Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts (26503 Views)

Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / CBN Extends Support To Skye Bank / CBN Extends BVN To Microfinance Banks, Gives July 31 Deadline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by alexiej(m): 11:35am On Jan 03, 2017
drnoel:
Best way to save money now is to dig a hole at put it inside.
I'm telling you.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by alexiej(m): 11:35am On Jan 03, 2017
drnoel:
Best way to save money now is to dig a hole at put it inside.
I'm telling you.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 03, 2017
See the style this FG is using, can anyone make deposit to an account that will be less than 1000 naira angry What this means invariably is that, 50 bucks will be charged on every transaction including two people. Ahhhh this is awful, the rich may not have problem with that but I fear for the low income earners, the market women, petty traders on the streets and what have you. So if 2k is deposited to their 0 accounts they have a balance of 1950 and can only withdraw 1k tru d atm. This stamp duty rubbish will render 1000 naira on every account useless at some points. Quite silly angry
bigtt76:
Nooo! Anytime you get a deposit from 1000 upwards, you pay 50 naira NOT on every 1000 grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Sageez(m): 11:36am On Jan 03, 2017
chemali:
This is irresponsible journalism. CBN released a circular specifying collection from current accounts. Any collection outside current accounts should be deemed illegal and clarifications sought from CBN. CBN did not release any circular extending this to savings account. Banks doing so are being ridiculous. The bank accounts I operate have not being charged stamp duty
Just relax it will hit your bank soon. I just got at alert from Diamond Bank Charging me N50 for stamp duty.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Montaque(m): 11:41am On Jan 03, 2017
Buhari is playing on us.
Fuel Subsidy, Fuel Price, data tarrif, devaluation,
He will always say it wont be implemented, but when we seem to be hibernating, he will implement it quietly
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by 2sexynet: 11:44am On Jan 03, 2017
romeorails:
U spoke so well but dt last statement was awful angry
You think they care about us? stay thee dey reason wetin awful. don't you see they marry themselves when it is time? Igbinedion daughter from South Married a guy from the NORTH... why not among those they use to during election?

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by NaWetinDey(m): 11:48am On Jan 03, 2017
If that is true, the spirit of death will take this man out along with those who hatched it. We cannot be cursed under this people for being mild, patriotic and hopeful. But we won't take everything they feed us. Death on those seeking my death!
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Fourwinds: 11:50am On Jan 03, 2017
this is robbery by FGN
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by repogirl(f): 11:55am On Jan 03, 2017
seXytOhbAd:
To all those who were shouting about buhari fulfilling his promise to pay each poor unemployed youth N50,000... I hope you can see that this government has no feasible plan. They are robbing us literally. It is better for you to keep money in your house cash, than have the government tax N50 from you. Now we don't know of this is annually, or monthly. They should kuku tell us because banks like heritage and keystone can decide to deduct it daily sef lol
They will charge you 50 naira for every single deposit that is 1000 naira and above....every single deposit.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by ehissi(m): 11:58am On Jan 03, 2017
Meaning for every #5,000 entering my account, I am paying #500............ undecided

They should just kukuma convert all savings account in Nigeria to current account using BVN let us just know finally the type of account we are using then......................................................... angry

Nonsense and Ingredient..................... angry angry

Na only how to take selfie, na e this useless government sabi. They have spended the whole utility budget in Aso rock on photographer and Special Assistant on Media and Social media Special assistant.

It is either they are taking selfie with padded budget, or fake Chibok girls, or fake Boko Haram flag.

Rubbish................................... angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by jbolt(m): 12:07pm On Jan 03, 2017
Kolo banking is still the surest bank you can ever have. Porting from conventional to traditional.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by johnspurgeon014(m): 12:09pm On Jan 03, 2017
I think the solution is to pay in 900s...

You wan send your person N10000? Simple. Fill 12 tellers - 900 bucks on eleven tellers and 100 bucks on the 12th. Make the cashier do paperwork die.

Just a thought.

I don tire for Buhari govamenti.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by johnspurgeon014(m): 12:17pm On Jan 03, 2017
Oops!!!

Just heard it's 65 naira not 50 naira. The bank charge is 15 naira on the transaction.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 03, 2017
idupaul:
I hope everybody notices that that till date the remuneration of political office holder have not been reduced a single bit . Till date Buhari has not for once accounted for how much has been received from postage duties thus far ..Buhari kills every thing he meets , if we are not careful he might destroy the the once robust Nigerian banking industry I tell you

Is Buhari the CBN Governor or Minister of Finance now?
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Aremu01(m): 12:19pm On Jan 03, 2017
Bad bad bad
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by idupaul: 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Keep thinking you are smart

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
idupaul:

Keep thinking you are smart

And you, that you're dumb.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by lucerowest(m): 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2017
Something that have been receiving Since last year ..and I'm on Savings account

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by idupaul: 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You are actually fooling yourself and not me . I agree Buhari is not the finance minister , now enjoy your tomfoolery
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
idupaul:

You are actually fooling yourself and not me . I agree Buhari is not the finance minister , now enjoy your tomfoolery

Nothing you write can reverse the idea that you're an uneducated buffoon.

Asking the President of a country that is in the middle of economic crisis to speak on N50 banking charge shows that you have little grasp of adult reasoning.

That or you're just a selfish dolt.

Foxtrot Oscar.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by bigtt76(f): 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2017
Very crazy ooooh! The don't even understand the implications sef. Every merchant's POS transactions from 1000 naira upwards becomes reduced by 50 naira. This would discourage cashless transactions.

What of the attendant discouragement of savings amongst the people? I would prefer to save at home which in turn attracts robbers the more. I wonder where in the world they witnessed this that they now decide to implement back home. At a time when the world is looking for ways to bank the unbanked ...we are looking to exploit the banked and encourage the unbanked at maintaining status quo.

romeorails:
See the style this FG is using, can anyone make deposit to an account that will be less than 1000 naira angry What this means invariably is that, 50 bucks will be charged on every transaction including two people. Ahhhh this is awful, the rich may not have problem with that but I fear for the low income earners, the market women, petty traders on the streets and what have you. So if 2k is deposited to their 0 accounts they have a balance of 1950 and can only withdraw 1k tru d atm. This stamp duty rubbish will render 1000 naira on every account useless at some points. Quite silly angry
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by danniekute(m): 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
Diamond bank deducted a whole sum of 200 naira from my savings account in December 2016.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by johnspurgeon014(m): 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
Oops!!!

Just heard it's 65 naira not 50 naira. The bank charge is 15 naira on the transaction.

I hear predictions that by 2020, our banking system would fail completely.

#Change
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by midfinger(m): 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Mr what are u trying to imply?or are u simply being foolish albeit being a senseless sycophant.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 03, 2017
midfinger:
Mr what are u trying to imply?or are u simply being foolish albeit being a senseless sycophant.

Go back to school grin
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by ehissi(m): 1:20pm On Jan 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

And who is responsible for their appointments? Jonathan? Abi na Shekau?..... undecided

What did he call it again that time, after waiting for 6months? Putting round pegs in round holes......... angry
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 03, 2017
ehissi:

And who is responsible for their appointments? Jonathan? Abi na Shekau?..... undecided

What did he call it again that time, after waiting for 6months? Putting round pegs in round holes......... angry

Yeah, he appointed them so they can do the job.

What's the point of having ministers when you all expect him to micro manage everything.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by folasayolyn(f): 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
Chai and 2019 is still far
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by ehissi(m): 1:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Yeah, he appointed them so they can do the job.

What's the point of having ministers when you all expect him to micro manage everything.

And when they are not doing their jobs properly, as expected whose attention do we call? Boko Haram or Buhari that appointed them? angry
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by GEJPosterity: 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2017
johnspurgeon014:
I think the solution is to pay in 900s...

You wan send your person N10000? Simple. Fill 12 tellers - 900 bucks on eleven tellers and 100 bucks on the 12th. Make the cashier do paperwork die.

Just a thought.

I don tire for Buhari govamenti.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

You win this thread.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by rimzo(m): 1:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
Not until will get to the street to protest this useless move by this useless Federal government. They don't even have heart for the average Nigerians.

Now our eyes don open. Come 2019 we will know where to channel our vote too.
This CHANGE don turn to ONE CHANCE like Gov. Fayose always tell us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? / 7 Strong Reasons You Should Start A Business In Your Twenties. / First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.