you on that.
Now check the olukumi people in Anioma... Their language switched from Yoruba which was their original to Bini due to the imperial power of Benin. Later it switched from Bini to Igbo after the Anioma evicted the imperial forces in the ubulu war.
As for the scribed out part, I know you can do better than telling useless lies undecided
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 2:36pm On Jan 06, 2017
THE BINI GANG BANGERS, MAKE UNA READ WAT ISSELE UKWU PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT WHO DEY ARE AND THEIR ORIGIN.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issele_Ukwu

Issele Ukwu is a city in Nigeria's Delta State and headquarters for the Local Government Area of Aniocha North. It is also the Episcopal See of the Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Issele Ukwu.

It has its own post office and is served by the nearby new Asaba International

The community of Issele Ukwu is related to Kingdom of Nri. Oral traditions said that the founders of Issele Ukwu and the people of Nri came from the same source.[1]

Issele Ukwu is part of the ethnic territory of the Igbo people. The area is growing with immigrant communities of Itsekiri, Urhobo, Isoko, Ijaw, Hausa and Yoruba people .
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2017
COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON, THIS IS WAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING.

I HOPE NGOZI123 IS STILL FOLLOWING.

BINI ONLY HAPPENED AFTER THE COLONIALIST ARRIVED IN THE 15TH CENTURY. ARCHAEOLOGICAL DIG CONFIRMS IGBO WERE IN THE EAST BEFORE ANIOMA. THE EXPANSION TO PRESENT DAY ANIOMA WAS AT THE HEIGHT OF NRI KINGDOM.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Yujin(m): 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2017
gerg:
Take for instance Igbanke which is presently in Edo state. Virtually everything about their language and customs scream Igbo. There traditional ruler goes by the title Eze and not even Obi. Will you say it was the Igbos across the R . Niger that influence them? Look that the sentence construction of the Ikas: it is clearly Igbo. Languages which were and are Edoid can still be identified through lots of similarities. Urhobos, Isokos, Ishans, Estakos clearly bear edoid language constructions but not the Ika language. Ika is purely of Igbo origin of course with bini loan words. Ika barely has any traceable link with SE Igbo groups but still speak like the Owerre Igbo subgroup. Their proximity to Bini did not erase those fundamental markers. Think about that.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by ehikwe22: 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2017
vicenzo:

This submission is irrational. You can't make a comparison between Ika and Igbo, as there is no group in the Igbo conglomerate known as Igbo.
You can make comparisons between Ika and it's Enuani neighbors, and then you can make a comparison between Enuani and Her Onitsha/ Idemili neighbors, then between Onitsha and Ogbaru, and between Ogbaru and Ukwuani/Ndokwa, between Ukwuani/Ndokwa/Ndoni and Oguta, between Oguta and orlu.

If you do this, you will notice a gradual shift of dialects, cultures, dressing styles, deities, etc as you move along
The further each Igbo speaking group are from each other, the more different their culture, dialects, dressing pattern, foods, etc will be.

This is a rational way of studying a dialect continuum like Igbo.
I'm sure you will find 98% similarities between Ika and their Enuani neighbors, who then share up to 90% similarity with Onitsha/Ogbaru, who share many similarities with Ukwuani/ Ndokwa/Ndoni, who are linked with the Ogutas in Imo state.

This is how it is in every large ethnic group.

You can't "come and go and be" comparing Igbo with Ika, it's as silly as comparing Ezza with Igbo, Nsukka with Igbo, Ngwa with Igbo, etc.
The question would arise, " who then are the Igbos" you are comparing these groups with.
you ended up not making any sense. Ika is not Igbo so you can make a comparison of ika and Igbo. If Ika is Igbo and another person say ika is from Bini, the right thing to do is to place ika side by side with Bini and Igbo and make an in depth comparison of the Igbo and Bini elements found in ika. If we should do this with all those things I listed, ika is a million miles away from Igbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:
THE BINI GANG BANGERS, MAKE UNA READ WAT ISSELE UKWU PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT WHO DEY ARE AND THEIR ORIGIN.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issele_Ukwu

Issele Ukwu is a city in Nigeria's Delta State and headquarters for the Local Government Area of Aniocha North. It is also the Episcopal See of the Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Issele Ukwu.

It has its own post office and is served by the nearby new Asaba International

The community of Issele Ukwu is related to Kingdom of Nri. Oral traditions said that the founders of Issele Ukwu and the people of Nri came from the same source.[1]

Issele Ukwu is part of the ethnic territory of the Igbo people. The area is growing with immigrant communities of Itsekiri, Urhobo, Isoko, Ijaw, Hausa and Yoruba people .

This is Wikipedia. Probably edited just a few minutes ago by a southeasterner. No Issele indigene will say his people came from Nri. None.

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gerg: 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
Yujin:

Take for instance Igbanke which is presently in Edo state. Virtually everything about their language and customs scream Igbo. There traditional ruler goes by the title Eze and not even Obi. Will you say it was the Igbos across the R . Niger that influence them? Look that the sentence construction of the Ikas: it is clearly Igbo. Languages which were and are Edoid can still be identified through lots of similarities. Urhobos, Isokos, Ishans, Estakos clearly bear edoid language constructions but not the Ika language. Ika is purely of Igbo origin of course with bini loan words. Ika barely has any traceable link with SE Igbo groups but still speak like the Owerre Igbo subgroup. Their proximity to Bini did not erase those fundamental markers. Think about that.
Traditional rulers of Igbanke is not Eze. Everything about Igbanke doesn't scream Igbo. look for another lie
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gerg: 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2017
Yujin:

I'm from Ika but I don't understand Owerri dialect of the Igbo language. The only similarity I noticed between my language and Owerri is "ri" as in ri mma and few others. Even all those Owerri singers, I don't understand anything they sing. It sounds like greek in an Ika man's ears except those that stayed in the East or does business there. So enough of this Ika and Owerri similarity stuffs I see here always.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (74) (Reply)

A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures / Post Pics Of Fulani Girls! / 55 Different Yoruba Hairstyles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.