Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,220 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts (26507 Views)

Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / CBN Extends Support To Skye Bank / CBN Extends BVN To Microfinance Banks, Gives July 31 Deadline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by karleone(m): 2:03pm On Jan 03, 2017
Realdeals:
What have they done with last year collections, nothing was said about it.
This report is another sensational story from Punch Newspapers, there was no official statement from CBN and they fail to mention a bank deducting the charges on savings account, I have 3 savings account in 3 banks and nothing like that happens on them.

It's not a sensational story bro.. #50 was deducted from my FCMB savings account some days back for stamp duty.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by ekolina(m): 2:05pm On Jan 03, 2017
Realdeals:
This report is another sensational story from Punch Newspapers, there was no official statement from CBN and they fail to mention a bank deducting the charges on savings account, I have 3 savings account in 3 banks and nothing like that happens on them.
stop refuting what you dont know...diamond bank deducted 100 naira from my savings account for stamp duty
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by GGirll: 2:21pm On Jan 03, 2017
idupaul:
I hope everybody notices that that till date the remuneration of political office holder have not been reduced a single bit . Till date Buhari has not for once accounted for how much has been received from postage duties thus far ..Buhari kills every thing he meets , if we are not careful he might destroy the the once robust Nigerian banking industry I tell you
It was destroyed since Soludo left by their anointed Sanusi Lamido, mtchewww!!!! time to dig hole n put my money jare!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by midfinger(m): 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Go back to school grin
U dat went to school,how often do u make use of ur senses,zombie.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by jerrymej(m): 2:53pm On Jan 03, 2017
This is Rubbish...
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by olenyi: 3:04pm On Jan 03, 2017
Realdeals:

Which bank is that? It has never occur on my savings account with GTB and UBA, people still transfer funds to my savings as at 29th Dec. last year and nothing of such happens.

Then i would have to hold diamond bank liable for the stamp duty deductions on my acct which started last month and that of my wife's which has been going on for a couple of months now.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by 1stdammy: 3:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
Realdeals:
I hope when something like that begin to happen, you'll not b the first person to come on here to wail??
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by 1stdammy: 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
I think I now have a concrete reason to shot down my account permanently. Very stupid people
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
midfinger:
U dat went to school,how often do u make use of ur senses,zombie.

Which NURTW chapter do you belong to, agbero? grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
ehissi:

And when they are not doing their jobs properly, as expected whose attention do we call? Boko Haram or Buhari that appointed them? angry

I'll suggest you go with Boko Haram, please.

Leave the poor President alone to tackle much important stuff instead of your silly 10cent tax.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by upuphim(m): 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2017
Can someone tell CBN Governor that this will discourage adherence to cashless policy they have initiated.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by donodion(m): 5:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
With both hands in the air...i vote for the replacement of CBN governor, Emefiele must go!!!.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by midfinger(m): 5:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Which NURTW chapter do you belong to, agbero? grin
Unfortunately, I happen to belong in same chapter as your daddy cool....in ijebu-igbo.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Collins0609(m): 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2017
U are on point my brother
SalC:
Just say they extend their stealing to savings accounts too.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by jossy4joseph(m): 6:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
Buhari Buhari Buhari u nor go better
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Vikkiboi(m): 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
diamond bank started charging me this late last year with different amount ranging from 300, 250, 350 and 200 respectively.

was still charged this morning.

I don't even understand the basis of what am being charged.

this is so somehow
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by profstar(m): 7:50pm On Jan 03, 2017
I actually closed down my only current account I had last year when they started it to use just savings, now I'm back to square one with the avoidance.

N50 is too much on N1,000, the 50 might be the profit on sales of 1,000 for some. Yet it is the same with the person receiving 10million. Not fare

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by lastpage: 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
idupaul:
I hope everybody notices that that till date the remuneration of political office holder have not been reduced a single bit . Till date Buhari has not for once accounted for how much has been received from postage duties thus far ..Buhari kills every thing he meets , if we are not careful he might destroy the the once robust Nigerian banking industry I tell you

Dumb #Wailers like you, from the South.Beast, always see everything in the image and form of Buhari!
Hatred is making you guys mentally unstable.
angry angry

*Is Buhari the Head/Governor of the CBN?..... or is it not your "sabotaging Igbo" called Godwin Emefiele? (Why Buhari has not sacked that saboteur, still baffles me)

*Is Buhari constitutionally empowered to reduce or even tamper with the remuneration of the other "arm of Govt", the Legislature? Or is not you Igbos that are supporting Saraki and other criminals in the NASS?

*So, President Buhari also now doubles as the Accountant general of the federation that accounts for receipts and expenditure from other MDA's and private Agencies? Even if you people are "Igbos", it cant be that bad not to have small intelligence now?

*If you people will stop displaying hatred for anything good, stop supporting corrupt politicians in the name of "na our Blodder", stop importing fake products in the name of "na business", stop kidnapping and trafficking in hard drugs all in the name of "na Hustle", if you all Stop your "get money at any cost" attitude and stop spreading hatred online, maybe the country will get better!

But who-sai? Israelites must crucify Jesus now! undecided undecided

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by laudate: 4:20am On Jan 04, 2017
ScotsReferendum:
Good Morning Afonjas

Hope you guys are enjoying the Change

Er... why are you calling the Afonjas? Where are they? But wait, o! I thought it was an Igbo man who made this instruction, in his role as head of CBN? Or am I missing something here?? shocked

donodion:
With both hands in the air...i vote for the replacement of CBN governor, Emefiele must go!!!.

Those in support, say AYE! Those against say NAY! And the ..... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N20million Or Green Card: Which Would You Prefer? / Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan / “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.